Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning OOC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Props Valroa

@WinterS

I could be a lot more graphic. My first year in RP, was as a cannibal, that tortured his victims. I've come far since that forum. xD But while I'm... Pushing things a bit here, I'll avoid going too graphic. Just dancing near the edge, so if the mods think it's getting too bad, I can edit things easily, without messing with the flow too much. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Take your time, don't worry about it. I hope that my posts are up to par with your own, I know that I do not have to really do as much since you are playing multiple characters and describing the settings, but still I worry that my posts are too short. 

@Props

I'm confused by the post. Might I ask for clarity? I am not sure, if Spectra bit note, in how the filly were Veil, before Mindstorm got hold of her. My mind might just be tired, and not noticing it, so just wanting to make sure. Her personality is one, where I can't say for certain, if she would just more or less glaze overe the fact, that the companion they have with them, are about 12 years old, and her talks about never being able to go home, refers to how she can never return to her family, and friends. Operata is affected by this, and before I have him sneer back, I just want to make sure that we are both on the same page here. :) Best not to have any awkward mistakes there, is it not?

I just sorta figured she'd have a stronger reaction, to this, is all. She have seemed to get increasingly emotional, as things went on. But she may of course, also just be focusing on the task ahead, and focusing on the fact too, that sitting about, and weeping over this, won't change a thing. Spectra definitely strikes me as one, who would have the sort of *tough empathy* going, but always best to be sure.

Also, you made a nice post.  Best save some magic though. They'll soon get to Mindstorm. ^^

@Blitz Boom

If you are lead to the question of Veil being referred to as a filly - then perhaps either I mistyped it, or you misread it. If Veil is a filly...then I was the one who misread that all from the get go. It never crossed my mind that Veil would be that young, I just assumed she was of 'adult' age, more or less. But that's no issue by me, just glad I know now.

As for the empathy thing, now she does indeed have a bit towards them. If anything in her mind, it cements their loyalty - and she wants to cement the fact that she is in command to them, by showing them 'tough love' in these moments. She is a bit more affected then one may let on, in these situations, it would be natural, even for her.

@Props

Veil is the filly, aye. She got trapped in the barrier, a few years past, but she'd still about 12-13. Theres a reason why I have her seem somewhat clingy, longing for home, uncomfortable with danger, and such, yet due to where she is, still depressed, and somewhat jaded.

You can treat her as an adult though. She had to grow up fast, so to speak, and her new body, is one molded after an adult kitsune. You'll get why it is that her, and others, appear to be fake version of others, soon enough. It will all make sense. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Hope you liked a bit more of revealing of Spectra’s nature. It may not come off as clear as it should, maybe since I wrote this at 1 AM, but I hope it is understandable. 

Here is a bit of a thing to consider, too. Should you ever find a way to “reform” Spectra, there will be a lot of unexpected results to that. Won’t say what it is, if and when that happens.

@Props

I think it suits her, that it were revealed like this. She seem to be vague at times, when it comes to herself, so it makes sense that even the reveal, are vague, and hard to interpret. It makes it seem, as if it comes natural to her, to be like that. Like she had hidden herself so long, that even when she cracks, she doesn't know how to properly show things :) Something like that at least.

As for the reform, no idea if it happens. I sorta just go with the flow. :) ^_^

Also, here we have the reveal, of Duke Mindstorm. I hope all the various clues, have come together, to make this the obvious end result. 

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

That is indeed what I was going for. She has been the way she is for centuries, if not longer than the actual founding of Equestria herself. While that does not mean she was walking among ponies for all that time, that does mean that her natural lifespan has likely been extended to some kind of degree, although I will keep that purposefully vague for now until more about her is revealed in the future. 

As for Mindstorm's end reveal, it was only fitting that he modified himself to this degree. I look forward to this part, especially. 

@Blitz Boom

I apologize for the wait. I had various things keeping me busy the past couple of days. This 'reveal' has been something I have had in my mind for a while, for Spectra. The image in the post itself is just something I found, it's not mine - just a representation of what her form approximately looks like.

I know that in your latest post you didn't describe any windows in the room. I hope you do not mind my statement of there being Windows there - as I thought that it would be good for a more dramatic effect here. If you want me to edit this, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

@Props ValRoa

It should be mentioned, that I originally had envisioned that she would kill him. But I could use a recurring villain for... Things. Including in this thread, as things move on. So he'll come back at a later date, and we'll see how things will go by then. :) Though I still left some goodies, so that it feels like you get something for your victory. Outta remember to leave some loot after all, once the boss is down. ^^

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Do you mind if I have the staff re-locate the roleplay to the advanced roleplay section? I feel like it is more fitting there, considering the nature of this RP is much more lengthy and drawn out than most others here. I quite enjoyed the reading of your reply, btw.

@Props ValRoa

I only just noticed, that Fright and Operata, use the same color. I will change hers from the next post, to make it easier. I did something wrong it seems, since I can't change it right now. A bit odd, but for visibility's sake, her text, is the sideways one.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

As I went along with Malevolence, I started to think of things, and as Fright got involved, I had a better idea of what Malevolence as a whole, actually were, and why she would be concerned, over what route Spectra might go. I hope the explanation here, have shed some light on things. If not, lemme know, and I will correct things. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Makes perfect sense. Malevolence is a force of nature that is part of what mortals have manifested. It can never force anyone but for those who listen? Become quite dangerous. Each time, it gets more nefarious and destructive.

I detailed more of Spectral Fade. I went with a more interesting twist, I hope it is interesting to you. Of course it's more so for your reading pleasure to keep in mind for the future. A lot of things I completely just make up on the spot and have no real plan, I wing it and see where it leads.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...