Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom

Quick question, since there seems to be some confusion. 

22 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I know them both,

While this statement is true, I don't think it is for the reasons you think it is. So far as I'm aware, Null has not met the pegasus that Arcade and Ardee have been interacting with, unless I made a mistake?

• Shocked 1

@Illiad Easle

Regarding Null being angy, remember that she is just in general a mare who responds to a lot of things, with initiate anger. She had seen the kitsune before, knew Ardee was gone, assumed the pegasus were another troublemaker she had heard of- She auto responds to it by flaring up.

Might be she doesn't yell at others all the time anymore, but that's because she's gotten better at stopping the anger from controlling her mouth. That still doesn't mean her thoughts and glare doesn't still reflect what's going on. You can see that in how her inner dialogue is a lot of negativity, paranoia, and bracing for the worst.

She's still a broken mare. It'll take years, more therapy, and Arcade, to help her slowly dissipate that inner fire, that kept her going over the last few decades.

@Blitz Boom

I was more referring to the fact that up until this point the pegasus has only been described as helpful, and was the one who called for security, so while I could understand her being suspicious, angry seems like an overreaction before she realizes who the pegasus actually is.

But she's you're character play her as you will. I look forward to her reaction to this next turn of events.

• Delighted Giggle 1

@Illiad Easle

It's a tense situation they're getting into currently. She'd be on edge already by Ardee being gone, and her hyping herself up for having to fight Basher. Might still have been a bit far? I can't tell honestly. The week or so before I get my B12 injection, I'm constantly tired, so I miss stuff at times.

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

Actually, do you want to RP Cherish and Teal presenting and then listening to the other presentations? Or would you be okay with just a summary of the other presentations?

I don't want to put a bunch of effort into a pair of oral reports if you're not super interested since I don't really have much planned for the other two group's reports.

If you just want the summaries, then I can move ahead to the next segment in my next post.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

To be honest, I was mostly including them in an effort to dump a bunch of lore into the story without it just being a dump of lore.

I'll give the rest of the information in a summary in my next post, then we can move that story to the next phase.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I'm more than a little disappointed that Null didn't respond to my favorite line: (I say more in a "darn, I thought that would be more impactful" sort of way, but maybe Null has other things to worry about?)

On 2024-03-03 at 7:55 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The tendrils tightened, causing him to wince, "I have to say, that is a tempting offer. But you're not the first one to offer it to me. And the last mare who promised me redemption for doing her tasks tried to execute me afterwards. So forgive me if I'm less inclined to believe you than I did Celestia."

I'll do my post sometime tomorrow if you want to add something, I guess she can consider this internally later or ask someone else.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

I wanted to, but considering how fast he'd seemingly get out of things, I figured it'd make sense to focus things here. The right here and now, is trying to get him to surrender, or at least be able to say that she gave him the chance. Questions about Celestia aren't immediately important.

Also, I had trouble making it fit in with the flow at the time. I'll try and incorporate some thoughts on the matter.

@Illiad Easle

I wrote the name of the therapist somewhere, but I couldn't find it. xD I'll try and have it ready for next time. Which might first be next week, I'm afraid. Mixture of work and family about to fill my week here. :/ Sorry for that.

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Sorry for the delays mate. You wrote just as I were going off for a few days, and then when I came back, and were about to write again, the forums went down for a couple of days. And now they are up, I need to leave until Tuesday again. :/

I'll see if I can find some spare time to write before that on the phone, but I can't make promises sadly. Busy Easter time.

@Blitz Boom

I totally get it, I'm actually on a family trip at the moment. If you want to just put your initial reactions in the ooc, that will hold me over until you can write a proper response. But no worries if that isn't possible.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Managed to get something done on the bus.

i didn't know how to actually approach the sort of lesson Sooth Sayer might give, but... Hopefully this sorta works. If not, lemme know, and I'll try and think of something.

@Blitz Boom

I think it's a good introduction to her character, and I had Gypsum give Sooth some suggestions, but basically I was thinking Sooth could speak on how trauma can affect marks, their meaning and understanding, or how they might be obtained, but that trauma does not mean that they are broken, or that marks earned through trauma mean that that trauma was necessary or required in their lives.

Mostly this is to speak to three of them:

• Elef is deeply traumatized by Rare's death at his hooves, and still blames himself for her death. He fears he does not deserve a mark after what he did, given he caused her to never get a mark.
  • Toupé worries that something is wrong, since her mark isn't what she was told it would be. She also is aware of more than she lets on, namely that she was the subject of experiments, and she worries that her mark reflects that more than who she is.
  • Nova earned his mark in the even where his parents died, and he saved his sister. His mark reminds him of this trauma, and it is only Lilac's presence that softens the trauma.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas, I can give more ideas or brainstorm something here if you want.

• Excited 1

@Illiad Easle

Wrote something now. If that isn't what you meant though, I haven't gotten the faintest idea how to incorporate things. I can't exactly have her use specific foals as examples, as that is highly unprofessional, and shows a clear lack of respect. I tried to touch on most things though.

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Just for the record, I have zero idea how to go though an actual therapy session. So uh... If it comes down to that, I probably need to be more of a descriptive figure, rather than one asking direct questions. I'd probably mess something up horrendously otherwise.

@Blitz Boom

No worries, I don't have much experience with therapy either. I just thought it made the most sense for where Elef would be able to open up about his trauma. If you want, when we get there we can start with some general chat, getting Elef comfortable with the idea of sharing and confident that nothing he says will be shared, then he will reveal his trauma. At that point I can generate the questions and structure with AI, and we can use that to guide the session. We can also rough out the session here before doing the full RP of it to make sure it doesn't get ruined.

• Excited 1