Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc An Arrow to the Wing OOC (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Can we get an f in chat for Ruby? She's not dead... probably... but we know she took a major L.

And if this is one of things where Quasi has to kiss Ruby to help her, she's screwed cause that's outta Quasi's comfort zone :P

the damage was mostly mental, a broken bone doesn't really do much for her, but since Quasi 'healed' that, she will be mainly confused as only way to revert it is for her to not remember it  :twi:

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

the damage was mostly mental, a broken bone doesn't really do much for her, but since Quasi 'healed' that, she will be mainly confused as only way to revert it is for her to not remember it  :twi:

Makes sense, also, someone should tell Quasi that he could've just took off the necklace from the start. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Should we skip to a few days? Ember's group can make it to the treasury, and Ruby and Quasi may have a nightwing named Moonwatcher show up with a gem necklace that is actually a dream visitor that will be used for communicating, assuring that the correct timeline where Ruby turns against the Fironians happens. Ruby would think this was just a thing Quasi accidentally left at home or something. By the time she finds out, she understand the problem with the Fironians, or opposes them for reasons of her own, understanding why Quasi would have to hide such a thing from Ruby.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Should we skip to a few days? Ember's group can make it to the treasury, and Ruby and Quasi may have a nightwing named Moonwatcher show up with a gem necklace that is actually a dream visitor that will be used for communicating, assuring that the correct timeline where Ruby turns against the Fironians happens. Ruby would think this was just a thing Quasi accidentally left at home or something. By the time she finds out, she understand the problem with the Fironians, or opposes them for reasons of her own, understanding why Quasi would have to hide such a thing from Ruby.

I would be aright with even bigger timeskip. There isn't much for Ruby and Quasi to do at the homelands anymore, so skipping until Ruby decides to go join the Fironians would be logical. We can also do a timeskip of few days and do as you said, and after that skip some more. For Ember and the bunch, until you have planned something specific to happen, the treasury raid doesn't need to be played out as it can be done in the timeskip's summary

By the time she finds out, she understand the problem with the Fironians, or opposes them for reasons of her own, understanding why Quasi would have to hide such a thing from Ruby.

considering that this would be most likely after she turns on them and kills the leader (and gets beaten herself) I don't think she would care enough at that point to need to understand 

• 4 weeks later...

@Lucid_Nightlight
I think you posted this accidentally to the wrong thread 

9 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

So what do we wanna do about Ruby? Will she do the right thing for her own reasons? Maybe she starts to care for Quasi?

What do you think we should do? In terms of Ruby and the final battle?

anyway....

It should be clear at this point that Ruby doesn't do things because they are the right things to do, there is no right and wrong as far as she's concerned, closest thing to wrong that she acknowledges is actions that make one show their weakness, like for example killing babies, she doesn't see it as evil, but whoever does something like that is in her eyes disgustingly weak and thus doesn't deserve to live. She has her own, sometimes weird and even nonsensical motives to do things she does.  

She also won't do something if she keeps getting reminded about it, quite the opposite actually, if it gets annoying enough to her, she'll do the exact opposite out of spite. Though she will end up taking on the leader in the end regardless of what the exact motivation is, since in any situation that will be in her personal interest to do.

For the plan with her, I'd say to go with what I originally said, she becomes an actual part of the enemy, killing lot of "good guys" to prove her loyalty, making everyone see that she has truly switched sides, it would be to the point that when they get closer and closer to the last battle, the group is mentally prepared for the fact that they have to go against Ruby. It won't be until they reach the throne room the reality will come apparent, as at that point the fight between Ruby and the leader would have already ended, and Ruby would be on the ground bracing for her last breath as whoever it is who would be the one to come to their leaders assistance is getting ready to end her for good.

For Quasi, she already cares about him, but not in the obvious way. She doesn't feel empathy/sympathy, and that's not something that'll change just like that, in theory it could change with time, but not in time that this RP takes place, it would be matter of years and years, so showing caring through that doesn't happen. For straight up love, she wouldn't be able to tell even if she did feel that, because she has no idea what it is supposed to feel. Her caring is less a showcase of emotion, since she's mentally a very cold creature, partly by nature, partly due to her awful upbringing and life. 

Think about it, we are talking about a dragon who hates everyone and sees nothing wrong in killing someone if they annoy her too much, but she not only tolerates Quasi in times when he is being annoying, but also: Shared her territory with him, has told him things nobody else knows, let's him to invade her head without constantly complaining about it, sleeps in the same room with him willingly, actively helped him when he was injured by bringing him things, doesn't violently push him away if he tries to touch her,  borrowed her possessions to him (the books), would try to convince the Fironians to not kill him if need came.....and so on, he's clearly getting special treatment from her, is that not a show of caring?

and for the final battle itself, could we keep it short-ish, I don't like and thus am not good with PvP things in RPs. What I mean is, it could for example be done like this:
post 1: Ruby attacks suddenly
post 2: Leader's reaction 
Post 3-4: summary of the battle, no specific attacks, just generally how the battle goes
post 5: leader's death, a small breather
6: the backup arrives
7: summary of a short battle that leads to Ruby losing as she is greatly weakened
8: the 'good guy' group gets into the throne room and things continue from there

the exact post amount isn't necessarily this but I hope you get what I mean, no fight where the posts go like:
Ruby attacks
Leader blocks and attacks
Ruby dodges and attacks
leader this
Ruby that
This
That
this
that

@Catpone Cerberus

Hmm I like the idea. So, how will Ruby survive this? Perhaps Quasi fights off her opponents and after the final opponent goes down, Quasi is weakened and collapses. He wakes to Ruby standing over him in a cave in Ruby's land.

A letter appears giving Ruby a full pardon for y'know, literally killing the Fironian leader. Though that doesn't mean she'll go back to Equestria. (Unless you want her to)

Who knows? Maybe if you're up for it, we could leave a cliffhanger for a future roleplay with, though if you're burned out or just plain don't feel like it, that's cool too (My skill isn't exactly anything to behold :ButtercupLaugh:)

On 2021-03-14 at 6:21 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Hmm I like the idea. So, how will Ruby survive this? Perhaps Quasi fights off her opponents and after the final opponent goes down, Quasi is weakened and collapses. He wakes to Ruby standing over him in a cave in Ruby's land.

A letter appears giving Ruby a full pardon for y'know, literally killing the Fironian leader. Though that doesn't mean she'll go back to Equestria. (Unless you want her to)

I don't see reason for Quasi getting injured too. Ruby would survive because while she would get injured seriously enough to collapse if not pass out, there would not be lethal damage, there maybe could be permanent damage, but not enough to be lethal assuming she'll get some kind of basic care after it, (like taking care of wounds) since her kind is unreasonably durable and things like inflammation isn't really a risk due to their high body temperature killing most if not all bacteria and viruses. 

How I think it could go is:
Ruby goes down due to the backup attacking her in her already weak state, there's maybe some dialogue between then if the one attacking her has a ego or something, Quasi would arrive in time and get involved (he would know to come because the backup would have broken down the door(s) since Ruby of course would seal them to stop them from coming, and breaking doors makes noise, and the library is relatively close to the throne room.) he would do well enough since he buffed himself to be comparable to Ruby, but even if he would have trouble, Ember and others would come soon after to finish things as them getting into the building would most likely be the moment Ruby first acts.

Then as things calm down, there would be dialogue with Quasi worrying about Ruby and the others saying their own things (for example I'd imagine Sky being justifiably angry at Ruby since even though she in the end takes down the leader, she would still have killed quite a lot of creatures from the 'good side'.) and eventually she would be taken somewhere where she gets help (since even if someone went so far as to demand Ruby to pay for her crimes, it's hard to punish someone who is dead) and Quasi would have plenty of time to worry over her since she would be literally unable to do anything about it.

Then at some point where both agree would be good moment to end, the ending.

Who knows? Maybe if you're up for it, we could leave a cliffhanger for a future roleplay with, though if you're burned out or just plain don't feel like it, that's cool too

Cliffhanger is not a good idea in my opinion, because while starting a new RP with other RP being as the backstory is not a bad idea, continuing from a certain point by my experience never tends to work.

In my opinion the best way to end it would be (a) conclusion post(s) which would give the type of "Happily ever after for now" ending. I don't know how to explain things so I'll just give an example.

After this they stayed there for this amount of time until this happened, then they did this and that, that and this, and this time later this happened which caused this to happen and from that point on this was the situation, the end. 

that type of thing, a post where it's summarized how their lives went on for few years or so and leaving it with the idea that this is how it will go for some time in future too.

This way if we end up starting a new RP with this RP being canon in that RP, it can be started with a summary of this RP with small mention of what are the last things that happened before the new RP, making it easier in my opinion.

(My skill isn't exactly anything to behold :ButtercupLaugh:)

I don't know if it's skill thing necessarily, it may be, it may not, it depends what is considered RP skill.

The only things really see as a problem is the hurry and information related things. I have brought all these up when they got hard to ignore, but I'll make a final dumb here with ways how I see it would be done better. Don't take it as anger or anything like that, I just want to give hints and share what I think you could improve on, you are welcome to do the same for me if there's anything that bothers you.

Spoiler

The hurry:

Things getting skipped without indication of how long it has been or what happened during that skip. If there's a slow moment that's starting to get dry, instead of just skipping it, conclude it, example:
A conversation while flying from place A to B, instead of just suddenly cutting it and saying "They eventually arrived." it could be "After that there wasn't much being said, and after few hours of uneventful flight they arrived." 

Things have to happen now!-effect. The arena was a good example, the fights were back to back, like minutes between them in RP time it felt like, and then they escaped, this causes the rush I pointed out at some point, there should be some time for a breather, for the characters and the players. This also leads to illogical things happening, again the arena is a good example: All of them are brought in, then suddenly all but Ruby and Quasi are taken away without any of them fighting once in the arena, then they somehow escape leaving the two dragons behind.

Back then I said it could be good to have them alone so that their relationship can be built, but when I say something would be good to happen at some point soon enough, it doesn't mean it should happen in the next post, it means that from the next post we should start building a non-forced, logical and "soft" way to make that happen, it may take 3 posts, or 10 posts, the important part is that it makes sense.

Infomation:

I know things I don't need to know, and don't know what I want to know.

The characters, I still don't know  your character's skills and abilities fully, or why they are the ones who has been sent. I use my own characters as example.

Ruby, she has harder than steel scales, teeth and claws capable of going through that, and a hot fire breath. She can transform into one specific pony form, and can seal things with magic. She's skilled and intelligent fighter and hunter, being able to sneak on her enemies or fight them face to face depending on the situation. She can adapt her fighting based on her opponent, and can also sense shiny things like metals and gems.

Ember, Skilled bounty hunter with enchanted magic resistant armor and weapon, she's experienced in taking down various kinds of creatures and knows how to avoid detection. She has access to information and equipment through her network of connections, and crows like her for some reason.  She can breath fire. 

This was true before the RP, it has been consistent through the RP, and besides maybe learning new specific spells, will be so after the RP. This was also information made known early in the RP.

But then, someone like Arrow, he's a ex-dragon hunter unicorn, so from that I get, he can take a Equestrian dragon in a fight and knows magic, okay, that much was and is clear...but that's really it. What kind of spells does he knows? He can teleport but his aim with that isn't good, that was made know in the start good, but what about combat? no idea. Sure he created and army of magical ponies, unbreakable net that fell unnaturally fast, and things like that, but there was no indication he could do any of that before he used them, and there has been no implication that he has used them since.

The problem with there not being any foreshadowing that he could do something like that, is that when he did do them, it felt to me that you just came up with them on the spot to specifically counter whatever Ruby did, thus taking any interest I had in the fight out, because I knew that no matter what I did in the limits of my character, Arrow would be able to counter it with his seemingly limitless abilities. This is not only problem with specific characters, but also things like the enemy's army or any other threats, if all threat seem like they are specifically made to go against specific character, getting new abilities on the fly with no realistic explanation.

For example Arrow, it could be that his ability is that his magic is like the rings of lanterns from DC, aka he can create what he can imagine, but that was never stated at any point, he just kinda did things. 

Then the enemy military, instead of them having artillery against group of five or convenient enchantments in their weapons just to go through Ruby's scales, it would make sense for them to first try what they would usually use in the situation, realize that one of these creatures is immune to bullets/sleep-darts, and next time bring RPGs/gas form of the sleeping poison.

There needs to be rules for the world and the characters, and those rules need to be consistent.

Who is speaking, who does this color belong to? Has this character left the room or are they just quiet? When did this character appear, or has they been there the whole time? Where is this character that randomly comments on things but doesn't seem to hear most of the things?

I need to know this, It doesn't need to be anything complicated, just tell me between the dialogue if the characters taking part change, is there someone new? has someone left? is someone around to hear normal voice, does my character need to whisper or yell?.

Humans have weapons, okay, what does it need to be told 100 times. 
I could understand if a character mentioned it in a fitting context, like for example "Yeah there's lot of powerful weapons back home but because the humans turn into ponies when they come here, they can't help right now." but if the information comes up so many times that every player and every character already knows it, it shouldn't be repeated without logical reason. It's like the "as you know" thing in movies, if everyone knows it, why are you telling it again?

It's also good to consider if a character would actually say something, for example with the Fironians, it may be that you purposely are making them seem like idiots, no problem with that per say, but if you think about it, you sent someone to hire you a bodyguard, and the first thing they say to the potential hire who's  name they barely know and who has worked for the enemy before "Hi, my leader is in a weak state and needs someone to protect them.", it's just not something that would happen between smart individuals.

How? Just how?
How did the Fironians make it to Ruby's territory in the homelands to ask her to join? How did ponies know where Ruby kept her treasure? How did the arena-kidnappers know where the group was coming? How did the guards transport all Ruby's stuff? How were they there so fast, how did they know she had decided she had enough? How does random individuals with just the right words appear and disappear before anyone can say something or do anything relating to them?

This is a side effect of the hurry but it also comes up with attempts at a joke. A random jackal making it past several territories of bloodthirsty dangerous dragons with no problem simply doesn't make sense, or the ponies, getting to know Ruby's plans, breaking into her house, getting past traps to a secret cave they didn't know exists, collecting everything from that cave, and transporting it to a different world in what was at max few hours of time, simply doesn't make sense, even in world of magic.  

Follow the limitations of the world, otherwise there's no point in doing anything if everything is possible when it's convenient. 

This doesn't mean everything needs to be explained to the letter, only that there needs to be some indication on how is a thing possible, something from where one can logically take away what's possible, for example, we know that Ruby's claws are capable of going through things harder than steel, thus, if she at some point rips off a roof from armored car (made of steel), there's no need for separate explanation for how she does that, but if instead Ember suddenly did that, it would need to be explained.

Then few minor things:

Seemingly ignoring things, sometimes it's understandable, but sometimes it's not, like with the last reply, there's literal questions and there's no acknowledgement at all, at least mention that the characters are ignoring them if that's the case, it's not fun when you write a reply and the next one is written such that you could just delete most of yours and there's no difference. 

Some attempts of humor, like the news paper thing, I personally don't find 'haha, so random' type of humor funny, not really a big thing, since my characters usually can react to it still, just a thing. In positive note, for example the murder fruit thing has nothing wrong with it, it doesn't necessarily amuse me, but in my opinion it makes the chemistry between Quasi and Ruby fun.

Lastly, you improved with it already since I mentioned it earlier, but I'll mention it again into have it here, my characters not having reason to exist, any reply where things happen or things are said without other players having any change to react to it or get involved in any way, those are not enjoyable, RP is a team effort after all, if one wants to just tell a story, they should write a book.

If it isn't clear enough, I am willing to start a new RP after this one, even one with this being "Canon" in it, but it would be preferable if we could plan that out a bit, and stick to that plan, no more dragon civil wars turning into multidimensional chaos. :umad:

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Thinking we can kill off Ace. Sky will learn from the event. The thing is that Sky looks up to Ace as a father figure. This could turn on a switch in him that makes him embrace is natural skills as a leader perhaps from a final request from Ace?

Before we do that, it would be a good idea to get more into Sky and Ace's father-son type relationship. 

How Ace is killed could be an interesting. We could also use this idea to make the Jackals more threatening. Perhaps they manage to make a nuclear bomb or a chemical weapon. Could try this thing with the "disabling this weapon is a one way trip sort of thing" 

Sky volunteers when suddenly Ace stops him telling him he is still young and has a life ahead of him. And Ace explains how he himself has lived a long and good life and want Sky to have that chance, the chance for him to get better and the chance to accomplish overcoming the challenges he faces.

Before he goes in, Ace will give Sky a 1911 handgun. The one Ace would always carry with him throughout his military and bounty hunting career. This part is significant because it is customary for Nomadikans to hand something down to their children before death.

Sky will choose to keep going to ensure Ace's reasons for his sacrifice are fulfilled.

Maybe we can do it better than what we did with Nightmare Moon since although it was "canonically" a huge struggle between Sky and Nightmare Moon, it was rushed and to us it looks like "threw a grenade there goes her head."

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Thinking we can kill off Ace. Sky will learn from the event. The thing is that Sky looks up to Ace as a father figure. This could turn on a switch in him that makes him embrace is natural skills as a leader perhaps from a final request from Ace?

Before we do that, it would be a good idea to get more into Sky and Ace's father-son type relationship. 

How Ace is killed could be an interesting. We could also use this idea to make the Jackals more threatening. Perhaps they manage to make a nuclear bomb or a chemical weapon. Could try this thing with the "disabling this weapon is a one way trip sort of thing" 

Sky volunteers when suddenly Ace stops him telling him he is still young and has a life ahead of him. And Ace explains how he himself has lived a long and good life and want Sky to have that chance, the chance for him to get better and the chance to accomplish overcoming the challenges he faces.

Before he goes in, Ace will give Sky a 1911 handgun. The one Ace would always carry with him throughout his military and bounty hunting career. This part is significant because it is customary for Nomadikans to hand something down to their children before death.

Sky will choose to keep going to ensure Ace's reasons for his sacrifice are fulfilled.

I have really nothing against this, but few suggestion on how to do it

Firstly, whenever the time for it is, it shouldn't just suddenly happen out of nowhere, instead there should be some foreshadowing, so instead of suddenly going, "oh btw, they have this now and it has been armed", there would be for example reports of small chemical attacks against troops here and there that come to out character as just that, reports, a heads up report that the enemy is now using chemicals of some sort, they would not see them personally anywhere, but there would be a clear implication that some kind of smaller tests are being done. Only after that would this bigger weapon come to play. 

also if it wasn't apparent, from those two I personally prefer the chemical option over the nukes, for two reasons: 
1. It would be hard to believe that they suddenly got everything needed for that.
2. Earth would certainly nuke them after that.

Second, Ember.
There obviously is nothing for Ember to do during this, since she wouldn't try to sacrifice herself (not that she would know how to disable a modern weapon anyway) and she's not a good emotional support to Sky as has been seen, so it would be good if there was something else happening that I could write something more than just "Ember followed the situation quietly until it ended." What it would be, don't know to say at this point, but something so that it wouldn't just be "2 characters talking while everyone else stands there". 

depending on how you were planning to do this, Arrow and Ember could build theirs at the same time so that, again, there's something to do for me too (and it could be good for it to be something else than someone just telling how close Sky and Ace are, you know, the whole "show don't tell" thing.)

7 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Maybe we can do it better than what we did with Nightmare Moon since although it was "canonically" a huge struggle between Sky and Nightmare Moon, it was rushed and to us it looks like "threw a grenade there goes her head."

Honestly I kinda expected him to just shoot and win :P the problem with bringing in canon characters like Nightmare moon is that they ultimately will be pushovers, because either they are demi-gods or they can be killed by characters whose only "power" is modern weapons, in the former case none of our characters could realistically take them down. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Lucid_Nightlight
I know Ruby's part is bit...forceful and possibly a bit passive aggressive, but this is something that has to happen now, Ruby as a character is very close to a boiling point, this war, into which she was half-forced to join, has had lot more negatives to her than positives, from Arrow's unbeatable magic and the conveniently equipped enemies, to the constant mind intrusion and literal mind control, even the most prideful creature would have trouble answering the question "why bother?". At this point if even this doesn't succeed because of everything being just convenient enough to go directly against her, she'll just quit and leave everything, including Quasi, behind, and probably end up dead. 

It doesn't need to be Mira, it was you who got her involved, but Ruby needs to start to be able to succeed at things if you want her to Stay in the RP, because both for the character and for me as the player, the constant failure and everything being just right to counter her is getting tiring. I can understand why nobody agrees with her, she's an a-hole and a monster, but that doesn't mean she should always be the one in the wrong.  

I'm not saying that Gladia shouldn't treat Ruby badly, she's clearly a evil leader so i'd actually expect her to do something to Ruby as sort of punishment or something, I'm also not saying Quasi shouldn't challenge her, no, this is entirely a 'meta' problem, in the same way as Ruby shouldn't be reminded every second post how she's part of a plan, she should have change to actually succeed at something, as an example, the current situation:

On 2021-03-26 at 4:13 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Quasi swooped down and faced Ruby.

"You've taken the fort instantly, you don't need to fight now."

"Quasi, it's okay you don't need t-"

"No, don't make this situation worse. You retreat with your forces."

Mira would then leave.

"Watch as you grow aware of the danger that is over you. In the final battle you, it will come to you."

In this you are partly controlling my character, you are assuming that Ruby wouldn't just push Quasi aside and charge Mira who is close enough to hear what Quasi says and respond, I looked past this because I didn't realize it right away myself.

then, 3  spoken sentences later, you are implying that a whole army has moved fast enough away that there's no longer point to even try to catch them? It takes about 20 seconds to say that dialogue, so you are saying that in 20 seconds, this whole army has gone so far that Ruby who have also been sated to be quite quick for her size couldn't go after them? in reality, until they are comparable to full speed fighter-jets somehow, they wouldn't even be out of sight in 20 seconds.

I'm also letting quite a lot slide, for example, if Ruby was truly in character, Quasi wouldn't have gotten past "you don't need to fight" before Ruby would have already pushed him out of the way. 

My problem is not with Quasi's actions, as I believe this is something he would do, my problem is how it happens. 

I want to see this RP to the end because I'm enjoying  it most of the time, but I have to bring up these things because it damages that enjoyment. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-03-29 at 3:47 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
I know Ruby's part is bit...forceful and possibly a bit passive aggressive, but this is something that has to happen now, Ruby as a character is very close to a boiling point, this war, into which she was half-forced to join, has had lot more negatives to her than positives, from Arrow's unbeatable magic and the conveniently equipped enemies, to the constant mind intrusion and literal mind control, even the most prideful creature would have trouble answering the question "why bother?". At this point if even this doesn't succeed because of everything being just convenient enough to go directly against her, she'll just quit and leave everything, including Quasi, behind, and probably end up dead. 

It doesn't need to be Mira, it was you who got her involved, but Ruby needs to start to be able to succeed at things if you want her to Stay in the RP, because both for the character and for me as the player, the constant failure and everything being just right to counter her is getting tiring. I can understand why nobody agrees with her, she's an a-hole and a monster, but that doesn't mean she should always be the one in the wrong.  

I'm not saying that Gladia shouldn't treat Ruby badly, she's clearly a evil leader so i'd actually expect her to do something to Ruby as sort of punishment or something, I'm also not saying Quasi shouldn't challenge her, no, this is entirely a 'meta' problem, in the same way as Ruby shouldn't be reminded every second post how she's part of a plan, she should have change to actually succeed at something, as an example, the current situation:

In this you are partly controlling my character, you are assuming that Ruby wouldn't just push Quasi aside and charge Mira who is close enough to hear what Quasi says and respond, I looked past this because I didn't realize it right away myself.

then, 3  spoken sentences later, you are implying that a whole army has moved fast enough away that there's no longer point to even try to catch them? It takes about 20 seconds to say that dialogue, so you are saying that in 20 seconds, this whole army has gone so far that Ruby who have also been sated to be quite quick for her size couldn't go after them? in reality, until they are comparable to full speed fighter-jets somehow, they wouldn't even be out of sight in 20 seconds.

I'm also letting quite a lot slide, for example, if Ruby was truly in character, Quasi wouldn't have gotten past "you don't need to fight" before Ruby would have already pushed him out of the way. 

My problem is not with Quasi's actions, as I believe this is something he would do, my problem is how it happens. 

I want to see this RP to the end because I'm enjoying  it most of the time, but I have to bring up these things because it damages that enjoyment. 

Gotcha, I'll try to be less in the way in terms of Ruby.

• Brohoof 1

It may be my brain as I have been bit slow today but what exactly is going on here?

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

While they were flying, Sky would get something over the comms, an expression of worry would appear.

"W-what? They're okay, right?"

Then Sky would feel relieved.

"They're healthy?" "Myra. We're gonna retire to Dasonia."

"But that's for when we have a baby. You don't mean I'm...."

Myra was glad that she'd have a pup but, also worried, bringing her home wasn't an option due to the limited resources they'd have to keep an eye on her.

"So, who's gonna stay behind on the raid to protect Myra?"

or is that the point? is Ember supposed to be confused at this point?

edit- I'm gonna go with that, Ember's reaction wouldn't really change anyway regardless of if I can brain today or not.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Lucid_Nightlight
Just informing you regarding change in character's lore, Ember now has a older sister, she doesn't know about said sister, as they had different adoptive parents, but she does now exist. Does that effect the RP? probably not, but felt like it would be good for you to know in case something happens or there's an idea that could use a character like that. 

9 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
Just informing you regarding change in character's lore, Ember now has a older sister, she doesn't know about said sister, as they had different adoptive parents, but she does now exist. Does that effect the RP? probably not, but felt like it would be good for you to know in case something happens or there's an idea that could use a character like that. 

That doesnt effect anything. Were good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Catpone Cerberus

Should we start wrapping this up. Maybe one last thing said by Ruby and then we give an nice little epilogue giving a summary on where everyone went next.

I just thought of something too, perhaps we could start a new roleplay focused on Ruby and Quasi and running their nation and the challenges faced doing so. Or maybe something completely new if you're still interested in doing another roleplay.

I feel that with the rp about the building the nation would be interesting because I like things that have lore.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Should we start wrapping this up. Maybe one last thing said by Ruby and then we give an nice little epilogue giving a summary on where everyone went next.

I just thought of something too, perhaps we could start a new roleplay focused on Ruby and Quasi and running their nation and the challenges faced doing so. Or maybe something completely new if you're still interested in doing another roleplay.

I feel that with the rp about the building the nation would be interesting because I like things that have lore.

@Lucid_Nightlight
Yeah, you can make a epilogue type of thing for your characters and the world in general and I'll post a epilogue thingy for my characters too after that. 

perhaps we could start a new roleplay focused on Ruby and Quasi and running their nation and the challenges faced doing so. Or maybe something completely new if you're still interested in doing another roleplay.

And sure, I'm fine with that idea, as long as we plan a bit in advance, to quote myself:

On 2021-03-15 at 7:51 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

no more dragon civil wars turning into multidimensional chaos. :umad:

I was actually hoping to bring a small bunch of kinda-side characters in the new/sequel RP (we can go more in detail in PMs or in the OOC of the future RP, since it isn't really related to this RP) as that would allow more character development with Ruby, and would bring bit more lore related to her kind. 

I'd also like to continue the Ember-Arrow thing, as I mentioned earlier, Ember now has a sister, and I'd like to explore that a bit. It would be done in the same way as we did with this RP, 2 different things going in the same timeline/world(s).