Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did thay make a remake of mlp when thay chould just make another season

Mylittleponyfan2024

Because the main show had already gone on for too long and since S6 the show has been really inconsistent. And honestly S6 and S9 in particular were horrible

I've enjoyed Pony Life more than the main show for the last few years

12 hours ago, Megas said:

Because the main show had already gone on for too long and since S6 the show has been really inconsistent. And honestly S6 and S9 in particular were horrible

Seasons 1 and 8 were what sucked not 6 and 9.

3 hours ago, Mylittleponyfan2024 said:

Why I mean thay stopped  macking new episodes right when things where getting good.

Indeed. Though I wish they had taken more of a similar approach to what the comics did.

• 1 month later...

Because the show started in 2010 and it was getting to the time to end. What they should have done is work on G5. It's not a big deal if we had to wait for a long time if they were working on it.

They didn't make a remake, they made a spin-off. Say it with me, spin-off. And the simple answer to the question is marketing. They thought a show promoting "simpler, cuter" toys was the right marketing decision at the time. We also have another season out now in the form of a comic, so another season for the show would've been redundant, especially with a new generation on the way. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 1