private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Still, shouldn't there be some sign that someone has been to this portal before us?" Oliver pointed out. "I mean, we can't be the very first ones they've asked to check this out. They must've sent someone before us, right?

• Brohoof 1

img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-2m4ommo.jpg

Signature by @J.R.

Equestrian Empire's current Party Pony!

"No?" "We saw when it opened, how the military failed to enter it." Jenna reminded "We are, without a doubt, the first." "Or at least first from where we come from, as we discussed before, we, as in our world, isn't necessarily the first place where this happened." 

• Brohoof 1

Stevonnie.png.e39b58e3d79c1f98449985e3f187b367.png

“Cats!”  “Cats!”  “Music!”  “Cats!” “Cats! “(^・ω・^ )ノ” 
Ask me something! https://mlpforums.com/topic/139270-ask-the-cerberus/#entry4129993
Signature by @Stevonnie

"I just don't understand why we were made to go in, besides not being like other people," Oliver said. "And they expected us to figure all this out on our own without any help from them. Whoever's doing this, they're not being fair."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"Exactly because of that, because we are not like others." Jenna pointed out "While I have no interest in defending them, the logic is sound." "We are a part of the populace, who not only have special abilities, but who have lived their whole lives hiding those abilities." "So even those who aren't as...curious, as I am, would probably choose to go to their local portal just so they can finally let their abilities fully out." "There's also the fact that this is how it always goes, a group of people in power, without risking themselves, make young people solve their problems, be it wars or something like this, you don't see any of them doing this." "It is unfair, but, it is also in our interest, because if we don't do it, nobody else will, and....well, I rather try and fail, than don't try and watch as everything goes bad." "There is of course also the option that they have no more of a clue what to do, and they kinda just hope we figure something out." 

• Brohoof 1

Ask me something! https://mlpforums.com/topic/139270-ask-the-cerberus/#entry4129993
Signature by @Stevonnie

"I just wish they gave us more to go on," Oliver said as he kept walking with Jenna. "We have no idea what to do or how to do it. We don't know if anyone else is here, if there's anyone here at all. Something worse could be happening at home while we're wandering around here."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

Jenna nodded somberly "Yep." she didn't have much to add or argue there "And what if we need help? We are miles from the portal already, and as you said, there's nobody around." "I know some basic stuff, but I'm not a doctor, or nurse, or any kind of expert." she looked at the darkness around them "I'm also not sure which is scarier, the idea that we are alone here, or that we aren't." 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

"I don't know much apart from putting on a bandage," Oliver muttered, frowning. He looked around, his nose twitching as he tried to pick up any scents. "I don't think anyone is around, but honestly, I can't tell for sure..."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"This is a big place, even if there was someone like us here somewhere, what are the changes to just stumbling upon them?" Jenna mentioned "And what if they are not friendly?" she seemed to realize something "I hadn't even thought about that; this place is very taxing mentally, so if we were to find someone, there's a risk that they are..." she shuddered a bit, gripping on Oliver's arm suddenly and pulling herself close "I suddenly feel lot more uncomfortable." 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

Oliver swallowed at that thought. He hadn't thought of that either. This place was so strange and empty it would drive someone mad.

He blushed as Jenna held herself closer to him. "Me too, but I'm sure we can do something."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

• 2 weeks later...

It was weird really, the idea of a malevolent person in there with them made her more uncomfortable than the idea of meeting more of those...things, that came out of the portal, maybe it was intelligence thing, since a person would be able to stalk them and plan things, while the things, while probably humans at some point, seemed to be less than animals in that aspect, as their movement didn't seem to have any more logic beyond 'move forward'

"Just keep your senses sharp aright?" "I don't want us to be surprised."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

Oliver swallowed. He was on edge, but he was keeping alert. "I'll try to sniff out anyone who's hiding. It should be easy, since I can't smell anything else around here. I hate how stale the air is here."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"You and me both." Jenna said "I would otherwise keep my powers active to keep an eye for any life around too, but the air feels so unnatural that it would probably make me physically sick." due to just how weird everything here felt, she didn't really like using her powers here until necessary, which in turn made her feel more normal she had ever felt, closest to a regular human, and she kinda hated it, she felt so vulnerable. 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

Oliver swallowed and looked around. He didn't like not being able to smell anything, it made the place feel even more unnatural.

"I already feel sick," he muttered. "I really, really hate it here."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"Well, at least it means we are still sane." Jenna stated, half-joking, hoping to bring things up even slightly "Tell me if at any point you start enjoying it, so that I know you have started losing your mind." 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

"I don't think you need to worry about that," Oliver said managing to smile a little at Jenna. "I'll be a lot happier when we can finally get out of here and everything doesn't feel so dangerous anymore."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"Whenever that is." Jenna agreed "This thing feels infinite." she looked up at the beam they were following once again, they had walked a days worth at least in distance, yet their target was still somewhere behind the horizon. She didn't say it out loud, but Jenna had a strong feeling that they'd be travelling quite a way outside the city; She started thinking about alternative ways to move, motor vehicles were probably out of the question, but maybe a bicycle? it would probably be better than walking, right? "Why is it that this feels so terrifying?" "I'm at the point that I almost hope we see some kind of monster or something." she was again half-joking, but there was also some truth behind it, the emptiness around them was terrifying, and seeing something to fear was preferable to not knowing if there was something. 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

Oliver swallowed at the idea of a monster, but honestly he'd prefer that over having no idea what was out there.

"At least I'd smell a monster coming," he agreed. "I hate this stale air and I hate that I can't sense anything nearby."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"I hate it too, so I can only imagine how it is for you." Jenna responded "Though it makes me wonder something, how far can you actually smell? There is no wind, or any kind of air-current in that matter, so do you know how much that limits you?" 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

"I can smell pretty far," Oliver said, smiling a little. He pointed toward the portal. "If the portal had a scent, I could probably start smelling it from here."

He felt a little better from the change of topic.

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

"That's good." Jenna said, she hadn't actually thought about how the lack of air-movement would affect smells before, without wind, they wouldn't travel as far as they sometimes did, but at the same time, they probably stayed longer for the same reason, though she was just guessing, as it wasn't something she had ever really looked into. "Though now that you mention it, it is curious that the portal didn't smell." "I don't know what a rip in universe would smell like, but one would think it smells like something, right?" 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @Stevonnie

"Yeah, that's weird," Oliver agreed. His nose twitched as he tried again to pick up the scent of the portal, but he couldn't pick up anything but stale air. "I always thought it would at least smell like burning or something."

Signature by @J.R.