Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Magloria

@Starforce

Operata weren't looking back towards her at all, but if she insisted on looking, as his eyes kept fixated on this mare, she'd find that his eyes were showing a lot more emotions than before. Hope, fear, regret, horror, love- A mismatch of fleeting emotions rolling in over him, as the sight and implications, hit him like crashing waves.

"M-My... Wife..."

It were all he managed to stammer out, unaware of the amount of power he had just given to Magloria, by those two, short words.

It wasn't overly many, that knew about their marriage back then. Due to her death magic being a taboo, regardless of how well liked she were starting to become, due to employing it medically, she had insisted that they waited going public with it, as it may hurt his career. Operata had not cared in the slightest, but she were insistent, and he knew not how to say no to her.

So their courtship had been a dampened affair, with most just thinking that he were around her, due to some sort of medical issue, or at best, that he had befriended her. He were known to meet a lot of odd creatures, and befriend the strangest of the bunch, so it weren't unheard of. Even their wedding had been a discrete thing, held in her own home town, were few came to without dire reason.

They had been planning the time to go public, as her reputation were beginning to soar, and then... The fire had happened, and everything broke.

And yet, here she were. Snatched from the cruelty of a flaming death, to be placed in this stasis, as little more than a battery. A thing to use, just for power...

The cats were continuing to meow and jump against the sides, as they recognized the mare well. They had been but a few weeks old, when she had saved them from some cruel pony, who had wanted to throw them in the river. She had been there to nurse them, and care for them, and they had been equally sad, when she had been taken from them.

Yet their jumps halted, and voices silenced, when Operata would lift a hoof, and hammer it as hard as he could into the crystal, with clenched teeth. Something likely entirely ineffectual, but caused them to halt, and look up at him, with big eyes.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria stood there with realization of the true edge she had over him. His wife was the one within the orb. As the cats meowed and whined she stood there with a profound silence as she stepped forward. As Magloria stepped forward she could see within his eyes, the intense emotions as she saw them within their eyes. This was evidence enough - that he wasn't lying about it. Why would he lie? Well, she wouldn't know, but it was enough for an added edge.

A cruel smile came across her lips as she watched him hammer his hoof against the orb. "If this is your wife - then you will know what happened to her. A fire. She was said to have perished in the fire. Can't say that I remember much else, but I retrieved her from it. She had no clue what had happened...and into stasis she went. I suppose you better thank me for saving her life - or will you think that I was the one that caused the fire, to make this all as a ruse? I will let you come to your own conclusion on that." she shrugged idly. Truth be told - she didn't cause the fire. Something else did, but she just happened to be there at the right place and time. Magloria was one for theatrics, oddly enough and so saw it fit to spice her words up a bit.

"Be that as it may - it has gave me ideas. Let's say we are to reenact that scene, and capture a noble of our own? In the same manner as your wife? You couldn't say no to that, could you?" she grinned cruelly yet again, within those eyes were a mare who truly had no sympathy. 

@-Buttercup-

On 2022-05-10 at 3:04 AM, Magloria said:

A cruel smile came across her lips as she watched him hammer his hoof against the orb. "If this is your wife - then you will know what happened to her. A fire. She was said to have perished in the fire. Can't say that I remember much else, but I retrieved her from it. She had no clue what had happened...and into stasis she went. I suppose you better thank me for saving her life - or will you think that I was the one that caused the fire, to make this all as a ruse? I will let you come to your own conclusion on that."

"I know who started the fire, and I made them pay."

His voice were dripping with hatred, and the looks in his eyes as he stared into the floor, were looking as if he could shoot lightning from them.

No more were said by him about this, but considering his disdain - to put it mildly - for nobles, Magloria should have a fair guess at whom had caused the fire. Well, not who specifically, but at least their affiliation.

On 2022-05-10 at 3:04 AM, Magloria said:

"Be that as it may - it has gave me ideas. Let's say we are to reenact that scene, and capture a noble of our own? In the same manner as your wife? You couldn't say no to that, could you?" she grinned cruelly yet again, within those eyes were a mare who truly had no sympathy. 

"...How much?"

He'd raise his head and look toward Magloria. The knowledge that she know knew the amount of leverage she held over him, had finally settled in, and it were with fading, yet smouldering anger, and pained resignation that he turned to her. She had something he wanted, more than anything else, and he knew that she were going to demand a lot for giving that back. Why wouldn't she after all? She held all the cards, and he none. Even more than before.

"What's it going to take, to earn her back? Name your price. I don't care what you'll ask of me, or for how long. I'll do it."

Before this, he'd have some dignity left. The option of being snarky, and act like himself more or less. Now... He'd likely not have that. He could imagine she'd demand complete obedience, and then test that in some manner. And that was just for a start. He'd likely have to support her endeavors for a fairly long time, before she'd indulge in his request.

When he were a stallion with nothing to lose, he wouldn't care much about testing his limits. Now that he did... Cursed be this mare, for what she would ask. Thankful as he were, that his wife were alive, it did not change that he hated being under the hoof of another, like he so firmly now were.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria chuckled at his comments casually. It was a surprisingly high pitch chuckle from someone with a deeper voice than most mares. "For starters, if you want your precious little mare back - you are going to have to tell me of the most powerful Noble or mage. Someone with more power than your little mare you wish to have back. You are going to have to tell me everything about those you work with, and then some, to get me to even consider giving you back. Don't you get already? I am one to take, not receive." she chuckled, her personality seeming more and more faded as she talks on.

"But since I have something so precious of yours - let me tell you something. Magloria is just a name I came up with. Magloria isn't actually a real pony. The trophy you saw? I planted that there on purpose, so that one day, someone would get the wrong impression about me. And you know something, my dear Operata? I am originally far from here. This world is much much much larger than most would tell you. Think about the current map you know and love - I come from somewhere so far, so distant, and so remote that most in Equestria have probably not even thought of it. I am far far older than what most would consider...natural. Look at the ponies in these orbs, and you'll know the answer to that." she giggled, and did a little hop in her step. 

@-Buttercup-

Awesome... So she were a... Whatever, it didn't matter. He'd assume some sort of demi-being from far off. Maybe Neighpon. They always had the most disturbingly strong, and weird creatures there. Not like it mattered. It didn't change where he stood in this situation, nor the demands. It were something for others than him to care about.

So between gritted teeth, he'd take a deep breath, and then slowly begin to answer her. Now without the snarky tone, but rather a sort of dignified, defeated ring.

"...The strongest magic users I know of, are two fold. I assume you don't mean alicorns, as they are also highly protected, so beyond those, I would say either the disgraced Duke Mind Storm, or the travelling kitsune, Yao Ha.

Yao Ha is nearly impossible to track down though. I only ran into a place he had been, months ago, by sheer accident. Yet where he goes, you can see the effects. Even for a kitsune, he's brimming with incredible control over not just their regular tricks and illusions, but also magic of all four, natural classes of magic. It's said he seeks out those whom he thinks are worthy, and teaches them a snippet of his power, before vanishing once more. Where I went, I heard he just came in to taste the local summer wine though.

Duke Mind Storm is simpler. He have not left the tower he were sealed into, for the past thirty years. A giant tower, with magic constantly assaulting the insides of the barrier, are hard not to notice Though the forest stretching near it, are infested with his macabre experiments. Said forest also have a barrier around, and guards checking the perimeter, to make sure nothing escapes.

I don't know why the duke is in there. Whatever the story were, it's gotten lost somewhere. The rumor I heard, is that he did something to catch the ire, of the grand council, and they punished him by trapping him in his home. It's not in Equestria though. It's north of the country, in Caneighda. If you want someone powerful, isolated, and who will not be missed, you could try him. He's a wealth of arcane power. Or maybe it is just his tower that is. I heard only fragmented stories, yet the constant magic hammering against the barrier, at least says there is a strong core of it, in one form or another.

...I suppose there is also the Sphinx Elder Council, if you wanted truly powerful beings, but they never leave their capitol, which are completely hidden, somewhere in Saddle Arabia. And it would be safer to assault the alicorns than them, as they are but foals before them.

There is... Ah, a place too, I've briefly heard about, but you'll need to catch another to learn of it. Gem Guzzler, from the Undercourt. I heard her speak about having made progress, in finding out what causes the extremely rare situation, of a naturally occurring alicorn. Something about certain places and conditions being met, but they stopped speaking when I came into the room, so I don't know more than that. She and I do not get along.

You have heard of them, yes? The princess keeps it under wrap, when it happens in Equestria, but sometimes, random ponies just finds themselves transformed into alicorns, out in the world. Though the vast majority goes insane and have to be put down, or explodes/implodes. I always assumed it have something to do with the process occurring, raw and unfiltered, is too much for an individual's mind, or body, to handle. Hence why the princess can do so smoothly. She have found a way to refine it, somehow, and Guzzler were always disturbingly fascinated by the idea of finding out the secrets herself.

...Will that do for a start?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

She would grin wildly at his suggestions and would take a moment to ponder over them. For now, she'd just look into his eyes with a wicked glare. Her coat color began to shift, almost like that of a chameleon. Her tail and coat shifted like this as well. Her coat was a light pinkish color, while her eyes were of a red-orange shade. Her mane and tail were that of a fiery orange color to boot, with various hues in stunning contrast. On her flank was a symbol - it looked to be that of a rising sun over some waves.

Her facial features, and the shape of her body seemed to change as well. With a crooked grin, she'd smile. "Duke Mind Storm sounds the most probable of the ones you know of. Not that I won't pursue the others, I would rather have an easier target first and foremost. I am not going off on a suicidal mission when I do not nearly have much of the power required to back myself up in such conditions. While I am sure I can very well hold my own, I would prefer to avoid that for the time being." she spoke, her voice having a unique accent and quality to it that he was not familiar with to say the least. Was this her real form? Well, she'd confirm that shortly.

"Gem Guzzler would be my second option, really. I already have a few Pegasi in here. I would seek for me to get a wing removal spell, so I can plop a nice pair of wings on myself. I may not be an alicorn, but I can at least look the part. It won't hurt the pony, mind you, even if it did - they wouldn't feel any pain. It'd just be really out of place for you to look at. I've looked into such things, but I was unable to find leads prior. But first, Duke Mind Storm. Yes. I wish I could unleash a Mind Storm on anyone, really, perhaps he'll help us if we do indeed free him. But either way it'll come at a cost, that power belongs to me, it is just in it's wrongful place. If he does not prove to be worthy of help, I will freeze him like the others. But still, he will prove valuable. I imagine that if we do free him, he will offer knowledge freely, which is of course, preferable." she added, choosing her words carefully.

"As you see, I am different. This is my real form. My real name is Spectral Fade, but you may call me Spectra. I feel like I can trust you with that, for now." she spoke, assured in her word. 

Edited by -Buttercup-

@-Buttercup-

"Very well, Spectra. If you can procure a map, that includes Caneighda, I can pinpoint the area. If he'll help willingly or not, I don't know. But one way or another, he should be useful to you."

Trust... Peh, what a load that were. She did not trust him. She owned him, and this were either just another rouse, or her way of openly saying that she didn't care if he knew her name, because frankly, what were he gonna do with it? He'd not get the chance to tell anypony about it.

He sincerely doubted that she'd ever let him go. At best, he might be able to earn the freedom for his wife, but himself? The more he *worked* for Spectra, the more he'd know, and as such, the less private she could be. Unless she wiped his mind, he'd either end up working for her til he died - potentially by her killing him - or he'd be told that the only way his wife came out of that crystal, were if he took her place. Which if it happened, he would. His reputation were already in tatters, and he had nothing left in this miserable life, than causing pain to the high and mighty. She still had her family that grieved over her, and a promising future. He'd happily trade his own, for that.

"As for Guzzler, if you can look like an alicorn, it will work to bring her close. She seeks more information, and if you seem like a title-less alicorn, with your sanity intact, you'd be highly valuable for her research. She wouldn't stop at anything, to get an interview with you. Including trying to ambush and kidnap you, before torturing you for information. Try and lure her in, then give her a taste of her own medicine."

The snark had gone out of his voice as he said that, though it were almost looking like he were tempted to say every word, slithering out from behind gnashing teeth, and a scowl that would not leave his face. He kept composure, but it were how he actually felt, beneath the defeated exterior. He hated being this chained, yet every word, every action, could end up now backfiring, to harm her. Either by increasing the price for her freedom, keep it totally out of reach, or worse yet, she would get hurt in some fashion. Even if she could not feel something in there, he would be able to see it. It'd hurt him, more than whatever other torment she could have planned for him, might have done instead.

"When do you wish to start?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra knew what she was doing to him. She knew how one would be absolutely broken to see their wife or husband in her possession. Truth be told, she didn't really feel all that much. Many years of doing this, and her aching hatred of her own incompleteness has made her quite resigned to how others may think or feel about it. No others mattered. Only she did. Only her being complete - whatever the cost, would prove that to her. Why stop now? It's been so, so long since she's started. Nobody else could ever understand how it feels to be incomplete for that long. To feel twisted, warped, all because of how she was born. If only she could make them.

"We will start right now. I have a map. I will get it, and then we shall depart. Depending on where it is, I can teleport us to a waypoint. That depends on where it is in relation to everything else. We may spend anywhere from a few hours, to a few minutes. All of that comes into play, but we are going after Mind Storm First. Guzzler will be second to that. With Mind Storm's ability, I am thinking that we would be able to get something from him that we can use to get Guzzler into a trap of some kind. I could easily come up with a portable version of an orb, have her walk in an area, you distract her, then bam, I do something with the orb. But I'd do it as a way to keep her conscious throughout the whole thing. I would gladly want her to spill her knowledge out before me - in the same manner she would inflict on someone else." she grinned wickedly, savoring the irony in that as she spoke.

Spectra would lead them down a hall in silence. Before long they reached a large complex of doorways, archways, and other such. It took her a second, but she would walk into a room of various stolen geography gear which she used throughout her travels. In this room was a map, which she unfurled out for him to see. "Point it out for me - then we'll go catch ourselves a Mind Storm." she chuckled darkly. 

@-Buttercup-

On 2022-05-19 at 1:14 AM, Spectral Fade said:

"We will start right now. I have a map. I will get it, and then we shall depart. Depending on where it is, I can teleport us to a waypoint. That depends on where it is in relation to everything else. We may spend anywhere from a few hours, to a few minutes. All of that comes into play, but we are going after Mind Storm First. Guzzler will be second to that. With Mind Storm's ability, I am thinking that we would be able to get something from him that we can use to get Guzzler into a trap of some kind. I could easily come up with a portable version of an orb, have her walk in an area, you distract her, then bam, I do something with the orb. But I'd do it as a way to keep her conscious throughout the whole thing. I would gladly want her to spill her knowledge out before me - in the same manner she would inflict on someone else." she grinned wickedly, savoring the irony in that as she spoke.

"It needs to be a big trap. Guzzler is a sizable dragon, but weak. She wants the power, to skyrocket her to elder dragon strength. Maybe even above."

A foolish plan, but she were rather determined, and due to her dwarfing him many times over, most just let her go on with her plans, without debating her on it. The Undercourt though, saw promise in her research, and let her go on with it, under their protection. As long as she agreed that when she had her answers, she would share the fruit of her research, with the high members. As she considered her goal to have been reached by then, she didn't much care about them taking whatever were left, so she agreed.

He thought of the annoying dragon, as he moved along. Not one he found overly enjoyable to be around, but of the slim pickings among his *colleagues*, she weren't the worst. She didn't like him though, but that were nothing new. He had gotten used to it.

The cats had hesitantly decided to follow him, when the two of them had moved on, though they weren't thrilled. They wanted to go be near their true owner, whom they had missed for so long. But they got that they couldn't get to get, because she was trapped, just like the others. They needed to find a way to get her out, but until they could, they had to follow Operata. They did not want to leave him alone with this mare. If they did, maybe he'd end up in one of those too, and then they'd be alone.

On 2022-05-19 at 1:14 AM, Spectral Fade said:

Spectra would lead them down a hall in silence. Before long they reached a large complex of doorways, archways, and other such. It took her a second, but she would walk into a room of various stolen geography gear which she used throughout her travels. In this room was a map, which she unfurled out for him to see. "Point it out for me - then we'll go catch ourselves a Mind Storm." she chuckled darkly. 

Presented with the map, he would hesitate for a moment, as he wanted to make sure that he were reading it right, before making a definitive statement. But after about a dozen seconds, his hoof would land upon a forest, at the south-eastern edge of Caneighda.

"There. The Shimmering Vista. Or The Fool's Forest, if you ask locals. Once a wondrous place, filled with life and beautiful sights, I'm told. Now engulfed in the barrier, and roamed by the duke's monsters. Though I don't know anything of them. The brief visit I had in the area, several years past, showed me nothing more, than dark trees, and the tower reaching above the high crowns. I'm inclined to believe the warnings about monsters though, just in case.

A safe entry might be to go to Whinnydale. It's the closest town, so if you need anything for the trip, or information, it would be where to start. Then from there, approach the barrier, and knock out the guards. It's constantly monitored, to avoid kids and tourists from wandering in there, as well as potential helpers, of the duke. Still, getting in won't be the issue. Getting out will, as the barrier halts anything from moving out. Be it magic, or beings. We will not be able to leave, until we've dealt with that. Which I can imagine, will be directly connected, to dealing with the tower itself."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra nodded to his comments on Guzzler. Such a powerful being would have to wait. Looking to the map she would search over it tactfully. Taking out the guards would be a rather easy thing to do. just knock them out with an iceball each, then cocoon them like the others. It would be easy to teleport them into this area here. Doing all that, as well as teleporting herself there would use a sizeable portion of her magic but depending on how many guards there were - it was going to be a net gain even if they fail to get Duke Mind Storm. A few more guards or ponies along the way added to her collection was not something she was going to turn down.

"I have a minor teleportation rune in the caves outside Whinnydale. Nobody goes there, so what will happen is we will teleport into the caves and then proceed towards the guards. After we exit the caves, it will take a few hours to enter into the town because of the expansive forest. I will however, delete the rune and any magic influence within the cave, because there will no doubt be searches after this. We will take the guards out. Perhaps you can distract the guards while I will take them out. Then they will be cocooned and transported here. This will cost a lot of magic, to even take out the guards, because we'll be teleporting in. But due to the time involved, it shouldn't be an issue." she commented.

"If you are able to cast spells on me, I am able to absorb the nature of those spells and cast it as my own. This wouldn't work for something like your Baton, however, so if you have any minor spells you wish to cast on me, you can do so after we arrive." she spoke, her horn pulsed as it began to glow like a small sun. Apparently she didn't give him time to reply, because as soon as he would go to reply there would be an almost blinding yellow flash before they'd end up within the caves.

In these caves she had no ponies stored, it was just a minor waypoint into the town, if anything. Once they arrived in this location, the rune and all its magic within the cave vanished completely. Slowly, she would begin charging up for what is to come as she leads the way out of the cave.

@-Buttercup-

He were not overly fond of the way that he had been transported, nor that he did not have the time to reply to anything, before it happened. Considering that she asked him to do something with spells, it seemed incredibly rude to do this.

When the light dimmed, and he could see properly where they were, he'd rise a hoof up, and brush off some dust from his left shoulder, before finally being able to respond.

"As I were going to say, my magic works in two fashions. Musical, and regular arcane. The arcane spells are rudimentary. Regular telekinesis, like any unicorn can do. As for the music, I would not be much of a tenor, if I could not inspire, which translated into what you saw with my cats earlier. I can use my magic, to enhance, and debilitate.

Without my baton though, I cannot make it directed, so if I did so, it would hit all, instead of merely you. Furthermore, the power is less, and with this dampener, I couldn't do much in the first place.

Might I request perhaps, that you remove that one, and then I can do some of those spells, you'd wish to have me enhance you with? There's not much point in it. I can't defeat you, and considering what you hold, I have no incentive to even try."

Again, the notion that he were well aware that him stepping out of line, with say, trying to harm her, would inevitably end up going back, and harming his wife instead. Perhaps he would've gotten tempted to make a stand with a sneak attack before, but now... Even if he could defeat Spectra, then what? How would he get to his wife, when she were the only one who knew how those prisons were set up?

No, he didn't have a choice, and he had no reason to resist. As such, he would argue, that there were no further need for him, to be held back like this.

While this went on, his cats would look around, disoriented about the sudden change in climate and scenery. As they felt unsure where they were, or what had happened, they would wander over to Operata, and stand under his belly. It felt safer there.

"Also, you said I should distract the guards? Any particular way you want that to happen, or am I allowed some creative freedom, in how I do so?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra took a few moments to think about what he spoke about before relenting. With a sense of a cool wave being flowed through him, the crystals vanished. It felt a lot like what one would feel like after drinking a really cold beverage on a hot day. It felt amazing for it to be lifted off like that - and he felt his magic return, as it rightfully should be. She listened to him intently and smirked once he was free of her magical restrictions placed upon him.

"Hit me with your best shot. If you were able to, you could kill me right where I stand. End my centuries long life - but you'll never find your wife." she grinned, knowing the strings she had over him. "I'll let you free from these magic restraints actually. You know what would happen if you killed me where I stand. I honestly can't say that I would blame you if you did. Maybe I deserve it." she looked off to the right, with a sense of honesty in her eyes, as if having a small part of her guilt for this life showing through. She definitely rhymed on purpose, though.

"Start off with some low power spells. I don't really care what it is. Just start casting them on me, and my ability will take it from there. Don't ask me how it works. I don't know why I am the way I am, and I've been trying to find that out for as long I have existed. But do your spells, and then we'll go catch us a Mindstorm." she said wickedly.

@-Buttercup-

He'd let out a small sigh, as his restraints were lifted. He still needed one of his batons to do his best, but this would be enough, long as she didn't care about a less focused, more area oriented degree of magic hitting in her general direction, rather than pinpoint accuracy.

"Perhaps you deserve death, but it won't be by my hoof. We have an arrangement, as one sided as it may be. I know better than to bite the hoof, who holds her.

Mark my words, Spectra: I don't break my promises, and I gave her mine, that I would do everything for her. This but proves it.

Now then, embrace the music."

His horn would glow vibrantly, as yellow pulses began to vibrate  and twist into small musical notes. A tune like a chorus, would flow with it, as it danced around Spectra, with a beautiful melody. Uplifting and inspiring, she should be able to feel the effects soon.

Power would flow through her. Making her more aware, as her senses would sharpen, her muscles grow stronger, and brimming with energy. Had she wounds, they would start to mend. Were she inclined to stomp, she'd find rocks would easier crack to the force. Sounds of the forest, would filter through to her, as even her ears would become better.

This were a taste, of the empowerment he used on his cats. On them, he had used far more conce trafed force though, to make up for their small stature. Yet one at Spectra's size and already meaningful strength, would do well, even without more focused versions, and just a general empowerment, and reinvigoration.

"There were a time, where I played like this, to lift the spirit, and give succor to those who needed it. What things can be taken, when life tears you apart."

With more keen senses, she may also start to notice something interesting about him. How there may be some fur sticking out from the sleeves in his suit, yet the pressure from the inside on the rest of the legs, didn't seem to indicate the same volume consistently. As if his coat were lacking in places.

It also seemed awfully close fitted  even at the collar, as to stop it from sliding around, and showing more than he wanted to.

He were hiding more from her, than he had shown. Question were just if she cared, or only wanted what he now gave her. And would continue to give, til one day she stabbed him in the back, or voiced that he had done enough, to earn what he wanted.

Operata did not care either way, right now. He did as he were asked, to gain what he wanted. In time, if he got her... He knew she'd resent it. She were a kind heart, devoid of the darkness, others claimed her magic gave her. What he had done, would be hard to look past. Probably impossible...

*sigh* But least she'd be free, and the world would see her smile, and hear her joyful laugther once more. What remained of his decency and honor, were a small price to pay for that.

@Blitz Boom

Spectra stayed put and just let him do what he was going to do. To his comments about her dying, she didn't really care what he thought about this situation. After all, he was only a tool in her game. He was the tool for which she could perform her melody. Speaking of that, she could feel the effects of the melody begin to set in. She had never felt something quite like this even in years prior. Definitely appeared to not be familiar with this type of magic. As she focused on what she was feeling, she could feel her senses around her heighten. 

Most importantly were what he could visibly see. When the spell was cast onto her directly he could see a faint white glow around her body. Barely enough to be able to be visible but still there nevertheless. Perhaps that was the tell tail sign of the spell being absorbed into her mind. Feeling it work it's way into her mind, she already knew the ins and outs of the spell. Definitely useful for sure. She could potentially use this to distract ponies away, and use it to lure them into traps. Definitely something to think about.

"That all you got to show me? I am sure you got a whole lot more rattling around in that mind of yours." she spoke curiously and could clearly notice the differences in his hair. If she cared about it, she didn't mention it. 

@-Buttercup-

"Of course I have more, but I assumed you wanted the beneficial magic first. It could well come in handy for you, if you ended up needing that little more, for some reason. Now comes the next part. Girls, get out of range please."

His cats would get the hint, and rush away from them, leaving them a fair few meters of distance, before the tune changed dramatically. Deep vibrations, and gong-like degrees of ringing tones, like you'd hear at an old, gothic church. Including soon after, the sound of an old church organ, playing a sinister tone.

The effects would change away, from being empowering, to feeling weakening. Senses dulling, due to aches and pains, nausea, and as it went on, she'd find her eyes starting to slightly cloud over.

Feelings of her legs weakening, and eventually, even low grade delusions, would begin to mess with her head too. Including the sensation that she were bleeding, from several points of her body. She weren't but the power of suggestion were strong, if used correctly, and this kind of magic had that kind of potential.

"There are more than this, but you would do better, in having me use those an another, as they get more severe.

As for soundwaves, I don't have much to show. I need one of my batons to refine it enough, but I do have one to present."

He'd stop the music, swirl the magic around himself, and concentrate it around his hoof. When it were ready, he'd stomp down, and send a shockwave out, pushing things and dust within a few meters off him, away. A clearly more taxing spell, but it were currently all that he had. Soundwaves were not effortlessly, and easy to use, if spread around. It required focus. That he could even do this one frankly, were a testament to his training.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra was visibly affected by what was happening. This is what she wanted. Feeling these feelings, it would all work well in her favor. Through it all she bore a pained yet greedy grin. She could never get over this feeling as horrible as it was. As the feelings wash throughout her so does her understanding of what the feelings are - and how to create them. Both a beautiful melody to fuel her own - and this to slave down the able. It would be best to use on those weak. Better to also slave down the weak than bring down the able. 

She shuddered as she stood there, visibly weakened by it. Then she felt the shockwave and felt it's understanding flow into her. Gradually her senses returned to normal - along with a new understanding of them. A part of her thought something. If she wanted magic from others, couldn't she just ask...? That's too simple though, far too simple....

She bore a sickly grin. "That will be all if that is all you have. If that is it, we shall go to where we seek." she spoke, and lead the way out of the cave, unless he had more spells to cast. "I feel more formidable now. I wonder what is to come." she spoke in a wondering fashion as they left, if nothing else was to be done here. 

@-Buttercup-

"As said, I have more, but I am assuming you would rather observe, than experience, vomiting, full on delusions, fevers, and such? You may recall me beginning such things with you, when we fought, but I were not finished doing them proper, at that time."

If she insisted, he would do it regardless, and she would really start to feel bad then, as the tone went into a sad, haunting tone. Tears would start to fill her eyes, she'd feel both physically and magically weaker, as if a fever ran through her, etc. Most of the effects though, were purely illusional. Tricks that made the brain think some things were happening. part of weakening the subject, and could make suggestive moves then via the music, to for example make them think that blood came from several places. Or that things were crawling all over them. Or something else entirely. This sort of magic, worked by tricking the body. Same reason why there would be some level of fatigue, if one used the empowering spells too much, since magic only got one so far. The rest were pushing the body beyond the natural limits.

If he were not asked to, he would simply follow instead, and let his horn grow cold once more. His cats would rejoin him at that point, though this time, they elected to jump up on his back for a while. A small struggle were there, on who got to sit where, but they'd sort it quickly, with Sonata getting the front part, so that she could lean lazily on his head, and still look forward. Falsetto then, would instead lay across his back, sideways, and just enjoy the movement as he walked along.

"I can imagine that what is to come, is a magical duel of some fashion. Less subtle than the one we had though. You will see when we reach the shield, but looking at what is cast in there, it appears his style is more raw, and forceful than mine."

• Brohoof 1

(I changed my name to @-Solstice-)

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would accept the idea of facing the full brunt of his power. As she felt it wash over herself she would shake a bit, she knew that this were all illusional but she would stand there and put her focus on dealing with the effects of the spell as the understanding of the spell was absorbed into her memory. She stood still, shaking somewhat still as her body would face the full effects wash throughout her. The tears, the feeling of her being weak - and the fever was worth her feeling it if she could inflict it onto others in order to proceed with her plans. 

For a time, he could have easily attacked her or gotten the drop on her in this confused and weak state if he wanted. However, that would be unlikely for him to do so in all likelihood since she did indeed have his beloved wife in her possession. Either way, it would be a little while for Spectra to recover from this event. In doing so, she gained access to what she wanted. Offensive magic that can really lay in the damage to others, and due to them not being in an ice filled environment - it was needed for her to have other forms of magic for when she couldn't make full use of other things.

"Hah...that was good. I would wish that on anyone who we come across, we'll see, we'll see indeed..." she gathered herself up, as they would inevitably approach their destination.

@-Solstice-

"I can't do better, without one of my batons. You took my former one, but if need be, I have more stocked elsewhere. Mayhap a lesson for another time?"

Urgh, how he hated the craft he had so painstakingly learned, were being giftwrapped for this vile mare... But what he wouldn't do for his wife, and for that, he needed to be useful, obedient, and not keep as many secrets as he'd like. Such as holding back about his extra batons, or any other things he had in his usual possession, but currently had stashed in the meager quarters, that he sometimes dwelled in, before he ran into Spectra.

As they got out of the cave, he could in the distance, spot the edge of the large bauble. Slightly purple and transparent, the surface lit up at various places, seemingly at random. Yet he knew, even from this far away, what it were. He had gotten close enough to see before, the flashes that came, when the barrier took the blasts from the tower. Though said tower, were not currently visible. They were not at an angle, nor range, that allowed them that sight.

Their trip would take them there eventually. But first, it seemed as if they were first headed to occupied territory, before going over and breaking into the barrier.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I believe the two of us have enough power to get in and take the guards out. I am not sure what to expect, so we'll just have to see what we are dealing with here." she spoke as they walked forward through the woods. "I would recommend getting as many guards as possible but I wouldn't get out of our way to do it. We also should be using disguises, since if anyone gets away and sees us, the word will be out of the bag of what happened to you and we don't want more powerful ones hunting us down. After we defeat Duke Mind Storm, we'll have to make it all the way back into the cave, so I can teleport us back." she commented.

In the distance she spotted the bubble. Rolling through her mind was the possibility of stealing whatever is powering that bubble to use for herself. There was probably a wealth of information and materials worth stealing for herself.

@-Solstice-

"Wouldn't the simplest solution then, being to find a couple of guards with matching proportions, knock them unconscious, and steal their armor? We could wander right past the others then, and enter without anyone being the wiser. A lullaby spell, should keep the affected guards resting for quite a while, to avoid further issues."

She probably wanted to kidnap and imprison them instead, but at least he could try... Gods, what would she not think of him, if ever she got free, with the things he did? Likely nothing good, but the dice were rolled, and he would stay the course. For her. May she somehow find it in her, to forgive him, for what he must do.

He'd gnash his teeth, and look forward. The path moved on, and they would soon enough, find some guards they could begin to stalk, and hopefully find a pair that fit. Or she could just use magic to knock them all unconscious, and blast a hole through the fence, that were put around it. They were just trying to keep dumb foals and such, from entering the place. So they didn't need something more fancy than that, normally.

The guards were not even on high alert or anything. This were normally considered the easiest, most laid back duty they could have. Wasn't like anyone sane would ever try to pass here, and their sort of criminals normally, were not Equestrian levels. A stern talking to, and maybe a pair of hoofcuffs, sorted most things for them.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra agreed with his proposal. It was better and more efficient to do that. Perhaps she was getting too big for her britches. It was best to be as discreet as possible about this. Looking to the guards there, she could tell they were not a high threat or anything. With her newly acquired magic, she would play them a simple soft melody in order to use as little power as possible and to get them unconscious quickly. It was better than simply knocking them out, which could draw unwanted attention to the area.

She'd play that lullaby spell until the guards peacefully fell asleep. Provided if that succeeded, she would have walked up to them and took their weaponry, if they had any. If she found a guard with a similar size as her, she would slip off their armor and put it on. It was like taking candy from a baby, wasn't it? 

@-Solstice-

It would be ridiculously easy, for them to steal this armor, after the guards had fallen asleep. As she were not practiced too well yet - and because he grimaced at the thought of the alternative, if she got impatient - Operata would assist with a lullaby spell. He'd be wise enough to know how to not fall for it, though his cats would slump over on him, and have a nap. Though he knew they were smart enough to have taken off, if they wanted to. They just used it as an excuse to have a nap.

When it were done, Operata would find himself one that fit him. Dusty armor sadly... Did these ponies never wash their gear? Urgh, whatever. He just needed it briefly anyway.

Spectra would be able to find one fairly easily too, from one of the two only female guards there. Thankfully for her, one of them were just her size, and seemed to be one of the only ones who took some pride in keeping her armor somewhat polished. How fortunate for her.

"What then, would you have us do now? Continue to the town, get some supplies, and enter the barrier later, whilst undercover? Or would you rather we simply went in now, and use these uniforms to easier get out afterwards, during what I will assume might be quite the chaos."

Regarding equipment, every guard had the standard. For Caneighda at least, which meant that they weren't using swords, but instead polearms. Beyond that, each had a flask of water, some rations, and a bit of gold. Nothing out of the ordinary. Well, the gold pieces, were coins here, rather than the flakes that bits were made of, in Equestria. But beyond that, things were rather standard. Didn't appear that anyone brought personal belongings here, beyond pictures of their family, tucked into a pocket somewhere. Sometimes under their helmet. It seemed to vary, between those who did carry pictures.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would leave the guards with their family photos, but she would take their coins. She did have a small sense of honor after all. She could respect what these guards were doing and they did not look particularly powerful. She decided to spare them because there was a greater objective at hand here - and she didn't want to waste any time or magic to do that. To get these guards cocooned and transported back to the cave would be a needless hassle. After all, she could always seek far more worthwhile prey in the future.

She gave him a malevolent grin upon seeing how polished her armor is and how dusty his was. A symbolic measure for his role - subservient to her, and doing what it is she needed him to do, whenever she needed it. "The guards will stay here. We don't need them. They won't know what happened either way, and by the time they wake up we'll already be inside the barrier where we need to be. At least the rations, and with the coins we got, we have a bit of ability to support ourselves independently for a little while here. I would prefer we head into the town, bust in somewhere, and get our hands on some more powerful weaponry if we can. Perhaps there is an armory here with better tools at our disposal, I do not think these polearms will suffice for the job." Spectra commented casually.  

"Although, we'll stick to the shadows to avoid being spotted. Avoid communication with other guards and ponies as much as possible. The goal is to get in, get out, with as few noticing as possible." she commented, before leading him onward into the town, looking around for any places worth of value, while being sure to stay out of sight.

@-Solstice-

"Very well, but we should still show some degree of hurry, seeing as how this spell will not last forever, and they will likely raise the alarm, when they do wake up.

The town does not seem far off. Shouldn't take too long, provided we find a forge. Or I will assume, a guard station. They likely keep better things there.

Come on girls. Stay close, and try to blend in, when we get to town."

The two did not seem happy, but that came down a lot, to how that tended to mean, that he wanted them to blend in locally. AKA: Act as street cats, and they did not like to sit around garbage cans, and weird alleys like that. Nor mingle with actual street cats. Some of them were a bit too feral for their taste, and depending on the time of year, a bit too frisky. Thankfully not that currently though. Which were good too, as he would've never taken them along in that case. He tended to have them in their own space in that time period, while they meowed his ears off.

Grumbling meows aside though, they'd follow along, as they moved towards town, and they should arrive there fairly easily. The cats would wander off, and place themselves in a nearby alley, so they were ready to come out with them again, and the two of them in the meantime, could wander on. Not a lot disturbed them. A few waves and such. A couple saying hello. Nothing major. Seemed like most figured they were either new recruits, or didn't bother enough to ask. Which were fair. A lot had more important things to do. in parts, because this town were sort of a tourist attraction. The mad duke's bauble caught attention, and although most understood it were best to stay at a distance, the guards were there to handle the few who didn't. Beyond that, it were all tourist sorts. Memorabilia and the like, were everywhere. A popular one, being a model of the tower, in glass, with a bit of magic on it, that showed a less violent version of the magic strikes from inside. Sort of like a thunder orb. Pretty, yet totally harmless.

As for what they were searching... Well, they first had to go down the bustling main street, of the fairly sized town. One that seemed to pride itself, on maintaining an older appearance. Which really, had a lot to do with the tourists too. This town used to belong to the duke, before his downfall, and as part of the experience, they kept it as it were back then. Some strict rules about what could, and could not be done around here, in fact. Gave it a nice, homely look.

Eventually, they'd be able to see a forge. It were rather open space, but there were also a storage room, which might contain something. Might not. Had a simple padlock on it, so it wouldn't be too hard to pass.

There were also a guard station. A larger building, with a sleepy, elderly guard out front, and the occasional other guard passing through, either in or out. There were currently no way of knowing how many were in there, if any, but it were the most likely to have equipment.

The choice were Spectras. Either of these, splitting up to cover both, or keep searching.

• Brohoof 1