Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony race would you want to be? Why?

Lunar Glow

80 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race would you want to be?

• Earth Pony
    • Pegusus
    • Unicorn
    • Another race in Equestria, such as a Griffon or a Zebra

I'd be a goaticorn, a goat that has magical powers. Do I need to say anything else?

That sounds a lot like Grogar from Generation 1.

Except Grogar was a ram... But they're pretty similar in most regards.

Earth ponies never get very much love despite the immense fan base for Pinkie Pie and to a lesser extant Applejack. They're supposed to be physically stronger than the other ponies and more industrious as well. Not to mention they're the only ones who can grow food which is a pretty big deal.

Actually, since Celestia and Luna raise the sun and the moon, unicorns don't really have any specific purpose in Equestria now. They're largely obsolete.

you can't deny that being a unicorn would be super fun though.

I'd be a unicorn, just like my OC.

I've never even given a thought to being an alicorn, if I want wings, I'd just use a spell to give myself some temporarily.

I imagine that I'd be pretty good at magic sine I would practice and study so much.

you can't deny that being a unicorn would be super fun though.

I'd be a unicorn, just like my OC.

I've never even given a thought to being an alicorn, if I want wings, I'd just use a spell to give myself some temporarily.

I imagine that I'd be pretty good at magic sine I would practice and study so much.

I'm definitely pro unicorn. But unlike the other types they don't have a general responsibility for themselves. They just do what they want to, they have the most freedom of the all the ponies.

Granted not all earth ponies grow food nor do all pegasi control the weather. But some of them have to. Unicorns though? They just use their magic to show their swag.

Would you want to be a Unicorn, Pegusus, or, just for the sake of being a pony, an Earth Pony?

I would be a Pegusus. I have always wanted to fly!

And, if you have not noticed, I didn't put Alicorn on the poll, for the fact that of course you want the best of both worlds, but I can't make it that easy for you!  ;)

unicorn, assuming because we aren't ponies with ignorance of the world or are afraid of everything, we would be stronger than your average unicorn, then yes, I would get a flight spell like twilight used on rarity or something, oh and I'd invent some spells.

Or pegasus, although I'm mostly unicorn, and not earth pony because I'm more of the unicorn type, as I don't use brute strength.

Ooor, pegacorn.

I think it would be easiest for a human to transition into a unicorn.

We humans are used to having hands.

Unicorn telekinesis replaces hands very well.

Magic is just the icing on the cake. Even untrained unicorns know a spell or two, Having a light spell, Rarity's mending spell (remember when she fixed the broken wagon wheel?), or a few useful spells always make life a bit easier.

Conclusion: Unicorns are best.

oh yeah, I forgot about that one, and that one is very easy.

so I imagine if a human was a unicorn, they could do almost anything.

Intangibilty? NP, a foal could do it.

Flight? Not a problem.

Increasing magical ability? Pfff, surpass royal gaurd easily in terms of power and tact, oh and weaponry.

Edited by Nightmare Jerremy

I'm definitely pro unicorn. But unlike the other types they don't have a general responsibility for themselves. They just do what they want to, they have the most freedom of the all the ponies.

Granted not all earth ponies grow food nor do all pegasi control the weather. But some of them have to. Unicorns though? They just use their magic to show their swag.

I have so much swag to offer Equestria.... :smug:

Who wouldn't wanna be an alicorn?  They're both unicorns and pegasi

sadly, they aren't on the list, and people think if you want to be an alicorn you're op or something.

• Brohoof 1

sadly, they aren't on the list, and people think if you want to be an alicorn you're op or something.

Despite the fact that it's been shown several times that alicorns aren't invincible. Since alicorns possess the magical traits of all three types, and it was originally the unicorns who used to raise the sun and moon, and Tirek matched power with Twilight after they both absorbed magic I have to wonder if there is a ratio of magical power between alicorns and other types.
  • Brohoof 1

Despite the fact that it's been shown several times that alicorns aren't invincible. Since alicorns possess the magical traits of all three types, and it was originally the unicorns who used to raise the sun and moon, and Tirek matched power with Twilight after they both absorbed magic I have to wonder if there is a ratio of magical power between alicorns and other types.

all magic of equestria vs 4 alicorns, both are equaly matched.

Damn, unicorns are weak...as this was also counting pegasi and earth ponies I believe. Oh and tireks if he gad any inate magic,

all magic of equestria vs 4 alicorns, both are equaly matched.

Damn, unicorns are weak...as this was also counting pegasi and earth ponies I believe. Oh and tireks if he gad any inate magic,

So if I was a unicorn or other type of pony fighting against Celestia or another princess I'd basically be screwed? If they're so powerful then why do they need all those royal guards? Those guys are practically useless!

I think Tirek may have had some amount of magic initially. I think he'd have to just to be able to absorb the magic of others. Just a hunch though, he may just be a leech with none of his own.

So if I was a unicorn or other type of pony fighting against Celestia or another princess I'd basically be screwed? If they're so powerful then why do they need all those royal guards? Those guys are practically useless!

I think Tirek may have had some amount of magic initially. I think he'd have to just to be able to absorb the magic of others. Just a hunch though, he may just be a leech with none of his own.

royal guards for intimidation, numbers, to prevent people from trying anything, to alert the princesses should anything hapoen.

But yes, a 1v1 and you would be screwed, assuming they have passive shields or an active shield, but only tightly around them. And what is stopping them from TK'ing you?

Edited by Nightmare Jerremy

Unicorns would probably offer the most benefits when choosing a species of technicolor miniature talking horses, so I'd probably go with that. Plus, they're my favorite, so yeah.

However, the draconequus would be an interesting species to be as well, but I think that's Discord-exclusive.

Edited by Blue Moon

royal guards for intimidation, numbers, to prevent people from trying anything, to alert the princesses should anything hapoen.

But yes, a 1v1 and you would be screwed, assuming they have passive shields or an active shield, but only tightly around them. And what is stopping them from TK'ing you?

The way you describe the guards makes the princesses look like tyrants. Which I personally tend to think they somewhat are. If for no other fact than that they're unelected, nearly omnipotent, eternal sovereigns. Benevolent dictators basically.

And I wouldn't try to take on an alicorn unless I myself was one. Otherwise I'd have to resort to some type of strategem or the use of a different source of magic or technology.

The way you describe the guards makes the princesses look like tyrants. Which I personally tend to think they somewhat are. If for no other fact than that they're unelected, nearly omnipotent, eternal sovereigns. Benevolent dictators basically.

And I wouldn't try to take on an alicorn unless I myself was one. Otherwise I'd have to resort to some type of strategem or the use of a different source of magic or technology.

well, does the guard thing work? I mean ponies are in harmony, and the occasional criminal is brought in by the guard...