Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo Wii repair problems

HereComesTom

Does anyone here know a lot about the Nintendo Wii---like, how to fix one? 

I just tried to replace my Wii's disk drive.  The first time I switched it on after replacing it, I couldn't even feed it any discs---it wouldn't make a sound or take the discs in when I tried to put one in.  But I was at least able to play my Virtual Console titles.

The second time I switched it on, I heard the disk drive make a noise, so I tried inserting a disc.  The disc entered the drive just fine, but then I got this weird-looking error message:  "An error has occurred.  Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."  Problem is:  the Eject Button wouldn't do anything---at least, not until I switched my Wii off:  THEN it would give me back the disc!

Even worse:  I suddenly can't play any of my Virtual Console titles:  when I select one, I just get a black screen---my Wii isn't even talking to my Wiimote, and I can't get the Wii out of this state until and unless I hold the power button down for 5 seconds!

Anyone know what I can do?