Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

when does Luna sleep?

Zestanor

From the episode "Royal Problem," it seems like during the night, Luna gets the equivalent of a very poor night's sleep. She doesn't just act act like she's had a long day. If it were that, we would not expect the grumpiness and lack of appetite. Her response to Celestia's breakfast is one of morning-grumpiness, which is a result of tiredness after a mediocre night's sleep. But the episode also implies that Luna goes to her quarters after the morning arrives, and sleeps. So during the night, she still sleeping, in a sense, just very poorly, and she sleeps for real in the morning until she is rested. But in "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep," Luna is shown to be in bed, sleeping, at night, instead of consciously maintaining the dream world spell like we saw in Royal Problem. 

What do you think is the solution to this, if there is one?

Just now, Zestanor said:

For one, she doesn't sleep all day, because that would be excessive.

In "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep" she was sleeping at night.

I still stand by "making a big deal out of nothing would be a waste of time." My parents tell me "don't make mountains out of molehills."

Edited by Will Guide

I think she sleeps in the day, and has a sleeping schedule similar to one who works night shift regularly.

Also, in the episode "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?", Luna is seen sleeping after she had just held together a large dream that included all of Ponyville's inhabitants in it. Such a task was mentally exerting and tedious for Luna, as she herself admitted during the dream. Therefore, when she fell asleep afterwards, it was probably because of that task she just did and also a result of being relived of the burdensome thoughts she had held within herself for so long. Simply put, I think exhaustion and relief were what caused Luna to irregularly fall asleep.

• Brohoof 1