Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

"They would check it." Jenna said as she grabbed a meal that had most meat from all of them "Failure is punishable so they rather check false lead than let me get away." she warmed up the meal just a bit and sat down to eat "Besides, I used to have human friends so it's not that far fetched that I would be hiding with a human." "That and they are smarter than you think."

• Brohoof 1

"Hopefully they won't catch on to us," Oliver said, sitting across from her. "We just need to be careful what we do in public."

He looked at the window, then back at Jenna. "Can they tell who you are in human form?"

• Brohoof 1

"They know what I look like yes." Jenna explained "And we can sense each other through this form when we get close enough." she ate a bit "That's why I avoid going in public until there's lot of people around, my best disguise is to blend in in a crowd."

• Brohoof 1

"So we stay in a crowd, or you stay inside," Oliver summed up, and nodded. "Okay, we'll limit your going outside as much as we can."

He looked to the window. "It's up to you though, this isn't a jail."

• Brohoof 1

"So in spite of everything you want me to stay?" Jenna asked sounding confused "I don't get it." because she didn't understand kindness, it puzzled her mind that Oliver was still talking like she could stay forever "I don't understand how you're not chasing me out to protect yourself.".

• Brohoof 1

"Well yeah, of course I do," Oliver said with a shrug, wondering if dragons even understood what being kind was.

"Well it's a lot safer for both of us if you're not stuck out on the street," he pointed out.

• Brohoof 1

"Is it?" Jenna argued "There would be no danger to you if I was on the streets." she was almost finished eating already "You really baffle me, you humans in general." "I have seen others doing similar things, to risk or otherwise inconvenience themselves to just help someone else." she kept a short pause "I know it's kindness, but I still don't get it."

• Brohoof 1

"Well you came to my house for protection, and it wouldn't feel right to just kick you out with all that going on," Oliver said, looking at her.

"It's just something people do," he explained, "just helping someone who needs it."

• Brohoof 1

"Actually I came for hiding place, but let's not get stuck on the details."

"Yeah, I know people do it." Jenna said as she finished what she was eating "But you are greedy creatures like us, so I don't understand why would you to risk yourself without getting something out of it."

• Brohoof 1

"Not all of us are like that," Oliver pointed out. "Some of us just want to do a good thing for the sake of doing it."

He shrugged. "Besides, it's not like you're asking that much, just letting you stay hidden for a bit."

• Brohoof 1

"I guess you are technically right." Jenna admitted "Since the danger for you comes in the case of the failure of what I'm asking." "But I promise that I will leave as quick as I can, after all, me staying in one place for too long isn't good for me either"

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shook his head. "No need to rush on my account. I'm enjoying the company, like I said." He smiled at her.

He stretched his arms outward, then let them relax. "We just have to be subtle, that's all."

• Brohoof 1

"You're quite optimistic."Jenna said with almost admiring tone "I wish I could be too" "But it's hard to stay positive when you have fought for your life night before." she sighed "But I have to get used to it, after all, it's my life now."

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, I can understand that," Oliver sighed, standing up and cleaning up after Jenna. "But still, you're welcome to stay as long as you need to."

He smiled at her. "If you're happy with staying here, anyway."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, can't say I have anything against it." Jenna admitted "It's nice to have someone acting nice towards you for once, too bad we couldn't meet in different situation." she sighed "And to be honest, I have been very lonely..." she gave a joyless laugh "..I didn't know dragons could even feel lonely..."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned at Jenna's confession, and walked over to her. "Certainly sounds like you could use a friend out here."

He offered her a reassuring smile. "Good thing you did bump into me when you did then, huh?"

• Brohoof 1

"I have an ally but for their safety I know nothing about him or her." Jenna explained "I have been avoiding making friends because I don't hope this kind of life to any human." "But if you don't care that you may end up to my situation if either of us makes a mistake, then I guess it is good that I met you."

• Brohoof 1

"You have an ally, but you don't know a thing about them?" Oliver muttered, furrowing his brow. "Doesn't that just make things complicated? Especially if you've never met before."

He smiled at her. "Then we just won't make any mistakes."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I know they are ex-Talon hacker who hates Talon." Jenna explained "They have helped me so much that I have no reason to question their loyalty." "In fact, without him or her I most likely would have been doomed long time ago, if I would have gotten away in the first place."

She met Oliver's gaze and spoke matter-of-fact-ly "I appreciate your confidence, but don't let it to distract you from reality, all mistakes aren't something you can control."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded slowly. "Yeah, that makes more sense. They're probably hidden away somewhere out of sight."

He shrugged at Jenna's next comment. "Then we just have to worry about the mistakes we can control."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver was caught a little off guard. He wasn't sure what he could ask a dragon. Especially if it was personal questions.

"Well, is there anything you like to do outside your home?" he tried. "Stuff you can't do just in the house?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well...." Jenna started "...back when I had a 'home' I liked to go out with my friends and go to the arcade." she made quotation marks with her fingers when she said home "And one thing I liked to do during training was flying, but since the start of my time among humans, I sadly haven't been able to do that." 

• Brohoof 1

"That's a shame," Oliver said with a frown. "I would love to see you fly. Or even see you in your dragon form. Maybe if we find someplace secluded and big enough."

Though something she said made him curious. "What was your home?"

• Brohoof 1

"My true form isn't that hard to find a place for, since even most of the rooms in your house are big enough, they just would need to be emptied from stuff so nothing would break." Jenna pointed out "But flying...not possible, that won't happen anywhere near human settlements until my life depends on it."

She shrugged "Depends on what you mean by home." "The one I mentioned was just a building where fake-human named Jenna lived with her fake aunt and uncle after her non-existent parents died in a accident that never happened." "But I lived there only about a month or so before I became rogue." "Before that I lived in facility in middle of desert where Talon trains us to be as convincing humans as possible and where they brainwash us from birth until we are ready for a test." "Simply put, we have one summer to infiltrate a group of people and learn anything we can about them."

• Brohoof 1