Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Wings Forged in Fire (Nightmare Season, reader8363

Nightmare Season

//OOC Thread

@reader8363

The Everfree forest was dark and still in the glow of the night's moon. Very little stirred within the forest. Animals had found their beds and laid sleeping till the new dawn awoke them. Yet a single thing moved through the trees. At a distance if any pony noticed, a feint glow weaving in and out of the trees. A stallion with coat as black as a moonless night, and his mane and tail was ablaze with fire. A single black horn pointing to the stars upon his head.

Nightmare Season was walking to the edge of the forest. He knew of the town nestled on the edge of the forest he had come to live in after his long journey from the deep south. He was hungry. His stash of food to supplement his typical food was running very thin. He had decided he needed fresh food.

As he came to the last of the forest, he paused and looked out across the town. Sleeping ponies in every home. Sweet dreams jumping through their heads. The thought of such caused his stomach to growl. It too wanted to be feed. And before them was a perfect feast. Nightmare remembered once again about his family, about his kind. Also, how he hated to feed the way he had to. Without his roots, he would have to do it to get nourishments in him. He shook the thought out of his head and started to head into town. Keeping a close eye out for any ponies out this late. He did not want any pony to know he was around.

He came to the edge of the town a felt this home had three ponies living inside. His hunger growing for the fresh food he knew waited him inside. With his magic, he turned to a black mist and floated through the opened window. There in the bed, a couple sleeping in a large bed. Fast asleep and having wonderful dreams. He entered into the mind of the stallion. A jump into his dream world.

Nightmare Season found himself inside the dream of the sleeping stallion. A wonderful dream about becoming a prince in Canterlot. Nightmare hated to have to feed, but he had to. He began to absorb the essence of the dream itself. Feeding on it to fill his stomach. As he fed, the dream started to become warped. The once peaceful prince now being chased by monsters. A side effect of eating dreams. It turns them into nightmares.

Before the nightmare became too terrible. Nightmare left the sleeping stallion's dream and materialized back inside the room. He was about to enter the other dream when he heard a noise from behind him. A quick turn saw a young filly standing in the doorway holding a stuffed toy. The sudden movement of Nightmare caused her to scream, waking up her parents. Nightmare was seen, he sprinted to the door for his escape and out into the night he dashed.

He ran back to the forest's edge. He heard others next to the home he was in waking up to with the commotion the family was causing. He ran inside and to the deepest part of the forest where his cave was at. He would have to stay away from Ponyville for a few days till things died down.

Edited by Nightmare Season

Shadow read the note that he got from the mayor and sighed, it's been a while since he's been here, the last time was a raging animal was tearing through the forest, and now he has to track down a mysterious pony that broke into a house in the middle of the freakin night. He lifted his scythe onto his shoulder, while being careful not to cut his jacket that was hiding his wings. He walked through the town while feeling the ponies' eyes following him. The note said that it ran towards the forest. They seem like they are to afraid to be of any help and he already knew that only a few will walk into the forest. Once he got to the forest, he peered into the dark and took a quick drink before plunging into it.

@reader8363

As Shadow passed though the first few trees, he heard voices up ahead. They sounded like two colts talking.

"I told you, I was not seeing things. It was a black stallion with fire for his mane and tail. He ran into the forest here."

As he got close to them, they turned. They knew they were not suppose to go into the Everfree forest. Now some pony saw them.

Nightmare Season dashed straight through the forest. He seemed to know the way he was headed. Twisting in and out of trees, he eventually came to what appeared to be a dead end. He looked around to make sure none had followed him, then he pushed his way through the brambles before him. They were thick and hide the view on what was on the other side of them. After he got through them, he found himself in a small clearing in the darkest part of the woods. A stream ran though the center. Brambles and thickets surrounded three sides. The fourth side had a cliff face. Vines creeped down the side of the rocks. He came to a section and slipped right through a section of vines.

From there, he was inside of a cave. A short ways into the corridor, it opened up into a small area with a crack in the ceiling. There was three paths that led to smaller rooms he fashioned into a storage area, kitchen, and bed room. In the center of the large room stood a strange tree. The bark seemed to adjust in different earthen colors. Like waves across a lake. "Well" He said to the tree. "If you had some more dream roots. I would not have been seen last night."

(That's close to Gmodding, making my character hear things, but I'll let it slide for now)
Shadow walked over to the foals dropped his scythe and said as he gently picked them up by the back of their necks, "If the way of Ponyville haven't changed, I recall ponies telling the young ones to stay out of the forest. Care to explain why you're here before I put you two outside the forest?" He took his hat off with his shadow and kept flicking his ears around to make sure nothing was out there watching them.

@reader8363

To two colts jumped as they heard Shadow behind them.

"Oh, Umm."

"We are looking for a strange pony that ran off in here last night sir."

"I saw him, a stallion all black, like coal. He also lit up the night. His mane and tail was not hair, but fire. I saw him dash out of my neighbor's place after hearing a scream."

The pair stood their frozen looking at Shadow. They did not know rather to flee or if they could bring him along on their search.

He let go of them and said as he passed them, "Go on home, it's not safe here." His scythe flew over their heads and into his claw. He now knows more information about the creature he was hunting. He leaped into the branches above and started heading toward the center of the forest while watching the ground below