Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the MLP comics do a crossover with G.I. Joe next?

eddeams

Since IDW is already doing a Transformers crossover, what if they do a G.I. Joe crossover afterwards? You may think of Transformers and My Little Pony as brother and sister franchises, well Transformers and G.I. Joe might as well be brother and brother. Thanks to the many crossovers they've had in the past.

What do you think would be the plot for a MLP/G.I. Joe crossover? How would the characters play off of each other?

GIJoeRAH_01-Reprint-Cover.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Scarlett and Twilight will be geeky pals. Snake eyes having a soft spot for cute innocent Fluttershy, Duke and Rainbow Dash team-up, Tunnel rat will get along with applejack, Road block and Pinkie pie. Rarity will prob have hard time coping with all this 'war'  but with Ripcord's charm she'll manage. 

The mlp villain team-up with Cobra will be interesting. I imagine Cobra Commander be like "what hell is with these cute ponies creatures?! Dr. Mindbender, this better not be one your ideas for my army!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, TBD said:

Scarlett and Twilight will be geeky pals. Snake eyes having a soft spot for cute innocent Fluttershy, Duke and Rainbow Dash team-up, Tunnel rat will get along with applejack, Road block and Pinkie pie. Rarity will prob have hard time coping with all this 'war'  but with Ripcord's charm she'll manage. 

The mlp villain team-up with Cobra will be interesting. I imagine Cobra Commander be like "what hell is with these cute ponies creatures?! Dr. Mindbender, this better not be one your ideas for my army!"

There would also be General Hawk and Shining Armor discussing military strategies, and possibly Princess Celestia learning about American politics for curiosity's sake.

How would the humans react to magic and the ponies to the humans' technology? (Both from the Joes and Cobra)

Edited by eddeams
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, eddeams said:

How would the humans react to magic and the ponies to the humans' technology? (Both from the Joes and Cobra)

I can imagine it will be a real mess. But a fun one :LunaMCM:

2 hours ago, TBD said:

I can imagine it will be a real mess. But a fun one :LunaMCM:

The climax would probably involve the Joes and ponies trying to take down a superweapon Cobra made from unicorn magic. While also probably using pegasi and earth ponies as slave labor.

• 2 weeks later...

Transformers is still fantastical, alien, and bizarre enough to work that it sounds interesting to mix with MLP. And Transformers obviously has enough in common with GI Joe to mix with frequently. Realistically I can't really see the same with MLP and GI Joe working together as a crossover.

To put it into perspective, there's to ways I could see crossovers working, either they have a ton in common that you want to see them together, or they're so different and opposite and weird enough, that it's beyond the "it's dumb" to the "that's really fucking weird but fuck it, now I'm interested". A GI Joe crossover is in that "Weird, but not weird enough" category. That said, Cobra Commander is a fun enough villain that I'd love to see him try to take over Equestria

If they were to do more MLP crossovers, I'd prefer seeing ones of Equestria Girls with Transformers, JEM, or Power Rangers instead

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:41 PM, Megas said:

To put it into perspective, there's to ways I could see crossovers working, either they have a ton in common that you want to see them together, or they're so different and opposite and weird enough, that it's beyond the "it's dumb" to the "that's really fucking weird but fuck it, now I'm interested". A GI Joe crossover is in that "Weird, but not weird enough" category. That said, Cobra Commander is a fun enough villain that I'd love to see him try to take over Equestria

I agree with your first sentence, but I think G.I Joe actually might have some potential for an "odd couple" kind of crossover, maybe. You have a world where the standard procedure for dealing with villains is to make friends with them (after using the bare minimum amount of violence to counter the threat), and then you have a pure military organization armed to the teeth with all kinds over-the-top weapons. Theoretically, that could be a fun culture clash in the hands of a skilled writer.

If nothing else, it would certainly be fun to see Tempest hitting it off with the Joes.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

I agree with your first sentence, but I think G.I Joe actually might have some potential for an "odd couple" kind of crossover, maybe. You have a world where the standard procedure for dealing with villains is to make friends with them (after using the bare minimum amount of violence to counter the threat), and then you have a pure military organization armed to the teeth with all kinds over-the-top weapons. Theoretically, that could be a fun culture clash in the hands of a skilled writer.

If nothing else, it would certainly be fun to see Tempest hitting it off with the Joes.

Not to mention Twilight geeking out over all the advanced technology the Joes have.

I wonder what would happen if the Princesses learned about American values from the Joes?

19 hours ago, eddeams said:

Not to mention Twilight geeking out over all the advanced technology the Joes have.

I wonder what would happen if the Princesses learned about American values from the Joes?

Most likely the Royal Sisters would get left out..
From the looks of it, they didn't freaking appear at all in the Transformers crossover despite they were in that artwork there.
I wanted to see how would they, the RULERS of Equestria, would handle the situation of transforming robots from another dimension have had their war end up in the land of Equestria there.  But nope, Luna and Celestia don't appear AT ALL..
Which was seriously disappointing.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:05 AM, eddeams said:

I would imagine she'd most likely be a little bit conflicted: "You have all this amazing technology, and you use it for violence and destruction?"

Which would make it even funnier to have Tempest alongside her, acting like a kid in a toy store: "Where can I get one of those? And one of those? And one of those? And three of those? Can you ship to Ponyville?"

On 11/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, nightshroud96 said:

Most likely the Royal Sisters would get left out..
From the looks of it, they didn't freaking appear at all in the Transformers crossover despite they were in that artwork there.
I wanted to see how would they, the RULERS of Equestria, would handle the situation of transforming robots from another dimension have had their war end up in the land of Equestria there.  But nope, Luna and Celestia don't appear AT ALL..
Which was seriously disappointing.

To be fair, their response to major threats in the show was usually "sit back and let the Mane Six handle things".

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

I would imagine she'd most likely be a little bit conflicted: "You have all this amazing technology, and you use it for violence and destruction?"

Which would make it even funnier to have Tempest alongside her, acting like a kid in a toy store: "Where can I get one of those? And one of those? And one of those? And three of those? Can you ship to Ponyville?"

To be fair, their response to major threats in the show was usually "sit back and let the Mane Six handle things".

Still really bad though.
In fact it would have been nice if the sisters DON'T do that due to how this threat is literally not from their world and the fact a actual war could be brought onto Equestria.
Heck, more than the Mane 6 had to handle the crisis there so.. the sisters would have most likely not sit back.
I think at least for Luna due to she clearly wanted to help like in Crystal Empire(but Celestia basically forced her to stay out of it).

On 11/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, HedonismBot said:

And Twilight would be like "What in Celestia's name is wrong with you?" What if the Royal Guard were also there?

Devices like the Weather Dominator and M.A.S.S. Device would easily be mistaken as magic. Clarke's Third Law is a thing after all.

What if Cobra made a superweapon powered by unicorn magic like I said earlier in this thread?

8 minutes ago, eddeams said:

What if Cobra made a superweapon powered by unicorn magic like I said earlier in this thread?

First he'd have to get himself one or more unicorns, either by taking them hostage or conning them into working for him. The latter would make for a particularly interesting plot.

1 hour ago, HedonismBot said:

First he'd have to get himself one or more unicorns, either by taking them hostage or conning them into working for him. The latter would make for a particularly interesting plot.

Alternatively, they don't have to make a superweapon, rather just study the ponies for science and see if their magic can be applied to general weaponry.

7 minutes ago, eddeams said:

Alternatively, they don't have to make a superweapon, rather just study the ponies for science and see if their magic can be applied to general weaponry.

That and/or grab a few of the powerful magic doodads that seem to be lying around all over the place. "School Raze" basically established that the ponies aren't that great at securing them.

Edited by HedonismBot

10 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

That and/or grab a few of the powerful magic doodads that seem to be lying around all over the place. "School Raze" basically established that the ponies aren't that great at securing them.

While the idea of Cobra using magic may sound ridiculous, keep in mind that the Nazis allegedly dabbled in the occult. I mean Heinrich Himmler was said to have a lifelong fascination with supernatural stuff.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, HedonismBot said:

Or just capture the Royal Sisters since sadly they just most exist for Worf Effect or as a Maguffin at times(as in just holding something the bad guys can use more than them like Tirek taking their magic). Luna and Celestia kept getting taken out too much, easily or not its still bad especially for Luna.