You've become the carrier of a stink spell. What do you do?

KillerKingBakudan

You're minding your own business when you get the sudden whiff of 100 landfills infesting your nose. You don't know where it's coming from, only that it's vomit-inducing and you just want to be somewhere else. Without warning, you feel a hoof tap you from behind. As you turn around, you only see a bright flash. Whoever touched you clearly didn't want you noticing them and teleported out of sight. Within seconds, you begin to attract flies. And as you examine your surroundings, you see every pony getting nauseous and running to get the hell away from you.

You're pretty sure that you showered thoroughly before going out. You haven't been around any garbage heaps, and you certainly didn't have any accidents that involved not making it to the bathroom in time. So this is clearly the result of a spell concocted by some depraved asshole. The pony that just tapped you had previously been inflicted by it, and in doing so, made you the new source of the stench.

You're compelled to do some research and you find that no amount of time in the shower will make the stench go away. Neither will body spray. Not even another spell. And the longer this persists, the more flies you get hovering above you like a rotting pile of crap. Ponies that stay in your presence long enough will probably die from respiratory failure, and that's IF they haven't already puked out most of their bodily fluids.

There are only two remedies. They sound simple, but make no mistake; they're far from easy. You'll either have to-

A: Tag some other living creature to pass the smell onto.

Or B: Track down the unicorn who cast the spell and make them reverse it.

Tagging a pony will be extremely difficult because no one in Equestria will want to be within 100 feet of you, and even if you manage to touch someone, you'll have to be ready to haul some ass. They can just as easily tag you back.

And the unicorn responsible for this mess can be anywhere. Finding them could take years to accomplish.

What do you do?

No questions asked.

I would do option C: Find a way to dispel the spell, and then keep a sample of it. I'd go find the unicorn who did it and then take them down.

post-8308-0-71681500-1384286678.png.0d2177f6769c784855a970d3d2658987.png

MLP Fan since ~ Summer of 2011

I would teleport behind Queen Chrysalis or Tirek (as I am an alicorn) and tag them. Then I would find the unicorn caster, make them touch infested evil, and theyll want to get rid of it.

Just now, SharpWit said:

Do I or anyone with this curse smell the awful odor?

Some of it. Not all, because then you'd be dead too.

No questions asked.

14 minutes ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Some of it. Not all, because then you'd be dead too.

That's what I thought and am happy to learn because I'm going with option A, and the creature I choose his Cerberus. Dogs don't mind bad smells so much, some actively go looking to roll in stench. Only those locked up in Tartarus will have to truly endure the smell and chances are that anyone breaking out or trespassing will come into contact with him at some point so you can track down any culprits as well.

• 2 years later...