Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An Idea for My Fanfic Cutie Mark Crusader Feud. Pick a Side.

TheUnknownPhantom5

In the fanfiction I'm writing there's going to be a story arc where the CMCs have a falling out, and I want you to pick who's side you'd be on. The fight is Mainly between Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. I'm going to tell you why they are both mad at each other, as well as what is going to happen with Apple Bloom, and then I want you to tell me who;s side you are going to choose.

First why Sweetie Belle is mad. You see in the story Sweetie Belle decieded to plan a very special girls day out with Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo to celebrate the day they formed the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They were going to go to the spa, then out to eat, go swimming, and alot of other fun stuff, before spending the night in the clubhouse. Sweetie Belle was planning this for months, and was really looking forward to it. However only Apple Bloom shows up, but not Scootaloo. This causes Sweetie Belle to get angry at Scootaloo and acusse her of ditching her friends.

Now for Scootaloo's reason for not showing up. In my fanfic I created a new character. Scootaloo's cousin Bradford. He is a pegagus who Scootaloo really admires, as much as she does Rainbow Dash. Braford had been away in Fillydelphia for 6 years studying at a very fancy school, and on the day of Sweetie Belle's cmc anniversy day Braford just so happened to visit Scootaloo. At first Scootaloo was going to hang out with Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle for the girls day out, and then hang out with Braford the next day only to learn that he would only be there for one day. So because she hadn't seen him for So long Scootaloo choses to hang out with Bradford instead.

How Apple Bloom is affected. Apple Bloom is caught right in the middle of this feud. On one hand she understands why Sweetie Belle is upset since Sweetie Belle had been planning this special for months, but Apple Bloom also gets why Scootaloo would want to hang out with her cousin who she hadn't seen in years, and Scootaloo also didn't know when Bradford would have visited again. However both Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo want Apple Bloom to take their side to the point where they physically play tug of war, and pull Apple Bloom back and force extremley hard until Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon arive to break up. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's fight, and constant attempts to persude Apple Bloom get so bad that it causes Apple Bloom to have a mental breakdown, and file a restraning order against both of them

Okay so now that that's all explained who's side would you pick?

Sweetie Belle's?

Scootaloo's?

or

Apple Bloom's?

• Brohoof 1

I'd pick Applebloom. 

The way I understood the events is that Scootaloo just did not show up, with no warning or explanation and the other two had to go look for her.

While I understand Scootaloo's motive to ditch her friends and instead spend time with her causin, she should have talked it over with them first. Explain the circumstances to Sweetie Belle and then asked for advice or whatever. Maybe it would have been possible to spend some time with the CMCs and some time with her causin. If Sweetie Belle insisted that Scootaloo only spends time with the CMCs, then Sweetie Belle would be the asshole of this story. Since Scootaloo just no-showed, the other two had to worry about her (maybe something bad happened etc) and it's just a dick move in general (I understand that sometimes plans change, but inform me before I spend time waiting for you to show up).

While Scootaloo is at fault of causing the problem, Sweetie Belle is also at fault for taking this way too seriously. Yes, her plans were ruined and she is right to be upset, but it's not like anybody died. They could have just done at least some of the fun activities with just the two of them. No need to tear the friendship apart over one screwup.

So yeah, I'd pick Applebloom's side. 

• Brohoof 2

Uh, a restraining order? Are they still fillies at this point, or is this after the S9 finale? 

I can see how the rest would happen, but I don't think Ponyville has a court, or a judge. I don't think we even saw police officer ponies in the entire series. 

But yes, I can totally see how the party planning could happen. I could see how Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle could get into a disagreement. I can see Applebloom getting dragged into things. 

...but only if no one talks to each other. As soon as they actually start talking, this whole thing would be wrapped up pretty quickly. Scootaloo tells the situation, and Sweetie Belle, though unhappy with her big day plans not working, understands. 

By the way, didn't something kinda like that actually happen in an episode? I know when Scootaloo's parents showed up, there was a big thing about how the CMC's needed to stay together and work as a team. Having an in-fight after that, especially to the point where a restraining order happens? I think that part seems a bit far-fetched. I like the main premise of your idea, that they have a disagreement and a small fight, but I think it would be resolved as soon as they start talking. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

I'd pick Applebloom. 

The way I understood the events is that Scootaloo just did not show up, with no warning or explanation and the other two had to go look for her.

While I understand Scootaloo's motive to ditch her friends and instead spend time with her causin, she should have talked it over with them first. Explain the circumstances to Sweetie Belle and then asked for advice or whatever. Maybe it would have been possible to spend some time with the CMCs and some time with her causin. If Sweetie Belle insisted that Scootaloo only spends time with the CMCs, then Sweetie Belle would be the asshole of this story. Since Scootaloo just no-showed, the other two had to worry about her (maybe something bad happened etc) and it's just a dick move in general (I understand that sometimes plans change, but inform me before I spend time waiting for you to show up).

While Scootaloo is at fault of causing the problem, Sweetie Belle is also at fault for taking this way too seriously. Yes, her plans were ruined and she is right to be upset, but it's not like anybody died. They could have just done at least some of the fun activities with just the two of them. No need to tear the friendship apart over one screwup.

So yeah, I'd pick Applebloom's side. 

If you read the thing I said that Scootaloo's cousin showed up at the last second, his visit wasn't planned.

5 hours ago, TheUnknownPhantom5 said:

If you read the thing I said that Scootaloo's cousin showed up at the last second, his visit wasn't planned.

"Hey girls! My causin just showed up, I ave not seen him in 6 years and I really really want to spend time with him. I'll have to skip some of the activities that you have planned for us, Sweetie. I know that you spent a lot of effort to organize all this, try to enjoy it with Applebloom, maybe I'll join you for some of the things. I am sorry that I won't be joining you for today, but I really want to spend time with him and he is only here for today, I do not know when I'll see him again"

I know, Equestria does not have cellphones, but Ponyville seems to be a rather small village/town. Scootaloo could have sacrificed half an hour of spending time with her causin and informed her friends about this instead of just no-showing.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

"Hey girls! My causin just showed up, I ave not seen him in 6 years and I really really want to spend time with him. I'll have to skip some of the activities that you have planned for us, Sweetie. I know that you spent a lot of effort to organize all this, try to enjoy it with Applebloom, maybe I'll join you for some of the things. I am sorry that I won't be joining you for today, but I really want to spend time with him and he is only here for today, I do not know when I'll see him again"

I know, Equestria does not have cellphones, but Ponyville seems to be a rather small village/town. Scootaloo could have sacrificed half an hour of spending time with her causin and informed her friends about this instead of just no-showing.

Can't they just say.... " Oh okay have fun with your cousin" 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Can't they just say.... " Oh okay have fun with your cousin" 

Sure. My point was that Scootaloo should have shown up, apologized, said that she would not be participating and explained the reason why. That would have shown that she cares about her friends and is in a difficult situation.

Instead she just no-showed. One, that most likely caused Applebloom and Sweetie Belle to wait for her longer than normal (thinking maybe she's just late), then when they figured out that she's not coming, they had to go look for her, maybe even thinking that something bad happened. 

I dislike no-shows. If you can't come or whatever, just tell me instead of making me pontlessly wait for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on how late the person usually is) before I call you and ask where you are. I could have done something else in that time instead of sitting and thinking "he's going to be here any time now" It's just common courtesy. Even if the situation changed at the last minute. Even if you are just going to be really late instead of not coming at all.

It's worse if there are more people involved, for example at a party. Everyone's sitting at the table waiting for the last person for a while and then it turns out that person is not coming and everyone else could have started eating a while ago.

• Brohoof 1

You lost me at “restraining order”. Is this supposed to be a joke-fic? Because if it’s not, then that plot point is a bit ridiculously over the top.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

Sure. My point was that Scootaloo should have shown up, apologized, said that she would not be participating and explained the reason why. That would have shown that she cares about her friends and is in a difficult situation.

Instead she just no-showed. One, that most likely caused Applebloom and Sweetie Belle to wait for her longer than normal (thinking maybe she's just late), then when they figured out that she's not coming, they had to go look for her, maybe even thinking that something bad happened. 

I dislike no-shows. If you can't come or whatever, just tell me instead of making me pontlessly wait for 30 minutes to an hour (depending on how late the person usually is) before I call you and ask where you are. I could have done something else in that time instead of sitting and thinking "he's going to be here any time now" It's just common courtesy. Even if the situation changed at the last minute. Even if you are just going to be really late instead of not coming at all.

It's worse if there are more people involved, for example at a party. Everyone's sitting at the table waiting for the last person for a while and then it turns out that person is not coming and everyone else could have started eating a while ago.

Hehe I have friends who has done worse... And we just shrug it off...... Hmmmm... Sure why not I guess?

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

Hehe I have friends who has done worse... And we just shrug it off...... Hmmmm... Sure why not I guess?

If the person always does this, I can acommodate it (though I would still complain about it to him), basically by not waiting, "it's the agreed time, he's not here, OK let's go it's his own fault".

IMO, in this story Sweetie Belle overreacted, but she's kind-of right - Scootaloo did ditch her friends with no contact or explanation.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

If the person always does this, I can acommodate it (though I would still complain about it to him), basically by not waiting, "it's the agreed time, he's not here, OK let's go it's his own fault".

IMO, in this story Sweetie Belle overreacted, but she's kind-of right - Scootaloo did ditch her friends with no contact or explanation.

Oh definitely that person will get it's just rewards for being late or  a no show muhehehehe... That's what friends do

59 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Oh definitely that person will get it's just rewards for being late or  a no show muhehehehe... That's what friends do

Yeah. Still, IMO both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are wrong, but Scootaloo is a bit more wrong. I get that her once in 6 years causin is there, but she was screwing up some detailed plans and putting Sweetie's effort to waste - the least she should have done is to apologize and inform her friends about this before making them wait for her.

30 minutes ago, TheUnknownPhantom5 said:

Hey everyone here's an idea. It's my fanfic I can do whatever I want!

Yeah, but you asked for our opinion. You are free to disregard it of course.

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, I'm making another part to the whole CMC feud post I made a few days ago. For this I'm giving some two other options for the reason for the feud. Now here's some facts about it. The feud takes place in Season 7. Specifically after the Episode Secrets, and Pies with a series of origninal episodes titled Feud, The Day Will Come When You Won't Be, Stress, Say Yes, What We Become, and Apple Bloom, and it ends in the episode Surf and or Turf.

Now I have three ideas for what causes the feud (Note I'm calling it the CMC feud as a working title even though the fight is mainly between Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo)

Now if you want to see the orignial idea I had then click here 

Opition two is Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo have a disagrement over a cutie mark problem with Belle wanting to do one plan, and Scoots wanting to do a different one.

Option three is similar to the orignial idea I had planned with Sweetie Belle planning a special day for the Crusaders and Scootaloo not showing up, but the differance is the reason why, you see in option 3 the reason why Scootaloo doesn't show up is because one of her family memebers dies, and she was at the funeral.

So please choose which option you think is the best, and please explain why you picked the option you picked, and why the other two are bad in your opinion.

1 hour ago, TheUnknownPhantom5 said:

Opition two is Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo have a disagrement over a cutie mark problem with Belle wanting to do one plan, and Scoots wanting to do a different one.

Option three is similar to the orignial idea I had planned with Sweetie Belle planning a special day for the Crusaders and Scootaloo not showing up, but the differance is the reason why, you see in option 3 the reason why Scootaloo doesn't show up is because one of her family memebers dies, and she was at the funeral.

Option two IMO makes Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo equally at fault, unless one of them had a really bad idea and tried to push it 

Option three is similar to the original. Funerals do not happen in an instant. Even if that other person died suddenly, it takes some time to organize the funeral, the wake lasts a few days etc. It is completely understandable that Scootaloo would be in no mood for fun with her friends. However, she still should have informed them about this (maybe the other two CMCs would have also wanted to go to the funeral). However, in this version Sweetie Belle is more at fault because she should have considered that Scootaloo may have been in no mood to go anywhere and so preoccupied with the death that she just forgot to tell them.

Still, I don't think I would pick either side.

20 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Option two IMO makes Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo equally at fault, unless one of them had a really bad idea and tried to push it 

Option three is similar to the original. Funerals do not happen in an instant. Even if that other person died suddenly, it takes some time to organize the funeral, the wake lasts a few days etc. It is completely understandable that Scootaloo would be in no mood for fun with her friends. However, she still should have informed them about this (maybe the other two CMCs would have also wanted to go to the funeral). However, in this version Sweetie Belle is more at fault because she should have considered that Scootaloo may have been in no mood to go anywhere and so preoccupied with the death that she just forgot to tell them.

Still, I don't think I would pick either side.

That really just makes me wonder how Sweetie Belle didn't find out. Funerals usually aren't secrets; they're usually public knowledge. And as for the big day, it would take either some serious ignoring/ignorance or some serious arrogance for Sweetie Belle to say Scootaloo should attend SB's big day instead of going to a funeral. 

If Sweetie Belle was so arrogant as to expect Scootaloo to choose party over funeral, heck yeah I'd side with Scootaloo. If Sweetie Belle just, somehow, didn't find out or was distracted when Scootaloo tried telling her about the funeral, it's like I said before; this whole problem goes away as soon as they actually start talking with each other. 

22 hours ago, TheUnknownPhantom5 said:

So please choose which option you think is the best, and please explain why you picked the option you picked, and why the other two are bad in your opinion.

I think the cutie mark idea is the best out of the three. After all, that's their thing. I can see how they could have differing opinions about how to "help" somepony get his/her cutie mark. For example, let's say they come across somepony who is multi-talented. (I don't think we saw that in the show; everypony tended to specialize in something.) Let's say that the somepony they find has a talent for stunts, AND a talent for singing. 

Let's also say this somepony was "discovered" by Scoot and Belle at different times of the day. (Scoot sees him/her do a stunt on the way to school, and Belle sees him/her singing on the way home.) When the CMCs meet in the clubhouse after school, both Scoot and Belle are hyper excited about getting the opportunity to "help" this new student get his/her cutie mark. But since they're both excited, and since they each saw the new student doing a different thing, they each have different ideas for how they should proceed. Scoot sees a potential new stuntpony (Pony Hawk) and Belle sees the next pop idol or something. 

As for how/why Applebloom doesn't have an idea of her own, we could just say she ate some bad cabbage or something, so she had to stay home that day. She's feeling better in the afternoon; well enough to attend the CMC meeting on her own family farm, but she missed school, so she hasn't yet seen the new student. 

As for the funeral idea, see my other reply, please. 

23 minutes ago, DJSuits said:

I think the cutie mark idea is the best out of the three. After all, that's their thing. I can see how they could have differing opinions about how to "help" somepony get his/her cutie mark. For example, let's say they come across somepony who is multi-talented. (I don't think we saw that in the show; everypony tended to specialize in something.) Let's say that the somepony they find has a talent for stunts, AND a talent for singing. 

Let's also say this somepony was "discovered" by Scoot and Belle at different times of the day. (Scoot sees him/her do a stunt on the way to school, and Belle sees him/her singing on the way home.) When the CMCs meet in the clubhouse after school, both Scoot and Belle are hyper excited about getting the opportunity to "help" this new student get his/her cutie mark. But since they're both excited, and since they each saw the new student doing a different thing, they each have different ideas for how they should proceed. Scoot sees a potential new stuntpony (Pony Hawk) and Belle sees the next pop idol or something. 

As for how/why Applebloom doesn't have an idea of her own, we could just say she ate some bad cabbage or something, so she had to stay home that day. She's feeling better in the afternoon; well enough to attend the CMC meeting on her own family farm, but she missed school, so she hasn't yet seen the new student. 

As for the funeral idea, see my other reply, please. 

The Cutie Mark Problem seems like it would be a one episode problem. I want this feud to last for mutiple episodes. So after careful consideration I'm going with my original plan.