Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: The Frozen North (1x1 with Blitz Boom)

Magloria

@Props Valroa

(Klugetown)

The elderly minotaur would smirk slightly, as Spectra talked. So she were one of those then, were she?

"So you want to exchange your mortal shell? There are certainly things that can do that, though it isn't as easy as that.

There are ways you can trade, but there is often a price. In power, in sanity- It is a gamble, when you try and force your soul into something that were not meant for you. And even then, you would need to subdue the one you are wanting to overtake. That is not something you simply do, when it comes to alicorns. Without going through the proper preparation, you would implode. I've seen it plenty of times before. There are safer ways to do things than that.

Any attempt at dealing with that much power, will be dangerous. Normally it would never work."

She'd be quiet after that for a few seconds, just gazing at them, as she let her words sink in, and took a sip from a water pouch, that were on the edge of the table. She were taking her time, as if waiting for something.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but you said normally that would not be possible. I sense you are leading us towards something, madamme?"

"The path of a living lich, opens up options.

Changing your body, modifying magic- Calfs play, but all with limitations and severe risks. Reanimating yourself into a dead body? Also risky, as it would potentially leave you insane, from being dead. But reanimating yourself into an empty husk, devoid of life, then restarting said life, once you took over? Now that is something a fair bit more difficult. And to do it to a powerful husk like an alicorn? It is hard to find those, as the body must be fresh.

I can offer the body of a wild alicorn, and the key to doing the reanimation properly. The wild alicorn is one of the unfortunate souls, who were hit by one of the random bursts of primordial magic that sometimes flutter off the surface, and went insane from the process. Lesser powerful than a normal alicorn, but a good deal stronger than a pony, and with the added life expectancy to boot.

There is a caveat though. The wild alicorn is male. It's rare to find one of the mares who gets hit by these blasts. I couldn't say why, but it mostly hits stallions. So you must ask yourself, if that is a hindrance, or if there's truly nothing you wouldn't do, to get what you want."

She'd take something to drink more after that. This mare were greedy, with what she desired. Were she capable enough to get it though? That remained to be seen.

=============================================================

(Magloria)

On 2023-06-19 at 8:08 AM, Spectral Fade said:

When Veil mentioned she was only thirteen, did the reality of the situation set in more than it already had. Veil was young, doing something that someone her age should never ever be doing under any circumstances. She should be playing with other fillies, or whatever thirteen year olds do. "...If you were any other of that age, I would look for someone who could adopt you. After Spectra was dealt with, you'd need to find a way to restore the life that was stolen from you. Mindstorm did this to you. Spectra did...this to me." Magloria would wave her hooves in the air, seemingly referencing everything as a way to refer to the sheer passage of time itself. "I'd much rather you run along and play with those your age, but something tells me you wouldn't be capable of that. I'm way out of your league." Magloria huffed, though she did feel a sense of...responsibility for this one's well being, as odd as it was to think. Magloria were clearly not a sentimental mare, or a loving mare at all - but she still cared. For what it's worth. 

"It's probably no use... I watched... I w-watched my own body turn to dust, after the thing he put into it, were k-killed. There's n-nothing to go back to...

I even asked the d-draconequus that showed up to c-clean up, after what happened to Duk- I mean, M-Malevolence. But Fright said t-that she couldn't. There wasn't a w-way for me to go back. If not even one of them can d-do it, what's left? I can try and a-appeal to Acronia, but that will t-take a long time. I need to have a t-tribute ready and everything, and even t-then, I can't just g-go home anymore. It's been t-too long. They'll h-have to think I'm dead. M-Mom must be heartbroken..."

"Maybe go and try to get in contact with other kitsune? I hear they have some weird magic."

"I guess t-that's an option too, but... *sigh* I don't k-know. For no, I'm just t-trying to help with this, before s-something goes wrong. Maybe I'll find some sort of way f-forward, while we're trying to deal with this."

She weren't hopeful about that, but she had to at least try and believe, that there were hope of some sort of reprieve, right? If she couldn't hope, she only had this reality left, and she didn't like to think that she were just going to be an eternal outsider.

Honestly, the acceptance of the phoenix that seemed to have claimed her, helped on things. Might not seem like a lot, but she were desperate for any sort of acceptance, to give her some sort of hope for the future.

The guard had seemed to twitch slightly, when Fright had been mentioned, but didn't say anything. It appeared he had thoughts on her, that he didn't want to share.

On 2023-06-19 at 8:08 AM, Spectral Fade said:

"Rampaging. War. Destruction. How little things change, really. Towns and cities rise and fall, nations change names and become taken over by others. I would wonder why it is named Sugarville, though. Seems like an odd name for a coastal town." Magloria stated, and sighed. Then she thought it fitting to mention the part with "land sharks", whatever that was. "I would claim that you are joking about that, but it sounds stupid enough to be true. This world does have a sense of insane stupidity and inane interactions that make no sense." then she narrowed her eyes, "Discord Escaped? I would hope he was turned back to stone." she huffed, having heard of the legends of Discord. Yeah, such a thing did sound like something that he would be doing.

"Eh, some towns have been given more cutesy names after being risen up again. I figure it's to try and lure in new settlers, with a more peaceful name, and try to move away from the bad memories of the past.

Sometimes it also depends on who takes over. There's one town near Shark Bay, that got swallowed by the waves. There's a clan of merponies that lives in it now, and have redubbed it from Lilygrove, to Algae Reef. We don't communicate a lot with them. They're isolationists, and it takes time for them to warm up to us. We figure they had issues with other ponies before, and that's why they're hesitant.

And as for the other things... I wish I were joking about the land shark. Those things were menaces, though we have a few of our shark riders, who want to try and tame one, if we manage to find them again.

Discord though? He's not hard to find. He got lose, got turned to stone again, and very soon after, were released on purpose, to rehabilitate him into an ally of Equestria. There's a lot of us who've been skeptical about Princess Celestia's decision to do that, but it's gone mostly well. Seems he has settled down in Ponyville, and from what I hear, lives with a mare. I haven't seen him personally, so I don't know what to think about him, but General Tidal Wave, seemed generally positive about the experience.

You'd be surprised about the amount of rehabilitated draconequui that's been popping up in recent centuries. Avarice, Gluttony, Discord, etc. It's a strange new world.

Another thing that might interest you I guess: We've started building bridges between ponies and dragons, that's been going better since the new princess came into the picture. Seems like she's good at diplomacy. Least the dragon thing is good. Might be we weren't openly at war, and killing one another got punished on either side regardless, but it's still been a tense affair."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Klugetown)

Spectra would put a hoof to her chin and consider such a thing. A male alicorn? Spectra never imagined that she would consider such a thing. Alicorns were something that she had heard of, but to be in the body of a male alicorn? That struck her as strange, and she would come up with an idea that felt more fitting for her. 

"I have come to a simpler conclusion. Re-animate the body of a healthy Unicorn mare. So long as they are of healthy nature without any defects once the body itself is re-vived. My soul will thus be transferred into this mare's body. A mare of power, if possible. If such a thing is not possible, modifying my current body would do nicely." Spectra stated with a leering grin. "I am sure someone else will have more use for a Male body than I, a lady such as I could act in a convincing manner as a Male Alicorn." she stated, and stepped forward, and offered a respectful nod as she spoke that.

"When it comes to a Mare Body, I would be willing to do most of anything to achieve what I am speaking. Perhaps there could be an alternative way to convert that mare body to have wings. Even if it is not a pure, or true Alicorn like you suggest, I imagine such a thing would be easier than having to work with an Actual Alicorn, but what do I know? I'm a mare, first and foremost." she gave some sort of affluent pose as she looked to the minotaur. Spectra was clearly confident in her ability here, and had a lot to offer for it. Much in wealth, and other such things she did not show to Gronth. 

Can't put all your eggs in one basket, can you? 

=============================================================

(Magloria)

Magloria would listen to what was spoken silently. She thought that Veil's situation was not something to be envied at all. While she had no idea what she was talking about it for the msot part, it sounded very horrible. Especially to happen to someone so young. To be experimented upon by a fake draconequi, and then put into an artificial body? Wasn't something she would normally accept as something possible - but then the guard went on to speak more about other such things.

"...Huh. True changes then. Never would have guessed such a thing would have ever been possible. Over a thousand years makes quite the difference, to say the least. Knowing that - it's probably possible for you to be fixed." Magloria stated, looking to Veil's eyes. Her words were emotionally detached, but, she still hoped that Veil would find what she needed eventually. Magloria certainly couldn't provide it. Magloria's focus was on the goals that lay ahead. Defeating Spectra.

Magloria looked off to the side, hoping that they would be departing the carriage soon so they could begin the journey to Canterlot.

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

The minotaur kept the small smile on her face. She did feel a little disappointed, but still, there were options still. This just meant that she wouldn't get this particular one out of storage.

"It is always good to know your own limits. And wild alicorns can be tough to predict. It is likely safer you didn't try, as there would be risk, even with all the precautions in the tome.

Hmhm. But a healthy unicorn mare, with potential? Or proper mutations done to your own? Well then, there are options still. I will skip past the lower rung ones for now, and focus on two then.

The first, is the body of a healthy looking mare, frozen in magical, cursed ice. From what I could read on the tablets, she infuriated the locals on the island so much, that they did something to her, and then locked her body up. A tyrannical high priestess of some sort. The whole place were a mess once I were done, and the ice kept trying to swallow me up, along with all the others there. As I could read it, she is dead, but the trap leaves her soul in perpetual agony, along with those the ice have caught. A final curse of hers, to make sure she wouldn't suffer alone, I would assume. Must be a powerful mare, to do such a thing, under duress. Certainly a very healthy one, that much is certain. Makes you look like you haven't trained for twenty years, that one does.

The other option, is modifications. I know a friend of a friend, let's say, who specializes in making items that infest bodies. Sometimes that can lead to glorious things, like her own extended youth, or useful mutations. For instance her own evolved shape, as she calls it Other times... Well, you've seen the spider dog, I assume?"

"You know the one who did that?"

"No. That thing were older than she is. But he is a good example of what can happen. Useful mutations still, but it does come with some visual issues. What happens if you don't do it right. Done correctly, you could end up with wings for example, without too big of an issue. She is rather... Difficult to get along with though. A bit of a sadistic personality and all that, but she is the best at what she does, and if you want useful body modifications, she would be the one you'd want.

*sigh* Were things different, I could have mentioned Duke Mindstorm too. Knew him when I were a spry young calf, making a name for myself. Obsessed with body modifications that one. Got him imprisoned too though, and he's unlikely to ever get out again. A shame really. He seemed to have such promising ideas once."

"You certainly seem to know of a myriad of bodies, madamme."

"You live as long as I have, you see things. Take things. Enough to know what have value. Well preserved bodies, are big business to some. Organ harvesting mostly, but still, it presents options.

Still, the number of bodies I know of are few, and in limited quantities these days. Some just gets found and stolen, annoyingly so. Can't leave an old minotaurs property alone sometimes."

She were waiting to see what Spectra would say. Might be she had her sight on any one thing. Maybe even several, like a new body, and then have it changed? They'd see. No matter what though, she wouldn't get it cheap, nor achieve her goals simply. There were certain things that had to be done. Though without her aid, the elderly minotaur felt quite certain that she'd have no options. Turns out there were some benefits, to a long life, with many connections made. 

==============================================================================

(Magloria)

"The world's changing fast these days. Hard to keep up with it sometimes."

The guard remained detached in his words, and would look out the window too, wondering if they shouldn't be just about where their ride ended by now. Veil on the other hoof, would look with no emotions in her eye holes, as they were not designed for that, but her emotions were simply just rolling off of her, making her response to the statement by Magloria, rather easy to tell. That being a weak tinge of hope, swallowed by a wave of doubt.

"Maybe."

Hope were a meager currency for her sadly, when it came to things returning to how they were. At best, she'd assume she might be able to find some hope in being accepted, by helping defeat this threat, but she'd gain nothing from going back, and trying to convince her family of who she were. And even if by some miracle they would believe her, and she didn't just cause old wounds to be ripped open by her claim, it still wouldn't be the same anymore.

*sigh* But one day, she would need to go to her hometown, right? She had to find some sort of proof ideally, but she would still want to confront those who had trapped her in that bubble in the first place. Even if the aw wouldn't do anything against them, she couldn't forget and forgive that easily. She wouldn't do anything to them, even resembling what had happened to her, of course. This wasn't something she'd wish on her worst enemy, but she'd still want some accountability, for them ruining her life.

She didn't think much further than that, before the wagon stopped, and after a few seconds, the door would open up, revealing the town in front of them. They weren't far from the train station either. As in, they could literally see it, about five meters ahead of them.

"And here's our stop. Thank you for travelling with us, and have a good day."

The wagon driver were standing there, signaling for them to get out. They didn't have all day, and there were others who'd like to come back with them too. But he were being polite about it. Nothing wrong with that, eh?

"Thanks for the ride."

"Want a seat on the evening ride?"

"I get the feeling this might take a while. I'll see you some other time, Wheel."

After they'd all exit, the driver would start preparing things for the ride to the next place, whilst Veil started to look around. What kind of this might it be? Hopefully a kind one. She didn't want to startle the phoenix again, who had flapped up to the top of her head to roost again, and were now looking around as well.

If they looked at the train stop, they'd see the next train, ran in 50 minutes.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would grin widely at this response. The body of the mare that was described was absolutely perfect. Merely having her soul inside of that one would do her a great deal of things. She was willing to trade just about anything to have that body under her possession. It was quite something now. Spectra would step forward and look at the minotaur with glee. 

"That mare you speak of, I would like her body. I would be willing to trade my current body for her body plus whatever payment you would like to receive in gold. I won't worry about modifications at the moment until I have my soul inside of her body and that affair is completed." she spoke, looking at the minotaur as if she were something grand. Spectra had now been fully attached to the idea of switching her body out, so to speak. "From the sounds of it, that mare was particularly powerful. Healthy. Well trained. Something that I would be in high desire of. Modifications is something for the far future, I would consider, but not now. One thing at a time, I wouldn't want to ask too much of you at once." she spoke, somehow grinning wider.

Asking for switching her soul was comically not "Too much" in thisp lace, considering the type of business that went on here. Kludgetown truly had everything. If she wanted to remain undetected by everyone, switching her actual body would be a way to do it. That way, nobody could ever track her and she could even come up with a new name for herself to refer to herself as. Names for Spectra, were for deception and nebulous definitions. Speaking of names...what was the name of this mare? Yes, she should have asked that earlier.

"What would that mare's name be, actually?" Spectra would ask, and then would proceed to reference what else was spoken. This minotaur knew Duke Mindstorm? Well, that was unexpected. Spectra felt as if she wanted to touch on that a little bit. "Duke Mindstorm was someone who destroyed original body and twisted it into a fake draconequi known as Malevolence. Malevolence, a primordial force from far before Equestria's foundation consumed his mind due to his ambition. He willingly remained within his prison, he had the power to get out at any time he wanted. He used that time and isolation to his advantage, becoming absorbed into the twisted form of Malevolence. Don't ask how I know that." Spectra chuckled a bit at that.

"Yeah I saw the spider dog earlier. Not exactly my kinda look, but we'll discuss body modifications at some point in the future after the body swap is completed, if that would be alright with you?" Spectra asked. 

(Magloria)

Magloria would sit there quietly as their ride came to a stop. She wasn't sure what else to really say at the moment, she had talked more on this little ride than she had than perhaps in the past few years leading up to her imprisonment within the stasis orb. Magloria was not one who liked talking, but when she felt the need to reveal information she could get fairly indepth with it. Spectra was the type to talk about anything constantly, despite however Spectra felt herself about talking, she was much more of a talker than Magloria ever was. 

She'd feel Veil's slight hope and waves of doubts as they departed the carriage. Magloria wished Veil well, that was about all she could felt she could do other than silently wish her well. Magloria wasn't a pony for thank yous or the huggy feely things that most ponies seemed to be. Actions meant more than actions of courtesy. Seems most didn't understand that. To the driver of the carriage, she would give him a slight nod in acknowledgement. 

When they arrived at the train station and found out it would be a 50 minute wait, Magloria would sigh mentally and sit down to wait. She thought that 50 minutes wouldn't matter, compared to the more than thousand years she spent in stasis. Yeah, now that she thought about it, she would be patient. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

The minotaur let the mare speak, and as she spoke of Duke Mindstorm, would shake her head slightly, seemingly disappointed.

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Gravel were always such an ambitious young colt. Wanting to do something extraordinary for the world, but getting carried away. I can't say I'm too shocked that he became another Malevolence, what with the isolation and hate towards the world, that he once wanted to help so badly. A shame that he didn't heed my warning, and fought back, but it is what it is. He will be assimilated, and he'll be hunted down. History repeats itself time and time again.

As for that mare, I don't have a name for you. She were written only as being a heretic. I'm assuming they refused to use her name, as another part of her punishment. Perhaps you will be able to scrounge up some memories and find out for yourself when it is. Though just transferring, isn't simple. It takes finesse.. Expertise.

I know the way, but I will need some time to prepare. With some luck, it will all be ready when you are done doing something for me."

"I take it gold is not your price then?"

The minotaur used her hand, to show a dismissive motion.

"Gold is fine, but some things are more valuable than coin. You seem ambitious. Strong too, if you were near Malevolence, and came back here to tell of his emergence. I believe you would do nicely in getting something for me in exchange instead. Somewhere that your coin have more value."

She'd get up, and go rummage under the table, until she pulled out a rolled up, old parchment. Unfolding it, would show a hex box. A peculiar looking one at that, as this seemed to depict various faces, rather than the usual runes. Many expressions, showing many races, though the faded, dark ink, did leave some details to be desired.

"One of my old things, that I lost possession off, but want back. You get me that, and you get what you want. An even trade."

"Where can one find this then? Are you aware, madamme?"

"I am well aware, yes. It is part of Le Perinne's collection."

Operata cringed. Of course it would be something like this.

"She and I have had somewhat of a falling out. I supported someone over her, and she took it personal I suppose. As it stands, she won't accept any trade with me anymore, and made sure to acquire this to spite me further. You're a new face. A conniving little mare too. I can see it in your eyes. Perhaps you can convince her of letting go of it. You will need something though."

She'd open a hidden room in the table, and reach in, to pull out two things. A bundle of pulled hair with dried bloodstains, held together with rough string, and a large dragon scale. Looked more like a shield really, than anything else.

"These should get her attention."

"That hair..."

"I love my grandson. He's the pride of my life, and I'm impressed at his prowess. But he erred, and so he must partake in paying the price for that. Le Perinne will know what this means, but she won't hear it from me anymore. A new face, whom she doesn't know what to expect from, will have a better chance.

So then, do we have a deal? We help each other get what we want, and none walks away the lesser."

Normally not something she would ask of just anyone, but this one had promise, considering what she could tell the mare had done, and would end up doing. There were certain clues one could pick up on, if they knew what they were talking about, and she had lived long enough to know quite a few things.

(Magloria)

"Seems like a long wait... Well, if you wanna stand here and look into the wall for that long, be my guest. I'm gonna stretch my legs."

The guard didn't really see much point just standing here and twiddle his hooves. Might as well go and do something with the time.

So he'd wander off, to have a look around, and see what went on. Veil would stay and look towards him, uncertain of what to do here. On one paw, she'd like to see things too, but on the other, what if she were singled out, and yelled at? Chased out for being some sort of monster?

...But that could happen here too. At least this way, she wouldn't just sit here with her thoughts.

"I uhm... Am gonna go for a walk too. If you stay then we'll see you soon."

She'd scurry along, to join in the guard.

If Magloria didn't go with them,. they'd be back about 35 minutes later. If she did... Well, they'd have some time to see town.

(Your turn to describe a town, if it is)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

Spectra would listen attentively to what the minotaur spoke about Malevolence. With a bit of a sideways look, she'd take another step forward. "I was the one who fought him and barely lived to tell the tale. You will probably hear stories about it, if you haven't already. His form was twisted beyond recognition, many different bodies amalgamated into one. His magic, of all types, nearly destroyed me. I am telling you this, because perhaps you already know, or will know. Malevolence, I'll never be able to defeat him. But I can at least see what I can do in order to make sure he doesn't come about for a while, so to speak. This is why I come to you, actually." Spectra spoke to her.

"To gain the capacity to defeat him, and not end up nearly dead." she spoke, her eyes narrowing. "I know him and I will battle again, one day. I expect that he will bring his A game. A battle where only one of us will walk away, alive. I aim to be the last one standing." Spectra grinned, though it was clear that her intentions were nowhere near as noble as they may otherwise seem. Though at the very least, Spectra was not the kind to flaunt her power destructively like Malevolence. She kept it to herself until it was absolutely needed to express it. 

Spectra would remain quiet as she listened to what else the minotaur had to say, the first thing she would do is take it all in quietly. Her magic would take hold of the "shield" that she had been given, looking at it.  "I will do my best to find what it is you need, however, I must know what it is you are looking for." Spectra would state, with a respectful bow. "I am not sure where I will locate Le Perinne myself, or how I should deal on your behalf with her." she spoke, the grin returning across her face.

"We have a deal." Spectra spoke. 

(Magloria)

Magloria would look to the two of them as Veil would join the guard. With a silent nod, she'd turn back and just look at the train station. She wanted her alone time. It was clear she wasn't interested in conversation at the moment. Magloria wouldn't just sit there and wait though, she'd be standing there and look up at the sky. Simple things such as looking up at the sky she found to be something that calmed her mind. Even if the affect wasn't that strong. She'd take a walk around the station, seemingly looking around at the various things. Such as the locations and whatever maps they had in order to gain a further understanding of what happened to the world in the many centuries since her time. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

On 2023-06-28 at 7:03 AM, Magloria said:

Spectra would listen attentively to what the minotaur spoke about Malevolence. With a bit of a sideways look, she'd take another step forward. "I was the one who fought him and barely lived to tell the tale. You will probably hear stories about it, if you haven't already. His form was twisted beyond recognition, many different bodies amalgamated into one. His magic, of all types, nearly destroyed me. I am telling you this, because perhaps you already know, or will know. Malevolence, I'll never be able to defeat him. But I can at least see what I can do in order to make sure he doesn't come about for a while, so to speak. This is why I come to you, actually." Spectra spoke to her.

"To gain the capacity to defeat him, and not end up nearly dead." she spoke, her eyes narrowing. "I know him and I will battle again, one day. I expect that he will bring his A game. A battle where only one of us will walk away, alive. I aim to be the last one standing." Spectra grinned, though it was clear that her intentions were nowhere near as noble as they may otherwise seem. Though at the very least, Spectra was not the kind to flaunt her power destructively like Malevolence. She kept it to herself until it was absolutely needed to express it. 

"I know of Malevolence. The result of hubris, on behalf of draconequui, and their eternal mistake to deal with when it appears. It is impressive you lasted in a fight against them, fromt he sound of it, though I am assuming one of them showed to help you eventually?"

"Yes madamme. Her name were Fright."

The minotaur chuckled, and shook her head a little.

"Of course. The repentant one always sticks her nose into things, if she gets the chance. You should be thankful it were not Gluttony. She might well have eaten you, if you were in the way."

On 2023-06-28 at 7:03 AM, Magloria said:

Spectra would remain quiet as she listened to what else the minotaur had to say, the first thing she would do is take it all in quietly. Her magic would take hold of the "shield" that she had been given, looking at it.  "I will do my best to find what it is you need, however, I must know what it is you are looking for." Spectra would state, with a respectful bow. "I am not sure where I will locate Le Perinne myself, or how I should deal on your behalf with her." she spoke, the grin returning across her face.

"We have a deal." Spectra spoke. 

"I can help you get in contact, but as for what is in the box? That is a personal secret. We all have our little things, that we do not want others to meddle with, do we not? For instance the real reason why you want power, as Malevolence resurging is fresh, but you act like one who have been hunting for more for a long, long time. I could make my guesses. Inquiries, let a few words spread, to find out more. Or we could all just accept that we have certain things, that others should keep their nose out of, lest they lose them.

Don't worry though. The box can't hurt you. Nor can it benefit you. It's just a personal item, from a time when I was younger, and roamed the world. Sometimes in your twilight years, it can be nice to reflect on things, every now and again.

In any case, it will not be hard for you to find Le Perinne. Find one of her followers. They should be easy enough to spot in this market. The slashing claw mark they bear, is unique to them. You'll know what I mean, when you see it. Show them the scale, and the hair. They will take things from there.

A fair warning: Try not to anger her. Le Perinne might be small for an elder dragon, but she makes up for that in wit, and power."

If there were nothing else, she'd wave them away, before leaning back in her chair. She could honestly do with a little nap right now. Today had been awfully exciting already. A bit too much for her, at this point in her life.

(Magloria)

The others would return, five minutes before the train would show, though it were fast approaching.

The guard would wander over and purchase some tickets, while Veil would silently approach Magloria. She had a pouch in a rope, around her neck now, that were not there before, with something clearly being in the pouch, seeing as it were rather lumpy. The phoenix were also still there, though more animated now, and stretching her wings on her back, wandered back and forth, strutting a bit one might say at times.

"Uhm... Hi again The town's actually pretty nice. A lot less... Judging, than I thought it would be.

Bizky also seemed to have been a hit with the locals. Apparently they don't see a lot of phoenixes around here. A small foal blurted out that name. She seem to like it.

Have you been okay here?"

She felt a bit more hopeful than last time, and more calm, as she stood here now, close to Magloria, who would have had a calm enough time. No one would have bothered her, and the most that happened, were some birds flying past every now and again. Should've been a nice, calm time for her to clear her head a bit, after all the recent action.

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

Spectra remained silent as she processed what was said about Gluttony. A worse fate could have crossed her way. She was glad that it was Fright - who did not seem like she was in the mood to do anything against Spectra. Maybe her "heroic" actions meant that it would be possible that Fright thought Spectra wasn't doing what she really was. Oh well. That situation is in the past. Hopefully Malevolence won't come about in the future to mess up Spectra's plans.

Spectra would then listen to what else was spoken about the box. "I assure you, I have no interest or intention on finding out what would be inside such a box. It is not my business, just as my purpose in being here isn't anyone else's concern." she spoke calmly, and gave a slight head bow indicating she would do what was requested of her without any issue. If the Minotaur wanted nothing else from them, Spectra would turn away and quietly exit the premises - now with the intention on looking for any of Le Perinne's followers. 

With a silent glance to Operata, she would speak, "Keep your eye out. Tell me if you see any of them that bear that mark." she spoke, her eyes slowly looking away as she would proceed to lead the way further into Kludgetown, keeping her eyes open for anyone who bore Le Perinne's signature mark. 

(Magloria)

Magloria's cold eyes would fall upon Veil's form and notice the phoenix being more animated as well as Veil having a pouch. She wasn't going to ask what that was. Everyone had their own business, and she was sure that Veil had her own business she was dealing with. Just like herself. Wasn't something that was of a particular concern for her at the moment. Magloria would stand up as if she had been ready for a very long time. 

"I am fine. It is time that we go." she spoke, with a slight nod to Veil as she would proceed to get in line to board the train - which was no doubt forming by now. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

On 2023-07-09 at 9:02 PM, Spectral Fade said:

Spectra would then listen to what else was spoken about the box. "I assure you, I have no interest or intention on finding out what would be inside such a box. It is not my business, just as my purpose in being here isn't anyone else's concern." she spoke calmly, and gave a slight head bow indicating she would do what was requested of her without any issue. If the Minotaur wanted nothing else from them, Spectra would turn away and quietly exit the premises - now with the intention on looking for any of Le Perinne's followers. 

"I don't see why it would be anyone's business what you were here for."

Far as she were concerned, when their business were done, they had never met. And if others wanted to poke their nose into things, they might find themselves in a troubling situation. But that were not that important, and the two of them would be on their way soon after, leaving her to ponder things in peace.

On 2023-07-09 at 9:02 PM, Spectral Fade said:

With a silent glance to Operata, she would speak, "Keep your eye out. Tell me if you see any of them that bear that mark." she spoke, her eyes slowly looking away as she would proceed to lead the way further into Kludgetown, keeping her eyes open for anyone who bore Le Perinne's signature mark. 

"I will. It can't be more unnerving than being in that house. To think that the grandmother to the Hide Hunter himself resides here..."

He'd shiver. That had been a suboptimal experience, to put it mildly. Constantly needing to be worried that one wrong word, would set Ludvig upon them, were not a nice one. Sure they had some magic, but that one had not gotten his reputation for letting minor things like magic stop him from completing a hunt before. He wouldn't prattle on unless asked, as it appeared the last time he did so, were not appreciated, but regardless, he would still feel some relief, in them not currently being seen as prey.

Of course, there were still the matter of Le Perinne, but at least their end if against her, would probably be quick.

As for her servants, they had to look for a time, but eventually, Operata would poke Spectra on the shoulder, and direct her attention to the side. Wandering around the crowd slowly, were a robed griffon, with grey and sandy colored feathers. The robe covered most things, except the claws and wings, though the face were still well visible. She seemed to be looking for something, as she were wandering, a strange glass in front of one eye, like a monocle of sorts. And on the hip of the robe, were the mark. A claw slashing, painted in red. The symbol of Le Perinne's fanatics.

(Magloria)

The train were about to come in, the bells of the train station going off, marking its approach. With the tickets in hoof, it were time for them to get up on the step, and wait for it to puff in proper. Wouldn't be many more minutes, and they'd see it, though before they did step on, a small voice did call out behind them, saying hi.

Veil would turn to see who it were, and would see a small griffon female moving past, with two adult, female griffons. Veil would be surprised, but would raise a paw to wave back, as they were moving further away, before they went around a corner. It didn't seem the couple had noticed her though, or might just be too busy to think it important to look.

"Well that's uh... Kinda nice. A-Anyway, we should probably get on the train."

The guard would nod, and take point as they wandered in. There were one conductor there, that seemed to notice them quite a bit, and stopped them from going further. His gaze specifically on Veil, with suspicion in his eyes.

"Halt! This train isn't f-"

And further it wouldn't get, before the guard stepped forth, and got right into his face.

"These two are with me, on the way to meet with the princess. Stand down."

His voice were as neutral as ever, but he looked annoyed, as he glared at the squeamish conductor.

"Y-You wouldn't do anything. The Royal Guard doe-"

"I'm Coastal. You think I care?"

The conductor seemed to pale a little, and then moved out of the way, to go in the exact opposite direction of them.

"I swear, big city folks sometimes. You'd think all the monster attacks and weird diplomats would make them less worried about someone unusual.

Find a good place to sit. I'll just stand for a bit, and make sure he doesn't try to come around again, then rejoin you."

"W-What... What if he does?"

Golden Hay would smirk slightly, and nod towards a broom closet.

"Then he's getting his own private room for the trip. Now off you go."

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

Spectra would look to him. There was quite a lot of information on the characters here that she was sure she was missing. At least it was useful. The Minotaur Grandmother in that building certainly had been dangerous at one point. Spectra may be a powerful figure, but she wasn't going about hunting on a consistent basis. In the future, the only ones that mattered to her were ones of extreme power. Regular ponies weren't so valuable to her anymore - so she was even less likely to uncover what it is that she needed in Equestrian lands for the most part. 

Upon the griffon being spotted, Spectra would glance to Operata to indicate that she acknowledged what he was gesturing towards. Spectra would approach the Griffon openly and show her the scale and the hair as the Minotaur Grandmother suggested as she smirked somewhat.

"We require your assistance with a certain matter." Spectra would speak to the female griffon with the bow of her head.

(Magloria)

Magloria would remain stalwart as the train pulled in. Her steely eyes gaze upon the train's design. There has been definite advancement in train technology that was for sure. To her eyes, the train itself looked sleek and modern. Though to her expectations - it still looked recognizeable, when she thought that technology would have thusfar advanced beyond her ability to recognize. Maybe it has for other such things.

The interaction with the Conductor and Golden Hay she found to be mildly amusing. Magloria couldn't help but give a discreet smirk as Golden Hay put the Conductor in his place. With this in mind, Magloria would confidently step onto the train and sit down towards the back so she could get a good look over everyone on the train. Magloria would test the seat out before sitting in it, as if seeing if seats have changed since her time. The seats were fine.

Magloria crossed her hooves, and was more than eager to get onward with her journey. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

The griffon glared at the approaching ponies. Even behind the glass lens, that were in front of the griffon's right eye, one could still easily see the look in her eyes. A deep, primal hunger, with barely contained fury and might.

Le Perinne's fanatics were generally ostracized from normal griffon society, since they were incredibly dangerous. Even in the more rough society of griffons, they were too concerning, and didn't mix well. They did not see themselves as part of that world anymore, and looked more upon others of their kind as prey, rather than kin. Not the sort you'd irritate for nothing.

The griffon looked down on the things that were presented, but didn't say a word. She simply looked back up again, at those who had approached her. And then, something happened. The glass lens, that seemed stuck on via small metal pars, like a kind of harness probably going to behind the head, would light up. A slit, emerald eye, filling it entirely, which seemed to bore deep into these little one. A look that made Operata gulp a little, as he knew what were happening right now. He heard enough stories to understand, that as the griffon went closer to look at the scale and hair, it were not her that were looking. It were her master. The infamous elder dragon, le Perinne herself.

"She sees your offering, mare. But tell her, is he dead, or is this a sign from the old cow?"

In case Spectra did not answer, or answered un a way that wasn't telling enough, the question would come to Operata. Said in the same, gruff tone, that it had before. Though if Spectra answered properly, he wouldn't say a thing.

"L-Ludvic isn't dead, no."

A moment would pass regardless of who answered properly, before the griffon would talk again. It seemed she were being instructed.

"Le Perinne wants to meet you in person. Do you come willingly?"

(Magloria)

The seating had improved some over the years, as they were somewhat soft, though firm. Once upon a time, it were simple just wood planks, or less than soft pillows, but tech had come forward. Not a ton for trains though., when it came to the softness though. Unless you were in one of the first class carts that were sometimes along. Those folks got it good. Expensive tickets though. Far too much for just anyone to use out of nowhere, but for the rich on long trips, that didn't want to use their own private transport, it were just a simple way of travelling.

"Well, the seating is better here than in the other one. The ones in Caneighda is softer though. At least I think so. I'm not sure if this is changing the way I feel things."

She meant how she were, and were starting to feel a little bad again. At which point the phoenix would flutter over, sit on her lap, and chirp insistently. Veil would react to that, by starting to pet her. Bizky understood the way things should be well. Not so much focus on dread and bad thoughts. Just focus on petting the bird, and make sure that she were happy. And feed her at times too, but she had eaten well in town, as she had been a curious sight to many, and she apparently liked to show off. She practically glowed from all the attention she got.

"Have you ever uhm... S-Struggled with what's right? I keep thinking on what happened. Those who pushed me through the barrier, and took me away from my family. I want to see them pay for what they've done, but not like... Not like this. No one should go through this. I don't even think I want to see them suffer, but I just... It feels like there should be something happening, for what they did. I lost everything. My parents, my brother, t-they... They wouldn't even know me. Not even sure if anyone would believe me, if I came forth. If I had them admit what they did... It wouldn't c-change anything, but I... I dunno.

I kept being told that when bad things happened, there'd be justice. But where's the justice for this? For what Mindstorm did to all those others, that he turned into m-monsters? What can there even be,. since it wouldn't change anything."

Bizky chirped hard, and pecked at her exposed paw. The feelings of uncertainty and doubt, mixed with some anger and hopelessness, weren't sitting well with her.

"*Sigh* At least she seems to know what she wants. Lots of good food and attention. It must be nice for things to be that simple.

Though I guess, y-you wouldn't have it simple either, huh? Even if Spectra is dealt with, you're still out of your time. There's a lot to try and adapt to there.

I hope that when it is, you'll be able to have a nice, calm life."

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

As Spectra approached the griffon she wasn't sure of what to expect. Other than that there would be something cryptic and of power. To her expectations - she was proven correct. This griffon seemed to be very out of the ordinary to say the least. Just looking at her would give any normal pony the creeps. Though for Spectra, she had seen much worse. Malevolence was the strangest thing she had seen personally though there were many others over the years that came close to that level of strangeness. 

The most striking part was the glass lens that lit up with an intimidating green eye that lit up, which was obviously Le Perinne's eye. Spectra remained calm and stalwart. That eye was obviously judging and prospecting the situation. Any signs of weakness or hestiation - Spectra would dare not show any of it. It was something that honestly un-nerved her, and she would also be sure to not cause any offense. Who knew what this one were capable of. 

Spectra would answer for Operata, as she was the one in charge. "Ludvic isn't dead." she would speak, before allowing the Griffon to answer before she spoke further. "I will come willingly." Spectra spoke, bowing her head slightly again as a sign of respect. 

(Magloria)

Magloria would sigh as she was told Veil's story. For a while, she would remain silent. Though Magloria would look down slightly and think to herself silently, for a moment. She'd look back to Veil. "Many years ago, when I was but a filly - I had best friend who was beside me every step of the way. Her name was Sky Sweep." Magloria went on, her words now sound low and melancholy.

"We did everything together." Magloria spoke, and pulled out something from her saddlebag. It was a locket. She opened it up - gazing upon it for the first time in more than a thousand years. It was an image of two cutie marks on either side inside of it. One was Magloria's cutie mark - the other was a cutie mark of a simple white cloud. "She died." Magloria hissed, and hid the locket back in her saddlebag as if she never wanted to see it again.

The rest she wanted Veil to infer, but she would address a few things - "Justice will come through the defeat of Spectra, and the revelations of Malevolence's crimes to all across Equestria." she spoke, with a dim tone instead of the more hopeful and sympathetic tone of Veil's. Magloria found herself feeling strange around it. Magloria didn't do optimism or hope. She did action. Actions deliver. Hope doesn't. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

The griffon wouldn't bow her own head at Spectra, at any point. Respect, manners- She had no need for those things, towards prey like this. But it were good they showed some manners, as she would react on disrespect. Especially towards Le Perinne. Wouldn't be the first pony she had gutted if that came to pass, though it had been a while. The locals would like it if she didn't too. Quite a mess they'd have to clean up otherwise, as the griffon wouldn't bother to clean it up. Wouldn't be much of a warning if she did now, would it?

As Spectra said that she would come willingly, the light in the lens would flicker out.

"A pity."

She did not specify if she meant it were a pity that Ludvic weren't dead, or that they would come willingly. Probably both.

She'd reach into her robes, and pull out something. A bound scroll, which she'd hand to Spectra. It appeared to be made of a dark bark, and had a few suspiciously red stains on the outside. If she opened it, she'd find that it was a complex spell, though what kind would be hard to tell, since the symbols and runes kept moving around, swirling and stretching, changing and never halting. Only thing that did seem obvious, were that the lines that made the various, shifting symbols, were made of blood.

"There's a mountain to the east. Go there, find a flat wall, and punch this scroll into the mountain, til your hoof bleeds. Endure, or fail."

She'd have nothing more to say to them, and would move on her way. As for the mountain? The very same they had entered from in the first place. Shouldn't be too hard finding a somewhat smooth surface there, whenever they felt they were ready for the task.

"Well then, that went about as well as it could.

I'm going to assume I should prepare for a cracked hoof? Might I perhaps request we acquire a healing salve of some sort, before we leave town then?"

It seemed rather obvious who would be the one to punch this until they bled. And that would hurt quite a bit, so he would prefer having some sort of remedy prepared for him for afterwards.

(Magloria)

A wave of sadness and sorrow, tinged with pity would radiate from Veil, as she heard of Magloria's lost friend.

"I'm sorry to hear about your friend."

Could be anything she had died from, but whatever it were, it didn't seem to wake up pleasant memories in Magloria. Seemed to be some that made her kind of... No, she really couldn't tell. Could be anger, could be resentment. Could be anything from the friend betraying her, and her needing to kill her, to just the memories being too painful for her to want to remember. Veil really didn't know, and she didn't feel like she had much in the way of a right to dig into things further. Cause whatever the case, Magloria did not seem like she wanted to speak further of her friend.

"I dunno about the justice though... Yes, it is obviously good that they are handled, but it's more... Spectra is Equestria's issue, but isn't Malevolence mostly Caneighda's right now? Though I guess... If either of them are ignored for too long, they'll be a problem for everyone.

It's a uhm... Messy situation. But I have faith in you."

She didn't get further, before the guard returned, yawning slightly before he went down into a seat, and had a look out the window. The trip's barely started, so they had quite the way yet to go.

"Oh! Uhm... H-Hi again. Is everything okay?"

"Yep. You had a rat problem though. Had to take care of it."

It took a few seconds before she realized what Golden meant with that, and got a bit nervous by that, to be honest.

"Won't you get in t-trouble for that?"

"Pff, are you kidding me? If General Tidal Wave hears about this, she'll probably give me a hoof bump. Worst thing that'll come from this, is perhaps a week in the oyster field, just to show that she ain't ignoring issues, and that's a pretty chill post. A bit dull, but y'know, can't hurt with things going dull every now and again."

"Your uhm... General sounds very uh.... Unique."

"Oh don't get me wrong. If I had gone off on a civilian without reason, or actually hurt him, I'd have been getting properly reprimanded. But he's fine, and she doesn't like bigots either.

The Coastal Guard ain't as rigid as the royal branches. We got our own rules and standards. And frankly, we're better than the pompous city dwellers. They got lazy from standing about guarding hallways too long. We're out fighting most of the time. You ever heard about the many things that gets into Equestria, that's come crawling out of the ocean?"

"...No."

"That's cause we stop 'em before they get that far. Though a sea serpent tend to slip through every now and again. Sometimes on purpose. Some of 'em are rather nice folks.

Anyway, you just let me handle the aftermath of this, lil' one. I'll let him out in like, ten minutes or so. Outta be enough time for him to get the hint."

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

To be entirely honest, Spectra didn't like this griffon at all. She was quite unsettling to look at and also quite rude. If given a chance, perhaps she would have the interest in dealing with this rude griffon on her own. But that would not be something she consider herself capable of doing - knowing that Le Perinne was always watching. No doubt Le Perinne herself knew of Spectra's dealings her. If Le Perinne wanted her gone she felt as if she wouldn't be having such a pleasant time as she is now, relatively speaking.

Spectra would take the scroll in her hoof - before opening it up to gaze upon what it was. A complex spell, that much was obvious. However another thing that was obvious was the shifting lines made of blood. Whatever this complex spell was, she didn't understand what it was. Very interesting to say the least. Spectra would look to the Griffon and speak briefly. "It will be done." she spoke, though did not bow her head this time. 

As for Operata, she'd turn to him and accept his suggestion. "Precisely. Though, I will be the one to enact our instructions. You will merely observe." she spoke and turned away before she would keep her eyes on the lookout for anything that would be of use to finding a healing salve - or potion. It were something that they were likely going to need anyway. It were a smart idea. Perhaps if Operata hadn't mentioned that, she wouldn't have brought it up herself. She couldn't lie - having someone around to cover your blindspots was a smart thing to do. 

(Magloria)

Magloria would straighten up as she felt the wave of emotion across her from Veil. Her expression turned to one of cold disinterest. Magloria were wondering why her guard slipped on that, finding it to be a mistake she'll never make again. A look of disdain came across her face as she righted herself - attempting to do away with what just happened. Her look of disdain would fade, being replaced by the cold disinterest yet again. Magloria was not interested in sympathy and so, said nothing.

"It doesn't matter who owns the land. What matters is that Malevolence and Spectra can go anywhere they please and wreak havoc on wherever they go. Equestrians and their rivals always had the concept of land ownership at the forefront of their minds. It doesn't matter who owns the land, if everyone will collectively suffer." Magloria would reply to Veil's statement with commitment to what she believed. Magloria truly didn't feel loyal to anyone, anymore. Back in the day she was only involved with the Equestrians, and sailed under their banner to get somewhere in life. Her true nature, was that of in a non-aligned town called Creamwood. There, her parents met, a forbidden marriage of a Zebra Mare and an Equestrian Unicorn stallion. It was a theme that repeated in her life. Wanting nothing to do with Equestrians, but being wrapped up in their problems. 

It were something she wanted to break out of.

Magloria would listen to Veil and the guard's conversation, and a question struck her mind. Magloria normally didn't ask questions, but felt one coming about in her mind. "Are there any nations of ponies, who are not apart of Equestria, or Troy?" she asked, wondering if her town of Creamwood - which was on the border of the Zebra lands at that time still was something that existed.

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

Operata were surprised, but very well. She were the boss after all. Far be it for him to say that she could not hurt herself, instead of making him do it.

As for potions, salves, and so forth? It'd take about thirty seconds to find someone selling some. Another minute to find one who Operata mumbled weren't a scammer. The second one they'd find, were a griffon, surrounded by various flasks, and were brewing at the time they approached. The brown avian with the blue feathers would raise a talon, signaling for them that it would be a moment as they approached, and she would continue to add what looked like kind of withered skin. Or a strange, pale bark. It were probably bark honestly.

When she were done, she'd turn, and silently sell them a healing salve, and a potion. There were a discount for getting both, so might as well take advantage of that.

Soon as they were done trading with her, she'd put the money into a pouch in her belt, and then got back to work. Not a single word were exchanged during that. She did not even open her beak. And if they asked her questions, she'd just shake her head, and point towards a sign on the desk. It had a carving of a beak with a cross over it, along with an odd, Zebrican rune to the side. If one could read that, it said *Penance*.

With all that said and done, they could be on their way back to the mountain, and off to see if they could find a somewhat flat wall. Which should not be hard. If nothing else, one could be made. Just had to crush a spot of rocks. Either of them should be able to do that fairly easily.

(Magloria)

"Several. Caneighda is a majority equine nation. As is Germaine, Saddle Sarabia, Neighpon, most of Scadineighvia, as so forth. Depending on if you count equines of all kinds, then there's also several underwater ones ruled by sea horses or mermaids, the expansive Shadow Woodlands and a few other places where bat ponies primarily comes from, like the Shimmerwood Forest, the Archback mountains, or the Duskwood Isle. And of course, there's Zebrica, which is the primary nation in which the zebra's rule.

If you're asking to look for allies, I wouldn't count much on the underwater tribes, unless your target have a fondness for trying to fight on open sea. Sure some of the races can make it out, but most prefer to stay below the waves. Frankly only ever think I've seen one Mermaid out of water, and that's Sergeant Kelp at our headquarters in Shark Bay. Looks dainty, but she didn't get to sergeant rank by blinking innocently and asking nicely. She packs a real kick."

"A mermaid? That sounds nice."

"She's a sweet gal really. You'd like her."

Veil were getting more interested in this *Shark Bay* town, the more she heard about it. Maybe someday, she'd be able to go there, and then see what things were herself. It sounded like there might be some nice ponies there at least. Plus she really wanted to see a mermaid. The books she had read, always made them out to be such beautiful, graceful creatures.

"Now the Thestral controlled areas, they're nice from what I hear, except the Archback Mountain place, as those are some hostile sorts. But beyond that, you can have a good chatter. Just keep in mind they're mostly living in places without a lotta sunlight, so you might need to adjust your eyes a bit.

Now the zebra... Weird folks. Nice and all, but weird, with that constant rhyming, seemingly knowing a fair bit more than they outta, and their brewing of all sorta stuff. Met a few here and there though, and once you get past the way they talk, they're alright folks. Not sure how much they'd wanna fight, but they could probably provide a useful elixir, or some insight into things, if needed. Communicating with the spirits and all that.

Of course, if that's your thing, you could also just go speak with the Macabre Clan."

"Who're they?"

"Bunch of ponies, that lives an hour and a half or so from Canterlot, in a remote forest. It's a place made of a Breezie town, a Thestral town, and a Pegasus town. Got a ruling council between 'em, calling themselves the *Three Wing Council*. The Macabre Clan's their security in the area more or less, and apparently all the mares of that family, can speak with the dead. A fair few apparently also practice some variations of light necromancy. I can't say I've seen a lot myself, but I join in on the evening parades that's sometimes in the thestral town, and see a few here and there."

"N-Necromancy?"

A wave of worry and fear came from Veil.

"Low rung stuff from what I've been told. I dunno the sort of deal they have with the princess, but apparently they get a pass on it for some reason. Ones I've seen seems nice, but I hear their matriarch is a tough ol' mare. Somepony you would know you've seen if you do."

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

Spectra would keep her eyes open for anyone who could sell them a healing potion. The first one they found was a scammer, and Spectra said nothing to that. If this were on her terms, she'd put those of that sort in their place right there and then. Spectra wasn't someone who others could freely mess with and get away with it. Here? She had to relax a little and be more cautious of her surroundings. Who knows what could happen if she got involved with the wrong personality - that could reveal her location to authorities? As unlikely as that were to happen it were definitely something she didn't want to happen. 

Spectra would approach the griffon, her eyes scanning over what she was doing. Spectra would pay up the appropriate amount for the potion and be away with it. Spectra didn't feel the need to exchange any words in that encounter either. It was better for silence to be said rather than anything else - unless something needed to be said, of course. Turning away from the area, Spectra would set her mind to finding a suitable location as instructed to her. The word "Penance" reigned in her mind on the way there, was that the Griffon's name or did that refer to something else? Either way, she didn't have the heart to ask.

It would take them a while to find a suitable location for a mountain. But they'd eventually find exactly what they needed. Spectra remained dead silent throughout the entire way. Maybe she was thinking about something? Or planning something? Not that Operata would know, as she stayed silent.

Spectra would remove the scroll from her saddlebag, and proceed to suddenly punch her hoof and the scroll into the wall. Spectra did it without flinching one bit, the sounds of her punching the wall - was likely not something for the faint of heart, nor how she did it without hesitation. 

(Magloria)

Magloria would think over what she was told silently. None of those names were familiar to her in the least. Must all be nations that arose and came to be well after her stasis lock. "Hmph. None of which are familiar to me." she spoke, with an almost casual disinterest in her tone. Whether or not that was intentional - was unclear. "Everything has changed, yet some things stay the same..." she narrowed her eyes, clearly referring to Spectra in that statement. Then she would listen further to what Golden Hay was telling them.

Magloria would lean back in her seat as if pondering whether or not to speak much, but she would decide that there was no real harm in speaking of things that happened more than a thousand years ago. "Merfolk were common in the seas I've sailed. Not all of them were friendly. Thestrals were ones I never encountered in all my travels." she spoke, looking to Golden Hay. The conversation about the Zebras brought up an interesting idea. When all was said and done, maybe she'll return home to Creamwood? Though, it probably doesn't exist anymore, nor would have the same name. She would return there with the morbid curiosity of wanting to know if it was possible what happened to her parents. As abusive as her father was towards her...she still wanted to know his fate. They were both alive by the time she got trapped by Spectra.

"Finding allies. Something to consider." she spoke, imagining herself assembling a crew to defeat Spectra. It would be something...not out of her realm of possibility. She was once a captain, after all. "Before I entertain the idea of focusing on anything else, it will make the most sense to enter Canterlot first, and present this case to the Princesses." she decided, finding this information very interesting, though something to consider acting upon at a later date. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

Punching the scroll didn't do anything, until the force of the hit caused blood to spring from her hoof, and impact the spellwork on the scroll itself. That would be the activation code as it were, and the spell would settle, burst out, red tendrils growing from the paper, yet limiting itself to a rough shape. One that would be filled with tendrils as the seconds went by, seemingly making itself into the shape of a gate. As soon as that were filled up entirely, a pulse of magic would go over it, and it would settle. It would then just stand there, blood magic swirling towards the middle endlessly. A portal to another place, made of old magic. A barbaric sort that hadn't been properly used for a long time. Which also meant it were harder to track, and thus suited Le Perinne well. It also showed the worth of her devoted, that they would willingly bleed to obey.

If they did not move in soon, a voice would slither out of there. Female in nature, though obscured somewhat, by being on the other side of this gate.

"Come forth."

When they'd eventually have to, they'd find themselves in a dark room, with not a flicker of light, though they would be able to hear something. A rumbling far, far above them. And then, out of nowhere, a movement. A clawrunning across the floor, magical sparks running across the tip of a claw that when shown in even a little light, were shown to be larger than the both of them stood atop one another.

As the magic ran, several magical torches would light up, and show a large cave. On either side of them, making a rough tunnel shape leading forward, would be griffons like the one they had meet. A dozen in total, standing completely motionless, eyes covered by the hoods of their robes. Yet they might hardly take note of them, considering the far bigger presence. That being the dragon that the large claw belonged to.

Le Perinne were best described as large for a dragon, but small for an elder. In fact, she were the smallest of the known elder dragons, but she made up for that in cunning, intellect, and most of all, magic. It were practically oozing from her, as well as the various rings that she possessed. One on each finger, several on her horns, and a half dozen near the tip of her tail too. Several in different materials, though one on her index fingers, both her horns, and near tip of her tail, were in the same material. A translucent, gem-like stone, known as Minostralum. An exceedingly rare material, that were sought out for its ability to interact with magic, to a point where it were even one of the easiest to ensoul. Though most that were found in Equestria, were confiscated by the royal guard, under the rule of Princess Celestia, for purposes unknown. Le Perrine clearly didn't much care for that exclusivity.

The dragoness were light purple, with dark green stripes on her back, and a crimson colored belly. She wore nothing else, than the rings, and sat calmly on the ground, looking down upon these tiny creatures that were approaching her.

"Welcome to my territory, little ones. I am Le Perrine."

She'd twirl her right index finger, and the gate behind them would close. They didn't have to worry. They'd get back where they came from again. If they didn't mess up here.

As the saying went: It's not smart, angering someone whose teeth are bigger than you.

Not a widely used saying, but it had its moments of truth.

Spectra would be wise to not get tempted to try something too, even if all the magic practically oozing from this dragoness, might be tempting. It were unclear if she were as strong as Fright, but Fright were very humble with how much of her magic were shown, whilst Le Perrine either didn't care, or actively put on a show, to show some level of dominance. Either way, she'd certainly exclude significant power, and were clearly more controlled and focused, than one like Malevolence. It would be wise to not get on her bad side.

(Magloria)

On 2023-07-29 at 8:40 PM, Magloria said:

"Merfolk were common in the seas I've sailed. Not all of them were friendly. Thestrals were ones I never encountered in all my travels."

"There's some violent ones, but most towns they got are just very territorial. We've been trying to parley and get in talks with the one Sergeant Kelp came from for years now, but not gotten all that far. They're slow to trust, not wanting to risk something with the wrong sort and all that. They've never gotten hostile with us though. They know we're defenders of the sea, much as we're taking care of things trying to rush up from it, and cause havoc. They acknowledge and respect, that we care for the ocean, and its creatures. But a dozen or so generals back, we had one that were... Well, not exactly subtle about how he felt about their sort. They're hesitant risking making good talks with us, and then have another one like that come to power again."

On 2023-07-29 at 8:40 PM, Magloria said:

"Finding allies. Something to consider." she spoke, imagining herself assembling a crew to defeat Spectra. It would be something...not out of her realm of possibility. She was once a captain, after all. "Before I entertain the idea of focusing on anything else, it will make the most sense to enter Canterlot first, and present this case to the Princesses." she decided, finding this information very interesting, though something to consider acting upon at a later date. 

"One thing at a time. I can respect that sorta focus."

"H-How long until we're there?"

"Eh, half an hour or so? Better to just sit back, and enjoy the ride."

And so, if no one had anything else to say, they could just do that. The bird would eventually fall asleep on Veil's head, leaving her her paws free to try and practice some harmless magic. She wanted to see if she could do some sort of healing spell, and would try to harness that, focusing on a scar the guard had. Golden just let her at it, thinking there weren't any harm in it.

Wouldn't happen a lot at first, as she kept concentrating and getting frustrated. But when she tried to relax, and just feel calm, the magic would flow, and a soothing, mint-green mist would flow from her paws, gently brushing over his skin, and as it hit the scar, it would begin to stitch itself together in a timely fashion. She were pretty stoked about that, though she did also then do something strange. She'd jump up high, over the guard himself, and pat another wound she saw near his exposed neck, with the underside of her paw. A quick pat, like she were a playful cat. That too would flourish up, and begin to heal, though she'd be embarrassed afterwards, claiming she didn't know what had come over her.

Golden Hay would say that he didn't mind, and thank her for the minor patch up. She'd stop for now though, wondering what had come over her. Whatever it were, she felt like she had to try and understand it, because it hadn't felt bad, just weird. Somewhat natural too? It were hard to explain.

either way, they would eventually reach Canterlot, and getting out of the train, they would not see the one that had been after them before. He had wisely gone elsewhere. And as the doors opened, and let them out, they'd be greeted with the splendor and grandiose sight of Canterlot itself. A sight that took the breath away from many, at first sight. Still did for Veil too, even though she had been here before. It were just so... Big and colorful. Hard for her not to be at least a little bit in awe.

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

As Spectra slammed her hoof into the wall with the scroll, she grunted in pain until blood would be spilled. Her grunts were seemingly animalistic and ferocious, that of a predator who was willing to do what was needed to destroy and conquer. It was a primal explosion of energies that ripped throughout Spectra - of the absolute desire to dominate, destroy, and conquer, much like an alpha wolf or some equivalent. When her blood was spilled, Spectra would observe the curious display of the portal opening with the ancient blood magic pouring out through the air. It was quite a sight to behold. A sight that conveyed to her what Spectra was trifling with. 

The slithering voice that called out to them was something that struck her as interesting. Spectra did not have it in her mind that she was going to be going anywhere involving a portal. Taking the chance, she would enter inside the portal and did not look back at Operata. It was a way of showing that she was absolutely committed to committing this risky action. 

Spectra was granted by the darkness of the area. The loud rumbling was definitely something she didn't like. Mentally, she was preparing herself for a fight. Hopefully she wouldn't just get stomped instantly, but the thought had occurred to her that was a possibility. Would be a pitiful death. If Spectra had an ideal way to go out, it would be to go down engaged in glorious combat. Going down fighting is the most honorable thing one can do in her eyes. 

Either way, she didn't have the intentions to fight here. 

Upon seeing the large claw, Spectra would also notice the torches begin to illuminate and she quickly spotted the griffons in robes. One could call them cultists, but either way - they were dwarfed in comparison to the massive hulking draconic form that was Le Perinne. Spectra felt concerned, not intimidated, but concerned. Le Perinne was not someone she planned on fighting - though if she threw the first strike, it would be on. Spectra wouldn't however.

"It is pleased to meet you here, Le Perinne. We have some important matters to discuss." Spectra said with a polite, and respectful bow.

(Magloria)

"There's some violent ones, but most towns they got are just very territorial. We've been trying to parley and get in talks with the one Sergeant Kelp came from for years now, but not gotten all that far. They're slow to trust, not wanting to risk something with the wrong sort and all that. They've never gotten hostile with us though. They know we're defenders of the sea, much as we're taking care of things trying to rush up from it, and cause havoc. They acknowledge and respect, that we care for the ocean, and its creatures. But a dozen or so generals back, we had one that were... Well, not exactly subtle about how he felt about their sort. They're hesitant risking making good talks with us, and then have another one like that come to power again."

Magloria assumed the Merfolk were ones to take first impressions quite seriously. It were something that she could relate to, honestly. Magloria did not feel the need to respond to this - but it was interesting to think about. Magloria remembered a few encounters with them. One encounter was hostile with one attacking the ship she was on - but they managed to get away from that situation before worse would happen. The other was when one was spotted in the distance near another shipwreck. Back in those times, Merfolk caused a lot of shipwrecks and there was nothing ponies could do about it. They were far more maneuverable and able to hide underwater where ponies couldn't go. 

"Eh, half an hour or so? Better to just sit back, and enjoy the ride."

Magloria would offer a small nod and then she'd sit back and go silent. Talking. That was quite a costly thing for her, mentally. She preferred to talk as little as possible, even to herself. She wasn't sure why she was like this - it may have something to do with how she feels around others. That they will never understand or ever relate to her. That she is different. That she is an outsider who is not deserving of friendship or relations. Thinking about that...lead to some unpleasant memories rolling through her head.

Then looking over to Veil and seeing the little Phoenix sleeping on her head made her think that Veil had it far worse than she has, and Veil was able to try to be happy - what made the case for herself different? Why couldn't she be happy? That was a question that she had no answer to. It's one she would reserve for the after life. Why her life was a waste of negativity despite the success she otherwise should have felt in doing what it is that she did.

Upon seeing Veil's actions with her healing ability, Magloria would ever so think to herself that perhaps there is hope in this world after all. If only Sky Sweep was here beside her, to feel it. 

With that, Magloria would remain silent until they arrived in Canterlot. When they arrived, she would slowly get up from her seat and look out the window to lay her eyes upon the city - for she has not seen such a place of prominence in over a thousand years. She's been here many times before, for important business here or there, traveling, or just plain visiting in secret. 

Time to see what she was up against. With that, she'd lead the way off the train. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

"I can imagine. The old cow sent you to me, I know that. But you're not just here for her errands. No, you're collecting things, I see."

She'd twirl her claw, and a magical copy of Spectra rose up from the floor, and lingered in front of the dragoness, being twirled around, to give her a better look, at the projection essentially.

"A Chrosnian blade, and a set of Arcadian high rank armor. Rare sights to see out in the open."

She'd close her hand, and the copy vanished.

"You're a curious little one, aren't you? Very well then. Present what the old cow sent with you. Let me see it myself. Then we can talk business."

If she were presented with the hair and scale, she'd take her hand down, and pick them up, between the tips of her claws. They'd get risen up, and the elder dragon would take a deep sniff, before a rumbling chuckle would escape her.

"Yes, it's his alright. It seems the time has come.

Hmhm. But that is a matter for me. You want the box, that much I do know. She wouldn't send this message without that being her goal. But do tell, what do You want, little pony? What drives you to run this errand, and seek me out, while wearing such treacherous garments?"

She were not against the idea of parting with some things, for the right price. But she wanted to know who this oddity in front of her were, and what pray tell, her goal were with this meeting. Le Perrine were one that most actively avoided ever meeting in person, and for good reason. She didn't tolerate idiocy all that long, nor those there to simply waste her time.

But this one wore armor from a rather peculiar place, as well as a weapon that few were dumb enough to wield, and fewer still were found worthy of. And as for the former thing mentioned... That armor were resonating with this one, to a certain extend. Enough to make her curious, and willing to entertain this one. There might be something that a mare with such... Peculiar traits, had top say or offer, that were of interest to her.

(Magloria)

Veil metaphorically held her breath as they stepped off the train, expecting something bad might happen... But nothing. Sure she got some looks, and one stallion ended up walking into a sign, because his eyes were focused on her, befuddled by what he saw, but beyond that, most just went on their way naturally.

"Something up?"

(Giving Golden a color from here on out)

Golden would wander out last, wondering why it were that Veil had suddenly stopped up.

"I just... K-Kinda expected a worse reception."

"I think the Canterlot folks are getting jaded to new things these days, and just assuming that you're part of a new race that Princess Twilight took contact too. Props where props are due, she does well in putting up some good relations with others."

Honestly, he could respect that. She were not perfect, but at her age, she were handling her responsibilities fairly well, and had been part in causing a tremendous amount of good will towards newly seen races, as well as some they had been enemies for a long time. She lived up to her title, and were one that General Tidal Wave were hoping would accept one of her invitations to come to Shark Bay. She had a lot of stuff she wanted to show, and to get a better look of the young mare herself. Ponyville were pretty far from their shores, so it wasn't a simple trip to make, and she had so far, not been near, when the general had been called in for a meeting with the others in Canterlot.

Moving ahead, they'd get some more looks, but no confrontations. Not until they were near the castle, though the two solar guards that looked over, were quickly more focused on Golden. He might be wearing borrowed Solar Guard gear, but the trident that the Coastal Guards were trained to use, made it impossible not to see where he were from.

"Awh, just look at that. The little pretender wants to be a real guard."

"Can't be easy. The Solar Guards only take the best after all."

"Yeah, he should probably return to where the weak ones g-"

That one wouldn't get further, before Golden literally just pushed past him, acting like he weren't even there, and not bothering giving a response. Something that made the guard sneer.

"If that's how you're gonna be, then get lost, sea rat."

"Or should we just arrest you for trespassing?"

The second guard would withdraw some hoofcuffs from his armor, yet Golden still wouldn't respond. Just keep going towards the entrance. This clearly just made the two pegasi angrier, to the point where they started to get closer, and the second one stood ready with the hoofcuffs, prepared to teach this impudent pretend guard a lesson.

They'd get within a few inches, and then in a fluid motion, as the cuff were about to be put around his left back leg, he'd push himself backwards hard, causing a scuffle with the two other guards not expecting him to move that way, and in the ruckus, they'd fall down, dust rising. The second would flap that away fast enough, though it would reveal the first guard, with his front right hoof, and back left hoof, cuffed together on his back, stretching the chain to its limit.

"Oof. Unfortunate fall you had there, mate. Got you all tangled up in your friends toy. I'd get that checked on, before you pulls a muscle."

The guard went looking for the key in his armor, but wouldn't find one. Golden would let out a whistle, making him look up, to see said key resting on his hoof. He'd casually toss it towards them, then start making his way further in, while signaling to the others.

"Tsk tsk. You outta be careful. Imagine if you had lost this.

Veil? Magloria? Come on. We got a meeting to sort. Just wander past the toy soldiers."

"You aren't going anywhere! You just assaulted a guard, so both you, that pony, and your fre-"

This time, he'd stop, because there were suddenly the long middle prong of a trident poking him in the forehead, and Golden looking at him deadpan on the other end. The guard hadn't even seen him draw the weapon proper, focused more on talking, than on the one in front of him drawing the weapons like a trained fighter, and stopping it at just the right spot, where it'd hit, but not cause blood to flow down.

"I ain't caring what a couple of lazy hall monitors says 'bout me, but don't go insulting the civilians. Even you outta be above that."

"They certainly should be."

A voice would come from behind the guard, where a pegasus had flown down, wearing unusual armor. Didn't make Golden flinch in the slightest, though he'd retract his trident, and turn around. The trident's dull end would be tapped into the ground, and Golden would salute the newcomer.

"Captain Hailstorm."

cPIxACZ.png

The captain were dressed a fair bit warmer than most would, seeing as it were early Autumn, but he were a cold blooded sort. Came from a hotter region of Equestria, and never got used to the lower temperatures around here.

"You two, stop embarrassing yourself further, and go do rounds."

They'd do as they were told, soon as the first one had gotten unlocked from his chains.

"One of the Coastal Guards on loan I take it? Guessing one of the smaller provinces, that we're having issues covering these days?"

"Yes sir. Been asked to escort Veil and Magloria here to report somethin' rather bad coming. Magloria figures it's best that it's brought to the princesses, and the mayor agreed on it."

Thee captain would give a scrutinizing look towards Veil and Magloria - the former more, due to her being a peculiar sight - then nodded slightly.

"Report what the issue is to me please. I need to know if this is a matter for the princesses, or the generals. I am assuming it is related in some way, to this kitsune?"

He were observing them closely, as he waited for Magloria to respond. A better impression of the guards, than the two clowns from before, and the current one she needed to convince to lead them on. As a captain of the Solar Guards, hailstorm were high enough up the ranks, to give them access to whomever they had to speak to, but he needed to make sure they were not just wasting the time of whomever they came here for.

@Blitz Boom

Spectra would listen to what Le Perinne had to say, calmly. She expected that Le Perinne would take an interest in her articles of choice - that being her Arcadian Armor and her dangerous blade that chose her to be it's wielder. Perhaps it would have been a better choice to hide them, but in not doing so would allow Le Perinne to see that this mare was indeed serious about her business here. Spectra was more serious than anything at the moment. Get a new body. Defeat Malevolence. Find a way to destroy the Elements of Harmony, then take out the Princesses. Whatever chaos that ensued from that - would be up for the world itself to sort out. She'd have to do it discreetly to not attract the attention of those more powerful than her.

However, there were many steps to take to get that far. Many indeed. 

"Here you go." Spectra would speak as she handled the hair and scale to Le Perinne, allowing her to assess it first. To Le Perinne's questions, she would smirk. It were time to be a little more honest than she otherwise would have been.

"I am the last of my kind. I am Arcadian. I have traveled Equestria and beyond for many centuries - and for so long I have sought to wear the armor of my people. Every action I take, is to defeat the one called Malevolence. The one who spent nearly 60 years biding his time to create a plan to destroy this world. I nearly perished in my encounter with him. I was lucky enough to survive the tale - and what you see, is the result." she spoke, with a leering grin as she bowed before her.

"While many ponies who walk this plane of existence pursue power for power's sake - I have seen the rise and fall of Empires, in my travels. I saw Equestria before the founding of the Monarchy, I saw when King Neptune passed the throne onto his son, Triton." she were speaking the truth. Spectra was around many years before Starswirl, and only upon leaving Arcadia - did she come across him, and pursue her attempt to find a cure for herself under his name.

Of course he didn't. Nobody could. So she would. Then from there...the rest was history. 

"I care not what alignments those of this land have for each other. My cause is my own. My own ideals pre-date the founding of Equestria itself." she spoke earnestly. The truth was? Spectra were no hero. She were just a parasite who sought to gather power and destroy if needed. In an attempt to cure herself. Little did she know, her condition...was far more deeply rooted than a simple. cure. It were a mental one.

One that would require someone to look into her mind and see that indeed, her mind is beyond broken. Inside her mind lie dastardly and devious plans that would land her a special place in banishment.

When that day comes, whether Spectra want it or not...her fate shall be decided.

"For those reasons, I stand before you as I am now." her head rose, and she looked into Le Perinne's eyes. The look in Spectra's eyes was...nothing. There was nothing to see in her eyes. No ambition, no hope, no joy. Nothing. It was as if she were jaded.

(Magloria)

Magloria would step off of the train and assess her surroundings. Canterlot. Finally. She were finally here - it was time to get down to business. But she couldn't help but look at the various buildings she could see from the train station. There were many opulent displays of wealth. Marble statues. Whites and golds were the most common hue - with many tall spires that looked like they could poke a hole in the sky. Canterlot has changed. To say it has changed would be an understatement. Back then, Canterlot was just a major city in Equestria. The two Princesses back then ruled from the Castle of the Two Sisters - that now lay within the Everfree Forest. Something that didn't exist over 1,500 years ago when Magloria saw the world. 

Magloria did not even know what to expect of the Princesses. She had heard from Veil that the younger sister, Luna had been banished within the moon for a thousand years because of her corruption. What a similar fate to her own, she thought. Perhaps Luna may the most forthcoming of the two. Celestia always reigned over a land of wealth, but wealth founded on many hollow lies and utopian idealism. The war between Troy and Equestria being one such instance of Celestia's folley. 

Magloria would look to Veil as she seemed to be apprehensive about showing herself due to her appearance. Her cold eyes shot Veil a single look, as if acknowledging her concerns before she turned away and continued to walk. Her stride was cold, and unwavering.

The two lackey Solar Guards seemingly had attempted to harass Golden Hay for whatever reason. Magloria shot them both a silent death stare. Golden Hay, Veil, and herself were here on official business and she was not about to waste her time around "hall monitors" like Golden Hay said. She'd do nothing against the two of them, preferring to allow the two of them to just embarrass themselves further. It wasn't her problem or her role to deal with them. 

With silence, she'd observe Hailstorm as he revealed himself and told the two "hall monitor" guards off. That pleased her enough to have a basic level of respect for him. Magloria would step forward, the look in her eyes indicating she meant business.

"There exists a grave and hidden threat in this world that has gone un-noticed for many centuries. Her name is Spectral Fade. A mare of power, who pre-dates Equestria itself has been abducting many ponies to turn them into living batteries to fuel her magic. Recently, she reportedly engaged in deadly combat with the one known as Malevolence, formerly known as Duke Mindstorm." Magloria began, her eyes with that unwavering sense of seriousness.

"I have the information to where Spectral Fade's main base of operations is. In the Green Mountains. The tallest peak, there is a trap door hidden within the rock that can take you inside. Inside, is many stolen things from Equestria and beyond, but also many ponies who have been frozen in stasis for centuries. Cut off her source of power, and she has none. But I will warn you that she has many other lairs elsewhere I do not know of. If enough of her power is cut off, she will notice and immediately take action. I was informed that she was last headed towards Kludgetown, but whether or not she is still there, I do not know." Magloria spoke, a foreboding tone in her voice.

"I have been in stasis for over 1,500 years, and was re-awakened within the past few days. Veil here is a victim of Malevolence. One who is arguably worse than Spectral Fade, he seeks to corrupt and destroy everything in this world to his grand and insidious designs. Two forces of evil, who will fight each other to the death if it comes to it. But if either of them shall win, Equestria any beyond will be in grave danger. They both must be stopped." Magloria's head lowered slightly.

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

Le Perrine seemed to have a knowing smirk on her face, as Spectra spoke. It were obvious that she knew something that the mare did not, yet whatever or not she'd share... Now that were another matter entirely. Still, she'd listen for now, somewhat intrigued at this ambitious little pony.

"So Malevolence roams the land again. And here I thought it would take at least another century before that nuisance would stick their heads forth again. Still, that is not a concern of mine. The daconequui deals with that, as they always have, and they will be alarmed by now. That situation will correct itself soon enough.

As for you-"

She'd reach her claw down, and use it sideways, to lift surprisingly gently under the chin of Spectra, as she leaned a little closer herself. Spectra were but a spec in that eye, reflecting her entirely, as the slit eye met her gaze.

"Such emptiness, that lays in that gaze. Devoid of fear, or devoid of everything, but your ambition? A potential problem... Or someone with the makings of promise."

She'd pull herself, and her claw back, and sit calmly, risen high above them both. Operata had not said a word, and unless he were spoken to, he wouldn't either. The less focus on him from one like Le Perrine, the better in his mind.

"My collection is vast, in objects of interest, and knowledge. Perhaps I could be persuaded to offer an object of some power, to a trueborn Arcadian? Provided you'd be willing to do me a favor in return, that is. Arcadians of old, were never shy of trading with me, and proved often to be well worth entrusting with certain tasks in return. I imagine you might be willing, where others have decided they won't anymore.

Ah, and don't think I haven't seen you down there, little morsel. Nor that I don't know who you are. The mad tenor. The noblehunter. A broken pony, seeking vengeance for his wife."

Operata cringed. It seemed he were not so lucky, that he could escape some scrutiny after all.

"You have need of me in some fashion, Madame Le Perrine?"

He'd bow deeply before her. He knew his place here well. And she too, were well aware of that, which made it dangerous for him to be testing waters, or do something foolish, like act as if he were an equal.

"Perhaps. Are you familiar with Pearl Gate?"

Operata gritted his teeth, which made the dragoness chuckle.

"I see the name rings a bell. Good. I will return to you about that, some other time. But for now, let us focus on you, Arcadian."

(Magloria)

Hailstorm would listen, not appearing to be in either disbelief, or trusting their words on this. In his position, trusting the words of complete strangers, could cause harm. Yet so would it if he went and tossed aside everything he heard, as an ignored warning, could end up in countless deaths. It were a matter of finding out when to believe, and when to ignore. That said, as she finished, he would have a response ready for her. Though perhaps not the one she had wanted.

"While we can't ignore a potential threat to the kingdom, you are spinning quite the tale. I acknowledge that there is the potential that it holds merit though, due in part to having recently gotten the news from Caneighda, and because your friend here is certainly out of the ordinary.

However, the burden of proof thus lay on you here, and since you don't seem to bring anything tangible about the one you speak of, I will have to ask that we instead verify in other ways. Will you submit willingly to a magical scan? It will quickly prove or reject your claim of stasis, and if proven correct, I will take you to the generals myself, to arrange for a regiment to take action in this matter.

Normally I must also insist on civilians like wearing anti-magical armaments, in case they appear to have magic, for safety reasons, but I would assume that would cause some trouble with you?"

The last sentence would be said towards Veil, who'd hesitate, but nod slightly.

"I don't know for sure, s-sir, but please don't. I'm... I dunno. I think made of magic, and these wooden carvings. Duke M-Mindstorm did this. I can't say what it... I j-just don't know."

"She's a good kid, sir. She'll behave."

"Potentially. I ask that you please refrain from casting any magic whilst inside, unless asked to. Furthermore, if you are related to the incident in Caneighda, I will have to ask you to answer some questions later, before you leave."

"I can do that, s-sir."

"Good then. If you agree then, we can proceed. It will take less than ten minutes, so it will not impede the urgency you have."

He'd look towards Magloria as he said so, remaining neutral, and respectful. He would however, stand firm on this. Deploying a regiment were a costly, and potentially dangerous affair, to send for a wild goose chase. They'd need proof, and so far, she hadn't presented more than her words, and what might be anything from an actual kitsune, to some kind of special golem. Others might have believed her word alone so far, yet he had to see proof. If they could confirm her age, that would be enough, which a scan would be able to. ponies that long ago, had some unique traces on them, that were not around anymore.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Kluge Town)

Spectra had assumed that Malevolence had been dealt with time and time again by those more powerful than her in centuries past. It were something she could very well do. Let it slide and let someone else take care of it. For now, that is what she was doing while she was arming herself up to the teeth. The first phase of that was complete. The Arcadian Armor. The Blade. And the necklace she had received. The next step to that would be to get a new body, so to speak - and what is where her intentions were at the moment. After this, she would return to the Minotaur Elder with what was asked of her and pursue that goal with laser focus. 

As Spectra's chin was gently lifted, she looked into the large eye of Le Perinne. Spectra were a powerful mare, but she knew very well that there were always more powerful than her that could come about and wreck her plans. Le Perinne may possibly be one of those. Spectra would do her best to work with this situation that was given. 

"I would be more than willing to trade with you in the future when my current business dealings have elapsed. You have a lot to offer, and I hope that in the future I would be able to do something for you in turn. There is a lot that either of us may be interested in, my main task as of this moment is preparing for the vanquishing of Malevolence. It may be a long time until Malevolence makes his way about the world again, and when that happens - I wish to be ready for it." she bowed her head slightly.

"When I am complete with my current business dealing, I will then be totally free to discuss whatever trade you wish to do with me. In the time that I will be dealing with my current affairs, you will have all the time in the world to come up with what you wish for me to do in turn. Would that be acceptable?" Spectra asked, not wishing to get ahead of herself and get involved in too many trades at the moment.

First the new body. Then this trade. Sounded like a good plan ahead for her. 

(Magloria)

Magloria's steely gaze would look into Hailstorm's eyes with silence before she would accept his statement. "I realize that what I am telling you may quite frankly sound absurd, but once you confirm the validity of my statements you will realize the paramount importance this has for this world. I will warn you again, Spectral Fade and Malevolence - whichever foe comes about first is extremely powerful. I do not have the power to fight them." Magloria said, admitting that very honestly.

"I am but one mare. Spectral Fade has the magic of dozens, if not hundreds of ponies fueling her magic. The full number of which escapes my ability to know. I can lead you directly to the lair I speak of, but the others that Spectral Fade has? I have no clue about that, and that is something you will likely have to uncover on your own. There may or may not be clues within her main lair, I did not have the time to look. I simply took this armor and supplies I needed to see myself as far from there as I could." she spoke honestly, accept his offer for a magical scan.

Magloria would look to Veil and speak in reference to her, "She can answer any questions you have for her on her own. I wish to begin the scan immediately, and meet with your generals. After the scan, we will discuss options of how to proceed forward." she spoke, very ready to proceed with this. 

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

"I have no issue with that arrangement. There are certain things I would need to prepare, for something to pique your interest."

Oh yes, she certainly believed she knew just what would fascinate this one. But an extra hook to have her listen intently? Le Perrine liked situations like that. It put a certain level of control in her court. Made her able to make more use out of those with potential. Certainly she had her followers, but there were some tasks, that others would be more suited for outsiders. In some cases due to being more expandable. In others, because they had skills more suited for the tasks than her own followers had. They'd see what would be the case here.

"You have a deal then, little one. When it is time, I will know."

Quicker than you'd think one her size could move, she'd jab her hand forward, her claw almost piercing Operata's skull, who did not have the time to react. From the tip, shone a brief, red light, and his eyes would glow. She'd retract her claw after that, whilst he shook his head.

"I do not handle my glasses out to just anyone. Nor the scrolls. When you are done with the old cow now though, I will know."

Operata wished t ask, but he did not want to at the same time. Thinking he would not get an answer, and might annoy by being persistent. He did best in biting his lip, and remain quiet.

As for the spell? Simply a trigger. What it would do were hidden, but something would activate it, and send what were likely a signal back to Le Perrine.

"Icefang, get me the box."

One of the griffons would move from formation, and make their way to somewhere in the back. Nothing were really shown of them, nor did they speak. They did as were ordered by their leader. The way she liked her followers to be.

"It will not take him long. Until then, I wonder what it is that she have offered you. You are armed, and clad in armor. Something still eludes you though, doesn't it? Knowing her... A body, I would assume? Yet even then, I do not think that will sate your hunger, will it? So what comes next?"

There were many kinds of power one could chase after. This one seemed the sort who might want it all. immense power, strong gear, a body of some importance, and of course, immortality. Did most not seek that? Or at least a long life? Her faithful certainly did. That is why they were here after all. To prove themselves worthy for their own kind of ascension. One few had yet earned, but all who remained, were worthy of attaining eventually.

(Magloria)

"Good. Let's not tarry then. Follow me please."

He would not respond to what he had heard. He had heard enough before. It were either a severe issue, or they would find her to be a scammer. Though her being willing for the scan were a point in her favor. The frauds rarely agreed with that. instead pressing urgency. Tiresome beings frankly, as they had better things to do than entertain that sort. Something better than antagonize the Coastal Guards too. He'd have to reprimand the two from before later, in some fashion. It wouldn't do that they just wandered around, acting like this.

He wouldn't always do that. A snide comment, or a scowl? Minor things, that could be ignored. But attacking like they had, albeit unsuccessfully, were shameful behavior. And were another time where it showed the folly in doing such a thing. A lot might hold their snout high against the Coastal Guards, thinking them a lesser faction, but that were a mistake in his mind. They might not protect the princesses directly, but they were hardened fighters, and he had personally been on the receiving end of hubris against some of theirs too. As had Shinning Armor. Them both agreeing to a friendly spar at one of their events, and been trounced by some of their officers. Shinning Armor by the then Sergeant Tidal Wave, and himself by a fellow captain. That being Captain Clam Skipper. A seemingly weak little colt-sized thing, that ended up trouncing him. He'd been a good sport about it though. Told Hail Storm that many underestimated him, due to his looks, and invited him for a mug afterwards. Been a nice day honestly.

But these internal things were best dealt with by themselves. No reason to include civilians in that discussion. So he'd store this in his mind for later, and lead them on. Down halls, some with several guards there, that gave some looks, but did not say a word. They were with the captain. Seemed like things were well handled.

Soon enough, they'd stop, and wander through a doorway to their right. In there, they'd find several unicorns, going through many tomes, stacked on countless shelfs, in the spacious room. It appeared by the sections though, that a lot of them were not so much magic tomes, as it were ledgers, or related to general army functions.

Hailstorm would head straight towards an elderly unicorn that were reading over an apparent cook book, scribbling down some notes on a piece of paper next to it. He had started a new page it seemed, but the words *Marginally interesting. Clear for transfer to the O.M.I.* were at least easy to see, if you could read upside down. The pages began vibrating as they got closer, and in response, he'd slam it shut, causing it to stop moving. He'd look up after that, nodding towards the captain, but focusing on Veil. His small glasses pushed up his face.

"Ah, I see why the book reacted then. How fascinating. Is it a golem?"

"Save your questions for another time, Lens Glare. I have a civilian here that I need a comprehensive magical scan of."

The pony would notice Magloria by then, and run a hoof down his bearded neck. Sadly not a long one. They couldn't all be Starswirl.

"Ah, I see. Right now?"

"Yes. It is a priority."

The unicorn would nod, and rise up, leading them to the side, where there were another door. This leading into a small room, with a circle of runes in the middle.

"If you would please stand in this, I will begin. I can assure you, that this will not hurt."

He would not lie. There'd be a flash of magic, various runes would glow, and there'd be a surge running over her briefly, but there'd at worst be a slight tingling. At least for most.

The unicorn however, seemed perplexed.

"Lens?"

"I'm sorry, I must have done something wrong. These readings can't be right."

"Explain."

"If these are right, there's slight traces of minerals and magic on her, that would indicate various kinds of preservation magic were used. Also a sleeping spell, some kind of leeching effect, and an indication that she's been under these for somewhere between 1400-1600 years."

"Your readings were not wrong. Troubling, but informative. You may see the generals now then."

"It wasn't... Wait, before you go captain... The hall is ready as is. Perhaps-"

"I don't w-want to be scanned. I've been p-prodded and tested enough. I'm not... P-Please don't."

Waves of fear, anxiety and panic started to flow from Veil, as she took a step backwards, away from this even more confused unicorn.

"That won't be necessary. Return to your duties, Lens Glare. I will take things from here."

It seemed the unicorn wanted to say something, but a glare silenced him, and made him nod.

"Of... Of course, Captain Hailstorm. Good tidings for you all."

@Blitz Boom

(Kludgetown)

Spectra would nod to Le Perinne's agreement to trade at a future date. While it may be useful and full of potential - at the moment she couldn't be bothered to fully immerse herself in anything else that wasn't getting a new body. There were many things that awaited for Spectra in the future. Glory. Power. Control. But on the way to that was a new body. One that had more of a fabled past and stronger ability than her own. Once she had that new body? She would be sure that the only ones capable of stopping her would be those at the level of Le Perinne. But even then - she had hopes it wouldn't last for long. 

"Excellent. Take all the time you need." Spectra spoke in a manner that indicated that she wasn't too concerned about doing such a deal in the near future. Besides, as a dragon elder - Le Perinne probably had a lot of patience for these dealings due to her age and wisdom. Something Spectra had in a different sense. Spectra herself had used various potions over the years to extend her lifespan, combined with the stasis spell. But even so that had its limits. Spectra were not truly immortal - she were just extending her lifespan indefinitely. She wanted to become immortal. 

Spectra would look over to what Le Perinne was doing with Operata as if not fully understanding what the situation was with that. The best guess Spectra had was that it was some way to know that when Spectra would be completed with her dealings with the minotaur elder. 

Now, all they had to do was to wait until Le Perinne's followers got hold of what was needed to complete the deal Spectra made with the minotaur elder. Then hopefully she would be well on her way to completing her intended goal. Speaking of that, Spectra would answer that question - "I believe that you would be able to see for yourself, the next time that you and I meet to discuss this deal further. I believe more in showing. Rather than telling." Spectra smirked. It wasn't something she would usually speak of - but it seemed like Le Perinne already knew some of what her goal already was based on what Spectra's appearance were at this moment.

(Magloria)

"Gladly." she spoke. If there were anything she felt a little devious about - it was the fact that she would be known for telling the truth once these scans were completed. Magloria's deviousness and the enjoyment of being in control of situations was one thing she enjoyed the thought of when she was younger. Not that many would know such a thing - she were a very tight lipped mare with the ability to disguise herself. Another ability that Spectra stole from her and used for destruction. The exact details of that phased her mind at the moment, but it were something very real that occurred to her back then when she was captured. 

Not that Magloria were any kind of truly heroic or altruistic sort, but then again? Nobody had to know about that. As far as they were concerned, Magloria were doing a duty to safeguard Equestria. Surely, she couldn't have any ill intent behind that? Who knows.

Magloria would follow without another word, her thoughts pondering over the state of affairs between the guards. The two other guards were rather arrogant and child-like. Solar guards that had the audacity to act with sheer ego in front of other guards. Magloria had no doubt that she would be capable of quickly rising through the ranks with her ability, but would it really be worth it? She weren't too fond of the crown, or alicorns in general. Maybe someday there would be some elite group she could be apart of. Just like before. That were something she would consider highly. Something that is not Equestrian, something that has a respectable goal higher than that of protecting some throne. Then again - she were doing that right now, warning them about a danger they'd previously have absolutely no knowledge of.

As they followed along, Magloria would look at the various other guards and rooms they would pass through as they entered into the building the Canterlot generals and leadership was sat within. It looked fairly standard as far as she was concerned. If a bit too modern, if that was a thing. Magloria preferred things to be styled the way they were before her stasis lock. There were some good things, however - such as the advent of indoor lighting. That was a plus. Her cold, observant eyes met the eyes of those other guards. None of them could likely have a clue what her point in being here was.

As they walked into the area the Magical Scan was going to take place in - fitting scenery, given the various tomes and unicorns who were about the place looking for whatever it was they were looking for. After all was said and done, Magloria would like to take some to herself and read. Yes. Lots of reading she wanted to do. They could send out the various teams to examine the lair, and Magloria could just spend some time here in relative safety. Spectra wouldn't likely come here anyway. Was up to the guards, though. Magloria was the guest here - and she would accept what it is the guards would wish to do with her, as a show of good faith.

Evidently, the elderly stallion was the one to follow through with the Magical Scanning. Magloria would accept silently and stand in the small room. Such a room was something eerily familiar to what she'd be up to...before Spectra came around. The feeling of being scanned was nothing of true significance to her and at the end of it she'd find herself smirking somewhat to Lens Glare. "The scans don't lie, after all." she spoke, and felt the wave of Anxiety wash off of Veil - but otherwise said nothing to it. Veil was already strange enough as is, so scanning her wasn't really needed in her view.

"Now let us carry on. Now that you know that I am telling the truth." Magloria spoke, her eyes looking at the guard captain intently.

@Props Valroa

(Kluge Town)

"Devious little morsel, aren't you?"

A deep, rumbling chuckle came from above, as Le Perrine focused her gaze ever more on this mare.

"Yes, I get the feeling you won't bore me. I will await to see what you have planned. You continue your plans. Play your schemes, and see where they take you. But listen to a word of advice-"

She would look directly at the mare, as her claws on her right hand started to glow, and something began forming in her hand. A flicker. A ball of fire, swirling faster and faster, gaining more and more matter as it did, fed by strains of magic from her claws. The light from it increasing, as the miniature sun she were summoning lit up the cave, heat increasing slowly, as it grew the size of a pony, spinning and expanding-

And then she closed her hand, and crushed it. The warmth would dissipate, and the light dim once more

"Do not fly too close to the sun. You may rise up to be a notable figure, but there are toes you should be careful of stepping on, if you want to continue. And I am far from the worst out there.

Hmhm. But you seem smart. More cunning than those that normally goes such paths. I anticipate that you will do better, and learn to navigate things. I hope you do not disappoint."

The griffon would return soon after, and go right over to Spectra, handing her something in silence. A beat up, old hex box, as she had been seen before. There were no obvious way to open it, so most one could go by, were that it were old. Predating more modern designs of hex boxes, and lacking their more notable seals and wards. At least on the outside.

Though if she had seen much in her time, she might recognize the design up close. A bit personalized, but they would have used these, around her time. So it were either containing something from around the age of Arcadia, or were repurposed. Which weren't unlikely really. A fair few old hex boxes did tend to get reused, because they were build sturdy. And if so, there were a good chance that it didn't even hold something magical. Could be a sandwich, for all they knew.

"Lest there is more, you can see yourself through the door. Until next time, little ones."

A swirling gate would indeed open behind them, in the place they had entered before, leading back to the mountainside. Their business here seemed concluded for now. It also appeared that they did not need to pay for the box, so the hair and scales had likely been some sort of payment in and by itself, in a way that were between the dragon and minotaur.

(Magloria)

Hailstorm would nod, and lead them out of here, and then further down the hallway. A few turns more, and they'd arrive at a door, marked with a sign above it that said *War room*. It were also a studier, more official door. One he would halt in front of, and knock on three times, then wait.

"Enter."

Hailstorm would open the door, revealing a fairly sized room. The walls were lined high with pictures of the generals that came before them. Thestrals and ponies that had served through thousands of years, culminating in the two that stood there now, watching over a large map on a round table in the middle of the room.

RtRZ5cs.png

General Morning Dew, of the Solar Guards. His helmet were on a stand, along with a sword to the side, showing his greying mane. His tail were either short, or braided into the armored, flexible metal tube on the rear of his armor, ending in a morning star. One that had seen its fair share of combat, and feats that many were loathe to think a mere pegasi could do.

qWuY8po.png

On the other side of the table, as cool and composed as ever, stood General Midnight Screecher, of the Night Guard. A thestral taller than her counterpart, carrying a ceremonial sword on a stand to the side, along with her helmet, though that one were more open in the top, allowing for room for her mane. She currently carried a long, vine-like spiked whip down her side, which were one of her primary weapons.

They each eyed Hailstorm and his company with calmness, and patience, assuming they would be filled in on what this intrusion were for soon, after the party had entered, and Hailstorm had closed the door behind him.

"Honored Generals. I am sorry if I disturb, but a matter of some urgency have been brought before the Royal Guards, by Miss Magloria. Officer Golden Hay have escorted him and his companion here."

"And the authenticity of such claims?"

Whereas the voice of Morning Dew earlier, had been deep and carried weight to it, like one used to having to make others listen to him, Screecher's were calm and to the point. Authoritative in her own way, but subtler.

"She were scanned, and determined to have traces of the sort of magic used on her, as she warns are used on others. As well as being from 1400-1600 years ago."

"And the kitsune?"

"An apparent eye witness to the goings in Caneighda, with Duke Mindstorm. It appears connected."

"H-Hi."

Waves of nervousness and intimidation rolled from her. Morning Dew were eyeing her with a curious, yet fair glance. The thestral though... Midnight Screecher. She were looking at her as if she were fully analyzing her, just with her gaze. She felt more intimidating to be around, than the stories she had heard. It did not appear that the feelings washing from Veil, made Screecher react in any way, but then, the stories went that she were hard to read.

"A matter we will discuss afterwards, I'm sure. Miss Magloria? If you would please, tell us what you know. If Captain Hailstorm believe your concerns to be genuine, we will listen and act accordingly."