Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Magloria

@Starforce

On 2022-02-05 at 2:07 AM, Magloria said:

"I do not know what to think of your line of magic at the moment. But I can rest and assure you that your animal companions will not be harmed. You've made that clear multiple times and I've offered you my leniency as I have stated previously."

"I've gotten used to repeating important things a few times. For an organisation that prides themselves on being *impeccable crime stoppers*, leadership of The Undercourt doesn't listen all that well sometimes."

It had probably more to do with them not liking him, specifically. Not that that was something unique. Few truly liked him, and they could rest assured, that the feeling were mutual.

As for the scowl she made soon after, he had given his other retort, it almost made him smile. Though he'd prefer to not have an icicle shoved into his face, so he refrained from expanding the one he had already. And funny it were, as it were all in jest. Pretty, powerful, and headstrong as she were, his new mistress, didn't make his heart flutter in that special way. At best, they may one day become something akin to compatriots, or friends in some ways, but even that were far from now. Now their roles were simpler: She told, and he obeyed. A bothersome arrangement, but it beat the other one, of being dead.

With all said and done it was now time to move on. Her hooves glowed blue and shimmered various shades of blue before she would draw a pattern onto the ground. Magloria stepped fully within it and looked to him and his companions with a unreadable expression. What was she thinking? How was she feeling? What a mystery this mare were, especially with such precise control over her expressions. Magloria would only be sure to ever show what she wants to show. Unbeknownst to him, she were both weighing and judging how much of her expressions she were willing to show - and how much she were willing to hide.

Fascinating, though to what purpose this served... He were not sure. For the time being, he'd simply watch in silence, observing with an expecting gaze, as he assumed something were soon to happen. Sonata though, popped her head out of his coat, and looked on with far more curiosity. She hadn't a clue what were going on, and let out a drawn out, confused meow, as she gazed upon the odd things happening. Falsetto remained inside though, not interested. She were in a bad mood from losing the battle.

Directly ahead there were a large gateway of sorts. Definitely carved into the rock but it seemed to be relatively recent. Perhaps it had been kept that way or she had done it recently. When they proceeded forward into the gateway there was a large system of 'hallways' with no doors. Directly in the front he saw something that he had never seen before. There was a massive amount of blue light up ahead coming from various blue crystalline orbs. If he took note, the hue of the orbs was the same as her magic. There looked to be various things contained within the orbs but at this distance it was difficult to tell exactly what they were. 

The other hallways lead off to various other places. "There are many areas here." she spoke ominously, and not conveying that she'd be here to watch his every move. 

"Ah, a teleportation spell with flair then. I wondered what you were writing up there."

He'd follow as she lead the way, in to the frozen structure, and his thoughts were twofold.

The first being: What a dreadful place it must be, to reside in here.

The second being: What held she here? The answer to which he guessed, were her victims. Considering the things she had said earlier, and the pulsating energy in the ice, that became more apparent as they moved, he'd further surmised that he had some idea of what she had done to them.

She were a magic thief. Like Tirek, or about a half dozen other figures, of which few yet remained. A rare trait to have, yet one that unlocked vast potential, for those with little in the way of morals. Sure he had few too, but least he did not steal magic. What he had, were all his own. Which were another reason he had lost. He had only the magic of one being, and no matter how powerful that might be, owning it from many, would oftentimes be far superior.

How utterly bothersome.

"And I assume that those of import, are either where you keep those whom you use as your personal batteries, or where you have reserved room for more?"

@Blitz Boom

Magloria would simply snicker to him, as if answering the question. He was right on both fronts. He'd soon come to realize that he was right upon them walking closer to the entrance of the expansive room that lay ahead of them down the hall. Just before they entered she would raise a hoof in front of him to prevent him from walking further. What lay ahead was both expected and unexpected. 

There was a large collection of blue orbs sat on top of crystals. If he looked closely he could see most of the orbs had at least 6 or 7 blue crystals impacting the orbs at the bottom. Inside of the orbs were ponies of various ages. All of them were healthy, an assorted bunch of Unicorns, Earth ponies and Pegsai was seen within all the orbs. For unicorns their horns were placed inside some sort of crystal design while the others were merely restrained within the orbs. There was a strange hum through the air like it was charged with energy. The hum was felt throughout them, almost like a breeze.

There was a low lying blue fog that obscured the ground. Ever so slightly the fog seemed to pulse almost like ripples on a pond. Magloria's mane and tail would passively pulsate upon her close proximity to it, she were relishing in the feeling of the passive magic flowing into her. All of the ponies in side of the orbs though seemed to be frozen - in a stasis lock, actually. To that end she would smirk hungrily at this.

"You know I am doing them all a favor in a sense. I am prolonging their lives. If they stay within those orbs, they may very well find themselves immortal. They are in stasis but their mana replenishment will act as it does normally. There is a difference between living and non-living magic. If it is living, its period of replenishment is predictable from pony to pony. Non-living magic, while useful is hard to come by. Our land is populated by many millions of ponies. The rest you can judge yourself." she commented casually, her voice taking upon a more graceful manner. It lacked hostility, at this point. In her mind she saw no reason to continue to be hostile towards someone she was intending to recruit as her ally, or rather pawn. Magloria had many goals - Immortality was one of them.

What was of note was the way the crystals and orbs were. It was unlike anything he likely saw before, the way they looked and the hue they gave off was very strange. "All of this will have to be moved. Transported to another location. Everything. Luckily, I've prepared for that..." she spoke ominously, taking a gaze into his eyes. 

@Starforce

On 2022-02-13 at 3:18 AM, Magloria said:

"You know I am doing them all a favor in a sense. I am prolonging their lives. If they stay within those orbs, they may very well find themselves immortal. They are in stasis but their mana replenishment will act as it does normally. There is a difference between living and non-living magic. If it is living, its period of replenishment is predictable from pony to pony. Non-living magic, while useful is hard to come by. Our land is populated by many millions of ponies. The rest you can judge yourself." she commented casually, her voice taking upon a more graceful manner. It lacked hostility, at this point. In her mind she saw no reason to continue to be hostile towards someone she was intending to recruit as her ally, or rather pawn. Magloria had many goals - Immortality was one of them.

It were basically as he had assumed. Due to her ice magic, of course she had frozen them down solid. Piled up like statues, or pieces of art. Though more likely warnings and statements, for those unfortunately enough to come in here. A threat, silently spelling out to intruders or *guest* that this is what waited them.

He'd admit that he found it a little... Ghoulish, but there were a certain serenity to it all. Long as you did not think about the poor souls trapped in their cold prisons.

"There is undead magic too, but not in Equestria. Not in the way you'd want, at least. It's too... Pure is a strong term... Pleasant perhaps, in nature.

I'm not gonna tamper with your storage, but I think you overestimate how much you're doing for them. Maybe they won't age, but they won't live either, and all they knew, will wither away and die. If ever they come out, some will have been out of the loop for years. So much to catch up on. So many loved ones, and friends, thinking you dead, and moving on without you. Whatever lives once had, destroyed by the desire of another...

No, there's no kindness in this."

His eyes would be transfixed on them, though it appeared from the way his voice had lost focus, and his gaze seemed to look beyond these, that his mind were elsewhere for a brief moment. Then he'd smirk slightly, and look away from them, right back at Magloria. Now his gaze were as it had been before, like his little moment had never passed.

"Then again, neither is there in letting them see everything that's been taken. So then, oh mistress, whatever wish you to do now?"

On 2022-02-13 at 3:18 AM, Magloria said:

What was of note was the way the crystals and orbs were. It was unlike anything he likely saw before, the way they looked and the hue they gave off was very strange. "All of this will have to be moved. Transported to another location. Everything. Luckily, I've prepared for that..." she spoke ominously, taking a gaze into his eyes. 

"A backup plan? How refreshing. The amount of fools I've run into, who were so set that they had everything covered, and then failed when that did not last, are staggering. At least my new employer are not as shortsighted as those.

I assume it means you have a backup location? Hopefully not near where you were before. If they can find my tracks there, I'm afraid to say that Lava Plumage will simply melt the entire thing, and likely the nearby areas too, in his attempt at finding something. And no, he cares little if either of us would be there as he did so. He's a far less kind and gentle creature than I am."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria seemed very much unphased by his comments about her storage. Her expression remained stoic and unreadable for the most part, with a vague hint of pride in what she did to those ponies. It was not so much the act of what she did to them, but what she was going to use their magic for. Of course, that was the most important part that best be unspoken of. Her gaze would turn as she looked into his eyes coldly as she would reply to his word.

"I'd be a fool not to have a backup plan. So many don't and that's their own fault. It is somewhat amusing how those openly flaunt themselves to be so mighty, only to fail at their own fallacies in the end. There's a reason why I don't go out into the world and throw my weight around. Might be too much heavy for me." she spoke metaphorically, putting a hoof to her chin as she admired her collection for a second or two. "I have many places. This just so happens to be my main. There are others, hmm. Ah, I know which one I'll make my new main." she concluded after a few moments of thought. The one in the Green Mountains seemed the most promising. It was the only other place she stored ponies, there were only two or three there. It would be an adjustment to make but it was one that would be sorely needed. 

"The most important thing is to get these out of here and into the other location. Everything else, we'll cross there eventually. Come." she beckoned, walking forward like a soldier as she approached the blue orbs and began to move her hooves over them, drawing various glyphs on the ground with her hooves. The glyphs were done in specific patterns and strange forms that he had never really seen before, but it was somewhat similar to the ones that she drew before. It was likely a place for a teleportation spell. Luckily, in her other lair she had a large store of her magic there so it would be far easier to establish a 'link' between the two places. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to do it.

"While I do this, I am going to need you to explain to me what you were like before you came into your organization that you work for." she spoke in a fashion that wasn't going to take no for an answer. The more she knew about him the better. 

@Starforce

On 2022-02-18 at 3:13 AM, Magloria said:

"The most important thing is to get these out of here and into the other location. Everything else, we'll cross there eventually. Come." she beckoned, walking forward like a soldier as she approached the blue orbs and began to move her hooves over them, drawing various glyphs on the ground with her hooves. The glyphs were done in specific patterns and strange forms that he had never really seen before, but it was somewhat similar to the ones that she drew before. It was likely a place for a teleportation spell. Luckily, in her other lair she had a large store of her magic there so it would be far easier to establish a 'link' between the two places. Otherwise she wouldn't be able to do it.

Ah, runes of this nature. It had been some time since he last saw those, but they were familiar in nature to him. Not that he had the faintest idea how they worked, or what they meant, just because he had seen something like them before though. He were a musician, not a runesmith, or dryad. He didn't deal in runes, or odd symbols. That were more the style for others who had need for it, to channel their spells, or prepare traps of some kind. Those like Crackle Stick.

...Creepy old geezer...

That beside, he figured that these were meant for some sort of transportation spell, and perhaps a trap, just in case. Didn't take a genius to figure that first bit out, since they were here to move the merchandise, after all.

*sigh* Good his cats had seemingly decided that now, were as good a time as ever to curl up together, and have a small nap. They didn't like seeing runes being drawn, since it reminded them of Stick, and they didn't like the diamond dog either. Neither did his own kind, but there were some pretty good reasons for that.

"As you wish."

In any case, for the time being, it were just his role to follow, and do as told. Which were very little right now, as this were her moment. Left plenty of time to think. At least until she asked something, which he figured were just a matter of time, before it came up.

On 2022-02-18 at 3:13 AM, Magloria said:

"While I do this, I am going to need you to explain to me what you were like before you came into your organization that you work for." she spoke in a fashion that wasn't going to take no for an answer. The more she knew about him the better. 

"At what point? Before, or after my rise to infamy?

Before my turning point, I were a normal, close-minded fool. I had honed my craft as little more, than a way to make my performances better, as I worked in the Canterlot Royal Theater. And in my time there, I were a performance that drew many there. I wasn't as proficient in things as now, but I did my job as a tenor splendidly, and empowered my orchestra, to perform better than you would think.

I had a life worth living, and were satisfied. Until life came, and brutally forced my eyes open, to the ugliness of the world. And then I couldn't return to my blissful ignorance, anymore.

So I started anew. I lingered in shadows, with the only two in the world, that mattered to me. And I practiced. Taught myself how to twist and empower. Pushing my skills far above the pathetic ways I used it before. And when everything were ready, I began hunting.

You'd be amazed, how little cares for those who are known to be guilty, but hides behind law, station, or money. When they go missing, the searches are half hearted, and the assumptions of something horrendous happening to them, something which brings joy. My prey, as it were. Kept to sing their songs for me, in their lovely, tormented screams."

A small shiver of joy went through him as he remembered a few of those *songs*. The smile on his face widening slightly, telling too that he found enjoyment in this. A clearly cruel kind too, if you gazed upon the predatory, hungry look that came over his eyes, at the memories fleetingly passed by.

"I'm not unreasonable. Once I were sure they'd confess to everything, I'd deliver them back, to whomever I believed should have them. What happened to them after that? Now, isn't that a fun question? Hmhm.

In any case, a few years back, The Undercourt tracked me down, and got me back to their lair. I would either then work for them, and limit my work, or they'd have me delivered to a particular noblemare, who would be more than a little pleased, to find who were responsible for her husbands... Condition. Something I had little interest in, seeing how she had just taken his spot, after I took him. Dreadful business it would be, were I to be caught by her.

Honestly, I've had half the mind the last few months to go there, and subject her to the same cruelty I did him. She deserves it just as much, and I don't fear the wrath of nobles. Pathetic, arrogant creatures the lot of them. So sure they're safe to do whatever they please, without consequence. There's something immensely enrichening, to get to where you can see by the look in their eyes, that they realize they were wrong. I will always enjoy, watching their hope die."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

As she drew the runes she took his words to heart and pondered over them. It seemed that his beginnings were more the usual but then something happened to where he got involved in his current line of work. Something was off and she didn't like that one bit. As she grabbed one of the orbs and twisted it off of its foundation she looked into his eyes with that same soul piercing glare.

"You take too much pleasure with what you do although If I were in your position I do not think I would be much different. I find your eagerness to be not all that palatable. Perhaps we should re-think your loyalties and galvanize your eagerness to serve a different purpose." she prosed with a grin as she gathered the orb into the rune and began moving the other ones into the runes in a similar manner, it would take some time. "I would say you are wondering what my motive is. I aim for the fall of nobles. You have seen them yourselves. Mayors, wealthy, even the crown - all of them are one in the same. I hope you can realize how corrupt they are. I have to do what I have to do." she narrowed her eyes.

"My primary goal is the realization that Alicorns are not fit in their current state. We look up to them as gods and so few realize how stupid and blind that is. I am tired of this idle praise and nonsense. Complacency within the zone of comfort stifles growth and progress. Without progress, our society goes more and more off into the deep end while our crown entrenches its lies further and further." she spoke with fervor and passion. Her semblence of self control had vanished in that brief moment but that was intentional. She wanted him to see the look in her eyes - and for him to never forget it. Magloria wanted to make use of her passion as a way to play at his own. 

After she finished up with the orbs, at least half of them were gathered into the circles. Magloria would draw more circles around them. She'd step back and the orbs would pulse as one like blinking lights before there would be a whooshing sound and a blue flash and they were suddenly gone from the area. Off to her other lair, evidently. That was part of the process, and she began moving the circles with her hooves on the floor over to another area as she prepared to deal with the rest of them. 

@Starforce

On 2022-02-20 at 5:39 AM, Magloria said:

"You take too much pleasure with what you do although If I were in your position I do not think I would be much different. I find your eagerness to be not all that palatable. Perhaps we should re-think your loyalties and galvanize your eagerness to serve a different purpose."

"Doing what I did, I could chose to either become suicidal, or embrace it. So yes, I came to enjoy myself. And whenever I felt a tinge of guilt, I'd remind myself of all the things, those in my care had done. Perspective can be a riveting motivator."

He didn't respond to him finding a new purpose. In his position, if she wanted him to become a dog groomer or something, he did not have the power to deny her. Though he'd certainly be dismayed. Dogs tended not to like him, and the feeling were mutual. It should not be a surprise to anypony, that he were a cat equine. And his girls did not like other fluffy things around anyway, as they saw it as competition for his affection. Though they'd tolerate their presence to a certain extend, depending on the cat. And depending on what creature it were, due to them still being predators by nature. Cats did like hunting after all, albeit not all were great at it.

On 2022-02-20 at 5:39 AM, Magloria said:

"I would say you are wondering what my motive is. I aim for the fall of nobles. You have seen them yourselves. Mayors, wealthy, even the crown - all of them are one in the same. I hope you can realize how corrupt they are. I have to do what I have to do." she narrowed her eyes.

"My primary goal is the realization that Alicorns are not fit in their current state. We look up to them as gods and so few realize how stupid and blind that is. I am tired of this idle praise and nonsense. Complacency within the zone of comfort stifles growth and progress. Without progress, our society goes more and more off into the deep end while our crown entrenches its lies further and further." she spoke with fervor and passion. Her semblence of self control had vanished in that brief moment but that was intentional. She wanted him to see the look in her eyes - and for him to never forget it. Magloria wanted to make use of her passion as a way to play at his own.

The more she spoke, the more predatory and pleased, his gaze became, as he stared right back into her eyes, without the inkling to blink. One might think that if he were not observed, he'd slowly lick himself around the lips, savoring the moment, before unspeakable things would happen. Usually when he looked this way at others, the hairs on their necks began to rise, and they'd back away, since nothing good ever came, from any creature, that looked towards another like that.

"You aim to make the nobles fall? And even the crown? A lofty goal, if ever I heard it. Yet one that sounds oh so sweet to my ears.

Not all in power are corrupt, but it is so few, compared to those who think themselves above consequence. Perpetuating a broken system, because it works for them, whilst the common pony suffers. And the princesses only helps further it. They fear the loss of the monarchy, and letting the nobles answer for their crimes, would be the first step, towards the end for them. If you knew the blood that's being shed, to keep things as they are. The things they bury, that they do towards their own, that's never talked about- It can drive a sane pony mad.

Hmhmhm. Perhaps I shall come to enjoy this arrangement of ours, more than I had anticipated."

Maybe he should see through her deception, but honestly, some part of him, probably didn't want to. It were so few who cared to do something, when they got a glimpse of how things truly were, beneath the glamorous coat of paint, that everypony saw the kingdom through. They were all so afraid to do something, and end up *vanishing*, or worse. And those who did do something, had to make use of tactics that marked them as enemies, because being peaceful would just have you set up as a deranged lunatic. Just another crazy pony, spouting nonsense. Or another corpse, lying forgotten under unmarked stones.

Regarding what were happening next, he'd remain silent, and merely observe as the victims were ported away, to who knew where. He were sure he'd see where, eventually. Hopefully someplace with a bit more warmth. Seriously, his cats wouldn't thrive in frozen caves like this.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Contrary to what he may think there was no real deception on Magloria's part. What she was speaking about was part of what she genuinely wanted. The fall of the nobles and the crown, and the rise of something else to take it's place. Magloria herself had no intentions to rule over others with how chaotic that would be. At the very least she could tear such a system down and await the results. Without nobles and alicorns, the world would be far better off. Who would raise the sun and moon though, without the two princesses? She'd surely come up with something. Perhaps she'd steal their power and make a machine, hide it somewhere, so the Sun and Moon can rise on their own. That was far more sensible than having two living ponies have such a responsibility. 

To most his smile there would raise hairs on their backs. Magloria remained unwavering in her expression which returned to normal. For a few moments she maintained silence as she gathered up the rest of the orbs and they were all teleported away to wherever she was teleporting them from. All of them were gone now, and she had done so rather quickly. It's very much possible that she has done this done this before, that being a possible reason as to why she was so good at the motions she was doing. Once it was gone she'd cast a spell, and all traces of her magic would quickly vanish. The room was dark and their figures were only illuminated by the other lights down the other halls. Magloria would walk towards him as she speaks. 

"For your sake - and for the sake of the world I hope you are telling the truth in how you feel about this. Of course I will have to adjust my plans to accommodate you - the first step will be to help me remove everything out of this establishment I have here. Then we will go to my other base. From there, we shall see. Come." she spoke as she would lead him down the hall and to the various doorways. With her magic one of the doors opened, revealing a large selection of weaponry ranging from crystalline crossbows, magical grenades, and the like. All of it was kept in crystal boxes that kept it all neat, and unable to be accessed by those who couldn't manipulate the crystal.

"This is my armory. Well, part of it. You will lift these boxes and put them in the center of the room. I will handle the rest. You will help me in moving my materials as I see fit." she spoke in an authoritative manner as she would enter in a room on the opposite side, and begin taking some things that he didn't see and stuffing them into a bag. He didn't know what they were, but by the time she had walked out a few moments later the bag itself was gone. Definitely something she was hiding from him intentionally. 

@Starforce

On 2022-02-24 at 7:52 AM, Magloria said:

"For your sake - and for the sake of the world I hope you are telling the truth in how you feel about this. Of course I will have to adjust my plans to accommodate you - the first step will be to help me remove everything out of this establishment I have here. Then we will go to my other base. From there, we shall see. Come." she spoke as she would lead him down the hall and to the various doorways. With her magic one of the doors opened, revealing a large selection of weaponry ranging from crystalline crossbows, magical grenades, and the like. All of it was kept in crystal boxes that kept it all neat, and unable to be accessed by those who couldn't manipulate the crystal.

"I have my reasons for distrusting the monarchy, and for my immeasurable want, to see most of the nobles brought low, with their whole legacy grounded to dust around them. Do you really, honestly believe, that the law would care one bit about me, were it only regular criminals I *invited* to my studio?

Hmhm. No, the difference between a villain, a vigilante, and a pariah, is whom you target."

He wouldn't be arrogant enough to call himself a hero. The mere notion of that were laughable. He employed far too cruel methods for that distinction, and didn't go out his way to protect others, as much as just perpetrate those who had already wronged. Though he'd maintain he were a vigilante, and would have been seen as an overall positive influence on Equestria, if it weren't for those he targeted at times. That being those with connections. Scum were scum in his eyes, but some scum, unfortunately had influence.

He'd follow, as she revealed her armory to him. All of it of course, encased so that he couldn't reach it, but merely see it, through it's frame. Honestly, where were the trust?

On 2022-02-24 at 7:52 AM, Magloria said:

"This is my armory. Well, part of it. You will lift these boxes and put them in the center of the room. I will handle the rest. You will help me in moving my materials as I see fit." she spoke in an authoritative manner as she would enter in a room on the opposite side, and begin taking some things that he didn't see and stuffing them into a bag. He didn't know what they were, but by the time she had walked out a few moments later the bag itself was gone. Definitely something she was hiding from him intentionally. 

"You know, this would be a lot easier, without this little horn hat. But I'll get it done. Girls? Time to get out of your little hideout. I don't want to accidentally crunch on you."

The cats would come out, though they still weren't a fan of this place, nor Magloria. Falsetto openly glared at the mare, clearly not liking that she had to spend any degree of time around her, and would move elsewhere, to be away from her. Sonata would try a few meows though. She weren't a big fan, due to the fight before, but... She liked being petted, and getting attention.

Even if she got it, she too would eventually wander off, and wander around the room, exploring, whilst Operata moved boxes around. Something he were not thrilled about, as this were menial labor, of a sort he thought utterly overcomplicated. She could obviously take him in a fight, and even had his weapon, so why not just let him levitate it all in, so they could be on the way faster? This were merely an unreasonable amount of time wasted.

As for his strength... He were a unicorn. Might be he were used to using some muscle, but he were still a magic user first and foremost, more focused on being nimble, rather than bulky. So he'd be pretty average in physical prowess.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Hmph. If thats what you want to say than that's what it is I suppose. Not that I care all that much, what others do beyond my vision doesn't concern me in the least. Although I am glad that you agree with the notion of the nobles being brought down like the scum that they are." she spoke casually as she watched him begin to move the boxes like she had wanted. While he had looked away there was a vile grin across her face as she watched him do her dirty work for her. 

Magloria didn't seem to mind what his cats were up to. The other doors were shut so they wouldn't be able to knock over or get into anything important. Magloria seemed to ignore their presence but a part of her she would never admit - she was tempted to pet one of the cats. Not that she would, though. Operata could see her moving some boxes around. Contained in these boxes were various food stores. Magloria had raided a military facility a while ago and stole all of their MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat), so whatever food she had ate in the past few years was all military food. It was something she found herself fond of making him eat, when the time came.

There were also stolen royal guard armor that she intended to experiment upon. There were lots of armor in here, stored in various crates. Opening up one of the crates she would proceed to put it on. It was a guardsmare's armor. Of the Crystal Empire, if looks proved anything. Smirking at this, she'd put the armor on rather quickly. It fit her perfectly. If she had known about Operata's arrival earlier she would have put this armor on but now it was on her now. She was going to wear this as much as possible. It made her feel a bit more authoritative and she even had the weaponry that came with the armor mounted to it. It looked like she had modified the armor a bit to suit her aims, and it's original nametag was scratched off. It was likely one of the ponies she abducted was a guardsmare, if this was any indications.

Putting the various crates and boxes in the center of the room she would do similar glyphs on the ground and the boxes would all vanish shortly. A lot of them were closed though, so he had no way to really see what was within them. By this time she'd look over to see if he was done moving her equipment for her. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Starforce

On 2022-02-27 at 9:59 PM, Magloria said:

"Hmph. If thats what you want to say than that's what it is I suppose. Not that I care all that much, what others do beyond my vision doesn't concern me in the least. Although I am glad that you agree with the notion of the nobles being brought down like the scum that they are." she spoke casually as she watched him begin to move the boxes like she had wanted. While he had looked away there was a vile grin across her face as she watched him do her dirty work for her. 

"Most, yes. There are a few whom I think should still lose the title, as nobles as a concept, need to cease to exist, but should not have harm come to them. A few who do their best, and foals, who have not been made arrogant, by position and power. A small percentage perhaps, but if all are judged the same, without thought, I'd be no better than them. And I refuse to stoop That low."

Sure he'd torture and malm. Kidnap, hurt mental and physically. The occasional theft and extortion. Harsh stuff really, but he only hit those who deserved it, lest he were forced to do otherwise, by the Undercourt. And even then, he'd be lenient, and kind... Ish. He still had a job to do, but he would keep some control, to ensure they could make it easily afterwards. It would just look a lot worse than it would be.

If ever she wanted to pet a cat, she could, without it being known. It wasn't like Operata could actually speak with his cats. He just understood their general moods, and wants, from having them for so long, and caring well for them. Only somewhat clue there'd be, would be Sonata looking more pleased. Long as there were no harming done to her, of course. She would not be pleased, if for example, Magloria would pet her against the fut, or pushing too hard. She was a cat, not a living snowman. If she started to be rough, Magloria would have to accept, that she simply had to let go.

On 2022-02-27 at 9:59 PM, Magloria said:

Putting the various crates and boxes in the center of the room she would do similar glyphs on the ground and the boxes would all vanish shortly. A lot of them were closed though, so he had no way to really see what was within them. By this time she'd look over to see if he was done moving her equipment for her. 

He were mostly done. Again, she had limited him, by not making him have access to magic. Quite rude of her honestly, but she were the boss, so what could he do? Currently, that answer would be nothing. They'd see how things evolved, as he worked his way up the henchman ladder.

When he were finally done, his girls would be chasing light, reflecting through the crystals, and he'd feel tired. He were not build for such menial labor, despite him being quite able. It made use of muscles, that he did not use much, outside of carrying kidnapping victims. And the slouched over bodies, were easier than crates.

"There. Your quarry have been moved. Or am I the fortunate one, who will now be shown a room, that have four times the amount of things?"

He'd eye her equipment, and mentally go through a list, before speaking again. Would take a little bit, but eventually, he'd get a name to speak of.

"...Guardsmare of the Crystal Empire: Lazarus Green. Went missing... Four, or seven moons ago, yes? She were on the list. A guard that should know better, than to vanish in the wild. That one sparked demands for investigation, if I remember right."

He might not, and were mixing others together. He cared little honestly. He had just wanted to go here, get the job done, and get back in the warmth. Dreadful place, these frozen wastes, despite how beautiful they were.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria would look to the area where the boxes once were. She was pleased with her results, that these sensitive artifacts would not come in the hands of anyone dangerous. Remind herself, that the best way to deal with this base was to destroy it once she had evacuated all her items out of it. The other one she had planned, was at a far more isolated location. What that would be though, would be up for Operata to discover in the future. 
Honestly, she found herself annoyed that she had to keep watch of him when if she was doing this alone, it could have already been done by now if she didn't have to spend time watching over, and conversing with someone else. At least she could could cut most of that out, and only communicate in the most basic of terms. No more information was to be revealed to him. He already knew what he needed to know.

An opposite door would open up across the hallway. "There. Do the same over there. This is what we will be eating for the foreseeable future. It does the job." she spoke simply, with zero emotion in her word. When he looked, he would see that the room there thankfully contained the same amount of materials. This one was mostly food storage. Mainly military meals, and the like. Looked to be a combination of Crystal Empire and Royal Guard military rations. It was all Magloria needed to eat. Eating was for the bare necessities and not for pleasure. She wasn't one to eat for pleasure, in the least. If he cared to look close enough, the food there was the most basic of nutrition. No enjoyment. Just getting the job done. This is what he had to look forward to eating, it seemed. 

While he was busy looking over and organizing those crates, she would walk over to the ones he had organized for her she would perform the same motions with her hooves on the ground. The various glyphs were drawn, and with a flash of her horn all those crates would vanish. Two rooms down. Four to go. If he glanced at her, she could see that her expression was also largely emotionless as well. What a truly interesting mare, she was. 

@Starforce

On 2022-03-08 at 8:36 AM, Magloria said:

An opposite door would open up across the hallway. "There. Do the same over there. This is what we will be eating for the foreseeable future. It does the job." she spoke simply, with zero emotion in her word. When he looked, he would see that the room there thankfully contained the same amount of materials. This one was mostly food storage. Mainly military meals, and the like. Looked to be a combination of Crystal Empire and Royal Guard military rations. It was all Magloria needed to eat. Eating was for the bare necessities and not for pleasure. She wasn't one to eat for pleasure, in the least. If he cared to look close enough, the food there was the most basic of nutrition. No enjoyment. Just getting the job done. This is what he had to look forward to eating, it seemed. 

He wouldn't show it as he looked at her, but as he turned to go and deal with the next room, he'd roll his eyes. This were a dreadful waste of time and talent, and it just kept on. How dreary, and cumbersome. He shuddered to think how she would make this worse from now.

The answer came when he saw what exactly, it were that he were about to move. Their apparent food storages, though he had a hard time to call these military rations, anything resembling proper food. Tasteless and bland, it were nothing but the simplest way to pack nutrition, for forces with other things to do. And this were seemingly all they had? Bleargh. He'd sooner cultivate his own garden, than get used to this tasteless muck.  There were a reason that it wasn't used as the sole food source for ponies, with nothing else, for too long of a period. It wasn't meant to be eaten as the only thing, as it were depressing for most. It technically could, but you had to have something wrong with you, to think it acceptable as food.

He were going to need to educate this mare on proper cooking it seemed. And likely do all of it too, but it were better than this, which were only a smidgeon better than powdered food. And if that were what this all were, he would've done them both a favor, and burned it. Or tossed it into an ocean- Something. He wouldn't eat that himself and he certainly wouldn't feed his girls such trash.

As for their food needs, this were worthless. Unless there were some pet food hidden in the depths of these crates somewhere, he only had what were in his saddlebag for them, and that wouldn't last long. He'd have to assert where they'd end up, and figure something out. Maybe there were a stream, and he could fish for them, at the very least.

On 2022-03-08 at 8:36 AM, Magloria said:

While he was busy looking over and organizing those crates, she would walk over to the ones he had organized for her she would perform the same motions with her hooves on the ground. The various glyphs were drawn, and with a flash of her horn all those crates would vanish. Two rooms down. Four to go. If he glanced at her, she could see that her expression was also largely emotionless as well. What a truly interesting mare, she was. 

Whilst Operata were busy dealing with even more, pointlessly done, menial labor, Sonata had followed him, and started to look around. maybe her nose could find there were some sort of pet food in these crates. If not, she'd eventually tire of sniffing around the crates, as there were nothing even remotely interesting inside, it appeared.

Would it kill the military, to understand the concept of seasoning, at the very least?

Falsetto meanwhile, were sitting some meters from Magloria, and looking at what she were doing. Judging her with this feline eyes of hers, as she silently observed what this one were doing. Even though it wasn't always easy to see emotions on a cat's face, hers seemed to show mistrust pretty well. Might be that she had made crates go away now, but what were next? One of them, as a warning to the others? And where to? And why did she make their food giver, waste his time using his back, when she then just used magic? Why were she punishing him?

@Blitz Boom

Operata could feel that the food crates were rather heavy all things considered. He could see that many of them were rather recent - no doubt Magloria had prepared for something big to where she would have to have such a large store. Surely, such a mare would be able to go a diner in disguise and get something nicer for herself? None of these were opened after all. Some of them even had plastic wrapping on them which would show that they had been even more recent than he would have thought. It seemed a lot of these were directly from Canterlot, while some were from the Crystal Empire if the different labels were any indications. 

The food storage was enough to feed a dozen ponies for at least a few years. Maybe Magloria was hoarding it for herself or maybe she had some sort of larger plan in place. It seemed to be the most likely case. Once he moved the cares enough he could see some sort of trophy. It had the name "Magloria" on it and it was dated to 20 years ago. If he looked close enough on the trophy, it said something about having the best archery skills of a certain organization. The actual organization's name and logo was scratched out on purpose, but from the design of the trophy it seemed to be from something rather official. Yet he couldn't put his hoof on it. On the back of the trophy there was an image of Magloria herself standing proudly with distinction on a stand with a medal across her chest. She looked young, dignified, full of promise and hope. But where did that all go? Did she still have that? Or was the image being taken long after she started her plans? So many questions unanswered.

Sonata would likely smell the military food. Some of it had a smell to it, but it's nothing like a cat would eat. Like dried spaghetti, crackers, stuff like that. Although if his cats were able to, they may be able to eat crackers (much like my cats from time to time). 

Meanwhile Magloria was finishing up with her glyphs she'd look to the cat. "Right. I forgot about the cats...there is always a wrench thrown in everything I do no matter what. I'll have to get his companions some food eventually." she muttered to herself, already feeling regret at what she did here. 

@Starforce

Operata had halted briefly, as he gazed upon the depiction of a younger Magloria. The likely true name of his current mistress. A better time in her life it seemed, full of hope, and ambition. Twenty years past, she seemed to have been a rising archer in her own right. And yet now... What happened, between then and now? What did life do to break her, to the point where she wanted others to suffer? Considering her want to dismantle those higher up, he could imagine that whatever it were, it were done by some with considerable influence. A noble perhaps, or even one of the princesses. A victim of Celestia's hidden experiments, by chance? One of those, who had been made victims, for the sake of what she considered a better purpose?

He'd clutch the trophy, and stare hard at the picture, which were on the trophy, before putting it aside, and moving the rest. Seemed there were quite a few things that he could perhaps sympathize with, yet he needed more context. But he were thinking that perhaps, here were one who had not frozen him as others, for a reason, beyond wanting a lackey to do her dirty work. His tentative freedom, may well come from her to some extend, understand his own point of view.

As for the archery in itself, he had not a single clue where the specific trophy may be from. He had never had an ounce of interest in the practice, and as such, did not even watch others train it. It were impressive to do, do not get him wrong, but it simply wasn't a passion of his.

He'd finish setting over the rest of the boxes, and would then wander back to the room that Magloria were in. Carrying her trophy, in full view, as to show that he had found it.

"I am assuming this is not meant to be packed, along with the *food*, but get a separate container? It laid hidden behind the *food* you have been stockpiling.

As for said *food*, for the love of everything, do not tell me you have punished yourself by eating that, as is, for too long? It might be edible, but it is the epitome of blandness, only meant for sustenance, and no joy. I will personally dig out herbs to add even a hint of spice to this, if that is what it takes, because this is not acceptable, as equine food. Nor cat food, I might add. There is but a few things that could work as a light snack, but nothing with sustenance. Is wherever we're going, as bland and barren as here, or are there something for me to get to them? Some mice, birds, a stream of fish, perhaps?

I am not asking for a direct location. I just want to know if it is livable habitat."

He had slummed it in nature before, and knew what to make use of there. In parts because he used certain poisons in his *lessons*, but he had no interest in poisoning them in mind, at this current point in time. He'd taste test everything, if that were her want, but for the love of everything, it were not acceptable to eat that... Trash, for a lack of a better word.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria met his gaze and her icy blue magic took the trophy in her magic. With a dull and almost irritated look she would look over the trophy. "Forgot this was here. If I remembered - I wouldn't have had you organize those crates for me. You are probably curious about that. I won't tell you when or where the photo was taken but those were deceptively better times. That stinging feeling one has - when one wants to go back, only to find themselves gutted they find themselves trapped in the present. It's not a present. It's a curse." she rolled her eyes and snorted. Underneath that controlled exterior expression she usually had, he could tell that she was a deeply passionate and easily emotional pony.  There was a veneer of something in her tone though, he couldn't tell what it was.

As she looked to him she'd walk to the room he was in and survey his look. Her expression returned to 'normal' as she surveyed the room and began to draw up various runes much like before. "When you live off of something long enough you learn to toughen up and get used to it. When something others consider stale - but you consider it a luxury, is when you know you've succeeded. Where we are going is certainly not bland nor barren. You'll find out - but it's a long way from here. So don't get any ideas." she narrowed her eyes, and finished up the runes that she was drawing on the ground. With an almost organic like pulse from her horn, the crates vanished. Again after they vanished, she would sweep the room with anti-magic spell. It felt tingly, for both him and his cats. 

Now then - she would proceed towards the last two doors. Her magic opened both of them. On the left, there was a large selection of various kinds of armor. It all seemed to be various crystal balls, globes, and all sorts of stuff like that. It was more fancy stuff. Perhaps a collection? All of the globes were very nice looking and had their labels scratched out, their places of origin scratched out. But from the looks of it, all of them were made of a specific type of crystal. Perhaps some kind of magic storage? In the room she was in, if he looked - there were armor stands with various types of armor but the armor she was wearing was the most tough. 

@Starforce

On 2022-03-14 at 5:00 AM, Magloria said:

"Forgot this was here. If I remembered - I wouldn't have had you organize those crates for me. You are probably curious about that. I won't tell you when or where the photo was taken but those were deceptively better times. That stinging feeling one has - when one wants to go back, only to find themselves gutted they find themselves trapped in the present. It's not a present. It's a curse." she rolled her eyes and snorted. Underneath that controlled exterior expression she usually had, he could tell that she was a deeply passionate and easily emotional pony.  There was a veneer of something in her tone though, he couldn't tell what it was.

He had a pretty strong inkling as to what the tone in her voice were, but he'd let her have her privacy on this. No need to start to analyze her, and potentially bringing her ire over him, for an action which - were he in her shoes - he'd find infuriating.

"I understand, and that is why I am not going to ask. Having your eyes opened, to the harsh reality, doesn't happen via good experiences. And like you said, there's no going back. There is only memories, and the bitter reality.

Hm. But as said, I won't dig into it. You had your breaking point, as had I. Best to leave it at that, for the time being."

Perhaps in time, they could get to share stories on this, but that would require at least some degree of trust, and they were not there yet, from either side, and she could not make him tell her his story. He'd refuse. Recollecting it, always caused pain, and speaking of it, he could not avoid the mental images anymore. So he'd prefer it were simply left alone, just as she likely would, for her own breaking point.

If she looked at him, perhaps she'd find that in his eyes, he'd gaze at her with a tinge of sympathy, but mostly understanding. He didn't want sympathy, just as he could imagine she wouldn't either, so he'd offer her this, at least. From one broken pony to another. She could do with that as she would.

"When you live off of something long enough you learn to toughen up and get used to it. When something others consider stale - but you consider it a luxury, is when you know you've succeeded. Where we are going is certainly not bland nor barren. You'll find out - but it's a long way from here. So don't get any ideas." she narrowed her eyes, and finished up the runes that she was drawing on the ground. With an almost organic like pulse from her horn, the crates vanished. Again after they vanished, she would sweep the room with anti-magic spell. It felt tingly, for both him and his cats. 

"The only idea I have, is about proper diet. Think it a luxury if you will, but if I'm going to be a servant, I might as well do it properly, and ensure your starving taste buds gets some life back into them. Being efficient is fine, but self torture, through bad diet, isn't. Besides, I'm going to be here too now, so this is as much for me, as it is you."

He had barely finished, before the tingling feeling came over him. Yet it didn't affect his cats in the slightest. The reason being that they hadn't followed them. They were in one of the other rooms, and exploring, and would come to them, until a few minutes after that.

Now then - she would proceed towards the last two doors. Her magic opened both of them. On the left, there was a large selection of various kinds of armor. It all seemed to be various crystal balls, globes, and all sorts of stuff like that. It was more fancy stuff. Perhaps a collection? All of the globes were very nice looking and had their labels scratched out, their places of origin scratched out. But from the looks of it, all of them were made of a specific type of crystal. Perhaps some kind of magic storage? In the room she was in, if he looked - there were armor stands with various types of armor but the armor she was wearing was the most tough. 

As the cats joined up with them, they'd wander on each side of Operata, as they got to a very dull room. Sort of.

He were kind of interested in how she got these things, but he wasn't a seer for instance, so the crystal balls meant nothing for him. Armor were not really his style either, as he found it heavy, and cumbersome. As well as quite ugly, he might add, so he rarely focused on it, beyond where the breaking points were. As for weapons, he used a magical baton. What made anyone think, that he knew how a sword were properly swung?

Granted, a few of the things here were pretty to look at. He'd give them that. And he did have a fondness for crystals to some extend, as he used that decoratively, as well as for his batons. Yet overall, there were not much that caught his interest here, beyond wondering where she had stolen all of this from.

"The weapons and armor, I get. But where did you even manage to steal a shipment of crystal balls?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

As Magloria grabbed one of the armor stands she would for a moment consider some of the things he had said to her. Although, she wouldn't comment further on the trophy that he managed to find. That was best left something unspoken about. She had already had too much revealed about herself - or so she felt. In knowing that, she thought that there were no other instances that were going to result in a similar situation. Thinking ahead to the location where they were going, she knew that there would be no further instances of this.

On his comments of food - that were honestly a convincing argument but going out to get food would likely draw attention to themselves. They were two very different ponies from the common folk. Magloria could perhaps use a disguise in order to get food with, but that'd require leaving him somewhere. Ah! It was just too complicated of an idea to consider right now, especially when the current contexts weighed heavily on her mind. "That would not be worth the effort. Luxuries are not worth the risk. The two of us, walking into a diner? Word would spread like wildfire instantly." she spoke with clear disapproval, of that idea. "Although, eating off the land will be fine by me. There will be streams, and wilderness where we go next. Your companions will be pleased." she added to her statement there, trying to convince him otherwise. Magloria was straight to the point, with no sugar coating her statement. 

"I got it from various places over the years. The trick is to not only rely on one source. To gather your wares from sources which are not connected. At different times. Under different disguises." she spoke somewhat cryptically, before gathering up the armor stands in the manner that she did with the other things that she did before.

@Starforce

On 2022-03-16 at 8:26 PM, Magloria said:

"That would not be worth the effort. Luxuries are not worth the risk. The two of us, walking into a diner? Word would spread like wildfire instantly." she spoke with clear disapproval, of that idea. "Although, eating off the land will be fine by me. There will be streams, and wilderness where we go next. Your companions will be pleased."

"Never said to walk into a diner. I'm talking food, not a date. If there's wildlife, there's plants. And if there's plants, there's spices. I just have to roam around for them some.

Yes yes, I will taste everything myself first, to prove it's not poisonous. I may not be the best chef there is, but I have relied on myself enough for a long time, that I know what I am doing, and it can only taste better than the things you have, on their own.

You two are going to be happy too. Less cat food, and more fresh fish."

Both cats looked up at him as he said that, then over on Magloria. Falsetto still looked dismayed, but Sonata were actively purring at the thought. It seemed that the cats at least liked this aspect.

On 2022-03-16 at 8:26 PM, Magloria said:

"I got it from various places over the years. The trick is to not only rely on one source. To gather your wares from sources which are not connected. At different times. Under different disguises." she spoke somewhat cryptically, before gathering up the armor stands in the manner that she did with the other things that she did before.

"Even then, you're just hoarding at this point. Not even a great seer, would be able to use all of these crystal balls, at once. Unless they're attuned scrying orbs, I fail to see the point in them all, beyond novelty.

Let me guess though: Carry it all into the middle of the room again?"

The droll theme of today, it seemed. And just imagine, once they had moved to a new location, he'd have the privilege of putting it all in place again. How delightful to finally have found the elevated station in life, that he apparently had strived for, all of these years.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria nodded silently as she finished of collecting everything in her current room into a pile. With a blue flash, all of the items had vanished. She considered what he spoke, though. "I suppose if you are to cook for me and gather food, you are fulfilling your duty that I have set for you. The wastes of the North are a good place to hide. But it seems as though that won't be the case for much longer." she remarked coldly, before looking over to him.

"Carry it all to the middle of the room. Once you are finished with that we will be departing this area permanently. It is a shame, since this was not something that I have built. I simply found this location and expanded upon it. But alas, that will be in the past. I will have to cause a Collapse throughout this cave to cover for any activities I have caused here. It will look like a natural collapse, so that when anyone else arrives to search for you all they will find is a collapsed cave which will be very well covered over by snow by then." she spoke, her horn beginning to charge up a spell for something of that nature. It had to be pretty big, so she was going to take the time to slowly charge something up first. 

@Starforce

On 2022-03-19 at 8:16 PM, Magloria said:

"I suppose if you are to cook for me and gather food, you are fulfilling your duty that I have set for you. The wastes of the North are a good place to hide. But it seems as though that won't be the case for much longer." she remarked coldly, before looking over to him.

"Soon as Lava Plume gets here, he won't leave it as nice and pristine as it is now. You may think me as many things, but I am, if nothing else, a delicate instrument of sorts. I cut where needs be, and try not to make too much fanfare. Lava Plume is not the same. He is an indiscriminate brute. Is he sent to deal with something, he will destroy everything, and everypony, in said area.

You have been isolated here for some time, but perhaps you still get some news, of the outside world? Have you heard of Sunnyvale? Used to be one of the smaller bordertowns, leading towards Caneighda., taken over by cultists, that burned the town to the ground? Hmph. Propaganda. Lava Plume was the one there, sent to deal with one higher ranking member of the town, starting to meddle with a few minor artifacts. Council didn't know who might follow him, and didn't want to risk any spillover. So they sent him. A blunt instrument, to deal with a delicate matter...

As you can imagine, there were no survivors. That is whom they said they'd send, if I didn't return. You can imagine then, what little concern there is for your hostages, over simply ensuring you won't slip away again."

There were many reasons that he detested Lava Plume, but his reckless disregard for casualties, were the primary one. Operata wouldn't say he didn't have his fair share of sins, that he may one day have to atone for, but he had his limits, and mowing down the many, to get to the few, were firmly against his ideals. Now make them nauseous, or lose consciousness? That he'd done. Wasn't fatal after all.

On 2022-03-19 at 8:16 PM, Magloria said:

"Carry it all to the middle of the room. Once you are finished with that we will be departing this area permanently. It is a shame, since this was not something that I have built. I simply found this location and expanded upon it. But alas, that will be in the past. I will have to cause a Collapse throughout this cave to cover for any activities I have caused here. It will look like a natural collapse, so that when anyone else arrives to search for you all they will find is a collapsed cave which will be very well covered over by snow by then." she spoke, her horn beginning to charge up a spell for something of that nature. It had to be pretty big, so she was going to take the time to slowly charge something up first.

Delightful. More menial lifting work. Were she sure she not simply did this, to show him his place? If so, it were uncalled for. He knew it well already, after their fight. But alas, she seemed stuck in her ways. Least she had accepted that he made them something more palatable than the filth she had been eating thus far. Gods, to eat that, without even a hint of spices... Dreadful thought.

"We'll see if the tunnels being collapsed, is going to stop him from inspecting them. Or rather, let's not be. Let us be far from here, away from the odds of being boiled in molten magma."

He weren't the biggest fan of the cold, but it were still better than being melted.

That being said, he may still end up partaking in that, or getting crushed in a cave-in, if he delayed further, judging by how she were charging up a spell of some magnitude. So he would work as fast as he were able, to bring the boxes where they needed to be. He'd also call on his cats, to stay close to him, just in case. They'd end up laying side by side, on one of the boxes he had already put down, tails swaying in unison, and eyes following his movements closely. He should be able to be done, before the spell were cast.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Magloria looks to him with a hard glare as he talked about Lava Plume. Such power and disregard for life - it was nothing similar to her. No. She was not like that. She didn't recklessly trounce her power on the face of the world. Magloria had no regrets about what she did to those ponies, but nor did she have the desire to cause reckless causalities. Such disregard for the land and all others around him. While sure, he might have his purposes facing off against monstrous hordes, but destroying an entire town like that? It made her cringe in hatred.

"Such disregard for all those around him. Exactly those who I detest the most - perhaps even more than the nobles themselves. I find it disgusting that those you worked for would employ someone like that. Fate will not rest his name admirably, I can assure you of that." she scoffed before turning away and collecting her thoughts for a moment or so as her spell gathered its intensity. She'd wait for him to sort all of the boxes as he had done before. Of course, she wouldn't cast such a spell when the two of them were within the confines of this area.

Magloria would let him take the time he needed. She were a lot more patient this time one could say - but that was only due to her charging up the spell. When he was done sorting everything she would nod in approval and step forward. A blue flash wiped over the boxes and they were all gone in a flash as well as the crystal orbs themselves. Of course, he may have moved his cats before the boxes were telported off. With her hooves, she'd draw another set of runes on the far edge of the wall. It was for their transport, to wherever Magloria had in mind. 

"Step over here. Take your last look around this place because it isn't going to exist any longer." she motioned for him to step over to the runes with his cats. Once he had done so she'd look away and her horn would spark dangerously. It crackled like lightning and shined much like a small sun. Before that crackling ball would fling off down the hall, and begin to spread out its energy slowly. It was a magical bomb of some kind. Within the bomb, was an anti-magic element that would delete all traces of magic once the bomb had detonated. The yield of this bomb was enough to collapse the entire cavern and artificial structures they were in. 

If Operata had done nothing else, Magloria would have teleported the three of them off to another location. 

@Starforce

On 2022-03-23 at 6:25 PM, Magloria said:

"Such disregard for all those around him. Exactly those who I detest the most - perhaps even more than the nobles themselves. I find it disgusting that those you worked for would employ someone like that. Fate will not rest his name admirably, I can assure you of that."

"By all means, flay him if you get the chance. The only one who'd miss him, is not much better than him, though I'd rather not speak of her. Her name is a curse. Literally. Spoken out loud, it invokes her, and makes her alert of you. I couldn't even begin to describe, nor want to know the details, of the dark magic she have been toying with, for such a result. Yet I've seen it happen, and the only one who tends to say her name, all but reluctantly now, are Lava Plume. They have a thing, though I fear what might spring from their pairing, and pray it will never come to pass."

He couldn't even think her name, as he weren't sure if that didn't tingle her senses regardless. Best not to risk it, considering what were going to happen here soon. The less clues, the better. If you could call what would be left here, once Lava Plume were done, anything else than a lake. He was not subtle about his methods.

He'd continue his work, to make sure that everything were in order, and as he placed the last box down, his cats would jump off of the box they had been on, and up on his back. From there, they'd lean over his front, and he'd open up his jacket, to allow them access to their little cave of warmth. Though he'd leave an opening, where they'd both stick their heads out of. He knew well that there were a smell of sweat now too, that wasn't too pleasant for their noses. So at around his neck, he'd now have two cats, stick their heads out, and look around. Like a weirdly shaped kangaroo.

On 2022-03-23 at 6:25 PM, Magloria said:

"Step over here. Take your last look around this place because it isn't going to exist any longer." she motioned for him to step over to the runes with his cats. Once he had done so she'd look away and her horn would spark dangerously. It crackled like lightning and shined much like a small sun. Before that crackling ball would fling off down the hall, and begin to spread out its energy slowly. It was a magical bomb of some kind. Within the bomb, was an anti-magic element that would delete all traces of magic once the bomb had detonated. The yield of this bomb was enough to collapse the entire cavern and artificial structures they were in. 

If Operata had done nothing else, Magloria would have teleported the three of them off to another location. 

He wouldn't do a thing as everything unfolded, and just stay close. Something told him that whatever would happen, were going to be substantial. And boy was he right A powerful display of magic, though more than that, the anti-magic made the small hairs on the back of his neck, stand on edge a little. He did not like the sensation that came, from being around that sort of thing, and it encasing his horn in some capacity, was bad enough.

Thankfully he wouldn't be able to *enjoy* the sensation long, before they'd be transported away, to gods knew where. Hopefully it would be warmer, though from what she had said, it sorta had to be. Though he could imagine, she could keep ice there regardless. He'd object to sleeping on that though. He wouldn't be useful, if his torso had frostbite. Surely she'd understand that argument, at least.

"Ah, home sweet home. Wherever said home might be now."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The crackling ball of light shone through the now empty halls of the cavern they were just within. In an instant it exploded, it's shockwaves spreading throughout the entire cavern itself. The ceilings and walls caved in upon the cascading shockwaves. From one wall to the next they would all crumble. This would cascade into the ceiling collapsing down within the cavern. All of the rooms were destroyed in succession. Soon enough, the entire cavern and any evidence of habitation was gone. From the exterior of the mountain there was only a short rumble. The mountain range itself was simply far too large to feel the destruction of a cavern on the interior of it. In all accounts, the cavern never existed. The entrance itself would have been collapsed in, a dead end if one was to enter far enough inside. That is, if anyone was able to find it through the miles and miles of snow.

Meanwhile, Magloria stepped away from where they were. There are not any indications where they have arrived just yet. The walls were...green? As in, the rock that they were carved out of. That would likely strike him a surprise. Ahead, there was a large cavity that opened up into a larger space than the ones before. With her horn, various blue torches lit up along the walls. Creating an eerie vibe cast over. As they lit up, it revealed that this area was far larger than the other place. With a few hallways stretching out and curving around bends. 

"Welcome. We are a long way away from where we were. Come - and I will show you just where we are." she spoke to him, the items she had him all gather up were nowhere to be found. Likely in the other rooms that compromised this place. If he followed her, she would begin leading him towards the exit. She chose not to comment on what he said prior about Lava Plumage, not wanting to Jinx the situation so to speak. 

@Starforce

Huh, green rocks... Maybe they were in a jade mine? It were hard to tell if the rocks were green, or if it were crystal, but it could well be a large place, that perhaps were once an old jade mine. The Blackwater Quarry had the biggest active one, but jade hadn't always been a profitable thing, and so, a few mines might still lay abandoned and forgotten, in various places. Though if it were the rocks that were green, he wasn't sure. Likely had something to do with the mineral composition, which would mean that a educated pony, could likely narrow down were they were. However, he weren't a geologist, so that simply wasn't happening. To him, it was jade, or unusual, and either way, he still couldn't tell where they were.

"Long as it's not freezing and barren, it's an improvement. By all means, present this secondary home of yours, and let us see what there is to work with then. Stay in there for now girls. Just until we know its safe."

Two disappointed meows followed that comment. It were a new location, and it didn't seem to be utterly frozen, like the other place had been. Might be there were interesting things to explore. Even if they were somewhat reliable to be focused at times, they were still cats. They wanted to experience. the area proper.

• Brohoof 1