Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning OOC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Props Valroa

@-Buttercup-

Okay, so... Thoughts off of the top of my head then.

She could function as an older one, with the Magloria persona, being her first victim, hidden well within the crystals. Which would make her a non-changeling shapeshifter. Feasting on the magic, she can embody anyone that she have in her crystals. As for her real form? Who knows? Perhaps she doesn't even remember it herself either, or her true form is utter blank. A void, not taking form, until she is imbued with magic.

Lore wise, it could be she had to make deals once upon a time, to gain enough magic to sustain her for a time, but then she decided it were easier to not bargain, but rather just take. Could also be why she truly wants the most powerful magic users. Maybe she thinks that if she connects with a being that is powerful enough, she will finally become whole, instead of what is essentially a parasite. How it affects others? Not her problem.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I have drawn up an image of what I believe her real form would be, but it is fairly poorly well done and I am not all that decided on what her special talent would be - I have ideas for names, but I think I'll hide the name until I reveal it. As for her lore, my concept so far is that she is an ancient mage or unicorn spellcaster who originated from a place far far from Equestria, but was involved with Equestria's history somewhat. Perhaps if one is to look within the historical texts, they'd find reference to a powerful unicorn from a far away land with a knack for stealing magic and escaping any attempts to capture her.

Her ability to craft lies and spin words likely has made her a bit well, insane, to some regard, but she has an end goal in mind. Becoming an alicorn as a way to feel complete, and it is a goal she has pursued for so long to no avail, to the point where it has become apart of her personality. All of the ponies in her crystal orbs are actually in suspended animation too, they will not age, nor will they die, so long as they are within those orbs.

I can imagine she can also seal herself inside of orbs, and that is how she is able to have survived all of this time. I can imagine that her real identity was actually fairly high profile in the original time when she started the 'hunt', and one may be able to find out information about her. Perhaps she was once some sort of valiant mage, that then went rogue. 

• 4 weeks later...

@-Solstice-

I noticed you changed, but the old tag were still working. :P

Heh, anyway, I am waiting for you to push us along right now. I have the ideas going for when they actually get to the tower, but the point before that, is yours, as the plans on where to go, and what to do, were after all, Spectra's. Operata merely showed her a target.

I can describe the town and such as they get near, if that is what you'd prefer, but they still need to get there too. So buckle up, there be walking to do. :D

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

That is interesting, I don't know why the old tag would still work. I was thinking we can just skip ahead until they end up at the town, since I don't think there is much they would really do in the woods as they walk there. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@-Solstice-

In case the emote were not enough of a sign that I agreed, just writing it now. I may have misunderstood, and that is why you haven't replied. If so, sorry.

Busy day yesterday. Will get to it later.

• 2 weeks later...

@-Solstice-

Almost forgot this thread, whoops. xD To make up for it, I made it extra long, and included a creature I have made scarce use of, in other parts of my regular thread. Dunno what Spectra will think of it, but as I were writing, I figured this kind of reminded me of her, and were curious what her reaction might be.

If she wanna keep it, keep in mind that it can... Do nothing about that, actually. It ain't dumb, so trap and/or threaten it, and it gets the point. Begrudgingly.

@Blitz Boom

She finds it interesting, but is more focused on their objective. Sometimes I pull things out of a hat for this character, so I hope it makes sense. If not we could always discuss it here so it does, in the posts.

• 3 weeks later...

@-Solstice-

Sorry for delayed responses these days. Work drains my head. Hope you still find the monsters I pull out of my behind, to be interesting. :) I literally planned nothing of this, so it's all just on the fly improv. Though I do have some idea of the Duke. You might begin to understand things too, before you meet him.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@-HeedGreen-

Just letting you know, that this have spun off wildly, from my first thought. Originally, I thought Duke Mindstorm to either be an elderly stallion, sitting in a chair, completely innocent in what were going on. Just a sacrifice made, to cover up something that had happened, to one higher up, they had wanted to protect. The magical bubble and everything, powered by the tower itself, and not him.

Then I started to have to fill the forest with something, and things began to take more of a shape in my mind. I'll spare the more... Gory details, and leave those to imagination, to avoid moderators getting concerned. Yet things have certainly taken a far darker turn, than originally intended. And depended on your actions, and what questions you might find Spectra asking, she'll find that Duke Mindstorm is far, far more dangerous, and ruthless, than she might have given him credit for.

It's gonna be fun. :)

@Blitz Boom

You keep calling me 'heebiejeebies' in the IC thread, heh. Yeah I am definitely excited for this stuff. I personally don't mind or care about large amounts of Gore in RPs but as per the forum rules I can see why you would want to restrict it. What you have seen so far from Spectra, is basic levels of her power, primarily ice magic, she has not used her full power yet in RPs. You can go wild with me here, really, Spectra really isn't a nice pony by any stretch of the imagination. Anything she does is only self centered, and to support her aims, which includes seemingly innocent acts. As we go, I may come up with more ideas for her, and who she actually is, as there is large amount of wiggle room in her backstory to allow for new ideas.

And this will definitely be something, to where I will display Spectra's ruthlessness.

@-HeedGreen-

Never said she were a nice one. Just that she wasn't the most horrible one out there, since she clearly still have at least some degree of morality. Will look forward to seeing what she'll do, when she eventually faces one so self centered, that not only does he use others, but he thinks their suffering is a nice side effect, of his efforts to further his own magnificence. Look around, ask questions, and perhaps you'll get some idea what's gonna happen even, before you meet him. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra only really has morality to focus on her own aims. Experimenting on ponies, like Duke Mindstorm does, is not conductive to her goals, thus she doesn't do it. She is after the ponies themselves, so for her purposes, it is needed for the ponies to be 'intact', if you will, however as time goes on, she may gain other ideas, of how to gain magic. The main thing about her, is that she doesn't want to be detected by higher levels of beings who could certainly destroy her if they really wanted to, she's surely not the most powerful being in the world. 

Unlike my original motivation for her, she doesn't really want to 'solve' her condition as much as I thought, since she has a lot of power currently, she just wants more, and to take down the authorities of Equestria for some sort of power trip, she may not actually want to rule, but set in a new era of Equestria under different leadership. And even if she did rule, she wouldn't oppress her populace, she is smart enough to know that enslaving ponies on massive scales like that would not earn her any favors. She'd have to find a way to fundamentally better the lives of ponies to make them like her, and that gives her more of an interesting angle, having done rather horrific things in the pursuit of power, yet turning around, and making lives better for everyone, at least that is her goal. Not so much for other's lives, but for her own image.

• 3 weeks later...

@-HeedGreen-

Right, almost forgot a part of your OOC chatter some time back: Reason I use old tags, is because I'm lazy, so when there's saved chat, I just delete the text, but keep the tab. :) It links to you still, but the name's off. There's a way to also just rename entirely at whim, but I don't know that one.

My laziness aside, I hope you're enjoying things so far. I'm having a particularly... Uneasy idea in mind, for the next post when it comes out. We'll see if I stick with it. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I find it interesting how old names still apply. When it comes to ideas, feel free to be as graphic and horrific as you like - although the forum staff may not like that. I have no real issues with gore or general horror themes in RPs, otherwise.