private New Pegas

Illiad Easle

(I just assumed they were both Varmint Rifles or similar enough, Solstice's is just modified, so can't have the extended mag.)

Chip would look the rifle over, "Can't say this one has seen this before, but it looks similar enough to a varmint rifle, for those this one has these:" He'd pull out a scope, a silencer, and an extended magazine. "This one only has these, if you want more, this one can get more in a few days. You buy for 125, 100, 75." he pointed to each mod in turn. 

Solstice had fifty caps from Tonic, plus fifty from Eclipse if she had passed those over with the healing supplies. While the Talons hadn't taken their stuff, they had sure made off with their caps. If however they had money of a different denomination, perhaps they could convince Chip of it's value, or they could offload some things in exchange for caps.

(Eclipse)

Salty shook his head, "Too dangerous. Gonna kill all yourselves if I let you touch it. Better to leave in buried - safer that way. Too dangerous for a bunch of amateurs to handle."

Eclipse could either go looking for where it was buried, or perhaps convince him that she wasn't the amateur he thought she was.

Solstice fished out the bits and contemplated, then she said as she pulled her pistol out, "So, what's the price difference between regular ammo and armor piercing ammo for a 10mm pistol?"

Eclipse shook her head and said, "I'm not going to be throwing them, I was thinking on more of the idea as a trip wire. like two or three to minimize damage."

(Solstice)

Chip shook his head, "This one does not have that type, not much demand here. But this one knows that the AP bullets are generally much more expensive. Standard rounds are 2 caps each, I think AP are 5 each."

(Eclipse)

Salty was still unconvinced, "Too dangerous, sorry. Blow yourself up, blow your neighbor up, blow the whole town up. Were I young like you I'd help you myself, but I'm far too old for this sort of thing."

Solstice smiled and said as she emptied her clip of the five ap bullets, "I have these 5 bullet, so you can the caps and the ammo for the scope. That sounds about right."

Eclipse nodded and said, "Okay" She knew that she would probably blow herself up, so if needed to, she can look for it's burial site, or ask someone else about it.d

(This only works if Eclipse passed over the caps, so I'll assume that's the case.)

Chip looked like he was about to object, but shrugged and accepted the caps and bullets, pushing the scope closer to Solstice as he stowed away the other mods. "Pleasure doing business with you." [Received 2.5x rifle scope]

As she was leaving Salty started talking, "Keep your gun handy if you go poking around some of the abandoned places around here, like the schoolhouse, wasteland critters like to move in when Sunny's not watching, so look out."

Sunny herself would be coming down the road towards the saloon with a bag of medical supplies on her back, Cheyenne was carrying a doctors bag as well.

Solstice placed the scope in her bag and walked out to see Sunny coming out with the doc's items and Eclipse heading towards them as well. She said as she met up with Sunny, "Chip is going to help. How's Tonic and Salty?"

Eclipse said once she met up with them, "Tonic is almost on board, just when we tell her that the ifs of Doc and Chip are guarantees. Salty won't see where the explosives are located, but mentioned some abandoned buildings, including the old school." 

Sunny nodded, "I suspected as much, Old Pete's always been protective of his dynamite. He's never said exactly why though. He used to be a scavenger, though he prefers the term prospector, the types who dig through abandoned buildings looking for old world supplies, there's actually an old safe in the schoolhouse that Old Pete hasn't been able to crack yet. Might be worth looking into once this debacle with the Boomers is over."

One of the townsfolk, it looked like the mare Eclipse had saved earlier, ran up the street towards them, or Sunny more specifically, "The Boomers, they're coming up the road!"

Sunny snarled, "Dagnabbit! Somepony must've tipped them off that we were going to run them out." She passed the medical supplies over to Solstice, "Here, get yourself a good spot, and hurry. We can't have them catching us by surprise." She pointed at Eclipse, "Run and tell Trudy that the Boomers are coming for the town, I'll go get Ring, if they can see him they might focus on him instead of the townsfolk, and this town's not going to for for him without him."

If the sisters didn't object, Sunny and Cheyenne would run up the hill to the Elixir station.

Solstice nodded and did quick teleports while switching the scope on her rifle and filling the capacitor with magic. Once she got to a location that's good, she lowered her body to the roof and waited.

Eclipse burst into the bar and said between breaths, "Tonic, the Boomers are coming and we got Doc and Chip to help." Even though it wasn't far, she wasn't used to a full sprint and sharp turns.

The roof of the saloon was a prime spot as it had a good view down the road as well as the sign standing higher then the roof giving excellent cover for attacks from the ground, not so much if they were flying though. With the scope attached she could see the Boomers coming up the road, six of them, two pegasi, three earth ponies, and a unicorn. Corn Cobb at the front. She could likely get a good shot off from here, start while they were still a ways off, or let the townsfolk get ready before starting the fight.

(Be advised I offer these options as suggestions, they are not exclusive and I encourage you to do whatever you think is the best decision.)

In the saloon, the patrons all looked at Eclipse while she made her announcement, then all quietly turned to Tonic who had already grabbed her revolver from behind the counter, "You heard the mare, we've got a town to defend. Get to Chip's and get ready, we're not letting them take our town!" Most of the patrons leapt up to head out, trotting over to Chip's to get their armor and ammo, while others waited a moment to finish their drinks before heading out as well.

The armor on the townsfolk wouldn't be properly fitted, but it was better than nothing, and they wouldn't be at risk of running out of ammo during the fight.

Sunny and Ring came trotting down from the station, each with their weapons ready, taking cover behind one of the large rocks that dotted the area.

In total they had eight ponies on their side including themselves, with two or four more ready to join if things got bad.

Solstice waited for the other to get ready, she didn't want the townponies to be massacred before they were ready, but she had her scope following Corn. She could hear the ponies getting ready under her.

Eclipse opened the window, so she can shoot her gun without a lens between her and the scope. She placed magic into the bullets and waited for the shooting to start.

Eclipse didn't so much open the window as she did find a large enough gap in the boards to stick her gun through while still seeing clearly, seeing as most of the windows in this town were boarded up. Nonetheless, she had a great line of sight down the road, but wouldn't be able to shoot at anything in the air if they got too close.

Soon enough the bustling of the town quieted down enough that they could hear the half dozen Boomers coming up the road, the townsfolk almost holding their breaths waiting for someone to fire the first shot.

Provided Solstice didn't shoot first, Corn Cobb and his studs would stop at the other side of the intersection, the other pegasus hovering above the group, all of them with their weapons drawn, Cobb looked smug despite all the guns trained on him, "So, you lot going to give up Ring now? or will we have to kill you for him?"

If however Solstice or Eclipse did shoot first, the Boomers would scatter to cover and begin opening fire without the speech.

Solstice waited for the boomer to get closer, then she line up the shot with Corn's head and pulled the trigger, taking out the leader would throw them into a confusion and maybe a disarray. 

Eclipse aimed at one of the earthponies, and pulled the trigger as well.

Solstice's sneak attack shot was true, killing Corn Cobb where he stood. The rest of the Boomers scattered to cover while the remaining pegasus took to the sky, looking to strike back at Solstice.

Given Solstice was ignorant at the finer points of stealth, the pegasus was able to find her, returning fire and hitting her solidly for 12 damage. (88hp remains)

One of the townsfolk was quick on the return, shooting at the pegasus, but missed wildly, hitting another villager in the process.

Tonic fired next on the unicorn, bloodying it. 26

Ring fired on the pegasus, but missed.

Sunny was next, firing on the pegasus, giving it a solid hit. 12

The Boomer unicorn, bloodied by Tonic, charged up a spell.

A pair of the earth ponies charged towards the townsfolk with knives.

A member of the townsfolk fired on the charging earth ponies, but the shot didn't penetrate their armor.

The last earth pony of the Boomers fired on Sunny, the bullet hit but didn't seem to hurt her too bad.

Another of the townsfolk fired on the charging earth ponies, hitting them. 9

Eclipse fired next, bloodying one of the charging earth ponies.

The last townsfolk fired, finishing off the bloodied earth pony.

(The next round will happen in this same order, Solstice first.)

The Situation:

2 boomers dead. Corn & an earth pony

1 boomer bloodied. The unicorn

1 boomer injured. The pegasus

2 boomers unharmed. a charging earth pony and the rifle earth pony.

1 villager injured

Solstice injured

7 unharmed.

Solstice fell over and when she got up, she unloaded the entire capacity into the pegasus as she used the a healing stuff Eclipse gave her.

Eclipse calmed down before taking a shot at the rifle earthpony.

Three of Solstice's four shots hit, killing the pegasus. Their body fell on the roof with her. Solstice was able to heal up to full health.

One of the townsfolk fired at the remaining charging earth pony, but missed.

Tonic missed her shot on the unicorn.

Ring's shot did not penetrate the unicorn's armor.

Sunny's shot did not penetrate the unicorn's armor.

The unicorn fired it's spell at Tonic, the mare just barely dodging most of it.

The earth pony had reached the townsfolk, but missed their swing with the knife.

A member of the townsfolk fired back on the knife pony, but the bullet simply lodged in its armor.

The rifle pony fired on Sunny, the bullet again hitting her armor.

A member of the townsfolk fired at the knife pony, but missed wildly, hitting a villager in the process.

Eclipse got a solid shot on the rifle pony, bloodying it.

The last townsfolk fired, finishing off the unicorn.

The Situation:

4 Boomers dead, 1 bloodied (rifle pony), 1 injured (knife pony).

3 villagers injured (Tonic, Sunny, villager), 4 unharmed

Solstice placed the looting of the pegasus later on her to do list. She charged her weapon up and fired at the knife pony. She was curious what Corn has on him, but it would probably be ransacked when she gets there

Eclipse took another shot at the rilfe pony before pulling her gun out and got ready for the sun, with her cloak and mask on.  

Solstice hit the rifle pony, it looked unsteady and close to death.

The first of the townsfolk hit the charging pony in a weak spot, it too looked unsteady and close to death.

Tonic dispatched the rifle pony before it could flee the fight.

Ring finished off the charging earth pony before they could flee.

The fight seemingly over the townsfolk waited a few moments before coming out of their hiding spots, the injured ones calling out for Solstice to bring over the medical supplies, but generally the town seemed relieved and prideful that they had repelled the Boomers.

The sisters were now both well liked by the town, but no doubt they'd be shunned by the boomers if they ever came in contact with them again.

Eclipse's mask may not be necessary as the sun was already touching the horizon, night would soon follow.

Solstice hopped down and started handing out the medicine to the injured. She quickly teleported the pegasus that was on the roof next to Corn's body, making Eclipse jump a bit from the sudden appearance.

Eclipse poked her head out and strip off her clothing and mask, then placed them on the porch out of the way, then she walked up to Corn's body and went to check to see what he had on his body. As she was about to check, a dead pegasus fell and landed in front of her, making her jump, then she checked the body

Each of the Boomers had basic rifles and knives on them, the unicorn had a small collection of dynamite as well, they each had a set of leather armor stamped with NLR Correctional. Corn had a stronger set of armor as well as a .357 magnum like Tonic. Among them they had 139 caps.

Ring came over to whichever sister was closer, "Thanks again for all your help. I owe you a huge favor for this." He reached into his bag, "Here, these are technically Crimson Caravan funds, but I know they'll understand once I explain things." He hoofs over 100 caps.

If they tried to deny the caps he would insist, "I can't have somepony stick their neck out for free. I know it isn't much, but if you look me up at the Crimson Caravan's main camp in New Pegas, I'll pay you in full."

Solstice looked up and said, "Thanks, and you're welcome." She stashed the caps her bag and added to get a pouch later on to hold their caps. Once she was done handing out the healing items to the injured ones, she walked over to Eclipse and help her take the equipment off of Corn and the pegasus. She can sell the dynamite to chip or maybe Salty, the gun would come in handy, and they might find a use for the armor. 

Eclipse grabbed the guns and took out the clips to place in her bag, before dismantling the rifle and she was glad that she now has a knife for situations that she can't fire her gun.

After looting all the bodies they'd have 5 sets of leather armor, one set of reinforced armor, five rifles, a .357 magnum, five sticks of dynamite and 139 caps.

(If I were keeping track of durability I'd say you could break things down into repair components, but since I'm not they'll be crafting and upgrade components.)

Dismantling the gun yielded a set of rifle components.

The townsfolk started to calm down from the excitement, a few headed back to the saloon while most simply headed home to let the healing products do their thing. Solstice still had a stimpac left as well as the doctor's bag.

Sunny and Cheyenne would come up to them as they looted the bodies, "So, what are you two going to do now? Going to stick around town a bit?"

Solstice shook her head and said, "We're going to do some trading before we head off to Prime. We have to catch up to the thieves and it's a good start."

Eclipse placed the rifle components in her bag and headed towards the general store.

Sunny nodded, "Well I can't say I blame you, if you ever need a place to stay though you two are always welcome here. On your way to Prime I'd suggest you stick to the road as much as you can, the wildlife gets more abundant the further away from the road you get, since the NLR does a pretty decent job of keeping the roads safe with their patrols."

Chip was waiting inside the store, cowering was perhaps more accurate as he had his gun trained on the door. He looked like he was about to shoot Eclipse when she walked in but quickly calmed down when he realized she wasn't a Boomer. "This one apologizes, is the fighting over? Chip was promised compensation for supplying townsponies, is it safe for this one to collect?"

Solstice nodded and said, "I'll keep that in mind and we will." She wasn't in the mood for wasting ammo on wildlife.

Eclipse nodded and said as she walked up to the counter, "It is, but before you go, I need to sell some items and buy some as well." She placed four leather armors, five rifles, and five sticks of dynamite on the counter.

Chip looked pleased, until he examined the armor, his expression suddenly turned cold and angry, "You think this one is dumb? Some illiterate cur?!" He turned over the armor showing how it had been stamped NLR Correctional. "You pulled these off the Boomers! This one was promised to receive their equipment for their help! Promised by the mare who was with you." He somewhat violently shoved the armor, rifles, and dynamite, off the counter except for the one he had shown Eclipse, which he held onto as he stormed out of the store with his own .357 Magnum drawn, "No one backstabs Chip and gets away with it."

He would storm towards Solstice upon leaving the store, causing Sunny to back away with a worried expression. Chip would throw down the armor, NLR Correctional side up, at Solstice's hooves. "The mare you came with tried to sell Chip what you had promised this one would receive. Explain."

Sunny's expression turned to confusion as she watched to see how Solstice would respond.

Meanwhile Eclipse was left alone in Chip's store.