Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Magloria

@Props ValRoa

17 hours ago, Spectral Fade said:

"To think that such a great and powerful Kingdom would fall to annexation to the Equestrians in time. No more would it's streets be filled with the banners of Green and Gold, nor would it be filled with the bells ringing whenever noon would strike. It's streets would be forgotten. Built over. Replaced with the banners of Equestria, it's hearts hollow of what lay before them. Time is a harsh mistress. One day I'll find out for real what happened to them." she said thoughtfully, but shrugged.

"I wish you luck in your endeavors. As said, I know that some of them, in time, began to intermingle and join the nobles. If you have inquiries, perhaps they hold at least some knowledge, of what happened to those who joined there, and how the last days of the full empire they had went. It will not answer the end, but still, there may be answers to what happened before that, which can be enlightening."

She honestly did not know what answers there might be. There were much in this world she did not know, and while she could give some clues, based on who, and what she knew, answers about Arcadia from her, were limited in scope. Though she didn't know what of worth, might be there to learn. Mayhap nothing, and it were just a tale, of a fallen kingdom, slowly falling apart. Maybe something more... It were up to Spectra to learn, and then see where that took her.

19 hours ago, Spectral Fade said:

"The history of your race would no doubt interest many. Myself included. Far predates anything - so I've heard. But what would come before that? Before ponies, before most, what started it all?"

"You would need to ask beings, far older than me. Even Discord I would imagine, have long since forgotten. I could well imagine, the only one who might have living memory of if not the beginning, then stories of what might have been, from ancient times, would be Ankalagon. The oldest of the elder dragons, and leader of the courier's guild. I may be old, but I am but an infant to him, and his memory if both vast, and exact.

Still, I recall one time, I heard another draconequui speak to himself, of places I did not see sense in being in our empire. Vast stretches of glittering trees, impossibly beautiful. Towers of light and radiating melodies, soothing the soul. Beings in shapes not of this world, and a glorious singularity, of peace and purpose. prosperity and freedom, with boundless possibilities He seemed to... Not fear it, but grow resentful. Like it reminded him of something, that were denied him, before taking a little light from his head, and throwing it away in anger, far, far into the horizon.

Maybe just mad ramblings, but it were unusual. Not that I knew him. I did not go around many others of my kind. Few wanted one near, that knew their greatest fears, so mostly I merely listened from the shadows. And as I know, not many of us remains, compared to what were back then. Some merely... Vanished into thin air, as the chaos lowered, and order came in. Some were just not meant to remain.

Yet still, this is ancient things. Whatever were before us, and before the war with order... I  have never found evidence of anything, yet were I to guess, I would think there were once harmony, and then, we were torn apart. By what? Why that were? I couldn't even begin to answer such a question."

14 hours ago, Spectral Fade said:

"I've never seen anything like it...what is that?" she asked as the water dissipated away. Spectra was more confused, if anything. It's design was most certainly odd to say the least. She wouldn't take any action towards it, just observing it for now.

"A sign of a world, where one extreme, triumphed and engulfed all.

Us of chaos, are often talked of, as being the worst, most dangerous threat to all, as our ways, goes against normal civilization. Yet I would argue, that Order is worse. We are perhaps not compatible, with towns and orderly ways, at our base, but what you see here, is what comes of a world, where there is nothing but order. This creature were either made from that concept, or more than likely, as order took over, it were reconstructed by them.

This is what pure, total order is. Uniform, simplistic, and meant to obey. For order itself, works by the singular goal, to make everything into an orderly world. And something as chaotic as free will, are the prime thing it wish to eradicate.

Before my creation, in times long, long gone, I were told there were a great battle between order and chaos in this world, and order lost. Then came the age of chaos, in which our empire flourished, til it were brought down around us. Now the world is as it should be: Balanced, between order, and chaos, making for better creatures, than either of us could have made. Orderly towns and structures, but the chaos of free will, and independence. Life as it should be. Not... This.

It seems harmless enough, but without directive, it will wander aimlessly. Perhaps it will regain some degree of self, but more than likely, it will latch on to the first that gives it orders, and serve their will. Mindless constructs, are simplistic things."

She spoke, yt she were ready to move on, soon as they were prepared too. They had a road to make, through the woods, past the obelisk, and then eventually, to the rattled town nearby, still trying to make sense of what had happened.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I wish you luck in your endeavors. As said, I know that some of them, in time, began to intermingle and join the nobles. If you have inquiries, perhaps they hold at least some knowledge, of what happened to those who joined there, and how the last days of the full empire they had went. It will not answer the end, but still, there may be answers to what happened before that, which can be enlightening."

She honestly did not know what answers there might be. There were much in this world she did not know, and while she could give some clues, based on who, and what she knew, answers about Arcadia from her, were limited in scope. Though she didn't know what of worth, might be there to learn. Mayhap nothing, and it were just a tale, of a fallen kingdom, slowly falling apart. Maybe something more... It were up to Spectra to learn, and then see where that took her.

One day Spectra would find out. Truth be told, at the very least she now had a better idea of what to look for and where to look.  These conversations only sought to perfect her understanding of things. There was nothing she wanted than sharpening her own swords for her own selfish reasons. If Spectra was a good mare, perhaps she would have more reasons to ask such questions.

"Who knows. Maybe I'll find out and see for myself. There are many things that must be met before finding that out...such as the nature of my being here." she spoke, and looked out over the town.

"You would need to ask beings, far older than me. Even Discord I would imagine, have long since forgotten. I could well imagine, the only one who might have living memory of if not the beginning, then stories of what might have been, from ancient times, would be Ankalagon. The oldest of the elder dragons, and leader of the courier's guild. I may be old, but I am but an infant to him, and his memory if both vast, and exact.

Still, I recall one time, I heard another draconequui speak to himself, of places I did not see sense in being in our empire. Vast stretches of glittering trees, impossibly beautiful. Towers of light and radiating melodies, soothing the soul. Beings in shapes not of this world, and a glorious singularity, of peace and purpose. prosperity and freedom, with boundless possibilities He seemed to... Not fear it, but grow resentful. Like it reminded him of something, that were denied him, before taking a little light from his head, and throwing it away in anger, far, far into the horizon.

Maybe just mad ramblings, but it were unusual. Not that I knew him. I did not go around many others of my kind. Few wanted one near, that knew their greatest fears, so mostly I merely listened from the shadows. And as I know, not many of us remains, compared to what were back then. Some merely... Vanished into thin air, as the chaos lowered, and order came in. Some were just not meant to remain.

Yet still, this is ancient things. Whatever were before us, and before the war with order... I  have never found evidence of anything, yet were I to guess, I would think there were once harmony, and then, we were torn apart. By what? Why that were? I couldn't even begin to answer such a question."

This is more or less what Spectra expected. That nobody would know the real answer, for sure. Ankalagon, at least from this description may be the one who would know such answers. She had no idea where she would be able to find such an individual though, and going all the way to the dragon lands would be a huge time expenditure for her. Something to consider, dragons were of immense power and unique magic. Capturing a few would prove to be valuable for her aims. One more school of magic she can master through the power of absorbtion. Definitely wasn't something she was crossing off the list, but it was for the future to fortell.

"There is so much that goes unknown that it is impossible to uncover it all. All of that has it's place, and it's value. One that I am not sure I am able to ascertain. Not now, and probably not in the future. There are some things I know enough to not mess with." she spoke. That was only half true, in her mind, she saw that everything would belong to her - including the world's history. "I have seen much in my time, but I have not seen anything like what you are describing..." she stated.

Speaking of her fears? She didn't want to go through a portal and end up in another dimension - thus losing all access to her magic, and essentially being rendered inert and powerless. Only her Windigo Magic would remain. But it would be a far cry from her at her best - which was of course supplemented by the sheer amount she had within her.

"A sign of a world, where one extreme, triumphed and engulfed all.

Us of chaos, are often talked of, as being the worst, most dangerous threat to all, as our ways, goes against normal civilization. Yet I would argue, that Order is worse. We are perhaps not compatible, with towns and orderly ways, at our base, but what you see here, is what comes of a world, where there is nothing but order. This creature were either made from that concept, or more than likely, as order took over, it were reconstructed by them.

This is what pure, total order is. Uniform, simplistic, and meant to obey. For order itself, works by the singular goal, to make everything into an orderly world. And something as chaotic as free will, are the prime thing it wish to eradicate.

Before my creation, in times long, long gone, I were told there were a great battle between order and chaos in this world, and order lost. Then came the age of chaos, in which our empire flourished, til it were brought down around us. Now the world is as it should be: Balanced, between order, and chaos, making for better creatures, than either of us could have made. Orderly towns and structures, but the chaos of free will, and independence. Life as it should be. Not... This.

It seems harmless enough, but without directive, it will wander aimlessly. Perhaps it will regain some degree of self, but more than likely, it will latch on to the first that gives it orders, and serve their will. Mindless constructs, are simplistic things."

She spoke, yet she were ready to move on, soon as they were prepared too. They had a road to make, through the woods, past the obelisk, and then eventually, to the rattled town nearby, still trying to make sense of what had happened.

This made sense to her. A universe of pure order and social control would mean no free will to do anything. Spectra agreed with Fright on this. It seemed as though somehow the concept of order was able to create what it wanted. Could that also be true for other concepts? She hadn't thought of something like that before, though. What she wanted though, was the creature that was seen. If it had an ability to take orders, perhaps it could prove useful for her? If not as a pawn, like Operata and Veil, than another captured subject.

"It is dangerous when universes bleed into the other. I haven't seen anything like this in person until now, and I find myself quite at a loss for words. I agree with you, though. Order and Chaos is a relationship to be balanced to create a stable state of affairs. What you say of the creature is interesting. I will be the one to do just that." she spoke, and would quickly walk over to the creature.

Spectra proceeded to order the creature to follow her. She wanted to see what would happen.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-11-07 at 7:25 AM, Spectral Fade said:

"There is so much that goes unknown that it is impossible to uncover it all. All of that has it's place, and it's value. One that I am not sure I am able to ascertain. Not now, and probably not in the future. There are some things I know enough to not mess with." she spoke. That was only half true, in her mind, she saw that everything would belong to her - including the world's history. "I have seen much in my time, but I have not seen anything like what you are describing..." she stated.

Speaking of her fears? She didn't want to go through a portal and end up in another dimension - thus losing all access to her magic, and essentially being rendered inert and powerless. Only her Windigo Magic would remain. But it would be a far cry from her at her best - which was of course supplemented by the sheer amount she had within her.

Fright were in a... Unique position. As the spirit of fear, she could see what terrified others the most. It were once upon a time, a skill she had used a lot, to then change form, and torment them, with their greater fears. A path she had laid behind her, yet she still saw, and it gave her some insight into others. Also scowls from a fair few of her own kin sadly. Draconequui were as vain and prideful as any dragon, and unwilling to show their weaknesses. That she could simply see them, were something they did not like. Made them feel vulnerable. Except those, who didn't care, such as Consumption. Always a very straight forward, open about things one, she were. She'd openly tell you what she thought of in the moment, and not give much of a care, about the consequences. There were something to be said for such raw honesty.

What she saw from Spectra, were not honesty. She saw the fears of one, who were afraid of losing power. A simplistic view, yet it weren't all. There were more, which seemed more... Nuanced, one might say. Things that made it hard to judge her character, at least for now. So she wouldn't push it in either direction, and simply consider Spectra a mare of interest, with a fluid moral compass. There were plenty of those, so she did not care much about singling her out for that, as a reason to strike, or something like it. It were all about what actions might come from her, as most creatures like this, were able to function fine enough, without causing potentially, widespread calamity.

"I have found no trace of it either. It may well just be mad ramblings, yet much of the past are a mystery, shrouded in the mists of time. Some will be uncovered. Others... Are perhaps best left to legends, and fleeting tales, from the ancient among us."

A world united harmoniously, sounded nice and balanced to her, yet if that had been true... What then happened? And why would the draconequui be bitter about it? Something of note must have happened, for it to end that way. Something bad, if it were real. And uncovering clues, might just reignite the flames of old, and cause something to emerge, which would have been better hidden.

On 2022-11-07 at 7:25 AM, Spectral Fade said:

"It is dangerous when universes bleed into the other. I haven't seen anything like this in person until now, and I find myself quite at a loss for words. I agree with you, though. Order and Chaos is a relationship to be balanced to create a stable state of affairs. What you say of the creature is interesting. I will be the one to do just that." she spoke, and would quickly walk over to the creature.

Spectra proceeded to order the creature to follow her. She wanted to see what would happen.

The creature would look up at her, the light in its eyes blinking in various patterns. It sadly did not understand, what she were saying, but if she started to move, it would follow. She had addressed it after all. Seemed she were its new overseer, odd as she appeared. It had to focus, and listen in well, so it might get to understand this odd language, and thus, could follow orders more directly.

Fright would follow the development, with no emotion really showing, whilst Operata and Veil just observed, unsure of what were going on. Falsetto and Sonata though? They'd cautiously get closer, curious as to what this creature were, but it currently did not pay them any heed.

"It seems like it might follow you... I suppose, it is better than it roaming, with idle hands. Be cautious though. Do not let it get the impression, that you want for it to connect you to its home. It does not seem able to, right now, but constructs can be adaptable creature. Who'd know, what could happen in a few centuries, if it thinks that an order?

Perhaps I am overly cautious, but I have heard enough of the great war, between order and chaos, to know that we do not want it to happen here again. We do not have the unity as we once had, and would be defeated, and indoctrinated.

Still, things to watch, as time passes. For the time being, does other things hold you here, or should the village be your stop now? I feel they wish for answers, and you should have plenty, that are more digestible, than what I have given you."

"The faster we may leave this place behind us, the better. There is naught but evil here, and I tire of remaining."

"I... Guess, everything is g-gone. There's no reason to stay."

If she were ready, they could make their way towards town, and a sight to behold it were. The first being all gazing at Fright, before a mint-green mist oozed from her, and fell upon the ground level of town, to about their ankles. The fear of all the gathered creatures seemed to vanish by then, leaving them confused, and looking between that creature, and Spectra. Most focusing on the latter, as more realized who it were. They wished for answers. And thus, the stage were hers.

Veil would hide behind Fright for now. She were not afraid, as Fright made that impossible, but she were a little nervous, and still unwilling to show herself to others.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would move towards the town and lead them onwards. She went silent on Fright's statements about the past. Perhaps Spectra would find that out someday, but it wasn't her main focus now. There was nothing to say about that further. Her eyes were cold, yet approving of when the creature would follow them. "You are to do what I say and when I do it. And nobody else will be telling you what to do." she would command to the creature, giving it further instructions to not listen to anyone else but her. Only her word mattered, after all. Her mind was very one track by this point, and appeared to more or less just be focused on what would come forward.

To what Fright was speaking of? Honestly she wasn't really that concerned about it. "That is for the future to be concerned of, which I am not. It is best we completely wrap up our time here and inform these ponies exactly of what has happened here. They deserve to know that much. They probably won't have much to offer other than our thanks, and that's good enough. Wonder what they will say..." she spoke in a slightly leering fashion as she moved forward. As the fear of the gathered crowds vanished, Spectra found herself both a combination of jealousy and realization that it was a lot easier without the excess fear to be had.

Spectra would look over the crowd with cold and harsh eyes. "Duke Mindstorm is no more. For he is claimed by a primordial force known as Malevolence. Hellbent on corruption and destruction of the world. He was never a good sort, even when his mind was intact. Now his mind is but dust to the wind. You never realized what was inside of that bubble the whole time. He could have escaped whenever he wanted. He was biding his time." her eyes narrowed, at that introduction.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-11-12 at 11:51 PM, Spectral Fade said:

"You are to do what I say and when I do it. And nobody else will be telling you what to do."

The lights blinked, but the creature still did not understand their language. So it would continue to follow, but wouldn't be able to accept any command given, as it still needed directions it could understand. Potentially via drawings.

Before they reached town, Operata would mention that perhaps it were best if he took the items they had liberated earlier, and kept i the background, while she addressed the town. As well as let go of the armor they may still be wearing at that point, though he had all but discarded his, and she had likely destroyed her, when transforming earlier, if any had remained. If that were the case, he would not bring up the armor, yet the items they had stolen, he would. Just using the word liberated instead, to avoid giving a worse impression to the draconequus following them.

He did not think it a good thing, that her victory moment, get ruined by some bringing up that they had stolen property with them. Though of course, if she could teleport the items to the cave, that would be far, far easier.

To what Fright was speaking of? Honestly she wasn't really that concerned about it. "That is for the future to be concerned of, which I am not. It is best we completely wrap up our time here and inform these ponies exactly of what has happened here. They deserve to know that much. They probably won't have much to offer other than our thanks, and that's good enough. Wonder what they will say..." she spoke in a slightly leering fashion as she moved forward. As the fear of the gathered crowds vanished, Spectra found herself both a combination of jealousy and realization that it was a lot easier without the excess fear to be had.

Fright were slightly more impressed with the mare, that she did not try and profit off of the misfortune this town had seen. From the looks of things, the buildings at the edge of town, had sustained structural damage, that would make them uninhabitable until repaired, and several others had cracks, that showed they might be worse off soon, if not handled. Tonight would have many a being without a safe place to rest...

This were not her moment, but Fright would do her part to help still, by bringing her floating hands to the ground, and as they hit, a few subtle pulses of magic would go out. The beings wouldn't feel it, but the magic would impact the structures, and help repair them. Cracks would mend, bend poles straightened, crumbling cement hardened... She would make sure the buildings were safe, yet for the pieces that had fallen off, that were for them to fix themselves, though it shouldn't be too hard for them to correct. Long as they would not fall down, she had done well, she would think. Not that she couldn't fix it all, but it did not seem her place to do, and she would think they'd need something to gather about, when the calm had eventually settled. It would help them as a community.

Spectra would look over the crowd with cold and harsh eyes. "Duke Mindstorm is no more. For he is claimed by a primordial force known as Malevolence. Hellbent on corruption and destruction of the world. He was never a good sort, even when his mind was intact. Now his mind is but dust to the wind. You never realized what was inside of that bubble the whole time. He could have escaped whenever he wanted. He was biding his time." her eyes narrowed, at that introduction.

The citizens looked confused. No small wonder. The shield were down, and whatever monsters that had been in there, were gone. In an instant, as several had advanced towards town even. And then suddenly... It were all gone. All over the town, the residents had been prepared for the worst, as they saw horrible, disgusting things going towards them, and a draconequus, fighting a windigo above them. That it were suddenly handled... They wouldn't have believed it, had they not seen with their own eyes, the things happening, as most things had been towered above the trees. Especially the huge draconequus from before.

"That thing before... The draconequus... That was Mindstorm? And then the Windigo..."

The one who spoke, were a stallion with a streak of grey hair, going down his mane. He wore a suit, and a large hat, likely indicating this to be the mayor. He lead the word, though all eyes were more or less on Spectra, the more were spoken, and the realization fell over them. Could they still fear, they may well have huddled, terrified at her, but it were currently not possible, so instead, they looked with caution, and wonder.

"Ma'am... We've heard much about windigos, but if you came here, and saved us.... Then the stories must not be all true.

Duke Mindstorm is someone we've known for all our lives. He were... A horrible, horrible pony. To see him not just freed, but turning into something even worse were... Terrifying, yes. But then suddenly, all were gone. This creature and you... You saved us. There is hardly enough words to find, to express our gratitude, but I offer all that we have, for your service. Thank you."

The mayor first, and then all others, would bow before her. It appeared they did indeed have little else to offer, although, something would be brought out, by the mayor. Something that were wrapped in thick, red cloth.

"It is ceremonial in nature, but we offer you this, a sign of our gratitude, and proof, if ever proof were needed, that we owe you an unsurmountable debt."

He'd unfold the cloth, to reveal a large, golden key, bearing the name of the town. Pure gold in fact, and not simply a layer, or paint. This had monetary value, though the symbol of it, might carry more. As the mayor said, it were proof of her deeds, and the fact that they owed her a debt., One she might one day come and collect, in one fashion or another.

"This we offer you, though we wish to ask... Who is it you wander with? What... Are you?"

"Me? I am but a helper, called upon to clean up the more... Unsightly details, and soothe troubled minds. I assure you, that all the honor for handling the pretend draconequui, goes to this young lady."

"And you are..."

"Yes. Though I leave as I arrive: Peacefully."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The lights blinked, but the creature still did not understand their language. So it would continue to follow, but wouldn't be able to accept any command given, as it still needed directions it could understand. Potentially via drawings.

Before they reached town, Operata would mention that perhaps it were best if he took the items they had liberated earlier, and kept i the background, while she addressed the town. As well as let go of the armor they may still be wearing at that point, though he had all but discarded his, and she had likely destroyed her, when transforming earlier, if any had remained. If that were the case, he would not bring up the armor, yet the items they had stolen, he would. Just using the word liberated instead, to avoid giving a worse impression to the draconequus following them.

He did not think it a good thing, that her victory moment, get ruined by some bringing up that they had stolen property with them. Though of course, if she could teleport the items to the cave, that would be far, far easier.

Spectra noticed the inability of the creature to understand. She had the idea of using drawings for it to understand, but that would come later. For now, she was satisfied with the creature following her about. When all was said and done, she would certainly take the time to teach the creature their language. She wasn't really sure what it was capable of doing or if it had any kind of value to her whatsoever - the worst that would happen would be that she just decides to put it in a magic bubble like with what she did with the others. Hopefully it was useful at combat.

During the combat with Malevolence - the armor she had stolen was completely destroyed in combat. However, she didn't use the stolen weaponry in the combat situations they were faced with. It was simply impossible for her to make any realistic use of it at the time, considering their opponents - and so she obliged, and gave Operata the weaponry she had. 

This is why it was useful to have Operata and various followers. She knew that they were her pawns, yes, but they were free to voice their opinions and state things that she didn't notice. Spectra wasn't some tyrant who wanted to silence everyone who opposed her, evidently. If only for practicality sake.

Fright were slightly more impressed with the mare, that she did not try and profit off of the misfortune this town had seen. From the looks of things, the buildings at the edge of town, had sustained structural damage, that would make them uninhabitable until repaired, and several others had cracks, that showed they might be worse off soon, if not handled. Tonight would have many a being without a safe place to rest...

This were not her moment, but Fright would do her part to help still, by bringing her floating hands to the ground, and as they hit, a few subtle pulses of magic would go out. The beings wouldn't feel it, but the magic would impact the structures, and help repair them. Cracks would mend, bend poles straightened, crumbling cement hardened... She would make sure the buildings were safe, yet for the pieces that had fallen off, that were for them to fix themselves, though it shouldn't be too hard for them to correct. Long as they would not fall down, she had done well, she would think. Not that she couldn't fix it all, but it did not seem her place to do, and she would think they'd need something to gather about, when the calm had eventually settled. It would help them as a community.

In Spectra's thoughts, all she wanted was the wealth and knowledge this town had offered her. Even if she wanted to overtly extract whatever wealth they had - they did not have much of it. Looking at the damaged buildings and destruction about the place. Her eyes watched somewhat coldly as Fright's magic would repair the structures somewhat. Spectra wasn't able to fix those structures, herself. Nor would she offer to fix them. All she wanted was something to gain.

What she had already given them was more than what structural fixes would achieve. She had practically saved the town. That alone was quite something. Her mind's altered perception of things meant that she did not really have a reaction to the scenery of the town. Perhaps there was something deep within her mind that did react - a small sliver of mercy, of love for others. Perhaps not. It had been buried back within her mind far, far too much for it to simply brought out.

That required someone knowledgeable in the mind - to be able to come close to fixing her. Her mind wasn't as simple as a damaged building, after all.

The citizens looked confused. No small wonder. The shield were down, and whatever monsters that had been in there, were gone. In an instant, as several had advanced towards town even. And then suddenly... It were all gone. All over the town, the residents had been prepared for the worst, as they saw horrible, disgusting things going towards them, and a draconequus, fighting a windigo above them. That it were suddenly handled... They wouldn't have believed it, had they not seen with their own eyes, the things happening, as most things had been towered above the trees. Especially the huge draconequus from before.

"That thing before... The draconequus... That was Mindstorm? And then the Windigo..."

The one who spoke, were a stallion with a streak of grey hair, going down his mane. He wore a suit, and a large hat, likely indicating this to be the mayor. He lead the word, though all eyes were more or less on Spectra, the more were spoken, and the realization fell over them. Could they still fear, they may well have huddled, terrified at her, but it were currently not possible, so instead, they looked with caution, and wonder.

"Ma'am... We've heard much about windigos, but if you came here, and saved us.... Then the stories must not be all true.

Duke Mindstorm is someone we've known for all our lives. He were... A horrible, horrible pony. To see him not just freed, but turning into something even worse were... Terrifying, yes. But then suddenly, all were gone. This creature and you... You saved us. There is hardly enough words to find, to express our gratitude, but I offer all that we have, for your service. Thank you."

The mayor first, and then all others, would bow before her. It appeared they did indeed have little else to offer, although, something would be brought out, by the mayor. Something that were wrapped in thick, red cloth.

"It is ceremonial in nature, but we offer you this, a sign of our gratitude, and proof, if ever proof were needed, that we owe you an unsurmountable debt."

He'd unfold the cloth, to reveal a large, golden key, bearing the name of the town. Pure gold in fact, and not simply a layer, or paint. This had monetary value, though the symbol of it, might carry more. As the mayor said, it were proof of her deeds, and the fact that they owed her a debt., One she might one day come and collect, in one fashion or another.

"This we offer you, though we wish to ask... Who is it you wander with? What... Are you?"

"Me? I am but a helper, called upon to clean up the more... Unsightly details, and soothe troubled minds. I assure you, that all the honor for handling the pretend draconequui, goes to this young lady."

"And you are..."

"Yes. Though I leave as I arrive: Peacefully."

Spectra would look towards the stallion. It definitely seemed like he was the mayor around here. He could feel her eyes radiating a cold glare, towards him. After all of what he said, Spectra would step forward. Her expression was calm, yet purposeful. She looked down at the golden key and slowly took it in her magic. She turned it over within her yellow magical aura. 

Then she would smile as she tucked it away into her saddlebag. It wasn't a happy smile, in truth. It was one of slyness. In similar lines of one getting something they always wanted - but to most who were unaware, it was a thankful smile. Spectra expected them to give something to her. If not only their gratitude - then something of importance. This was that something. The golden key that she was currently holding.

"I am not a Windigo. Just as Duke Mind Storm, or now...Malevolence is not a draconequus - I am not a Windigo. I am a pony just like the rest of you. What you saw during the climatic affair was the height of my power. I would have lost, had Malevolence not fled. He is still out there, wherever he is. His whispers corrupting those who will listen to him. A power so ancient, that it pre-dates Equestria, and far more, itself. A force so ancient, that it will always return." her words carried a sense of ominousness.

"Like Cancer, he will never leave our veins. Defeat him? He'll come back in a few more centuries. Stronger. Deadlier. And even more destructive. I am not a hero, nor was this ever my intention in coming here. Mindstorm was but one of Malevolence's claims. Over the centuries, Malevolence took those who listened. Mindstorm listened. At any point, he could have stopped. He gave in willingly, and what you saw in the air? Is what he became..." she went silent for a few seconds, letting her words carry into the minds of those who listened.

"I am here to settle scores. A simple task that must be done. Dispassionately. Without remorse - nor mercy. There is but one thing I would ask of you at the moment. Spread the word of Malevolence across the land. Make it sure that what happened here, is not forgotten. Malevolence could be anywhere. He is not defeated. He could strike when he renews his power. I have more I could possibly ask, but that would take time. Time that Malevolence could use - to strike again. I do not wish to see more destruction here." 

And so, she concluded her requests with that.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-11-15 at 9:12 PM, Spectral Fade said:

"I am not a Windigo. Just as Duke Mind Storm, or now...Malevolence is not a draconequus - I am not a Windigo. I am a pony just like the rest of you. What you saw during the climatic affair was the height of my power. I would have lost, had Malevolence not fled. He is still out there, wherever he is. His whispers corrupting those who will listen to him. A power so ancient, that it pre-dates Equestria, and far more, itself. A force so ancient, that it will always return." her words carried a sense of ominousness.

"Like Cancer, he will never leave our veins. Defeat him? He'll come back in a few more centuries. Stronger. Deadlier. And even more destructive. I am not a hero, nor was this ever my intention in coming here. Mindstorm was but one of Malevolence's claims. Over the centuries, Malevolence took those who listened. Mindstorm listened. At any point, he could have stopped. He gave in willingly, and what you saw in the air? Is what he became..." she went silent for a few seconds, letting her words carry into the minds of those who listened.

"I am here to settle scores. A simple task that must be done. Dispassionately. Without remorse - nor mercy. There is but one thing I would ask of you at the moment. Spread the word of Malevolence across the land. Make it sure that what happened here, is not forgotten. Malevolence could be anywhere. He is not defeated. He could strike when he renews his power. I have more I could possibly ask, but that would take time. Time that Malevolence could use - to strike again. I do not wish to see more destruction here."

The citizens weren't sure what to think of this. A few seemed to clutch their young a little closer, uncertain of whatever or not, this one were going to attack them too, considering her talk of not being a hero. Or it could be the talk of how Malevolence, were something ancient, when they only knew him as Duke Mindstorm. A pony that had been trapped for some sixty years or so. The implications were disturbing. Especially since barring him, there were rarely monsters to deal with in Caneighda. They weren't Equestria, where monsters were known to flock to. Most they ran into, were low brow, just wanted to be left alone, or were headed towards Equestria, and usually cared little for Caneighda itself, so folks just got out of their way, and waited for things to pass.

Uncertainty were reigning, but without fear present, those who usually thought clearly, would step forth. one being the old guard, that they had wandered past earlier, sleeping at his post.

"I'll bring word to the royals. I were in uniform, when Mindstorm got imprisoned. They'll trust my report."

Especially as there were a record of those in the area from then, that were updated whenever one of them died. They'd have him written down, even if they couldn't remember him, and he had been moved around the country, in his days. Never thought he'd get to see this day come, but... Least they all still breathed, and their homes yet stood. It could have gone a lot worse.

"I'll bring couriers to the consulate then. The prime minister must be made aware, so they can prepare, and send warnings out to the right ones."

The mayor would correct his hat, and speak up after. There were a lot who needed to be made aware, but the governing body were the most important. It meant they could spread the word to other guard stations for instance, and they could begin seeking clues, as to where he were, in case something had been seen.

"If we find him... What should we do?"

"Use this."

Fright would skitter forth a few steps, and clap her hands together. As they spread, a small object would be in the middle, growing as her hands pulled further apart, as if she were stretching it out. It would turn into a small statue, that looked like a prayer shrine, around the height of a teen foal. She'd float it to a nearby wall, and put it down gently.

"Place a hoof upon, and think of me. I will hear, and I can bring word to them, in case it is needed.

I would ask you do something though, after we are gone. The tower is gone, and the forest clean, but there are yet memories there. Those who fell to his ambitions... There are no remains to be buried, but the obelisk speak of their memory. I ask those who seeks closure, to go and give their last farewells one day, to those who were beyond salvation."

Seemed to be spread nods, and mumbling. A few appreciative looks, especially among the elderly members of town too, but none would speak up this time to her. Afraid or not, they knew what she were, and albeit curious, they were uncertain of what to think of her.

The guard and the mayor, were feeling rather clear headed though, and thus, had stepped up to action, that would get them to fulfill the request of Spectra, as best they could currently.

"Is there any other thing, you would ask of of us, ma'am?"

Behind them, the sound of something nearing would come, yet it were nothing bad. Veil did jump a bit, but it were but a half dozen guards, some of them without armor, with bruises, scratches, and carrying two other guards, that seemed to need medical attention, the sooner the better. Seemed the ones they left in the woods had survived, but a few of the more unlucky ones, had been struck, and needed to get help, so they'd completely ignore the gathered ones - well, Fright got a look, but moans from the injured ones, got them to move again quickly - and move towards the hospital, whilst keeping their comrades as patched up and focused as possible. They wouldn't even know as they passed Operata, that he had some of their stolen items.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra was satisfied with the agreement to spread word of Malevolence and nodded in approval. She would take a step towards the mayor and the old guard. She was silent for a bit, as her eyes scanned their facial features. Her eyes had a deep gaze into them - a gaze that was one that wanted something desperately - yet she never spoke what it was before she relented as her eyes turned to the small prayer shrine that Fright had created - she knew that Fright had this covered here and that it was unlikely for Malevolence to return to his old stomping grounds, so to speak. But still, the chance was there. A chance that she would be foolish to ignore.

After Fright had created the small prayer shrine, Spectra would smirk somewhat as she was asked that question by the mayor and the guard. "I would like to know of your names, first and foremost. I will remember you. Since it is important that you will remember me, I will tell you my name. You can refer to me as Double Duality." she spoke. To Operata, Veil, and possibly fright - it was an obvious deception. On the off chance that her previous aliases could have gotten remembered over the years, she opted to use a lesser known alias. Because of the importance of what transpired here, the one who who saved the town was likely going to be known everywhere, in due time. And she didn't want anyone...out there - to have a clue what she really was. With a slight look to Veil and Operata, she had more or less told them wordlessly to not speak up about the name being mentioned.

"I will ask of your loyalty towards me. I will not ask you all to surrender yourselves and bow down to me or anything like that. I will require your loyalty, for a future event. When that event comes? I do not know. Could be years, even. In the case that it will take years, I will ask of you all to teach your foals of what I have done here. Teach your family of what I have done for you. To cherish my name, because one day, I will return - and ask for your loyalty once again. As for right now?" her gaze would turn towards the guards from the woods that had came, that were bringing in the wounded towards the hospital. A smirk came across her face.

"Tend to your wounded and repair your town." she concluded, before something crossed her mind. "I would appreciate meeting with your Royals directly about this incident. If any of you can arrange a direct meeting, I would like that very much. I would have much to discuss with them. If it is possible for any of you to grant, I would like access to any spells, scrolls, or anything related to your history. A meeting with the royals would take time, and I would like to pass that time, by learning about your history as much as possible, while gathering any spells, or magical scrolls you may have, for my purposes." she concluded.

With a silent look over the crowed - another smirk crossed her face.

"That will be all." 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-11-19 at 7:12 PM, Spectral Fade said:

"I will ask of your loyalty towards me. I will not ask you all to surrender yourselves and bow down to me or anything like that. I will require your loyalty, for a future event. When that event comes? I do not know. Could be years, even. In the case that it will take years, I will ask of you all to teach your foals of what I have done here. Teach your family of what I have done for you. To cherish my name, because one day, I will return - and ask for your loyalty once again. As for right now?"

The mayor were increasingly uncertain what to think of this mare. He supposed, as someone who saved their town, they had little right to be picky though... She still did save them, and while not a noble, pure hero, she weren't demanding sacrifices. They'd prayed for help when the monsters advances, and the shield broke, so he supposed, they did get what they asked for, and being nitpicky were a little disrespectful. Especially since the alternative, would likely be death. They could have their mumblings and concerns later, in private.

For now, he'd nod at her request, as did others, bit by bit. It seemed she were not done talking, so they did not feel inclined to interrupt.

On 2022-11-19 at 7:12 PM, Spectral Fade said:

"Tend to your wounded and repair your town." she concluded, before something crossed her mind. "I would appreciate meeting with your Royals directly about this incident. If any of you can arrange a direct meeting, I would like that very much. I would have much to discuss with them. If it is possible for any of you to grant, I would like access to any spells, scrolls, or anything related to your history. A meeting with the royals would take time, and I would like to pass that time, by learning about your history as much as possible, while gathering any spells, or magical scrolls you may have, for my purposes." she concluded.

With a silent look over the crowed - another smirk crossed her face.

"That will be all."

"I'll make sure to bring your request to the royals, ma'am. Whatever answer they give, I'll bring it back here."

The elderly stallion would speak up, putting the responsibility for this on himself. He couldn't guarantee what sorta answer he'd get, but he could bring it up at least. That he could promise.

"I am afraid that I cannot do much for your other request. We're more or less a tourist destination, and thus, doesn't carry things such as authentic magic scrolls."

"That's not entirely true, mayor."

A young, unicorn mare in clothes, making her appear as an old timey gypsy of some sort, would step forth. The mayor would turn, uncertain what to think or do here, but he'd listen, and give her the floor.

"I have one thing, that I think is authentic. Just need to get it. So... A moment, please."

She'd wander off, and would return around ten minutes later, carrying an old, leatherbound book. Fright would notice the fear levels spiking from seeing it, which surprised her somewhat, but also gave her an indication of what this were. Not that the fear would manifest. The higher level, just meant she'd take more from them, carried out of sight and touch. It wouldn't even be noticeable by the citizenry.

The book did not have any sorta title by the looks of things, but it did have a royal branding upon it. An old one, that were faint, yet still notable on the old book.

"My grandmother worked as a maid in the tower, and stole this, before she ran off. Mom once told me, that she took this, because she had seen horrible things, and thought it were his diary. Something that could be evidence. But it's just a spell book, of some kind. I don't dare to try and use it though. Nor did mom. We just kept hold of it.

Would that do, Miss Duality?"

Shed present the book to Spectra. If she looked in it, she'd find that for the most part, it were a book about elemental magic. A nice, detailed volume, in a limited edition, that had known better days. No surprise there, as it had mostly been wrapped up, and stuffed in a box. It were still easily readable though. Just a bit bend, and frayed at the very edges. And the leather exterior, looked like it had taken a few beatings.

The second of the book however, had added pages, which accounted for why it seemed to be nearly bursting with pages. These were detailing some of Mindstorm's more.... Personal magical experiments, and the logistics behind them. It were quite brilliant actually, and could be applied to making things better than he had, in various ways. It were from his earlier days, and thus, were semi-neutral, with more hypothesis, on how things could work,. when used in various ways. Such as how one could in theory, make something similar to what Veil looked like. It detailed a drawing of some parts, befitting more of deer, but the general idea were the same, and would explain how she were kept together, via runes inscribed on the inside of the bark. Well, it were one of the explanations. The theoretical magic were quite extensive, and seemed to have at first been used on mice, with relative success. It noted how the stability were an issue, but also how he were thinking it could work, and added a section underneath the drawing of the mask, saying "If one can ascend their form, they can ascend their mortality. A vessel of magic is one option, but my muse tells me there is a path to go even further, and make yourself in stronger flesh. What couldn't be possible, if we could remake ourselves, and rid us of crippling diseases, and save important minds, from the finality of age? Think of the progress, the lives one could save. It will require testing on higher beings eventually, but I am confident I have stabilized it before then, and they'd be thrilled for what I do. Flesh or magic, if they live, free of pain and worries, is that not a victory? Is that not something they would thank me for?"

It seemed he had fairly okay intentions at first, before he became more greedy, and self centered around his own worth, rather than that of others. A great mind, delusional by grandeur, and egged on by a muse with no good intentions.

There were more things, but nothing to the grotesque nature, that had been shown in the tower. It were still primarily done by a mind, thinking of greater things, and how to elevate things to the next level. She might be able to grasp something valuable from this. If not his words, then at least the first half of the book.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would look to the Mayor and nod in a pleased manner. She was glad that they were willing to grant her requests to meet with the Royals. The Elderly Stallion said something about them not being able to give her a magical scroll. Oh well. She could simply look elsewhere. However, before she could continue that thought further - the unicorn mare would mention she had something to give. 

"Take your time. Do not worry." Spectra would speak to the mare as she'd go off and get the scroll. In the 10 minutes that passed, Spectra would be largely silent. Occasionally her cold introspective eyes would glance over the crowd that had gathered, but she remained standing. Her mane and tail would blow a little bit in the wind. Spectra would relax slightly in her stance as she waited. She wasn't going to make any other requests for the moment. Perhaps she could see what the royals would offer her when all is said and done. Hopefully something more valuable. She knew that her name would spread across the land for what happened here, but if she was capable of working something out with the Royals - it may be possible for her to get some kind of legal immunity from any possible crime. She wasn't going to do anything soon, after all. Her process of gathering knowledge and power could take years, if not decades.

Other "villains" just did what they wanted in the moment with no real thought. Spectra wasn't like that. Her lifespan and future plans spread way off into the future beyond current lifetimes. She wasn't as simple minded to seek "power" for it's sake. The question is, when one gets power - what do they do with it? They would have to maintain their victory. Many likely wouldn't. But she? She hoped she would be able to. Despite how one may react to knowing her true intentions, her policies towards common ponies would be fairly lenient. Only the alicorns would be the ones who would suffer. She'd steal their magic, raise the sun and moon, and keep order over the land in her own image. 

In Arcadia's image, to be exact. A long dead Empire could be resurrected - within Equestria itself. Food for thought.

When the Mare would return with the book and look at the cover of it. "This will do greatly. Your grandmother was brave enough to do this. I commend her for it. This book will serve my purposes greatly. I will remember you, for giving this book to me." she spoke in an earnest manner as her yellow magic took hold of the book in her telekinetic aura and brought the book itself closer so she could read through it.  The exterior of the book clearly wasn't in the best of shape - but Spectra didn't really care about that. She contained about the function this book would serve - not really the way it looked. Besides, she could just make copies of it and store those  - with this one being the master copy of it.

As she read through it, she could certainly tell this were from some of Mindstorm's earlier works. While obviously she didn't have the time to go through all of it currently, she wanted to get a general idea what this was about. It seems as though Mindstorm's earlier plans were to solve immorality through improving one's physical form. Even in this earlier work, she could tell he was more concerned about himself being credited for his work, rather than the actual good his would could possibly do for others. She wasn't sure which of this would be applicable to herself. She didn't like the idea of altering her physical form, but the other information in here could potentially prove invaluable for her future plans. 

"Mindstorm had potential from the start. He could have done much good with his intellect, but evidently, that was not the case..." Spectra said in a thoughtful manner.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-11-23 at 10:02 PM, Spectral Fade said:

When the Mare would return with the book and look at the cover of it. "This will do greatly. Your grandmother was brave enough to do this. I commend her for it. This book will serve my purposes greatly. I will remember you, for giving this book to me."

"It is my honor to help, Lady Duality."

The mare would give a cordial bow to the mare, as Spectra would take the book from her possession, liberating her from a trophy of old, that she had waited to be able to offer away.

"It is good that something better will come of his grizzly possessions. Well done on hiding this, Mystique. I can't say I ever suspected Vase to have had that before."

"Grandmother did not want to talk about it. Mom even less so."

The mare would step back some more, so the mayor were in front again, as were proper. Whatever were in that book, she were sure that their morally questionable savior, would be able to grasp something of value from it. Though he were lucky it weren't her mom who were still here, and had this in her possession. She might well have refused to deliver it regardless. She did not trust anyone with it, and maybe, that were for good reason. It were hard to tell.

On 2022-11-23 at 10:02 PM, Spectral Fade said:

"Mindstorm had potential from the start. He could have done much good with his intellect, but evidently, that was not the case..." Spectra said in a thoughtful manner.

"I saw him, when he were a young lordling. Always had a spark in his eyes that one, before...

*sigh* Us old folks always figured it started, cause he were the third born. He'd never get to the crown, so we assumed he just went mad, trying to prove himself. Sadly not the first time that had happened. Jealousy's a mighty dangerous enemy."

It were part of why Mindstorm had given in to the whispers, but not a big part. Sure he were not going to get to the throne, but he had never much cared for it, and just wanted to make his name, on his own terms. Always striving to be better, than some pony, sitting on a dusty throne, without much more than symbolic power. In a way, he had gotten what he wanted. He were something greater now. Part of an entity, spanning thousands upon thousands of years, int he hivemind that were Malevolence. Not a route he'd have believed he ended on, in ages past - as were evident by the vain, yet still hopeful and somewhat uplifting writings in the tome - if he had been told it, but enough time, enough isolation, and he were all for the path of sadistic superiority.

It didn't hurt that the royals, instead of getting him some serious help, once he started his grizzly experiments, instead locked him up here, and declared him a monster. Which included his own brother, the crown prince. Sure he had at that time, his siter locked up in a dungeon, muzzled, due to her snooping around, but that didn't mean this were appropriate. They could well have helped him instead, and made him atone for his sins. Even let his sister go, rather than do what he had done. But alas, you couldn't change time.

"It sounds as if you have done what you came for then, yes? You should be on your way then, peculiar one. I will leave last, and return home alone for now. I have much to meditate upon, before we speak again."

Fright sensed things were nearing it's end here, and truly, if they were, she were best off leaving last. Her magic were what kept them from acting in fear, and when she would leave, it would return. It would be best if they did not speak out of order, lead by said fearful emotion, lest they and Spectra would find themselves with quite the situation on their hands.

As for their meeting... She knew she had said, she would speak right after they were done here, but she truly had much to think about now, before that came. And a bit of time to do it in too. They'd be able to speak, in time.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra's yellow magic wrapped around the book carefully as she put it away into her saddlebags. She looked on as Mystique bowed before her. She could get used to that. A bunch of ponies doing whatever it takes to please her. Unlike others who walked a path similar to her own - the feeling of having others bow before her isn't what she was after primarily. It was enforcing her ideological views upon the world and having others bow before the ideas she speaks of, rather than herself. No alicorn overlords. Nor any ruling elites who enforced their corrupt will on others. She'd build many things for pony kind, most notably, many castles and new cities built in her image. Canterlot itself would be re-named in honor of Arcadia.

"I bet none of you would have thought that he had the ability to leave the bubble at his own will at any time. He spent all that time perfecting his work. Exchanging his body for an amalgamation of flesh, similar to that of...Discord, but far more horrifying for you to look at. Discord at least was never willing to destroy his body and kill anyone in his way. He? He'd corrupt the entire landscape and turn everyone into monsters if he had his way." she sighed somewhat, and shook her head - then looking to Fright.

"You may return to where you came. I am sure that many, such as myself, will have appreciated what you have done here - and will remember it for a very long time to come." Spectra would say calmly, but in truth, was more than eager for Fright to leave. Just so she could be the most powerful one that remained.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

"I leave as the last, due to the reasons I have stated. You have done well for them, young one, yet I am not one to take orders. It goes against the nature of my kind."

She were not inclined to leave, and let this mare stay here alone, without oversight. She did not know what she might do, but something told her that intimidation tactics, were not out of the question. And as she had said, she needed to keep up the aura.

Well, in truth that were not the case truly. She could leave a lingering aura lasting for days, if she felt so inclined. Yet she did not trust this mare and her motives, nor would she take orders. It were clear that she were used to others listening, and obeying her will, rather than being told of others, what to do. It would do her well now, to instead listen to input from others, and accept a minor lesson in humility. Fact remained, that strong as the mare might be, to fend off Malevolence, she were still but a child, to a true, controlled draconquui. Abd Fright were in tune, and control of herself. If she wished to, she could trap Spectra in a never-ending nightmare, until she were driven insane. She would not do so, but the power disparity were notable.

Still, she might prove an inconvenience, if she had her full power. Yet Fright doubted that she could manifest such again, this early.

Fright knew her limitations well. She were not the oldest, nor the strongest of her kin. She did well, and could trumf many, yet she were not infallible, nor without her weaknesses. Nor had she any desire, to fight, more than she were required. She were a peaceful creature after all. She wished only to live peacefully, and harmoniously, in her own way. And physically, she were never the strongest of her kind. She were fear. Intangible, working in the darkness, and from the mind. Hers were not the path of direct, physical confrontation.

Still, she were above this mare, and she were going to have to accept that, and the fact, that Fright did not leave by her will. Playful as her comment were in sound, as to be a light-hearted comment, taking orders were not something she wanted.

That said, if she wanted to be alone here, Spectra could likely just leave now, then return in like, five minutes, when Fright had left. She might be immortal, but Fright still had better things to do, than sit around and wait to see if the mare and her followers, would chose to return.

"Shall we both give these ponies peace for now then? They too, must have much to think of. And I do not really worry they will not remember me, as they do you. I am a hard presence to forget."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would silently consider Fright's words there for a bit and then agree. "Right then. Perhaps you do have a point. I have some things to attend to anyway, and I am sure that you do, as well." Spectra stated to Fright and turned to Operata and Veil. Then she would wave to the town ponies. "It was a pleasure being here. Hopefully Malevolence never comes around here again." she spoke to the town ponies. Spectra did know it would be easy for her to return here. All she'd have to do is come back into the cave like how she arrived here - for she had set up a crystal matrix in the cave that would allow her two way teleportation to the cave.

She'd smirk somewhat to Fright and the others as she walked back to where Operata and Veil were. Her horn would glow a brilliant shade of ice blue - before there was a bright flash, followed by a sound that sounded a lot like lightning striking the area but not as loud as that would have been. Spectra, Veil, and Operata were gone. Although this would only happen if nothing interfered with the process.

Spectra would be back relatively soon anyway. She wanted to let things settle down for a bit before returning. 

Meanwhile, the three of them would re-appear in the large cave Spectra and Operata were in before they came here. Back in the green mountains. They were in one of the storage rooms, where all of the gear they had taken for themselves was kept. "That's that. Now let's look at what I managed to secure here..." Spectra would speak before starting to look through the various items. The room itself was expansive, and lit by blue crystals. They could see various doors carved into the walls.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-11-28 at 5:29 AM, Spectral Fade said:

Spectra would silently consider Fright's words there for a bit and then agree. "Right then. Perhaps you do have a point. I have some things to attend to anyway, and I am sure that you do, as well." Spectra stated to Fright and turned to Operata and Veil. Then she would wave to the town ponies. "It was a pleasure being here. Hopefully Malevolence never comes around here again."

The citizens would lift a hoof in a farewell gesture, as it sounded like the time had come, for their mysterious, likely morally questionable savior, to return to where she came from, until there were news for her to receive. Even Fright would join in on that, as she would silently raise a floating hand, and wave. Considering the drov-like creature's appearance, the friendly gesture might be perceived as threatening, or creepy, but that were simply how things were. She had long since stopped caring much for that, and simply accepted herself, and hoped others saw her intentions for what they were.

On 2022-11-28 at 5:29 AM, Spectral Fade said:

Meanwhile, the three of them would re-appear in the large cave Spectra and Operata were in before they came here. Back in the green mountains. They were in one of the storage rooms, where all of the gear they had taken for themselves was kept. "That's that. Now let's look at what I managed to secure here..." Spectra would speak before starting to look through the various items. The room itself was expansive, and lit by blue crystals. They could see various doors carved into the walls.

All three had their own reactions to being teleported away such as this. With Operata and his cats handling things the best, by the owner letting out a sigh, before silently wander off. He needed to go see his wife again, to find strength. And as the cats knew he were going there, they'd join him, no questions asked. They wanted to see her too.

Meanwhile, the little creature of order, had not interfered with the travel, as it had assumed that the spell cast by its current foreman, were not to be interfered with. Yet as it arrived here, and looked around, it would not take long, before it went to the boxes of equipment, and began to reorganize things, even as Spectra were looking through them. Correct department for each blade, ration, and such, turned in exact manners, and the boxes stacked and places, in the right place, to be the most orderly possible. It were surprisingly strong, despite its small stature, but then, it were not limited, by flesh and bone structure. It did not suffer such weaknesses.

"W-Where are we? The air feels different. T-Thinner."

The one with the least calm reaction, were Veil. Fear and worry, as well as confusion, would pulse slowly from her being, as a purple bloom, blossomed in her throat area. Without Fright's aura, there were little more to hold back such emotions, and with the rapid change in area too... She were uncertain what were going on, or what to think here.

"Is this... Y-Your home?"

Meanwhile, far, far away from here, in a town they just left, Fright would also take her leave, and everyone would begin to go back to their normal selves. The chattering happening now, would follow hours of emotional takes, but the mayor and the old guard, would yet go and do their things respectively, soon after. They may be uncertain, of a lot of things right now, but they had given their words, and it seemed best to keep those. For various reasons.

Meanwhile, Mystique would return to her wagon, and go in, locking the door in the spacious gypsy accommodations. Then she'd go to a nearby crate, and put it on the floor. A few words spoken, and a spell dancing on her horn, the chest would light up, and as she opened it, she'd gaze down on a full, bleached skeleton, with a smug smirk on her face.

"Such an interesting adversary. Just like grandmother predicted would come some day, and then some. A shame you never got to see her, but this is what happens to traitors. Maybe when we're done, I'll let you see what will happen to her."

She'd lock the box, then run different runes over it, and open it once more, to reveal a seemingly endless amount of old tomes.

"Best get to work. We have much to do."

THe box would get shut again, and the runes vanish, while she went over to her shelves, to prepare some things. The pieces were on motion now, and soon enough... Well, they'd see now, wouldn't they?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Upon returning, Spectra would stand there silently as she played through the last moments before her teleportation. Fright's presence. The massive crowd of ponies that had gathered, and her getting the key to the town. It was a lot for her to process. It all seemed far too good to be true, to say the least. Malevolence seemingly fleeing like he did when he had all this supposed power. Her being given a book about Malevolence's work - something about the whole affair seemed strange. 

Spectra would glare slightly at Operata and his pets was they would wander off towards the Orb Room. Spectra would opt to follow them, slowly. Not wanting to make it too obvious that she didn't trust them beyond her sights. She knew that they were not able to do much, most likely. The orbs themselves were designed to be incredibly resistant to tampering  - and if any were tampered with, she had them set to such a way that their magic stream into her mana pool would cut. This would prevent someone from "poisoning" her own sources of energy. Some have tried, in the past - but she was fortunate enough to subdue them...and add them to her collection, to put it lightly.

Her eyes would wander towards the creature of order. True to it's name, it was already organizing the place. That was fine by her. It was needed, and she didn't want to do any of it herself. She'd smirk towards it. "Keep going with that, you are performing well at your task." she said in a commanding tone towards it, to get it used to her manner of communication.

Upon Veil's question, Spectra would look towards her. "The Green Mountains. One of many lairs of mine, throughout Equestria. We have much to discuss. Come." she told Veil to follow her towards where she was going - the Orb room, and her...collection, so to speak. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

Veil would follow, unsure of where this were. She knew where Equestria were, but the details beyond that... She weren't exactly sure.

She'd give a glance towards the odd creature before they left the room. It had turned its head, to look up at Spectra. It did not know what she meant, but it got the idea that she were approving of its work, and thus, it should continue to do this. So it would return to its task of organizing these things, to look orderly.

As for them... They'd enter the orb room, to find Operata where one could expect him to be. Standing in front of his sleeping wife, gazing at her quietly, while the cats stood on his head, and leaned against the stone, meowing. Their tone were longing, and while there were not a lot of space for them both to stand on, they would do it still, while the pony they stood upon, did not move a muscle, despite how he had claws in his scalp and hair.

Veil would move forward, and stand next to Operata, so that she could more clearly see the mare inside the crystal.

"...Who is she?"

"My wife."

"Is she uhm... D-Dead?"

"I thought she were, for a long time. Then I found her here... Trapped, like so many others. But more important than others."

"I don't understand."

"Ask her. Isn't like she brought you here by accident."

This were the chip that kept Operata in service. In time, he had little doubt, that if he did well enough, she would be able to get free, but it would not be for nothing. He assumed he would have to swear unending fealty, and stay here until his life ended, or she would be recaptured, and stuck inside a crystal for all time. The chance of him being allowed to leave with her were slim, but... He didn't care. Let her gloat. Let her make him do horrible things. Let her stuff him in here in her stead, for all he cared. His wife were all that mattered, and the world would be better off having her in it, than him.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The Orb Room was extraordinarily large. There were dozens of orbs arranged in many levels. Each of them containing a pony. The ponies could be seen through the frosted glass. Many of them were trapped in varying poses - some fearful, others were angry. A lot of the others simply seemed to be sleeping. All various types - all but fillies and colts. They didn't have much magic after all. 

Upon seeing Operata and Veil looking at the mare in the crystal - Spectra would chuckle somewhat. A devious chuckle. An evil one.

"I think it's time for you to know who what you are really dealing with." Spectra chuckled deviously. Her body glowed white for a split second. There was a flash of light. After the light had flashed, Spectra looked a lot different. her coat was a brown color. Her mane and tail were various shades of grey with various streaks of black running through it. Her eyes were a deep yellow color - predatory, yet within them contained a vast amount of wisdom. On her flank - a setting sun was no more, instead, there was a simple scroll.

"You two are my loyal servants. Everything I did in fighting Malevolence - that was true, but you don't know why I came in the first place." she spoke, in a giggly voice to Veil. "I came to work with him. Duke Mindstorm, that is. I wanted to find a loyal ally in him. Evidently he turned out to be some...ancient freakazoid hivemind thing that is impossible to reason with. Gah! Makes it all the harder." she shook her head in frustration.

"I figured what you did for me was enough for me to reveal my real look to you." she then would stroll on over to a specific Orb, pointing to the blue mare within - that looked exactly like that of Magloria. "Her? When you first saw me? I looked like her. Magloria was captain of the seas. Like me, she had disability. She and I could actually relate. She's a half breed between a zebra and a unicorn. Nobody liked her. She hated life. I thought she'd listen to me. I thought she'd help me...but no, turned out just like the others!" she boasted and laughed. "But was the first of many..." she smirked wildly as she went over to Operata's wife contained in the orb.

"If it makes you more comfortable, I can assume her look." she said, looking into his eyes with a more sultry looked as if Operata, and his love were her most prized possessions. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

Veil radiated emotions, fitting with one being shocked at what she were hearing, as well as confused and conflicted. She yet said nothing though, as all of this were hard to take in, which is why the first response would come from Operata. He more or less ignored what Spectra said, until she came and crossed a line, with that last sentence of hers. At which point. he'd turn his head, and glare at her, with unfathomable, deep-seated hatred in his eyes.

"Are you not making me suffer enough as it is? Leave my wife with what little dignity she is yet allowed, and find other ways to amuse yourself.

I've done what you asked, and more. Is it not enough, to prove I stand by my word?"

He wanted to say so many, many worse things to her. Harsh, cruel things, spat in rage, but for the sake of his wife, he were forced to hold his tongue, lest she were made to suffer in his stead. Or her sentence got elongated.

"This... No, this is just... It's just a t-test. I don't... T-This isn't what it seems. I... I h-have to go."

Veil rushed off, confused and conflicted about what she had just seen, and heard. It did not fit with the one she had seen. A mare who were yes, not a flawless hero, were still one who saved several. It didn't... It couldn't be what she heard. It had to be a test, to see how she'd react, or there were more to it. like those trapped, were criminals or something. She just... She needed time to think.

As she rushed off, to another place of this hideout, Sonata would rush after her, not sure what were going on, but thinking the strange one needed to be watched.

"She is not as broken and malleable as I. She cannot make this fit with what she have personally seen. I would think that if Veil does not run, she will try and rationalize this, like an abused filly.

She might be a tool to you, as much as I, but remember that you have no leverage over her. If you want her here, and useful, play it with tact. It is not as if it would be hard. She knows not the ones in here, beyond my wife. Tell her they are criminals, who serve a higher purpose, and you were testing her before. She's enamored enough to believe that."

Foolish mare... Plans and power, spanning vastly, and the tact and foresight of a drunken mule. Wasn't hard to tell that she were not used to dealing with others, awake and in a regular fashion.

*sigh* Had he other options, he would have stormed out, but this were not an option for him. Not unless he were willing to leave behind his wife once more, and he couldn't. He had already failed her once already. Twice would be too much for his heart to bear.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would remain silent to what Operata had said to her and just stood there - watching as Veil went off. When Operata and Spectra were alone to where they could talk for a moment, Spectra would simply smile to Operata in a wicked manner. "Do you really think I would be so stupid, as to not test her?" she would ask as she strode closer to Operata, looking into his eyes as if he was a prized possession - for she was not in the least bit bothered by his rage or hate towards her. He could act upon it, if he wanted to, but that'd be an easy way for him to end up among those in his collection. 

Then she would smirk wider. "And do you really think, that I was not testing you, then and there as well? It's obvious you hate me with all your heart. Not that I really care, but just something I can clearly see with my own eyes. Anyways, you proved your worth to me again. Offering alternative ideas, that I did not speak of. I was going to do something along those lines, regardless. You did me well, there." she spoke with praise, and nodded in approval. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

"Let us not kid ourselves. I despise you, Spectra, or whomever you actually are. I might not be a good pony myself either, and I've been driven by petty vengeance to do horrible things, but at least I have kept it to those who deserve it. You? You have taken whomever you wanted, good or bad, to fuel your little crusade, and were you ever found, and apprehended, you'd be judged no less a monster, than Chrysalis. I might even get leniency for what I have done, if I were to report you.

But we both know that will never happen. Even if I earn her freedom, and by some miracle, I'm allowed to go out there too, I'd always know, that all standing between her freedom and you, are me doing something to irk you enough to take it all away again.

So I'll obey, and do what I must. I'll feign a smile, and bow my neck in servitude, for her sake. Doesn't mean I have to like it."

He'd go back to looking at his wife through the ice again, slumbering as she were, caught in what still seemed a defensive position. Likely as she had hid from the fires, nearing from all sides... He were joyful that she were alive, but then, he had to do much to have a chance of her then actually being able to live the life, that she now still had.

"The only good that will come from this, might be the abolition of the monarchy. At least that is something of worth. If another does not get to it before you. The threats to the throne seems to increase by the day these last few years..."

If she went off to find Veil, she would find that she had wandered just outside, to get some air, and try to clear her head. She would not notice Spectra nearing, but just sit there, whilst Sonata would sit next to her, and rub her head against the side of the tree plate, on her left paw. The faux-kitsune would absentmindedly go and  pat the cat, who seemed to be slightly confused by the sensation for a moment, but she'd stay, after getting used to the odd tingling sensation.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra grinned gleefully at him and chuckled somewhat. "Oh, I know you'll obey. The alternative is...being gone for a few hundred years, how about that? I've experienced that myself...on a regular basis." she spoke, walking forward and looking deeply into her eyes. "I can tell you so much about changes over the centuries. And what I've seen. Who I've seen, and so much more - but let us not get ahead of ourselves. I am happy to hear you will obey me. It pleases me." she said, grinning wider purposefully to give him a creepy stare. 

"We both know you won't be getting out of this. So just grin and bear it. And perhaps I'll toss you a bone now and then. You'll learn to like it." she said, not knowing that she too, was trapped by her mind's lack of capacity to fathom getting out of this thought process and stopping her relentless crusade for her own destiny's sake. A destiny that limited her ability to choose freely.

Before she'd leave Operata to himself, she would look at his wife within the crystal orb. She gently tapped the orb - making a ping sound. Nothing happened but she was clearly savoring her "prize" within. "You choose well for a companion. I'll give you that much." with a flick of the tail, she'd leave and proceed to locate Veil.

When she found Veil, she would take it upon herself to comfort her and let her know that it indeed - was just a test and the ponies within are indeed horrible criminals. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-12-13 at 12:30 AM, Spectral Fade said:

"We both know you won't be getting out of this. So just grin and bear it. And perhaps I'll toss you a bone now and then. You'll learn to like it." she said, not knowing that she too, was trapped by her mind's lack of capacity to fathom getting out of this thought process and stopping her relentless crusade for her own destiny's sake. A destiny that limited her ability to choose freely.

"If it means I can earn her freedom, I'll stay til I die. Whatever happens to me in turn, isn't important. And long as we can both agree on that, the work continues. Even after I get to look through this ice, and see another face in there."

He'd have nothing more to say, until it were that Spectra had left. A minute or so after, he'd run his hoof down the ice again, slowly, and gently, while Falsetto would let out a sad, drawn out meow.

"When it is time, you'll be with her again. Yet if she strings me along forever, and denies her freedom..."

He did not finish the sentence, but the meaning were there. He'd tolerate him having to do what it took, likely for years to come, but if the goal of getting her free were forever moved further and further, with no prize in sight, he would instead work on Spectra's downfall. Doing what were horrible for his wife, were one thing. and he'd continue to do so, after she were free, to avoid the threat of her returning here. But if it became clear that Spectra never intended to fulfill her end of the deal, however minute that truly were for her, then he did not care anymore. By then, vengeance would once more, be his only path.

On 2022-12-13 at 12:30 AM, Spectral Fade said:

When she found Veil, she would take it upon herself to comfort her and let her know that it indeed - was just a test and the ponies within are indeed horrible criminals. 

Veil almost roared with waves of relief, as she heard that. She had come to think that herself, but she needed to hear it too, from Spectra herself, before she could truly believe it. It were much better like this, with the criminals made to still serve in some way, for the greater good. Wasn't the most ethical, but she had seen enough true evil in her life now, to be more lenient on the concept of hero material.

"What uhm... Is the plan now? I guess, you'd need rest, yes? It must h-have been a very hard fight for you. Have to have been draining."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

While Operata was alone he could see the sheer number of orbs containing ponies around them. His wife was the most important one to him, no doubt, but this assorted lot of ponies? Each of them had their own lives, hopes and dreams in their various ways. That was all until Spectra had captured them one way or another. It was eerie to be in here by himself. It was dead silent, with only his feline companion by his side. There was not a whole lot that he knew about Spectra, actually. If what she showed was even her real look - or if the name she spoke to him was her real name either. She were most certainly an enigma.

Veil almost roared with waves of relief, as she heard that. She had come to think that herself, but she needed to hear it too, from Spectra herself, before she could truly believe it. It were much better like this, with the criminals made to still serve in some way, for the greater good. Wasn't the most ethical, but she had seen enough true evil in her life now, to be more lenient on the concept of hero material.

"What uhm... Is the plan now? I guess, you'd need rest, yes? It must h-have been a very hard fight for you. Have to have been draining."

Spectra's eyes blinked slightly. Rest? She hadn't considered that - but it was needed. "That's a good idea. My mind needs a break. Come back inside, and we'll do just that." Spectra spoke, ready to lead Veil back inside. "I am sure you could use a rest, as well as our other friend with us." she spoke, making a friendly smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

On 2022-12-16 at 7:08 AM, Spectral Fade said:

While Operata was alone he could see the sheer number of orbs containing ponies around them. His wife was the most important one to him, no doubt, but this assorted lot of ponies? Each of them had their own lives, hopes and dreams in their various ways. That was all until Spectra had captured them one way or another. It was eerie to be in here by himself. It was dead silent, with only his feline companion by his side. There was not a whole lot that he knew about Spectra, actually. If what she showed was even her real look - or if the name she spoke to him was her real name either. She were most certainly an enigma.

Operata were well aware of how many others were here. Hundreds, if not thousands of being, taken out of their lives, and stored in this purgatory... Yet what could he do for them? He had nothing here. He could not fight Spectra, as she had fought with a powerful entity, and technically won the fight, proving that he were vastly outclassed. So what, he were supposed to jump into the deep end for a fools errand? Or get the help of the other draconequus, one who'd might be able to actually best her, if she wished to?

But then what if she failed? Or even worse, succeeded, and it turned out there were strings to this. Spectra had clearly lived a long time. For all he knew, her life energy were directly linked to these at this point, and her dying, would kill all of them. Or there'd be a failsafe to destroy them. Or she'd instantly kill his wife, due to his treachery, because who else would make Fright go after her?

No, he could not fight, and he still carried hope that there were a chance for life, and freedom, for his wife. So he'd bow his head, ignore these others, and do as he were told.

Selfish? Perhaps. But he knew none of them. He knew her though, and he had once sworn to her, that he'd do anything for her. Let his perpetual servitude be proof of that, and may she soon taste free air once more. Even if the only way it would happen, would be for him to cram a thousand more in here...

He'd sit in the dim room, looking directly at his wife, and let the feelings of inadequacy and guilt, fill him once more.

On 2022-12-16 at 7:08 AM, Spectral Fade said:

Spectra's eyes blinked slightly. Rest? She hadn't considered that - but it was needed. "That's a good idea. My mind needs a break. Come back inside, and we'll do just that." Spectra spoke, ready to lead Veil back inside. "I am sure you could use a rest, as well as our other friend with us." she spoke, making a friendly smile.

The construct did not need the rest. It were little more than a robot, and could function in perpetuity, long as it were not deactivated. And as they went in and looked, it seemed to be done with some of the sorting and ordering of the things they had brought. It also however, seemed to clean them. It's hand open, and a wavy light escaping from it, sloshing against the object it were holding with the other hand, and seemingly go over it like a washing cloth. Albeit a see-through, magical one, that rubbed dirt and grit away, and left the things sparkly clean. Once the object were clean, it would be put in it's correct position, orderly down to the millimeter, and the light would retract. The hand would close, and it would go on to the next thing. A fair bit were clean, so this treatment were just for those things who were not.

"I think it's uhm... Doing okay. It's very strange though. Efficient however. I uh... Dunno what it will do, when it is done with these. maybe wash the walls? It seems very goal-oriented.

And sleep... Sleep... I used to have to dig myself into the ground, and cover myself in a meter of dirt to try and find enough peace to rest. I guess, being magical, means I don't have to breathe... I can't remember anymore, what it were like to sleep in somewhere without danger. There were always so many horrid things, in that forest... I hope they're at peace now."

In case Spectra meant that Operata needed sleep, then maybe, though he'd for now, stay and keep watching, lest he were approached.

As for the cat they had with them, the orange tabby would have been curious as they moved, and jumped up on the back of Veil, sitting on the piece of bark, that made for her back. It only covered around half her actual back, and sitting in the middle, but it would still be part of what seemed to give her this form, and as she cat jumped up on it, it bend down a little, then stabilized up again. The cat just laid down on it after that, and enjoyed the ride. Lazy little girl sometimes.

• Brohoof 1