Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Celestia and Luna's family

ManaMinori

I have compiled a list of ponies that are Princess Celestia and Luna's family.

While many fans may not necessarily agree, due to these characters being shown outside of the FiM series canon, but rather, in books and comics, I must make clear- the show and comic writers have regarded comic stories as canonical side stories that take place in between episodes, and references to certain books have taken place in series canon, so it's all one interwoven, singular canon with blurred lines in between media.

That said, this is what is known so far of Princess Luna and Celestia's family, thus far.

King_Leo_ID_UtSS.png.3b417deba5df533839b46661f6c99ff0.png

According to the book, "My Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea", Princess Celestia's cousin is shown to be a sea lion named King Leo of the underwater city of Aquastria, and ruler of the mermares and seaponies.

Prince_Blueblood_ID_S1E03.png.505ab33e1d32999affa34d9d18f32703.png

Prince Blueblood is the distant nephew (52 times removed) of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna (on their mother's side) and the cousin of Princess Cadance.

Leon_in_the_French_My_Little_Pony_magazine_cropped.png.a1b88418d72c5e064a3565c0248959ea.png

Leon is the four-year-old cousin of Princess Celestia's who appears in a Panini My Little Pony French magazine story. Has the same color scheme and cutie mark as Prince Blueblood.

Princess_Cadance_ID_S4E11.png.2bdb5e5e55f39d4b33b14baef2d57d7d.png

Princess Cadance is the adopted niece of Princess Celestia.

Twilight Sparkle, Shining Armor, Twilight Velvet, Nightlight- all related to Cadance, and Celestia, by marriage.

Star Tracker is an honorary family member related to celestia and Luna through the Sparkle Family

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

According to the book, "My Little Pony: Under the Sparkling Sea", Princess Celestia's cousin is shown to be a sea lion named King Leo of the underwater city of Aquastria, and ruler of the mermares and seaponies.

Well I'm pretty sure this is no longer canon as of the MLP Movie.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Leon is the four-year-old cousin of Princess Celestia's who appears in a Panini My Little Pony French magazine story. Has the same color scheme and cutie mark as Prince Blueblood.

Leon is so far removed, and I don't mean by familial relation, but by being mentioned by something that holds such absolute minimum merit that he's not even worth considering.

I'd say look at characters that have royal titles but make sure that the title isn't actually their name, such as Princess Erroria, who isn't actually a Princess, but maybe the Duke and Duchess of Maretonia are in some way. Royals usually marry other royals, so although Prince Blueblood is their closest living relative, other ponies may be related by even further distance. 1,000 plus years has a way of doing that, but I suppose nothing can really be confirmed until mentioned.