Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private 1x1 with Unicorncob (rp)

Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, it's all I can smell and I don't like it," Oliver admitted. He didn't like not being able to fully know what was around him.

"Yeah, I've got everything," he said, putting his backpack on his back.

• Brohoof 1

"Let's go then." Jenna stated, giving a one more glance towards the closed bedroom before heading to the apartments door and opening it, waiting for Oliver to exit first, some questions were better left unanswered. She was slightly surprised by the humid air in the stairwell, but then remembered the reason "I almost forgot the basement was flooded." she led them outside from the front doors, she couldn't lie, she did consider turning back towards the portal for a fraction of a moment, but she decided to go on, and started leading them deeper into the city, following the dark beam on the dark sky. 

• Brohoof 1

"That or a pipe burst or something." Jenna agreed "It takes only a small fault when there's nobody to turn off the pressure." "Though then again, if there was pressure, it would still be rising wouldn't it?" "So you're probably right." After they had walked a short moment, Jenna spoke "I just realized something, have you noticed? the temperature?" "It's odd isn't it?" "It's not cold, or even cool, but I wouldn't say it's especially warm either." "It's like it's neutral, bland, like everything else here, just constant sameness." Constant even darkness, the same smell everywhere, the temperature felt same everywhere, the absolute silence, it was quite awful when you noticed it, was this why her local version had lost her mind? She was suddenly very glad that she wasn't alone.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at Jenna's realization, and swallowed fearfully when he started taking it in as well. "Now that you mention it, yeah. Everything seems so... what's that word? Stagnant?"

He looked around again. "It's like time has stopped or something."

• Brohoof 1

"I didn't think of it through that lens but you're right." Jenna agreed "While time isn't literally frozen, since we can move and stuff, things do certainly seem frozen in time." "And I now understand why the local Jenna seemed to lose her mind, can you imagine, being trapped here alone?" 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver looked around at the city while Jenna spoke. He swallowed at the idea of being trapped in such a place by himself. Like nothing was happening around him.

"I'm trying not to think about it," he said, shivering.

• Brohoof 1

"It does make wonder." Jenna said, trying to get their thoughts away from the topic "Is this universe wide, or just earth?" "Is it some unnatural happening directly tied to the planet, or does the entire universe look like this?" "Is it the end of the world, or the end of everything?" It would explain the time situation somewhat, if the universe itself was dying, since while far from a simple concept, time was  simply another part of the universe, but there was the problem of speed, because very rarely, if ever, anything universe wide happened as fast as this had seemed to happen, things on that scale usually took so long that millions of years was like a blink of an eye. 

• Brohoof 1

"I hope it's not as bad as all that," Oliver muttered, swallowing at the thought of the entire universe being like this. "What could make all this happen? And why would it happen? It just isn't right at all..."

• Brohoof 1

"That is the question." Jenna said "If it is only happening here, then it is no doubt supernatural, since there is no logical or natural explanation for any of it." "But if it was to be universe wide, then not making sense makes sense, since reality, as in, things like time and laws of physics, are tied to the universe, so if it was to die, who knows what would happen?" 

"It is ultimately just pointless theorizing, but considering the most out there ideas, we may come up with the logical solution." 

• Brohoof 1

"I dunno, I feel like it could be magic," Oliver said, shrugging. "I mean, there are people who can't do what we do, and people who do completely different things. That's pretty much magic, isn't it?"

• Brohoof 1

"What is magic but anything one doesn't understand?" Jenna replied "I'm not saying you are wrong, because you aren't, but as an answer it's equally vague as me saying it's supernatural." "And it still leaves the question of where whatever caused this came from?" she though for a moment "Which actually brings me back to home, you remember the letter? somebody knew the portals would come, and they knew about us." "Does that mean that they also know what happened here?" 

• Brohoof 1

"Maybe they did," Oliver said, nodding. "It definitely makes sense. Though, if they knew what would happen, why would they tell us and no one else? Do they think we're the only ones who can help deal with it?"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

"The military knew, so they either told them or are part of them." Jenna reminded "But also, probably, we saw what happened to the military, I don't think regular people are up for the task." "But at the same time, they didn't tell us what we should do, or what would happen, only that something would happen, which does rise a questions about their goals." 

• Brohoof 1

"But then, why would the military know about us?" Oliver asked. "Have they been watching us all this time?"

He swallowed, not liking the idea of being watched without knowing it. How long had he been spied on?

• Brohoof 1

"What doesn't the military know?" Jenna pointed out "If anyone would know about those like us, it would be the government, right?" "They have all the FBIs and CIAs and whatever else." "But if they have been watching us...maybe?" "It is not a pleasant thought, but they do have all of our information." "Though even if they didn't know about us before, they do now, since no doubt whatever the source of information for the portals was, also told about those like us." 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, but you said someone sent us that warning knowing who we are and what we can do," Oliver pointed out. "And if they're with the army... that means the army's been watching us. But why us? We can't be the only ones with powers, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"It wasn't just us." Jenna reminded "Before things went down, there were people on the internet talking about similar letters." "There was also that one person we saw before entering the portal, I do wonder where they went." "Though if we would have been the only ones, then they would have definitely watched us." "But, I'm still not certain if i believe it could have been the military that did all of it, mainly because it's the military, mysterious letters isn't really their style." 

• Brohoof 1

"You'd think we'd see at least one of them around the portal, besides...whoever that was," Oliver said, shrugging. "Yeah, but if the military didn't do it, and they're the only ones who know...then who did it?"

• Brohoof 1

"They aren't the only ones to know, that much is obvious, the response was global after all." Jenna reminded "It is more likely that if it has anything to do with any government, it's some secret service that is the origin of the information." "But it may just as well be some group with nothing to do with any government of any kind." "In my opinion the bigger question still is their goals, if they knew what was coming, and told that to the military, then why not tell it to us? why only tell the location and time if they wanted us to do something?" 

• Brohoof 1

"I just wish I knew why we had to be chosen to look into this," Oliver sighed. "There's so much we don't know about any of this."

He frowned as he listened to Jenna. "What if they didn't want us to do something about it?"

• Brohoof 1

"Then why tell us?" Jenna asked "That's why it bothers me so much, they told us that something was coming, so they wanted us to see it, but they did not tell anything about what it would be, or how to stop any of it." "They kinda just assumed that curiosity would take over, as it did, not only for us, but others like us too." 

• Brohoof 1

"But why wouldn't they tell us what it was if they knew what it was?" Oliver pointed out. "I still don't know why we're here. Did they want us to fall into a trap or something? None of it makes any sense to me."

• Brohoof 1

"Exactly my point" Jenna stated "They clearly wanted us to know that something will happen, but at the same time they didn't tell what would happen, or what they wanted us to do about it." "They sent this same incomplete information to, as far as we know, all people with powers, yet didn't specify anything." "Someone clearly knew what was coming, since the military knew to prepare, even if their preparations weren't enough." "So why to see the effort to send letters to thousands of people all around the globe, if you are going to make them vague enough to seem like a scam?" 

• Brohoof 1

"Why wouldn't they tell us what to do about it if they want us to stop it?" Oliver pointed out. "It doesn't make any sense."

He sighed and looked down. "Right now, I just want to go home and forget all this happened."

• Brohoof 1