Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Yeah sorry, things have been a little hectic in real life. I'm fine. Working on the post now, as we are speaking.

I had figured Ardee might be convinced to train with wing blades, as she prides herself on how good she is at controlling them. Figured Null would begin with regular first, to see what she could do though, but wing blades - and hence Spartrot - might be an option later. I don't think the griffons would work well though. They were her flight instructors. That may give the wrong impression.

As for The Mist, I never assumed there were an attraction in that manner. Just curiosity, in some fashion. Perhaps something manipulative, at worst.

Ardee... Well, Void is overly concerned right now, and may have some assumptions about the feather. It will not be her primary focus though.

And I think I like how things are currently. Nothing that makes me questions things at this stage. We're good. :)

@Blitz Boom

No worries!

Just one clarification, her instructors were pegasi, not griffons. The griffons she's interacted with were Boss and Heavy, Boss was the griffon that got them out of the deep science facility, and Heavy was the one that went with them to the gates of Tartarus.

@Illiad Easle

Question: Are you in the camp of those thinking that reformed changelings, lost their ability to change forms, or not?

Personally, I don't see why they'd lose that. They'd just not have as much of a need for it, when there were no longer a reason to infiltrate, or take over others lives.

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

I completely blanked on the greeting part. xD And I couldn't find anything to work with online so uh... Cheesing it a bit here, and hoping it'll work next time. Sorry.

Oh right, and the part about shapeshifting being a thing, but generally not taken into use? I'll keep that in mind. Sound like an interesting choice to have made.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Nothing to add, with the two other changelings. Consider them more of a... Convenient tool to use, if needed for story purposes. They are essentially now, a link between The Mist, and Bling after all. As well as being changelings in his employ, if he needs their particular sort of skillset, for whatever reason. Got no issue letting them sit on the sideline, until the day where they might perhaps get used for something. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

I like how you keep trying to convince Bling that Cheshire is dead. I think this is the third attempt? It ain't gonna work. :) Not until Rasputin returns, with Pirouette.

In regards to that actually. I am assuming in the RP, but might as well be sure. He would not want to be talked about, when it came to those like the consul, correct? They wouldn't be aware of his role (or Bling wouldn't at least) as an envoy of Karma, but just in general, as he is a figure of importance, and Rasputin might want to have as few beings as possible know? How would he have dealt with rumors, that he were there? Others would have seen him, and some would inevitably have talked. So what're his instructions, and measures to - if he wanted complete secrecy - deal with that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Illiad Easle

I dunno if you're one of those thinking there's only 1 draconequui. If so, I can edit out things, but I like taking small bits and stuff from other things I've done, to fill in things, and add some story here and there. Worry not, I'm not gonna bring an actual draconequui in here, unless requested. I am aware of the impact they can have. :) I just figured it'd be a good way to put in an example for Ardee, beyond just Discord.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I'm of the opinion that Draconequui are rare, but that Discord is not the only one. Similar to Alicorns they can be born naturally, or made through magic.

Fury for instance, who exists in the Æther Project story, is a Draconequis who was once an Earth Pony. He became a Draconequis through contact of a strange magical artifact, which he guards to ensure no others will be transformed like he was.

Further, Draconequui are not exclusively Chaos-aligned, but I'd say aligned with strong natural or emotional forces, typically negative ones, while Alicorns are the same but in more positive directions.

So no worries.

Edited by Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Pretty much the same way I see it. Fright is one I have made, for a more nuanced one. One created out of magic and fear, to become the spirit of it. She'd do what it were she did, changing shapes, working off of the fears of others, but not with malice in mind. She were just following her nature, and her want to have others around her, however briefly. Until she met one she couldn't scare, because he accepted his fears, along with the rest of his flaws, and embraced them. He's the one who reformed her, and showed her other ways, for her to work with her nature.

In my thread, she's running a meditation center. She still needs fears to grow strong, and survive, but instead of terrifying others, she lifts it from them. It eases their minds, and feeds her, whilst letting her have company, and not be chased down. No point in hunting for what is essentially harmless. This is also one reason why she does not change shape often anymore, but shows her real form. She is innately terrifying to look at for most, thus even those who have little to fear at first, will give her nourishment, whilst she gives them peace of mind. She's essentially feeding off of them like a changeling, but without causing any long term harm.

It follows my chars theme, of more than one layer to them. Sometimes that goes better than others, but I find Fright tends to work.

Fury as you mention, is a good, multi layer draconequus too. One with more to it than the typical *I am a draconequus. I essentially look like Discord, but with different hair, and I am powerful.*, that tends to pop up. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

I'll have a post up shortly, but I was wondering:

I don't exactly have a lot more planned for the young ponies, and I mostly set up the school so that we could free Void back up if you wanted her involved in other things. Alternatively, if you are interested in the foals at school, would you be interested in supplying your own student character? That way you can be involved when the young ponies are at school, even when Opal is not teaching.

Otherwise, we can just gloss over when the young ponies are at school, and revisit them when we come up with something interesting to happen.

Thoughts?