Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gusty the Great in season 9?

ManaMinori

Since DHX loves its g1 throwbacks, and are giving us Grogar in season 9, I have to wonder if the dialogue we got with Twilight reading about Gusty the Great's adventures involving battling Grogar, back in "A Flurry of Emotions", was a teaser of hat was to come. I'd love to see g1 Gusty swoop in and save the day when the Mane 6 have been defeated. In fact, I'd love to see a lot of the g1 unicorn (Flurry of Emotions did mention Gusty had a unicorn army) to hep fight Grogar, as it was, back in g1's "Return of Tambelon". It'd be a great throwback to g1 in the last season of g4, I think!

• Brohoof 4

On 3/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, Hierok said:

I hope we see her/him in action. Maybe even let him meet Starswirl.

We may see her in a... whatever is that we’ve seen in the very first episode of FIM of Luna’s fall into Nightmare Moon, or a flashback at most. She was outright mentioned she defeated Grogar, as told by himself this premiere

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wasn't the Gusty the Great reference due to one of the writers of "A Flurry of Emotions" (I thiiink Sammie Crowley?) running the Gusty365's G1 Series Resource tumblr a few years back? I believe she also referenced her work on The Loud House (confirmed when she  mentioned that "Sleuth or Consequence" was written by her and her partner) on the site, which indicates this may be a valid possibility. 

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

Wasn't the Gusty the Great reference due to one of the writers of "A Flurry of Emotions" (I thiiink Sammie Crowley?) running the Gusty365's G1 Series Resource tumblr a few years back? I believe she also referenced her work on The Loud House (confirmed when she  mentioned that "Sleuth or Consequence" was written by her and her partner) on the site, which indicates this may be a valid possibility. 

It may have been a simple referral back then, but considering Grogar now revealed to be real, Gusty’s hand in defeating him may as well be so

• Brohoof 1

Considering she was name dropped in the premier as well, it’s very likely she will play some sort of role later in the season. I don’t know if she will actually appear, but they might at least make more references to how she defeated Grogar the first time around. 

53 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

Considering she was name dropped in the premier as well, it’s very likely she will play some sort of role later in the season. I don’t know if she will actually appear, but they might at least make more references to how she defeated Grogar the first time around. 

A flashback or a visual representation wouldn’t hurt either :LunaMCM:

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Ganondox said:

I smell time travel shenanigans 

Maybe.... but I don't think so - unless we're doing a flashback! What about all the times Clover the Clever was mentioned? He still hasn't appeared. Some legendary characters should just stay in the past - they did their part.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

Maybe.... but I don't think so - unless we're doing a flashback! What about all the times Clover the Clever was mentioned? He still hasn't appeared. Some legendary characters should just stay in the past - they did their part.

i suppose, but I can't see Gusty and Clover ever having been on the same level, plot-wise with the villains. With Clover having chased his foe to the human world and effectively defeating her and burying the evidence of the memory stone (having lost his own memories in the process), Gusty, on the other hand, had only temporarily defeated Grogar in the past, and he lied low until resurfacing. Gusty seems very much like she would still be needed in the season 9 finale, to help permanently put a stop to him once and for all, as her work is very much unfinished..

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

But we did have an entire episode was Twilight acting as Clover the Clever, he wasn't just mentioned and forgotten. 

• Brohoof 1

MLP FIM THEORY: GUSTY THE GREAT IS ACTUALLY THE SPIRIT OF TREE OF HARMONY

Hear me out, this is just a theory, but after you hear what I have to say, you may find yourself agreeing with my theory.

Comments are Welcomed

• Brohoof 1