Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted I'd like to improve my style

Sarge Sixteenbit

It's about that time, again. If I want to get people to hire me, I'm gonna need to create the best work possible.

If it's not too much trouble, could you guys take a look at a few of the best of my recent work and give me some pointers as to how I can improve?

trixie_as_dark_magician_girl_by_sergeantspartella__she_who_returns_by_sergeant16goku_vs_godzilla_by_sergeant16bit-dca8fzflutters_will_make_it_better_by_sergeantamy_and_blaze_s_teen_titans_cosplay_by_shoney_stretches_by_sergeant16bit-dce0mlubrass_brush_redesign_by_sergeant16bit-dc

• Brohoof 1

well it kinda depends on what kind of art or style you would like to achieve, and one good way to improve is to look up some art that you would like your art be more like and try to find out how they did what they did and incorporating those techniques into your own work and style. 

Adapting the techniques into your own style and that way growing your art. it is the way i try to improve my art and i think my art has somewhat improved because of that.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I agree with what was said above... ultimately it's up to you and what style you prefer, so the advice of looking up the work of artists you strive to be like is sound.

However, if I could add one piece of advice, it would be to try focusing on exaggerated poses to make your characters "pop". It doesn't quite work for a realistic style, but if you're doing something more cartoony (as it seems), exaggerated poses help make things look more exciting (which is why you'll see it in animation and comic books a lot). Otherwise it still looks pretty good, you seem to have a lot of the essentials like body proportion down.