Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Far from home. 1x1 OOC

Catpone Cerberus

(edited)

One day somewhere in Equestria, creature is going somewhere like they usually would, when suddenly hear a sound of falling rocks followed by what sounds like animal's cry of pain. When they go investigate, they will find ocean blue dragon, not much bigger than a pony (mostly just longer), seemingly different species to Equestria's own dragons, whimpering as it tries to move its wing and leg that have gotten stuck under a pile of rocks too big to be moved by the dragon itself. 

When they try to get close to the dragon to possibly help it, they will be met with rather hostile reaction, but it is clear that this hostility is most likely due to fear. It soon will become apparent that though this dragon can talk, it speaks an unknown language, and can't speak or understand any Equestrian language. How will the creature solve the situation, can they calm the dragon down enough to help it without using words? if they can, what happens next?

You are the creature, it doesn't need to be a pony, just something that lives in Equestria and is sentient.

That is the general plan of the RP, a smaller than usual (for his kind) dragon from far away land has arrived to Equestria from lands where he has only seen his own kind and prey, and where the survival of the fittest is in full action. He gets himself hurt and stuck, and your character comes to help. From there it goes like any other friendship/relationship, they interact and become closer, they learn from each other, etc.

i'm okay with romance, but it isn't necessary.

I don't have a sheet or picture for my character, but here's everything you need to know in advantage.
He's male
Height wise he's around the same as a pony, maybe a bit taller, but due to his shape, he's longer than a pony.
He's ocean blue like stated, and for shape/build, he looks like this, but with the foot-part looking like this (3 toes? wingers? talons? in front, 1 behind)
He's carnivore
He doesn't speak or understand any Equestrian language, but he is capable of learning it. 
He's dragon, so naturally he can breathe fire. 
Though he doesn't eat gems, he likes anything that shines. 
That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

The location of where in Equestria this happens depends on your character, but if there isn't any canon forest or other terrain where he could possibly get crushed by rocks, we make one up.

The canon characters exist in the RP, but they are NPCs at best. 

I can start at least 2 different RPs of this, so if someone was here before you, you still have a chance. 

RP

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
Changed prefix

(edited)
12 hours ago, Nightmare Season said:

@Catpone Cerberus

So this sounds interesting to me. I've been meaning to get back into the forums with some RPing.

I can run with either of my characters. Your choice.

image.thumb.png.b87d1635e8625eb27bc322d5f2024d62.png

Both of them could work, but Nightmare Season fits better in my opinion, since due he loving the forest (Everfree I assume?), it makes sense why he would be in the forest to hear the accident, and I see him being lonely to be a reason for him to continue trying to become friends with the dragon even with all the challenges. (Also his dislike of rain could bring up a tiny bonding moment later in the RP in form of my character shielding him from the rain.)

I know I said the dragon is male, but which one you'd prefer him/her to be, a female or male? I'm fine with either.

@Catpone Cerberus

That is great, I will run Nightmare Season then. As for the question of male or female, it really dose not matter with me either. Just note I will not feel comfortable trying to push a same sex romance. But if it is just good buddies then I will be fine with.

As for the forest, Yes, He dose live in the Everfree forest with in the deepest part of it.

So how should we get this started off with?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Season said:

ust note I will not feel comfortable trying to push a same sex romance. But if it is just good buddies then I will be fine with.

That's exactly why I asked. :) 
I probably will change it to female just in case, that way if the RP naturally takes a turn towards them getting closer than just friends, it won't get uncomfortable (though I'd say that if that happens, it will be later to the RP since they don't even speak the same language at first.)

6 minutes ago, Nightmare Season said:

So how should we get this started off with?

I was thinking that I  start with a starting post that describes the world (weather, time of day, etc.) and then proceeds to introduce my character and a little bit of why he's where he is, and when all that is done, I'll play out the accident with the rocks, and you then reply to that.

Also, I will call her Blue in my replies to make them bit clearer, and until you/your character can come up with another nickname, that can be the "official" name also. 

• The title was changed to Far from home. 1x1 OOC
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nightmare Season

Please try to avoid controlling my character, it hasn't caused problems yet, but it may at some point. 

(I mean the moments like when Nightmare comes back from somewhere and you write that he sees Blue doing or not doing something without me having a reply for the time of absence.)

(edited)
13 hours ago, Nightmare Season said:

I thought to squeeze that in a timespan that made since.

You can still do that, and it actually help me to know how long Nightmare takes doing something, you just need to leave the part about my character's actions out. You can actually even put what your character does if things are in certain way without it making my character unable to do something totally different. :) 
Examples of what I mean:

Spoiler

Instead of 

Using his fire he baked it to give it a watertight seal as he made his way back to the pond.

Sure enough, with his years of practice, he was able to leave and return with no sound what so ever so the dragon did not seem to have noticed his absent. 

and

...left to head out into the open area outside. There he met the dragon staring in fear once again when she saw him moving the vines away. Then backing up again. He showed her the medicine and bandages.

Seeing as she did not understand he took one of the wraps and wrapped it around his hind leg where he had been bleeding from the wolf bite. Then he looked back to her and nodded.

it would be something like:

Using his fire he baked it to give it a watertight seal as he made his way back to the pond. He was able to make it there with no sound thanks to his years of practice.

and

...left to head out into the open area outside.
If the dragon were where he had left her, he would show the medicine and bandages to her, and assuming she didn't understand, wrap one around his...

It of course doesn't need to be word to word but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say :)