Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How/why/when did the races separate?

AlbaTross

..... There's no connection of gen 4 and gen 5... Seriously i have no clue on how they'd properly connect the 2.... Its best that they don't connect the two OR this is one of starlight glimmer's branching time line. Where the the mane 6 doesn't exist. Alicorns don't grow. And twilight soloed the problem.

Im pretty sure hasbro is plummeting further down since they messed up Magic the gathering. The one that supports and carries the hasbro dimension. The originator of the spark.( Or maybe its transformers? But magic holds the spark for sure. Because they make the most money.)

That said i think it didnt take a thousand year to happen... Maybe 4 generations worth so maybe 150 years. Not a thousand years as the story implied.

Edited by Kujamih

• 6 months later...
On 2022-12-06 at 1:08 PM, Steve Piranha said:

I don’t think they were separated shortly after Last Problem, as the comics imply. Evidence of it being the abandoned Zephyr Heights train station. It not only shows ponies were still getting along, but the current settlements were already founded by then 

That is, unless the time between G4 and G5 wasn't as long as commonly assumed (only a few centuries as opposed to a millennium or two) - the comics also show the donut shop in Canterlot with intact donuts on the shelves.

At any rate, I get the impression that the writers are being deliberately vague about what exactly went down because after every threat the major G4 characters managed to take down, there's pretty much no logical explanation for this that won't make them look completely impotent.

42 minutes ago, HedonismBot said:

That is, unless the time between G4 and G5 wasn't as long as commonly assumed (only a few centuries as opposed to a millennium or two) - the comics also show the donut shop in Canterlot with intact donuts on the shelves.

At any rate, I get the impression that the writers are being deliberately vague about what exactly went down because after every threat the major G4 characters managed to take down, there's pretty much no logical explanation for this that won't make them look completely impotent.

You can bet the writers won’t reveal an approximate time, but it’s easy to assume they’ve eventually blamed each other after they lost their magic

• 9 months later...

Wow I arrived late to the party... But I know why the races separated. However in order to understand why, there is an obscure piece of lore, you need to be aware of: The Guardians! 

The Hidden Lore of MLP G5 - The Legend of the Guardians

The Guardians where three ponies chosen by unity crystals, to protect all  the tribes.  However, the guardians had a fight with each other and convicted each of their tribes to live separately from each other. 

That's the short version. If you want all the evidence I suggest you watch the video.