Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

Oliver nodded toward the stairs. "There's a spare room upstairs, next to the bathroom. Got a bed and everything in there, so it should be all set. But if you need anything, just ask."

He smiled at her. "You're not taking up space at all, it's nice to have some company."

• Brohoof 1

Good, i can have some privacy "Thank you." Jenna thanked again and she smirked at Oliver's comment about her not taking space "I would if I took over your couch when you have a guest room." she put the notebook back to the backpack and got up, grabbing the backpack and her jacked with her "See you in the morning." hopefully. She then made her way upstairs and found the room. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "Well I don't mind you taking the couch, whatever you prefer really." He stood up and followed her upstairs, going to his own room.

The guest room was sparsely decorated, but there was a comfy looking bed, a closet and some pictures on the walls.

• Brohoof 1

When Jenna got to the room, she didn't bother to look around too much. She just threw her backpack and jacked next to the bed and proceeded to reduce her clothing to more sleep friendly amount, before climbing to the bed. It felt good to sleep in a real bed for the first time in over a month, since until now she had slept in the floor using her backpack as a pillow, and sure dragons usually didn't need beds and were fully comfortable sleeping on the hard floor of a cave, but it was different when they were in the human form, because in that form they also had most of the weaknesses of humans, and that included the need for a bed to be comfortable.  

It didn't take long for Jenna to fall asleep, the injury had trained her body making her dead tired, and she slept the whole night in deep sleep dangerously deep for someone who should sleep one eye open, but the night went well and she woke up the next morning. When she woke up, Jenna sat up and stayed sitting on the side of the bed for a while thinking about what to do next. She was aware that there was a chance of awkward and or embarrassing encounter if Oliver decided to check on her before she was ready, but it didn't really bother her because dragons didn't really care about things like that. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver returned to his game, slightly distracted by the idea that someone else was in the house. He wasn't used to it, but it was a little comforting to know he had company. Even if it was someone as mysterious as this Jenna. He turned the volume down on his TV to be considerate. She probably needed rest.

The next morning, he got dressed and walked out, looking to the spare room door. He didn't want to disturb her in case she was still sleeping, so he just went to the kitchen for some breakfast.

• Brohoof 1

Jenna sat in place for few minutes before she ripped the bandages off and checked the wounds, they had stopped bleeding, but they weren't yet fully healed, though they didn't need bandages anymore, that was the amazing speed of dragon healing. She then got up and got dressed in record time, after which she fixed her hair a bit and sat back down. one more night and I should be good to go, but why do I feel like I don't want to leave, she took out a wooden box from her backpack and opened it, she took out a glass-diamond from the box and but it against the light, admiring it as it shined, Maybe I'm just lonely, I guess dragons can be lonely too. 

Jenna put the diamond back in the box, put the box back in the backpack, got dressed, and walked to the kitchen. "Good Morning."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was already in the kitchen pouring himself a bowl of cereal. He wondered if Jenna would come in soon; she probably could use something to eat after whatever it was she went through the night before.

He looked up at her as she entered and grinned. "Morning. Got some cereal here if you want it."

• Brohoof 1

"Sure" Jenna replied with a yawn, cereal wouldn't keep her hunger away for long, but she had her own food on her backpack in case she got too hungry. She stretched her arms "I don't remember when was the last time I have slept this well."  she said as she got a bowl for herself "Thank you for letting me stay." she poured herself some cereal "I know I thanked already, but I want you to know that I really mean it." she looked slightly sad, and she wasn't even acting "It's nice to meet someone willing to help for once."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled at her. "It's fine, I haven't had someone else staying over here in a while so it was pretty cool to have company."

The last thing Jenna said made him curious. "People don't help you? Like at all?"

• Brohoof 1

"Nope" Jenna said "Those who aren't trying to kill me, either just tell me to go to police for help, or threaten to call the police on me." she sighed "Most of them seem to think that I'm involved with drugs or gangs if I tell them I can't go to the police." "If only hu....people would listen until the end."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned, not feeling too comfortable hearing that. "I'm wondering why they want you so badly, but you don't strike me as a gang member or anything."

He looked at Jenna. "Well, I won't rat you out if that helps."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I'm not." Jenna said calmly "This is bigger than some drug dealers or gangs, even the mafia is nothing comparing." "And besides the manhunt, there's nothing criminal going on." she sighed "And yes, it helps." "And why? In all honestly, I'm not so sure why they are so keen on eliminating us 'rogues', like they call us." "Because though we are technically their enemies, we can't do anything against them, and revealing their secrets would harm us just as much as them."
Or well, I do know, it's because they want to control us, they want for every dragon to be their pawn in their plan, but that still doesn't explain why few rogues even matter, though now that I think about it, we don't, they just want make us an example.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver gulped, not liking the idea of whoever was after Jenna being more dangerous than the likes of the mafia.

Though, Jenna's choice of words made him curious. "Rogues? So you betrayed them or something?"

• Brohoof 1

Didn't I tell that already? Jenna thought to herself, not remembering what she had said, but decided to not to care about that and answered "In their eyes yes, I refused to live under their control and escaped to live on my own." "That makes me traitor in their eyes."

• Brohoof 1

"Wow," Oliver muttered, biting his lip. "They definitely sound like bad people if they were trying to control you. You're probably safer here."

He glanced around. "So, um, what do these people look like? Just in case they come around?"

• Brohoof 1

"Safety is relative."

Jenna shook her head "There isn't really anything, like I said yesterday, they are everywhere, meaning that your mailman, or even your boss could be on their payroll." "Just keep an eye out for weird cars or people standing around or otherwise looking suspicious." "They won't interact with you until they suspect that you know something about me, in which case they will most likely pretend to be police officers or something searching for a missing girl, me, and will keep an eye on anything that would indicate that you're lying." she still continued "Until of course someone you know is on their payroll, in that case they would most likely try to get the answer in other ways."

She stopped like she had said anything, but then she realized something, "Actually, there is one thing." "If you see attractive looking person, no matter of gender or age, who looks even slightly suspicious, especially if they are wearing black full-body suit, tell me immediately." That was a description of viper in viper-suit, a combination of science and ancient magic, it didn't break in transformation like normal clothes did, and though they didn't usually wear only the suit, since they used disguises on top of it if they were in public, it was good thing to mention. But the attractive part was solid, because every dragon's human form was what humans saw as attractive, it made infiltration much easier. 

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly. "I won't tell anyone you're here. Not even the police."

He tilted his head at the strange description, but it seemed sketchy enough for him to believe it. "A black bodysuit? Okay, if I see someone like that, I'll tell you."

• Brohoof 1

"Thank you." Jenna said with a smile, it was a acted smile, but she would have lied if she'd claimed that she wasn't glad.

"Thanks, again, and I know it sounds weird but the explanation is part of what I can't tell you." she stared at her cereal, it had gone soggy, not that she really minded, but it made hear realized she should probably eat it. She took the first spoonful and then looked at Oliver again, avoiding eye contact to best she could without looking like she was avoiding it "I'd like to ask you something." "Why do you help me?" "Even when you know that it's a risk for you?" this was something she was really curious about, she had learned in the short amount of time she had been with humans that there was individuals who where kinder and more helpful than others, sometimes even risking their lives to help others, and it made her curious, she wanted to know what motivated them.

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled at Jenna's thinks, but he wasn't sure about her question. He was putting his life in so much danger by the sound of it, so why take the risk?

"Well, it wouldn't really feel right just kicking you out and leaving you to whoever is after you," he explained, "so I figure I could at least give you somewhere to hide, y'know?"

• Brohoof 1

"So you just are a good person." Jenna said sounding surprisingly surprised as she took another spoonful, it was hard to believe that there wasn't any alternate motive, humans were just as greedy creatures as dragons after all  "I haven't met one for a while." she shook her head "Sorry, I don't mean to be so depressing." she took few more spoonfuls "I need something else to think about, how about...you said you play videogames?" she had played some games in close by arcade back before she became rogue, it had been her way to cope with the fact that she wasn't allowed to fly due her not being allowed to reveal herself, it wasn't even close to as fun, but it was best thing she had found so far.

• Brohoof 1

"Oh don't worry about it," Oliver assured her, smiling as he ate some more cereal himself.

He grinned at Jenna's next question. "Oh yeah, I've got quite a lot of them. Platformers, racers, RPGs, some fighting games, all that stuff."

• Brohoof 1

"Could I have a try after we're finished with the cereal?" Jenna asked as she ate "I have only played few games on at the arcade and even that was before I escaped." " That could help me to get my thoughts away from my situation for a moment, which would be the first time since all this started."

• Brohoof 1

"Anything fast paced and challenging." Jenna explained "I find games where there is no real threat of losing boring." "And the arcade..." "It was small arcade in a mall, there was everything you would expect from a modern arcade." "But it wasn't doing so well so I wouldn't be surprised if it has closed its door for good at this point."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly. "Yeah, I understand. I have plenty of games like that, mostly shooters."

He frowned at Jenna's mention of the mall probably closing. "That's a shame, I would've liked to check it out sometime."

• Brohoof 1