Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

On 2024-04-02 at 12:48 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Though The Grey could likely catch him if it were needed. He were still within city limits.

The Grey would only go after someone if vengeance were called on them, either literally or figuratively. So given no one was planning to go to the Grey about it, and no one appeared to have died to talk to Vengeance about it, he'd be under their radar for now. Ace wasn't going to get the Grey involved in any case.

Arcade only looked over the room briefly to make sure it was secure before putting Ardee to bed, who was already asleep on his back. He looked her over with a frown, "We should have someone look at her, all that bruising around her wings doesn't look good, I hope she didn't push herself too hard."

He'd then turn his attention back to Null, "And how about you? Did he hurt you any? It's hard to tell with how dark your coat is. And in any case, how are you feeling? About everything that happened? I..."

He sighed, looking at Ardee, "I don't know if it would have been better or worse if we had gone with you from the start, or if I had just stayed here despite what I heard... I'm glad you're both alright, but... I don't know what I would do if either of you had gotten seriously hurt."

(Cherish)

Many of the students seemed intrigued by the prospect of speaking to Sooth, and were placated that they would need to talk to their guardians to set it up.

Gemini would stand up, "Do questions remain? No?" She nodded, "Good, everyone thank our guest!"

The students would thank Sooth, who would then be allowed to leave, or to stick around if she wanted to observe the students.

In any case, Gypsum would stand at the front, "Now, are there any final questions about marks?"

(There's a chance for Cherish to ask something, or not. I think unless you have topics for school, we'll just go into the school when we have something interesting for them to learn. I am interested though in having Elef do some therapy at some point.)

(Regardless, the next scene is Toupé's party!)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"I'm fine, just... A few bruises. It'll ache later, but I've had worse. Ardee's outta see someone first, after she's had some rest."

She could feel it aching some already, but it wasn't something she hadn't tried before. Unless it started to bleed, or the pain would increase, she'd be fine. She just needed to take it easy for a bit, if that were at all possible. This line of work, who could tell how it would go?

Honestly, the thought of just laying down on the floor for a bit, and breathe in silence, were rather tempting. Just a chance to clear her head, and get everything straight. But much as that seemed tempting, there were something else that were far more tempting than that.

Beyond the want to have the Vengeance powers turned off again, but she would've asked Nine to do so on the way back, so that shouldn't currently be an issue.

"Don't blame yourself, Arcade. If anyone's to blame here, it's me. The stuff I did when I went alone, it wasn't dangerous, and we were a big group, so no one tried something. But I left you behind, because I was scared that either of you were gonna get into this mess, but not out of it again. If I hadn't, maybe she wouldn't have been taken in the first place. You wouldn't have gotten killed on that rooftop...

This here's my fault, because I didn't trust her. And don't say that ain't true, because it is. I didn't believe that if the fight came, she'd be ready for it. I were sure she'd be the sitting duck, just waiting to be shot down.

Instead she came in, guns blazing, and showed teeth. Even though Basher held back, that doesn't change that she wouldn't have just been picked off. But I didn't give her a chance to prove that, before I just tossed her in a box, and told her to stay there.

I just... Void trusted me to take good care of her this trip. Instead I tried too hard, and I almost f-failed her, and all of you. If she'd died, because of me, I... H-How could I even look her in the eyes anymore? Or y-you..."

It all just hit her at once, and she'd lean in to him, crying into his chest fluff. She were happy, that they all got out of this alive, but she had put a lot of fear, pain, and other negative emotions in the back of her mind, when she put the focus on finding her Ardee again. She got a small respite earlier, because of Arcade, but it hadn't stopped boiling up back there, including when Ardee had shown up, and started to fight Basher. And now everything seemed calm and done, the barrier were falling down, and she needed to let it out. Even if it was just a little. Just a few minutes, where it were just him and her, before the next ordeal would toss them to the waves.

===============================================================================

(School)

Cherish hadn't anything to mention about this, as she knew a little bit more on how her mother's clinic worked, seeing as she lived there, and had been through several sessions herself. But with Sooth here, she would have the chance to do something else, before the day would be done.

That being that she'd ask Sooth if maybe she could go to the Cutie Mark Party, if it was okay with the others. Sooth personally, hadn't anything against it, but did say that she would have to ask Void, and that Cherish herself would have to ask Toupé, of course. Which she did.

If Toupé preferred not to, that would be okay. They were still new classmates, so Cherish could understand, and just wished her a happy Cutie Mark Party. If it were okay, Sooth would say that she'd go and ask Void about it, before school ended for today, so she should better go and ask. If it came to that, Void would be surprised for a start, to see her therapist. But when explained things, would understand, and welcomed Cherish, if she liked to join. Void figured it were good for them all to make friends.

That would of course, also be an option for Lilac and Nova. She'd have to find some more plates and such in the closet, but there were food enough, she made sure of that, and she could easily make room around the table.

As for how things were set up at home? It were extravagant. Balloons covered a fair few surfaces. Various, mixed culture party accessories were hung or put around, as it were hard to have enough, without being willing to take what one could find. The table were covered in a large cloth, but it were clear that something were beneath the lumpy tablecloth, as were there beneath a cloth, that were hanging and covering something in the middle of a spacious wall, with the best view when you entered the living room.

Colors and flags were in abundance, wherever you looked, and once shed notice they were here, Void would pop around the corner, wearing a party hat, and using a small party horn. It had seen better days, but it were the best she had to work with, though Lacuna would repeat the sound it made, as best he could too, as he thought this were some new kind of greeting. She didn't mind. It would distract him away from trying to wander off and eat tinsel. Which at least he had been interested in trying. If the foals had been the same, she had three to try and stop from doing that, which would not have made things easier, but she would muscle through it, as best she could.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

On 2024-04-09 at 2:05 PM, Blitz Boom said:

I just... Void trusted me to take good care of her this trip. Instead I tried too hard, and I almost f-failed her, and all of you. If she'd died, because of me, I... H-How could I even look her in the eyes anymore? Or y-you..."

Arcade looked like he had wanted to interject at points, but held back to let Null say her full piece. When she started crying he held her close, "I won't lie and tell you its alright, but I understand, and I don't blame you for the decisions you made. I agreed with you when you made them and I think they were the best we could have made knowing what we did. I appreciate that you wanted to keep her safe. I did too. But we see now that our efforts put her in more danger than if we had let her try and prove herself."

He looked over at where she was sleeping, "I think what's most important is how we proceed. She's shown that she's strong and capable, and we need to show that we see and respect that. Apologize for not believing in her before and show that we believe in her now."

He kissed the top of Null's head, "I love you, because I know you care deeply about me and my family. I can't hold against you you wanting to keep us safe to the best of your ability."

It was likely that they would end up falling asleep like that, in each other's hooves sitting at the end of the bed Ardee was in, rather than separating to find somewhere more comfortable, but Arcade wouldn't object if Null did choose to move.

(Cherish)

and that Cherish herself would have to ask Toupé, of course. Which she did.

Toupé would be surprised at the request, but would accept, seeing as Cherish had been there when her mark was first discovered.

That would of course, also be an option for Lilac and Nova. She'd have to find some more plates and such in the closet, but there were food enough, she made sure of that, and she could easily make room around the table.

Lilac wasn't close enough to consider such a thing, nor was she aware that a party was going to happen since she didn't know who had gotten their mark when it had been announced that someone had. She had even checked herself in case it was her and no one had told her. So Void didn't have to worry on that front.

(Void)

If the foals had been the same, she had three to try and stop from doing that, which would not have made things easier, but she would muscle through it, as best she could.

Part of the less than perfect arrangement of decorations was due to the foals constantly trying to use their newfound abilities to take them down, though the two of them would be captivated by a balloon in the corner that Piecey was pushing around with her magic, and Peal was trying to capture with her limited flight, much to the delight of both parties.

The young ponies, with Cherish in tow, were surprised to see all the decorations around the room. Toupé herself was a bit more enthused than she had been before class, as the lesson had taught her that a mark was meant to be celebrated and was, in almost all cases, a good thing worth celebrating. It also helped her to see the joy in those around her for her achievement.

The foals would pause their game to come over to Teal and Toupé, who were both surprised to see what they could do, Teal asked, "Have they been doing this while we were gone? I didn't realize they'd gotten so good already!"

Toupé, with Peal on her back, would move over to the covered table, as well as looking at the covered portion of the wall, "Is there a surprise? Or did something happen to the wall? The foals didn't break something did they?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Null would not be able to stop the tears, or find her words again, as she heard Arcade talk to her, saying the words that she needed to hear, and holding her, to try and bring her comfort. She didn't know how she deserved someone as good to her as him. He were attentive, loving... He were everything to her, and times as this, when she needed him the most, she just felt it even stronger.

When he were done speaking, she still hadn't a word to find, much as she felt like speaking. Her head full of a jumbled mess of things she wanted to say to him, twisting and turning in a chaotic mess, but... She knew what it boiled down to, in her heart. And so she let herself answer not with words, but action, as she pushed forward, engaging him in a passionate kiss, tears still streaming from her eyes.

She didn't deserve someone this good, but she thanked whatever sliver of kindness left in this world, that he were here, with her, and she would not let him go. Currently literally, as she kept the kiss going, hugging him close for a time, until eventually she would fall asleep in his grip. Had they been alone, perhaps she would be less... Restrained, but a small part of her were still aware, that Ardee were here. Perhaps another time, it would be a night just for them, but still, she did not complain. Here at the end of the bed, close to her love, she felt as happy as she ever think she could be.

She would rest soundly, until the others would begin to stir. She wouldn't be happy to let go of Arcade and wake up, but she'd begrudgingly slowly open her eyes, that were a little puffed up from her previous crying.

"Nnngh... What time is it?"

===============================================================================

(Void)

"They're plenty good, long as they're motivated.

And don't you worry, they're persistent, but I make sure to keep a close eye on them, so they don't get hurt. A lot easier, once they got transfixed by the balloons. A lot of young foals tend to be transfixed by them.

*sigh* I remember looking on at carnivals, just seeing hundreds of foals walking around with balloons. floating around... It were magical. It's honestly nice to finally see that wonder and amazement up close."

Null and her rarely actually got into the carnivals. Too many there, so it were too easy to get noticed, with their abilities, with so many magical sources, all over the place. But they did like to watch it from the outskirts, and enjoy the sounds and lights, and imagine what it would be like to walk in and try things. Not that they didn't at times. Wander in, that were. Sadly they couldn't go and waste their limited funds on the stuff you could do there, as the things were expensive, and even if they had more to work with than normally, they could do other things with the money instead, that would be good. Like getting coats, or a room for a few days, or a week.

They were both fascinated with the plushies you could try and throw balls for, but they had seen enough to know it were mostly a scam, and thus just a waste of money. They did go around and loot things though. Not directly from the stands or anything. They weren't thieves per se. More like dropped things, and leftover food abandoned somewhere, maybe a half soda here and there, if they got lucky- It were all fair game to them, and would be the closest they got to enjoying a carnival, or other such gatherings. Some times they were luckier than others, but they liked the leftovers they managed to get hold of. It were a nice change in their normal diet at times, and felt like a rare, well earned treat.

She outta take the younglings here to a festival one day, when those sorts of things would be starting up again. Just the whole family, or at least as much of it as were possible. Ardee and Arcade as well.

"And don't you worry about the wall. The little darlings didn't break anything there, nor on the table. It's surprises. The table we'll see soon, but I actually would like for you to unveil what I placed on the wall, Toupé. It's a little extra present, that I hope you'll like. Come on and gather up everyone."

If Toupé unveiled it, it would turn out to be a mosaic. Smaller than the rest she had presented, but it were big enough, to show what she wanted it to: Toupé's cutie mark. It hadn't been easy, and she had to pull an all nighter mostly because she had to make this, and her other present, but she believed it was well worth it, and she hoped, the start of a tradition, where she could get one up for each of them, as they'd eventually get their marks. And like with this one, she might need to gently carve in small details in, like had been the case with Toupé's lettering, to the best of her abilities. She personally thought it looked accurate, but she might be wrong with the minor things. Hopefully it would be okay though.

The underside had a small circle screw, seemingly making it possible to hang something from it.

"Surprise! I thought this would be a nice way to celebrate, and mark the occasion. I've left a spot at the bottom, to hang a plate with your name on, when you know for sure what you want to do with that."

Cherish were impressed at least, but she waited saying something. Void had seen her, and had smiled and given her a wave, but this were Toupé's important moment. She'd get to say hello soon enough.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

Null would find that she had been reoriented in the night to at least be on her side and covered in a light blanket and head on a pillow. Arcade's back was to her, so she was in a protected position where she was between the bed and Arcade, with Arcade facing the door.

It was Ardee moving on the bed that had woken Null, though Arcade were starting to stir, a bit slower than usual given the exertion of the previous day and night.

Ardee raised herself to a sitting position with a pained groan, "ugh- my wings haven't hurt like this since..." she shook her head. She winced as she tried to fold her wings in, the bruising was still present around where her wings met her body, and there was some swelling at the joints of the wings themselves.

"Umm, Null? Could... could you help me fold my wings? I should be able to hold them still once they're folded, but it hurts to move them."

Provided Null agreed, Ardee would look away as Null helped move her wings to the folded position, doing her best to keep herself from tensing too much, though it was obvious that it hurt a good amount.

Null could take this opportunity to talk to Ardee a bit more personally.

Arcade would get up and move towards the door, "I'll leave you two to that then, and I'll try and find us some food."

So she could even talk privately if she wanted.

(Void)

On 2024-04-16 at 5:50 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Surprise! I thought this would be a nice way to celebrate, and mark the occasion. I've left a spot at the bottom, to hang a plate with your name on, when you know for sure what you want to do with that."

Toupé was surprised by the reveal, gently raising a hoof to touch it, to trace the lines, there was a faint smile to her face, and she looked thoughtful as she looked at the space where her name would go.

She looked over at Void, "Are... are you going to do this for the others too? I don't want them to feel left out..."

Teal and Elef encouraged Toupé, indicating that they didn't mind, but also hoping that they would get their own when they got their marks? As they looked to Void for confirmation to that end.

That said, Toupé would look at another place in the room, "Um, I don't know if you stuck it to the wall like the others, but maybe it could be moved? I mean, maybe if it went over my bed? If it's attached then it's fine. I do appreciate it, it's much easier to see there than looking at my own flank. Thank you."

She would move to hug Void if Void would allow it, and Void would feel a few tears on her coat from Toupé's eyes, "Sorry, I'm not used to... all this. We all had to work very hard to get anything before."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

Arcade, Ardee- Whomever got her stirred, were annoying her a bit. Null wasn't much of a morning pony in all honesty. When she finally managed to find a patch of peace and calm, she were the sort who liked to soak it in, as best she could, because who knew when the next time would come to happen again. It weren't that bad anymore, but everything took getting used to, and she'd have liked to lay down for a few more hours. But alas, life called, and there were plenty to do, so she better just get over herself. Seemed like the name of the game right now, were gonna be to help with some wings. Looking it over - once she had rubbed the sleep from her eyes - she could see some swelling, so it made sense enough, that she had some issues there. Shouldn't be too hard to solve for now.

"Yeah, I can help you. Just take it easy. The swelling's probably gonna make this hurt a bit."

Looked like it hurt a fair bit actually, but... It would be brief at least, even if she were being careful. Which she was. She didn't want Ardee to get hurt more, because of her.

As Arcade would start to leave the room, looking for food, she'd give him a shoutout.

"I dunno if maybe they also run a breakfast buffet. Try look there for a start, and I'll help Ardee a bit."

Wasn't gonna be pleasant, but they'd get there eventually. Hopefully it would help a bit when around halfway, the small fox would pop up again, and go jump on Ardee, to help try to ease the pain a bit. It figured that trying to help her with the pain, over the swelling, was the better option, though it did feel a bit perky. Maybe it was the feather stuck in its folds? It wasn't sure, but it would channel energy into Ardee, but this time, not overdoing it. It didn't want to end up all out of juice again. Now they were safe, it wanted to be awake for its pamphlet.

Once they were both tucked in, Null would chew her lower lip a bit, trying to find the right words to open up what to say here.

"...I'm sorry for underestimating you, Ardee. I wanted so badly to keep you out of danger, that I pushed you right into the middle of it. I just... I couldn't bare the thought of going back, and having to tell my sister, and your siblings, that you died, because I couldn't keep you safe. It'd shatter them."

===========================================================

(Void)

17 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

She looked over at Void, "Are... are you going to do this for the others too? I don't want them to feel left out..."

"Of course. I was aiming that yours is the first, but I want to mark the occasion for all of you, including the date when you got your marks. But I'm adding that to the name plate. The same goes for everyone else, so we can celebrate their mark day, and I hope, it will also make you remember that no matter how long time have passed, and how far away you might end up, there'll always be someone who loves you, and a home that will welcome you."

18 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

That said, Toupé would look at another place in the room, "Um, I don't know if you stuck it to the wall like the others, but maybe it could be moved? I mean, maybe if it went over my bed? If it's attached then it's fine. I do appreciate it, it's much easier to see there than looking at my own flank. Thank you."

She would move to hug Void if Void would allow it, and Void would feel a few tears on her coat from Toupé's eyes, "Sorry, I'm not used to... all this. We all had to work very hard to get anything before."

"It can be wherever you want it to be, honey."

She were surprised by the hug afterwards, but even before she felt the tear, she'd lean in, and gently embrace her little angel.

"It's okay honey, I understand. Having little doesn't make it easy to celebrate things. I've been there, and it is sometimes hard to even feel good, when you don't even know if there's food on the table tomorrow.

But you've been through enough. You deserve a home, peace, and unending, unconditional love. And I promise, I'll give everything I have, to make sure you get that."

She'd plant a kiss on Toupé's forehead, and then stroke her mane, much in the same way her own mother had done, when she were growing up.

Void always saw foals in her life, someday. First as friends, but as she grew older, she knew that someday, she wanted a family too. Something that Null encouraged, and promised her that someday, she'd get. Even if they had to walk to the ends of the earth to find it.

This were not how she imagined it would happen, but Void felt right now. This were her family, and it didn't matter to her, if some of them wandered to places far away, or got adopted away, by others who were eager to shower them with love and affection. They were, and always would be her children, and they'd always be welcome home with her.

The picture were not complete, but... If she were to do this alone, that would be okay. These foals were more important, than any stallion could ever be, and if that were an issue, they had no place in her life.

It struck her briefly, that she had given the same promise, that Null gave to her several times. Yet where her sisters had been said in desperation, anger, or as a way to stay sane, Void felt none of that. She felt only warmth in her chest, along with Toupé's tears, but she didn't mind. If she needed this, then she could continue, for as long as she needed it.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

On 2024-04-21 at 4:29 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Looked like it hurt a fair bit actually, but... It would be brief at least, even if she were being careful. Which she was. She didn't want Ardee to get hurt more, because of her.

Ardee, to her credit, didn't cry out at the pain, but Null could tell from how the rest of her muscles tensed that it really did hurt, Ardee had probably learned to keep quiet.

On 2024-04-21 at 4:29 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"...I'm sorry for underestimating you, Ardee. I wanted so badly to keep you out of danger, that I pushed you right into the middle of it. I just... I couldn't bare the thought of going back, and having to tell my sister, and your siblings, that you died, because I couldn't keep you safe. It'd shatter them."

Ardee took to gently petting the paper fox once her wings were set. She let out a sad sigh as she shook her head, "No, they're stronger than that, and they're used to it. After Ajay, Efs, Rare... we hardly even mourned Rare... And the others before them, I don't think they even remember the ones who didn't stick around while we were in the lab, they're used to the idea. Sure, they'd probably be sad, but they'd get over it."

She looked at Null, there weren't tears in her eyes, she was simply deeply tired, "I came out here to get away, my whole life I've been running away, trying to get out from under everyone else's expectations and plans for me. It wasn't until I was out there, with Basher, that I realized... If I just keep running, and don't figure out what I want, then I'm just going to end up somewhere I don't want to be. I need to figure out what this mark means, who I am, before I know what to do next."

She looked away, towards the outside, "Out there, fighting Basher, I had to prove to myself that I'm strong enough to stand alone. My whole life I've been defined by others..."

She sighed, "I'm tired of running, tired of fighting..."

(Void)

The others didn't exactly know what to do while Void and Toupé shared a moment, so they quietly tried to guess what might be under the cloth on the table.

Toupé would pull back after a bit, taking a few breaths to recompose herself, "Okay, what now? From what Mistress told us about parties, there are typically activities? But also she mentioned that all parties are different, to suit the occasion, so what happens at this party?"

The others seemed interested too, though Cherish might have some idea as to what Void had planned.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

The fox would appreciate the attention, but seriously, it wanted a pamphlet, and at this stage, it honestly believed it deserved it enough, for it to be fair if it just went out and stole it. After that, it would probably be fine and dandy, and ready for them to go and do stuff again. Potentially pick up the other feathers? probably wasn't a good idea to just leave them out there, no? They had seemed important at least, and considering how this one it had were making it a bit more peppy, it for once wouldn't mind getting them for itself, if no one else wanted them.

Null meanwhile, would listen in to what Ardee said, and noting the tired look on her face. It were annoyingly familiar to her sadly. That look, of someone who had been ground down and spat out, had spoken to her before, in mirrors she had gazed into. And in Ardee's case, it were warranted, considering the horrible hoof she'd been dealt, and what must be rummaging through her mind currently.

"I wish I had some spot on answer to this, Ardee, but I don't. What makes you happy, what brings you purpose- It's different for everyone.

For me it's always been taking care of my family. You had that same thing before, but now you're able to go out, and see the world for yourself. And doing that, making your own choice, it got you your mark. I dunno exactly what it is gonna mean to you, but I don't think you're gonna find out, by being coddled either. Nor by me telling you the best way of doing things. I'm just gonna give you my advice.

Come back home with us. Talk to your family, and Void. Try and see if they can offer you some advise, or maybe some idea on what to do. And then, if you feel it in your heart, that your fate's elsewhere, prepare yourself to travel, and then go out and find out how you belong. I don't think you should do so alone, but that's not for me to decide. Maybe that fox of yours will be enough, after you see if that kitsune can beef it up a little. Or heck, take him with you. He's unbiased, and said he were looking for a sign. But either way, you sound like you need time to think on this. Try doing it at home, with the ponies who love you. Trust me, I know how much it can help, to at least talk to them, about what weighs on you. Frankly if it weren't for mine, I'd probably have succeeded in killing myself."

She did not like to speak of this, and beyond those Void had mentioned it to, few were aware that she had tried to kill herself. Fewer still, that this wasn't the first time she had tried to either, but... She had to keep going, because of them, and while opening up and telling this to them were painful, it had been somewhat of a weight off of her shoulders, to finally get out of her system.

What Ardee went through, wasn't the same, but Null still thought she'd do well, having a chat with those who truly cared for her, and maybe see if they could help lift some of this, off of her shoulders.

"And you shouldn't underestimate how sad you'd make others, if you just ended up dead, Ardee. I've not been around the others young ponies much, but I do hear my sister talk about them, and of you especially. SHe's been going on about how proud she is of how you've done with the others, and what progress you've made too, pretty much since you arrived. She adores the others too, but she's been fawning about you a little more than the rest, and been worried, once she heard you wanted to go here, to New Las Pegasus. That's why I didn't want to go back, and tell her that I were too careless, and got you hurt. It'd absolutely crush her.

She might just seem like she takes care of you, and the others, Ardee, but my sister's become very attached to all of you, and cares for you like you were her own. But she isn't me. She'd understand there were a time to leave the nest, and try to encourage you to do what you thought were best, long as you tries to prepare yourself first."

She'd let out a sigh, and shake her head a little.

"I'm not the emotional talker. That's more her thing. I just think that at the very least, you should go and tell them what you're thinking about. You might find that it'd help. Sides, they'd probably want to see your new cutie mark too. Considering what you've said about you folks and marks, I'm thinking it'd do them good to know that their futures aren't set in stone."

===========================================================

(Void)

While she did enjoy her together time like this, it were time to move on. They had some festivities to get to, and more stuff to prepare. Or rather, to show off. Hopefully they'd enjoy what she had prepared. Toupé especially, as this were her party after all, even if that would hopefully not mean the others felt outside.

"Well, I have some games prepared, there's the gift giving too, and a song, of course. But maybe I should start by revealing the table first."

She'd go over and take off the cover, showing a fully prepared table. Biscuits and nutrient bars stacked up, glasses and plates neatly prepared at various spots - though she'd need to add one more now of course - home made buns in a bowl, a jar of something dark colored, jam, and some of their various toppings that they'd used before. There were also a can of water, and a spot for something else. And of course, a well packaged gift, wrapped in as colorful wrapping as she could find, around a fitting box. It would be able to hold the thing she had brought along, as the gift for Toupé. There were of course also some cut strawberries, to the little fruit lovers in the crowd. She had expected to need to use more as a distraction, but it had turned out the balloon did well there, so the bowl had a good top to it.

"There we go. There's a proper dinner for later too of course, and I have made sure to make some of the juice too, as well as soda, so you can decide if you want it bubbly or not. There's also cake, but that's after the buns. I wanted to keep it a bit more chilled, and also just, not getting smushed by the covering.

Ah yes, and the jar over there, it's a bit of melty chocolate spread, Troy style."

Troy style meant that it were a bit more bitter and fluid than the regular variety, but she had done what she could to cover the bitterness with a hint of strawberries, and she personally thought it added a bit of niceness to it. Since she didn't have optimal ingredients to work with out here, she'd do her best with what she did have. A very Troy thing to do, far as she were concerned. A fair bit of recipes that came by from the need to innovate, with usually subpar materials.

"What do you think, Toupé? It's a nice start, right? And don't worry, you will get to open your gift. Just wait for everyone to be seated first."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

Ardee listed to everything that Null said without interrupting. At the end she sighed but nodded, "That... that's what I was thinking, more or less. I need to think about what I do, and not just run away from what I don't want."

She turned her attention to the paper fox, sensing it's disquieted state, "What's wrong? You need something?"

She tried to remember if the kitsune had said anything about caring for it. but she was drawing a blank after everything that had happened. "Are you hungry? Do paper foxes get hungry? What would I even feed you?"

She was more or less talking to herself as she knew the paper fox wasn't going to just tell her what it needed, much like a foal.

After feeding it was sorted, Arcade would return with news as to the availability of food. If he were allowed to bring food with him from the buffet he'd arrive with an assortment to share. Otherwise he would just have information as to where the food was.

(Void)

Those gathered looked impressed by all the food that was presented to them, outside of rare occasions in the facility this was the most food they had ever seen in one place. This on top of the special food they had had for lunch and the dinner yet to come as Void mentioned.

Teal was the one to ask, "Are more ponies coming? This seems like a lot of food for just us."

"Well there's at least one more." Vale said as she entered the room, she was looking well groomed and had a gift of her own on her back, though her mechanical eye and the small gold plates on her forehead were still quite visible. This was normal for the young ponies but Cherish had likely never seen her before, and her presence did not go unnoticed, "Ah, two more I guess? Is this a friend from school?"

The young ponies nodded as Vale approached, "Greetings, I'm Vale, I help Void take care of these young ponies, what's your name?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 2024-04-30 at 10:53 PM, Illiad Easle said:

She tried to remember if the kitsune had said anything about caring for it. but she was drawing a blank after everything that had happened. "Are you hungry? Do paper foxes get hungry? What would I even feed you?"

She was more or less talking to herself as she knew the paper fox wasn't going to just tell her what it needed, much like a foal.

The fox would bounce around on her, then when that didn't seem to answer anything, it would act on what she said. Maybe it could get through what she said, if it gave her some pointers, via a visual?

So when she said if it wanted to eat, it would jump unto the bed, looking right at her, and nodded three times, tail swaying slowly behind it. Yet she seemed to have no idea after that, so it would try something else, and get on its hind legs, then try to use its legs to make charades. In the first place, making indicating an outline, of a long rectangle.

"I was never good at this... Let's try this. You want something that's rectangular?"

The fox nodded, then turned around, and waved its tail, making the vague sound of paper flapping.

"...A tail? Fur?"

The fox shook its head, then grumbled, unfolded, and flapped on the table for a few seconds, before gathering up again, folding as it were, around the tail, that would fold further into the way it was made, making a sort of *spine* and *tail bone* in its structure. If it were a long feather, it would poke out the tip of its tail.

"Okay, so something with paper, that's rectangular?"

It would vigorously nod, then look around, and eventually see a picture on the wall, then point at it, before looking back expectingly. Which were odd that she could tell that it were, despite its eyes literally just being two written on lines.

"You want to eat a painting?"

It would shake again, then up on its hind legs again, and spread its front legs out wide, then begin to slowly push them together, indicating something that was smaller.

"...A poster?"

It would shake again, and keep showing the shrinking motion.

"I dunno. A pamphlet?"

Hearing that, it would get back on all four legs, and bounce up and down, nodding vigorously.

"Okay, weird, but... Let's see what we can find."

She'd rummage around, looking in the little bed side table, and would eventually pull a pamphlet out, that seemed to be for the hotel. Showing the buffet, some slots, the roulette, and stuff like that. She'd fold it out and put it down in front of the paper fox. It would instantly go over, and start chomping down, eating the letters, but it was ore than last time. This time, it would also press its face deep into the pictures, and the pictures would drain from it, and go on it, giving its outside some color, as pictures of food would spread across its surface, and the roulette would be the last part, giving it a pattern that it enjoyed. A lot more interesting to it, than its base color, and it was rather tasty too, making it feel all spry and ready for stuff. It would go off eventually, but the colors were more enjoyable to it, than just the plain, even color it had before. The face would still be clearly visible though, as it had kept a paler color there. Which were granted, the picture of potato mush, but it still counted.

On 2024-04-30 at 10:53 PM, Illiad Easle said:

After feeding it was sorted, Arcade would return with news as to the availability of food. If he were allowed to bring food with him from the buffet he'd arrive with an assortment to share. Otherwise he would just have information as to where the food was.

The place had a morning buffet, just as it had a midday, and evening buffet. It were simpler and cheaper than room service, though you could do that too, if you wanted to spare the expense to eat in private. But it'd do them good to actually move their legs, so going there and purchase three plates, would be cheaper, and simpler. And they wouldn't even be accosted by any kitsune this time! Though they would be able to find the little paper fox's creator there, currently stacking a couple of breakfast burritos on his rather filled plate. He seemed to have a varied taste, between greens, eggs, meat, and more eggs.

Kozue hadn't taken notice of them yet though, being more focused on his food.

==================================================================================

(Void)

Cherish would go straight over and look up at Vale, surprised at the metallic parts, but it were a brief look of confusion, before she'd send up a cute smile towards the deer.

"Hello, Miss Vale. My name's Cherish Sky. I go to school with Toupé and the others, and she was nice and said it was okay for me to come to her party. It's very nice to meet you."

This were a bit more severe than she had seen others have before, but both before coming to town, and then after, when she saw some of the clients that came to talk to her mom, she had to see various degrees of damaged beings, fixed up in some ways. This were not like anything she had seen proper. Way more mechanical, and looked a lot more well done, than she were used to these repairs being made too, but it were still something she identified as being one of the unfortunate beings, who had gotten hurt, that someone nice had helped put back together.

And like with most of them, she weren't gonna mention it. She could understand not wanting to be confronted with these sorts of things, as it could bring up some bad memories. She had that sort too, and could sympathize with that. Besides, it didn't seem nice. Kinda like pointing out to someone that they had a big mole.

"And it's good to have you here, Cherish.

Now before we have a seat, I just want to answer your question, Teal: This is meant for us, and what we can't eat, will be put into some boxes in the cooler, and we'll eat it over the next few days. It's a bit much maybe, but this is your party, and I wanted to make sure that there were enough for everyone.

But first, you need to decide on if you want us to have something to eat first, Toupé, or if you want your presents first? I figure it is best if we get something to eat first, but it's your party, so I think it is okay that you get to chose."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

The face would still be clearly visible though, as it had kept a paler color there. Which were granted, the picture of potato mush, but it still counted.

Ardee watched with curiosity, wondering how this would give it energy, but figured it wasn't the strangest thing, considering what she had heard about from Arcade. "Alright, do you need more of these? Should I be carrying them around for you? How often do you need to eat these?"

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Kozue hadn't taken notice of them yet though, being more focused on his food.

Ardee would take the moment to approach, despite her hunger. There was a bit of nervous energy to her as she did, "Um, excuse me, you're the one that made the paper fox for me right? I was wondering if you could help with something?"

She would retrieve the feather from the fox to show it to the kitsune, "I was wondering if it could be given wings? Maybe not to fly, but at least to glide, and I think this might help?"

The kitsune would likely have seen this sort of metal before, or at least heard of it, and even if he hadn't, he'd be able to feel its power just by holding it.

Minostralium was known for a few effects, when nearby it lowered the cost of magic by making the magical field more flexible, and doing much of the work to pull down the field. This effect was amplified when plated on or over a magical node, like a hoof, wing, or horn, and could be used to make runes or enchantments that never needed recharging.

It had some extra special effects if added to the bloodstream, but those were known only to the members of BLU team, Vale, the O5 Council, and Celestia.

The feather itself wasn't strictly necessary, and the metal itself was soft enough to change the shape without heat, and could be magically molded without much effort.

(Void)

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Hello, Miss Vale. My name's Cherish Sky. I go to school with Toupé and the others, and she was nice and said it was okay for me to come to her party. It's very nice to meet you."

Cherish's curiosity did not go unnoticed by Vale, but she was pleasantly surprised when Cherish didn't ask about them. She returned the smile with a cervine bow, ducking her head down nearly to the ground for but a moment before continuing, "It's nice to meet you too, I hope you're the first of many friends they'll make."

Now before we have a seat, I just want to answer your question, Teal: This is meant for us, and what we can't eat, will be put into some boxes in the cooler, and we'll eat it over the next few days. It's a bit much maybe, but this is your party, and I wanted to make sure that there were enough for everyone.

Toupé and the others nodded at that, inwardly looking forward to the promise of getting to have this good food for several days in the future.

ut first, you need to decide on if you want us to have something to eat first, Toupé, or if you want your presents first? I figure it is best if we get something to eat first, but it's your party, so I think it is okay that you get to chose."

Toupé looked surprised at the question as she was halfway into her seat by the time Void asked, "Um, well, I've already opened one gift, so I think it makes sense that we all eat before I open more? I wouldn't want you all to have to wait for me if we're all hungry."

The rest followed Toupé's lead in getting seated, Vale taking care of bringing over the necessary additional supplies for her and Cherish to join the table, before they looked towards Void for directions to proceed.

Assuming Void told them to take what they wanted, the young ponies would set about evenly distributing a portion of the food to everyone, with smaller portions to the foals, ensuring that everyone was served before they started eating.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 2024-05-03 at 6:32 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Ardee watched with curiosity, wondering how this would give it energy, but figured it wasn't the strangest thing, considering what she had heard about from Arcade. "Alright, do you need more of these? Should I be carrying them around for you? How often do you need to eat these?"

It would nod enthusiastically, at the question if she should carry more of these, but it didn't say anything about whatever or not it needed these, or how often. In large parts because it couldn't really talk. It could make some sounds, but full on speech were beyond its simple design.

"Just take a few, and see when it starts to get needy. Maybe it's related to when all that coloring goes off or something, I dunno. Kitsune are some peculiar creatures, so what they make are bound to be quirky too. You're best off asking the guy who made it, if you want some answers. After breakfast. I think at this point, we deserve something to eat."

Ardee would take the moment to approach, despite her hunger. There was a bit of nervous energy to her as she did, "Um, excuse me, you're the one that made the paper fox for me right? I was wondering if you could help with something?"

She would retrieve the feather from the fox to show it to the kitsune, "I was wondering if it could be given wings? Maybe not to fly, but at least to glide, and I think this might help?"

The kitsune would likely have seen this sort of metal before, or at least heard of it, and even if he hadn't, he'd be able to feel its power just by holding it.

Kozue would turn his head as he heard that someone were speaking to him, and were met with some familiar faces, that got a bit of a grin on his face.

"Heeey. If it ain't my most recurring fans. And I see you still have your little friend, that's good. And it's been eating good it seems, heh."

The little paper fox would jump up and down, to get his attention, and then when it had it, would prance around, showing off its new colorations. Something that earned it a scratching under the chin.

"Awh, ain't it precious? Lemme just put down my plate before I start dropping stuff, and we'll have a looksie, alright?"

He'd lead them to a currently free table, and put his plate down on it. They could come here and eat with him too if they wanted. He wouldn't mind the company honestly, but he should probably have a look and answer the mare first, despite him really wanting to chow down. Better chance of 'em being all friendly like after that, yeah?

"So, flying. Possible, but I'd have to reform it a fair bit. Wings means the design has to change, and it's mostly just be like, a slow decline, and some floating. Paper's not the best to actually fly with, so it tends to require some specific magic to get done, and I ain't sure if I can do that entirely right. Not without some sorta focus or something.

And the feather's nice, but one feather doesn't make for a good set of wi- ...What the?"

He'd have gotten close enough to nearly touch the feather, but would suddenly retract his paw, as if he had been shocked. Curiously, he'd reach forward again, and actually take hold of the feather, working as gently as he could. And now, he looked utterly flabbergasted.

"...Back where I'm from, the elders gets a trinket, made out of this. It's passed along, from elder to elder, shaped differently each time, to fit the one its going to. A tradition dating all the way back to Riha Leng-Zhou. They're important to our culture, and I... I didn't think I'd see this stuff again. Especially not like this."

Nostalgia and some dread hit him hard, as he recalled the times the elders had come around, showing their trinkets. There weren't a ton of this metal to work with for them, but there had been enough found by one of their ancestors, to make a staff out of, as she took leadership of the scattered groups of kitsune, and led them towards a brighter tomorrow. One were they were less forest savages, tricking and living carefree, and towards their culture as it slowly but surely, sprung up around them.

Not many days before her death, the staff were broken up into seven parts, and remade into trinkets, that she gave to each of the seven elders, that were to take her place. They in turn would pass it on to whomever would take over from them, and so it had been for centuries.

This were not the same. It lacked something. A feeling of spiritual weight to it, he supposed it were? Whatever the case, this were not part of the seven trinkets, but he were still surprised by seeing this kind of metal again. And to think that he now held something like this in his paw...

"...Sorry, sorry, I uh... We have something like this at home. Or we did anyway. It signified leadership for us, and now this... It wakes some memories. Some feelings of purpose too. Makes me think maybe this here's the sign I've been waiting for? I'll have to ponder that.

But yeah, I can work something with this, and your little one. Something that'll make it able to fly proper even. But I'll need more paper, of the same sort I made it from. We'll have to go to the theater for that. Trying to add on with different paper, can make it unstable.

Would you mind sitting and eating first though? Pease? I'm very curious how you found this, and why its a feather, of all things. Does this carry some spiritual value in some way?"

The lust to wander were rising in him now, that were certain, but... he needed to think, if this were the sign he had waited for. The one that told him to head towards home, and see what were left of it, and maybe find others of his kin, so they could begin to rebuild. New Las Pegasus were nice and all, but... Home were not just a place to rest, and perform. To the kitsune, home had deep spiritual and traditional roots too, that couldn't simply be relocated out of nowhere.

==================================================================================

(Void)

Cherish's curiosity did not go unnoticed by Vale, but she was pleasantly surprised when Cherish didn't ask about them. She returned the smile with a cervine bow, ducking her head down nearly to the ground for but a moment before continuing, "It's nice to meet you too, I hope you're the first of many friends they'll make."

"I hope so too, Miss Vale. There's a couple more in class that I hope would want to socialize soon. Same with my friend Crow, but she's shy. It'll take time."

Scared more like, but at times, it seemed like shy would fit the dragon too, when it came to dealing with other creatures. But she had gotten in to the school once, and said hello. That were progress! Maybe someday, she'd come around and hang out with Toupé and the others too, which were a hope she shared for Lilac and Nova too, but that were somewhere in the future, hopefully. She'd love hanging out with them too.

Since it sounded like food were first on the agenda, Void would welcome them all to sit at the table, with her finding another chair and plate for Cherish. She hadn't expected the new friend, but it were very nice to see that she had come along. The young ponies would do well with socializing a little outside of school, or their usual group. And they had picked a good one too it seemed. Cherish appeared to be a very polite filly.

When all were sat at the table, Void would go to the fridge, and pull out some cooled water, as well as a can of soda with bubbles, and one that were more juice, as it didn't have that. She had picked what flavors that Toupé and the others had seemed to like well the last time, so it would hopefully be good for everyone.

She'd also go over and show a jar to Elef, popping off the lid to show him what seemed like some rather bloody chunks of meat in there, albeit briefly.

"I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten, and I got a recipe for it, that I think you'll like."

She were worried that Elef might feel a bit down, by there not being a meat product on the table, so she wanted to give him something to look forward to. She had found someone who sold in rather fresh meat. So fresh it had still been wriggling when she had shown up in fact, but that just meant it were fresh. She hoped it would be more towards his taste, as she were trying her best to accommodate him, without bringing something live on the table, for him to chow down on. That would be a bit too gory for the others, in her opinion.

After this, she'd put the jar in the kitchen cabinet, and get over to the table herself.

"Now then, please eat everyone. There's plenty to go around."

Certain someone's would likely prefer to just have a go at those strawberries, but she would encourage them to give Peal and Piecey more things too, to expand their palate a little. It weren't healthy to just live of the same thing all the time. Variety would be good for them, and she hoped some of the other things would fall in their taste too. The buns for instance, weren't sour bread, but nice and fluffy, made out of the closest thing Troy had to accessible wheat, and baked with love. According to her mother, back when Void grew up, love were the most important ingredient in any dish. Which honestly might have just been an excuse, to not tell Void exactly why her food always tasted better, but Void would still go by the concept she had been presented with.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"So, flying. Possible, but I'd have to reform it a fair bit. Wings means the design has to change, and it's mostly just be like, a slow decline, and some floating. Paper's not the best to actually fly with, so it tends to require some specific magic to get done, and I ain't sure if I can do that entirely right. Not without some sorta focus or something.

Ardee nodded, "Gliding would be perfect, I don't fly much myself, but it would help if it could keep up when I do, or better direct arrows if we do a repeat of last night."

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

He'd have gotten close enough to nearly touch the feather, but would suddenly retract his paw, as if he had been shocked. Curiously, he'd reach forward again, and actually take hold of the feather, working as gently as he could. And now, he looked utterly flabbergasted.

"...Back where I'm from, the elders gets a trinket, made out of this. It's passed along, from elder to elder, shaped differently each time, to fit the one its going to. A tradition dating all the way back to Riha Leng-Zhou. They're important to our culture, and I... I didn't think I'd see this stuff again. Especially not like this."

Ardee stepped back at the kitsune's initial reaction to it, and was still hesitant as he explained, but relaxed a bit.

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

This were not the same. It lacked something. A feeling of spiritual weight to it, he supposed it were? Whatever the case, this were not part of the seven trinkets, but he were still surprised by seeing this kind of metal again. And to think that he now held something like this in his paw...

"...Sorry, sorry, I uh... We have something like this at home. Or we did anyway. It signified leadership for us, and now this... It wakes some memories. Some feelings of purpose too. Makes me think maybe this here's the sign I've been waiting for? I'll have to ponder that.

But yeah, I can work something with this, and your little one. Something that'll make it able to fly proper even. But I'll need more paper, of the same sort I made it from. We'll have to go to the theater for that. Trying to add on with different paper, can make it unstable.

Would you mind sitting and eating first though? Pease? I'm very curious how you found this, and why its a feather, of all things. Does this carry some spiritual value in some way?

Arcade and Ardee had no qualms with joining his table, though Ardee was a bit unsure how to explain that she had stolen it to one who seemed to give it a lot of value.

"Well, um, I got it from a pony that Null and I were fighting. I think his name was Basher? I'm told he wasn't a very good pony, and he tried to foalnap me. I think there are two other feathers like this outside of town? He was missing them after I had the paper fox help me shoot him with my bow."

She sighed, remembering that her bow had broken in that fight, and that they had left it out there too. "I don't think they were particularly important to him though, he seemed more annoyed than angry when I took them. And they seemed to be giving him power? He looked younger when he had them."

She motioned over to Null, "She's also got a few in her wing. I didn't have a normal pegasus upbringing, so I don't know if it's some racial thing or not. I never thought to ask."

She raised an eyebrow at Null, as did Arcade. Neither of them thought she was hiding something, and Ardee seemed to clearly believe that there wasn't much special to them beyond their effects, but they were curious as to what Null would say.

Null of course had gotten her plated feathers from the exact same source, and in much the same way, taking them from Basher after fighting him at the gates of Tartarus. The two she had recovered being integrated into her prosthetic wing to boost her ability to control it before the curse was lifted. Now? Well, they made flying easier given the difference in muscle development on that side. Maybe she would have to recharge her wing without them? (Up to you what Null thinks about it, or if she even remembers that she's had them this whole time.)

(Void)

"I hope so too, Miss Vale. There's a couple more in class that I hope would want to socialize soon. Same with my friend Crow, but she's shy. It'll take time."

Scared more like, but at times, it seemed like shy would fit the dragon too, when it came to dealing with other creatures. But she had gotten in to the school once, and said hello. That were progress! Maybe someday, she'd come around and hang out with Toupé and the others too, which were a hope she shared for Lilac and Nova too, but that were somewhere in the future, hopefully. She'd love hanging out with them too.

Vale smiled, but there was a bit of sadness to it, "Well, they've all had some challenges getting here, but I think with kindness they'll come around one of these days. There's no need to rush friendship after all."

well as a can of soda with bubbles, and one that were more juice,

(They would more likely be glass bottles rather than cans, as glass is far more plentiful here than aluminum, but that's minor)

She'd also go over and show a jar to Elef, popping off the lid to show him what seemed like some rather bloody chunks of meat in there, albeit briefly.

"I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten, and I got a recipe for it, that I think you'll like."

Elef was surprised, but smiled, "Thank you, can I save it for later though? I don't want to make the others uncomfortable..."

That seemed to have been Void's plan anyway, which Elef appreciated.

"Now then, please eat everyone. There's plenty to go around."

Certain someone's would likely prefer to just have a go at those strawberries, but she would encourage them to give Peal and Piecey more things too, to expand their palate a little. It weren't healthy to just live of the same thing all the time. Variety would be good for them, and she hoped some of the other things would fall in their taste too. The buns for instance, weren't sour bread, but nice and fluffy, made out of the closest thing Troy had to accessible wheat, and baked with love. According to her mother, back when Void grew up, love were the most important ingredient in any dish. Which honestly might have just been an excuse, to not tell Void exactly why her food always tasted better, but Void would still go by the concept she had been presented with.

Teal and Toupé were on top of helping the foals, and did make sure to have them at least try more than just the fruit. Piecey really seeming to enjoy the buns, while Peal seemed to like the chocolate, especially when mixed with the strawberries.

That being said, they were all fairly quiet while eating, which they always had been, but they had never been to a party before, and didn't know that party meals generally had conversation.

Vale would break the silence as she asked, "So, have you put some thought as to your name? Did Void tell you about it?"

Toupé nodded, "She did, and I have, but I'm not sure yet."

The other two looked slightly confused (I can't remember if we told them yet about the name thing, or if Toupé was told privately away from the others. If the other two were told then skip this.)

Teal asked, "Your name?"

Toupé answered, "Apparently it's customary after you get your mark to consider changing your name, in case your name doesn't match what you want to do. Apparently you can pick just about anything, but I want it to have some meaning. I want to honor Mistress somehow, but I'm not sure what name to pick just yet."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 2024-05-08 at 4:10 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Well, um, I got it from a pony that Null and I were fighting. I think his name was Basher? I'm told he wasn't a very good pony, and he tried to foalnap me. I think there are two other feathers like this outside of town? He was missing them after I had the paper fox help me shoot him with my bow."

"More of these? Say, you know where they are lil' one?"

The paper fox would nod, making the kitsune's eyes almost glitter with excitement.

"Oh, we definitely have to go and get hold of those. Another one to reinforce the construction would be good, and well, if you don't need the second one, I can always find a use."

Technically it'd be more like, he would use a feather and a half, and then keep the rest for maybe a trinket. It wasn't the same as what they had at home, but it could still be good for his travels, and showing something to gather others of his kin around, if he managed to find more of them.

Heh, he started to sound like an elder. Silly, huh? Or well, technically a Zhia Hauchi. Or Fledgling Elder, as outsiders tended to call it. A rare title bestowed when a village had lost their elder, without a named successor. Normally when it happened, another elder in the community would step up, then get properly educated by the elders from their main village and then the cycle would continue again. Yet sometimes, the elderly in the town were not up to it, and instead a younger members would rise up and take charge, keeping everything going once again. Those were the Zhia Hauchi, and if the main elders would judge you were doing this for the right reasons, they would support and educate you, leaving you to be an elder in all but name. You would lack the knowledge of age, but with proper support, it would leave you to be a good leader all the same of your community.

Technically, if he took charge, that would be his title, huh? But then, that was unlikely. He were sure there were if not one of the former elders, then another of the ones up in age out there, ready to take charge. But he might get a cozy position in the elders domicile, if he helped to gather enough of his kin.

She sighed, remembering that her bow had broken in that fight, and that they had left it out there too. "I don't think they were particularly important to him though, he seemed more annoyed than angry when I took them. And they seemed to be giving him power? He looked younger when he had them."

She motioned over to Null, "She's also got a few in her wing. I didn't have a normal pegasus upbringing, so I don't know if it's some racial thing or not. I never thought to ask."

Null would look around, at the questioning eyes, then flew her false wing to show off things proper.

"I weren't born with this sorta thing, or got it for cultural reasons. I got my wing amputated when I was six, and it was only a few months ago I got a replacement. These things were used to help me fly again."

"So you were grounded for what, decades? I hear that stuff can really mess with the head of pegasi. You have my condolences."

"You have no idea..."

She'd grumble, and take a celery stick from her plate to chew on. A few... Annoying memories one could say, were rearing their ugly heads, and she needed something to distract herself with. Food were the readily available option.

"Well, whoever made you the new one, is a pretty nice being. Respect to them for the work.

As for the one those other feathers got shot from... You said Basher, yeah? I heard some things, that makes me think it weren't exactly uncalled for, that he got a bit of karma his way. Not that I looked for it, but there's a lot of beings that goes through this place, and my ears catches a lot of talk. A few snippets here and there, gives an impression of certain beings. Though I hear a lot more about that Ninja Briar fellow. Oof. Not the sort you'd want to meet in a dark alley."

He'd take some of the fish on his plate, and chew it down, enjoying the savory taste. Even without dipping it in sauce first, it were still some fairly good quality food. He'd miss that when he'd leave, but then, everything was better than cave bugs and glowing mushrooms. It'd be fine.

"Ah, that was nice. And those feathers you say, made Basher look younger? That fits what I've seen. The main elders where I'm from, that had their trinkets of this material, did tend to last quite a few years extra than normal, and look well up in their age. I always assumed it were the spirits who smiled kindly upon them, but then, this metal... Yeah, I could see that. It's certainly powerful. Doesn't have the spiritual energy to it tat I've seen before though, but hey, not been used and reforged for generations on end, among those of us with a highly spiritual sort of culture, yeah?"

He'd twirl the feather between his fingers, feeling the peculiar energy. What wonders one could do, if they had enough of this... Seemed like it could be dangerous honestly, but any weapon were, if wielded by a dark mind.

"Anything else peculiar happened since last I saw you?"

It were a chance for them to inquire about the other kitsune if they wanted. Perhaps he knew something?

====================================================================================

(Void)

Vale smiled, but there was a bit of sadness to it, "Well, they've all had some challenges getting here, but I think with kindness they'll come around one of these days. There's no need to rush friendship after all."

"Everything good takes time, yes? I'm gonna keep being nice, and hope we'll all be able to do stuff together someday. I think Lilac would enjoy that. Maybe Nova too, when he knows he can trust us."

She didn't blame him for being overly protective. bad stuff had clearly happened, and he were just trying to keep his sister safe. It was admirable. But she did hope he'd eventually see that it were safe and nice to hang out with the rest of them, and that they didn't want to do anything to Lilac. It'd probably take even longer until he'd like to not keep her under constant observation, but that was okay. Small steps, yes? That's what sooth had said to her at the beginning, and she had proven that patience went a long way.

(They would more likely be glass bottles rather than cans, as glass is far more plentiful here than aluminum, but that's minor)

(It was meant like, normal serving cans. Glass ones, like you said. Just can't remember proper English word for them.)

Elef was surprised, but smiled, "Thank you, can I save it for later though? I don't want to make the others uncomfortable..."

That seemed to have been Void's plan anyway, which Elef appreciated.

"I'm thinking it's something we can incorporate into your dinner."

She'd like for him to join her if it were, so he could try and have an influence, on how they did this. But she had a recipe to follow herself if it were. Something she'd picked up from a rather torn up book, but it had enough remaining pages to give a few recipes still. If she followed that properly, it should make for a good meal for him, that wasn't too graphic for the others.

Toupé answered, "Apparently it's customary after you get your mark to consider changing your name, in case your name doesn't match what you want to do. Apparently you can pick just about anything, but I want it to have some meaning. I want to honor Mistress somehow, but I'm not sure what name to pick just yet."

Void had mostly been eating a few fruit bits, that she added on top of a bun to eat. A simple treat, but she enjoyed the savory with the sweet. Chocolate were on the other half of said bun. Not something she got often, but she considered it to be a nice little treat to have on occasion. And it were a special day after all, so what better occasion were there?

She'd be through half of her fruity bun, when the question had been brought up. She had gone and made sure that they all had stuff in their cups, and helped if they needed something, so she wouldn't eat that fast. And she liked to savor this. It had been a while since she had properly baked buns.

"That's a sweet gesture, Toupé. I can see why that would take some time to think over, but I'm looking forward to hearing what you've come up with."

"I knew someone who changed their name from Bubble Heart, when he got his mark. It was of a cactus, so he wanted to be named Prickly Pete. He was a fun colt."

Her face would falter for a moment, as the vague shadow of a memory she had, would pass her face. Something that almost made her feel as if she could smell the burning... But she managed to snap out of it, before it got too visual. The festivities around her certainly helped on things. Easier to get distracted from the memories of what happened, when there were life and sound around her. She didn't want to be a downer here after all. This were a party!

So she'd brighten up quickly again, and talk some more about things.

"I didn't change mine when I got my cutie mark. I think it suits me, but I think you'd do good with a smart name, Toupé. I can't wait to hear what you'll chose for your new name."

It was nice with all this traditional stuff. Cutie mark gaining, the after party, name changes- It was a nice, familiar set of things. And she really did look forward to seeing what her new friend would pick for a name. Her current one made her sound like a mane dresser, which wasn't bad either, but she would fit a smart sounding name really good.

She were curious who this Mistress were, but it were probably someone not here, and she reeeeeally didn't want to be a downer here. And it might be super personal. Maybe when they were closer friends, it'd be okay to ask.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

On 2024-05-11 at 4:12 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Oh, we definitely have to go and get hold of those. Another one to reinforce the construction would be good, and well, if you don't need the second one, I can always find a use."

Ardee didn't look too sure, more that she was worried that she was being offered a bad deal. "Um, while I'm not too familiar with how this all works, I do get the impression, from you, Basher, and Null, that this stuff is very valuable. I'm not saying you don't deserve something, but this seems like a deal that favors you more than me."

She wasn't entirely sure of that though, and would look to Null and Arcade, "What do you think?"

Arcade was similarly unsure, looking between those gathered, "Is there a set value to this? It's not that we don't trust you, but our ignorance is apparent, and we don't want to be taken advantage of."

He looked to Null, "Maybe one of the changelings could give a proper valuation? Or the Trojans? Or your sister?"

"Anything else peculiar happened since last I saw you?"

Ardee nodded, "In my room, before Basher took me, a kitsune broke in and was doing something strange on the wall. I didn't see exactly what as I ran away, but I heard the staff here are investigating it? I don't think it was you, since the paper fox didn't seem to recognize them."

(Void)

(It was meant like, normal serving cans. Glass ones, like you said. Just can't remember proper English word for them.)

(I wondered why you said a can of water earlier, I think bottle is the word your looking for.)

"I didn't change mine when I got my cutie mark. I think it suits me, but I think you'd do good with a smart name, Toupé. I can't wait to hear what you'll chose for your new name."

Toupé brought out her tattered notebook, turning to the page where she had the names she was looking at, nearly at the end of the notebook.

"Well, I've got two names I've been thinking about, um...."

She hesitated, actually blushing a bit, which was something that Void wasn't sure she had seen the filly do before.

Teal and Elef looked interested in what she had planned, and were confused by Toupé's hesitation. 

Toupé steeled herself and tried again, "Um... well, I guess that answers that..."

She took a deep breath, before nodding to herself, "I was going to ask for thoughts, but I got my answer just trying to say them out loud. I was down to two, Perceptive Powers, and Gemini Pi, but this is the first time I've said them out loud, and the thought of saying the first one..."

She shook her head.

"And I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by a name I chose for myself. So I think I'd like my name to be Gemini Pi." She smiled a bit, nodding to herself as she looked for the others' reactions.

Teal looked surprised, but in a good way, "So you get part of Mistress's name in yours? It looks like you were trying in both cases," she turned to Void and Vale, "Is that allowed?"

Toupé added, "That's what Miss Void told me, I thought it would be a good way to honor her and everything she did for us. And using Gemini feels more right than Powers."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 2024-05-13 at 11:05 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Ardee didn't look too sure, more that she was worried that she was being offered a bad deal. "Um, while I'm not too familiar with how this all works, I do get the impression, from you, Basher, and Null, that this stuff is very valuable. I'm not saying you don't deserve something, but this seems like a deal that favors you more than me."

She wasn't entirely sure of that though, and would look to Null and Arcade, "What do you think?"

Arcade was similarly unsure, looking between those gathered, "Is there a set value to this? It's not that we don't trust you, but our ignorance is apparent, and we don't want to be taken advantage of."

He looked to Null, "Maybe one of the changelings could give a proper valuation? Or the Trojans? Or your sister?"

"Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I was gonna stiff you on this. I got stuff and coin gathered up from my time here, that I can use to try and get a deal going. I just meant like, if you weren't gonna use it, I'd like to take it off your hooves. Y'know, with a fair deal. Though honestly, I dunno how much this stuff is worth at all. I know what the trinkets my kin held of this, holds significant cultural and spiritual value, but if we just think this metal as it is, plainly? I'm assuming it ain't the cheapest, but your guess is as good as mine beyond that."

He might be a trickster by nature, but that didn't mean he were a conman. He weren't like Pip and his companion, that would definitely con them all if they got the slightest option to do so. He could play fair, though he would still haggle about it. Y'know, he were still helping her, that got to be a bargaining chip he could use to get a fair deal on what he assumed might be some expensive stuff.

"I can't say I'm sure either. But the consul and Serena were talking about it a few time. I get the feeling they know the worth, but you'd have to go to Troy and talk to them about that."

"Sure, we can do that. But as your boy there says, maybe the changelings knows too. We should probably ask their queen about it. She'd be able to find out, if anyone has an idea among the ranks.

That said... This town's got some rough folks, and the walls got ears. Something valuable, they might try and muscle in on it, and just take it. Could e it'd be safer to just go to Troy and get it sorted, but I'll let you folks decide on it. I can get some time off sorted, if you'd feel it best we did it like this.

That said, maybe we should go and find them too, after we've eaten? Ain't much of a point in discussing it, if it turns out you don't have them anymore in the first place, right?"

Hard to barter with a ware you didn't have anymore, so yeah, getting the goods before they started to barter too much, would probably be a good idea. But the fox could not get them, as they were too stuck. It needed someone with more physical strength. Best it had been able to do on short notice, were to burry them.

Ardee nodded, "In my room, before Basher took me, a kitsune broke in and was doing something strange on the wall. I didn't see exactly what as I ran away, but I heard the staff here are investigating it? I don't think it was you, since the paper fox didn't seem to recognize them."

Kozue raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Another kitsune... Here? I've not been told about that, and no one's approached me. And it definitely wasn't me. I had shows going quite a bit since the last time you ran into me, and I don't break into others rooms. I'd end up getting kicked out and that'd suck. The theater here is top notch.

Maybe after we get hold of those feathers, we can have a look. Maybe I can sniff something out, or get a feel for what whoever it were, might have done there.

It's just weird y'know? Kitsune, we got some loners here and there sure, but we're a communal species. We thrive on living closely in villages, and especially after the last few years, any of us should be yearning to find another to talk to. You'd think whoever this were, would be lined up at the theater, the second he heard a kitsune were performing here.

Are you sure it was a kitsune?"

The little paper fox at the least, would nod at this, and honestly, it would know. They too, but like... He knew this one hadn't a reason to lie about it, or had sleepy eyes, that didn't notice things properly.

"I'll definitely need to inquire around. Something's not right with that."

"Nothing to be done about that yet. Let's just eat, gather up, and then get on with it. I get the feeling that today's gonna be a long day."

"I bet. I only know a few things I'm involved with, and you probably have other things to check out, and then a trip to the governing office to sort out a name change. That cutie mark weren't there when last I saw you, and I know you ponies like switching it up, when you get your marks.

Congratulations by the way. Almost forgot saying that."

(Void)

(I wondered why you said a can of water earlier, I think bottle is the word your looking for.)

Pasabahce Timeless kande

"And I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by a name I chose for myself. So I think I'd like my name to be Gemini Pi." She smiled a bit, nodding to herself as she looked for the others' reactions.

Teal looked surprised, but in a good way, "So you get part of Mistress's name in yours? It looks like you were trying in both cases," she turned to Void and Vale, "Is that allowed?"

Toupé added, "That's what Miss Void told me, I thought it would be a good way to honor her and everything she did for us. And using Gemini feels more right than Powers."

Void were smiling and would nod, when Teal would ask her this question.

"Yes, that's allowed. There's usually only very few restrictions, when it comes to renaming yourself. No vulgarities for instance, but inheriting names is not just allowed, but for some encouraged. I have a... Friend for instance, where all the members of his family keeps the same last name. It's not the most regular thing, but some do like to go that route.

Some even do it with their entire names. I knew about someone called Diego Pennyworth the Third for instance, because his father, and his father before that, had the same names. That's a bit more rare, but it is still something that some chose to do.

Personally, I think Gemini Pi a very nice name, that suits you well. I'm sure that she would say the same to you, To- No, Gemini."

If this were the name she wanted, Void would start to speak it from now. It sounded as if she were certain, and it definitely fit her too. It were a bit unorthodox perhaps, but like, why not? It were suitable, and she felt confident that if their mistress were here to hear this, shed feel honored, that she meant so much to the young Gemini, that she would want her new name to reflect her.

"That's definitely a nice name. I think you're right that it's the one you should pick."

Cherish would raise her front hooves, and with a grin on her face, clap a little, in pure excitement. Gemini Pi... She even sounded like a smart pony with that name! It was short, to the point, classy- They had classes on name giving in her old school, and this were better than most suggestions she had heard back then. It was perfect for her!

"Most that I knew, went with stuff like Hedge Clipper, or Creme Coffee. I knew a couple others with just single names, but I dunno. Not a lot pick those.

Why did you pick yours, Miss Void?"

"I never changed my name. My big sister's name is Null, and we've always lived up to what we're called, so we never saw a reason to."

"Null and Void... Heh, that sounds nice too, Miss Void."

It were really rare that Cherish knew of names that were supposed to play off of one another. But Null and Void? It were odd names to be called, but there were usually a reason for the name you picked, or got. It was just strange to hear a sibling naming convention like that. Their parents must have seen something that just made them think it clicked. And Void were an adult, and still hadn't changed her names, so she had to agree with them on that, yes?

Unbeknownst to Cherish, Void had considered it a few times, but it required them getting involved in local shenanigans, the places they did go to that had offices for this, and some paperwork too. Here the young ponies were under her care, and she could handle paperwork required for this situation well enough, but her and Null hadn't anything to work with, and if they started to say they had come from Troy... Some places did not like Troy, and others still, might be chasing them, because they had a reward out for their capture. They couldn't say for sure.

Not that she'd probably ever have really changed. Null would not show disrespect to their parents, by switching her name, and Void had ever so faithfully followed her big sister, so she wouldn't have had the heart to do so. And at this point, she saw no reason to. She were comfortable with her name, even if she were no longer a void of magic, and it were a far more lengthy process at her age to change it properly anyway.

"Thank you, Cherish.

Now then, everyone? Your sister have thought up a nice name, and someday, you will get the chance too. I know in my heart, that each and every one of you, will get a nice cutie mark too, and find names that you think fits you well, just as Gemini has.

Now then, is everyone enjoying the food? There's also cake, but it can wait until later, if you would prefer to get sated with the food that's currently on the table. I hope that I've hit the sorts of tastes for it, that I spotted you liked, Gemini."

She'd smile warmly at her big filly, as she imagined her having a taste of the cake. She truly hoped, that it would be nice for the young mare, and she were fairly sure it would be too, but she just wanted today to be perfect, y'know? This were her cutie mark celebration. It were a special day for her, and Void wished that it would be one, that Gemini would always be able to look back at fondly. A day that her smart girl, so richly deserved.