open Cultures Unite (1x1 with GeneralDirection)

Samurai Equine

@GeneralDirection

"A two song concert. Not the usual flare for a music concert, but perhaps it's for the best. I'll bet little Charlotte-hime is all tuckered out by now." Fukami says. "I hope the guest house is big enough for two." Samurai says, following Silver's lead. "If not, I can always sleep in the clouds. I've done it before."

@Samurai Oni

Silver stifles a laugh at Fukami’s comment. “Umm…”

“What, me? Tired? No way!” Charlotte exclaims, bouncing in place. “I have tons of energy! I also didn’t have to fight some crazy possessed monster earlier today, so that helps!” She giggled. “You guys are free to do whatever you want, and the guest house has enough room for both of you, don’t worry! It’s right next door to our place. I’ll be trying to settle down and do more art, as I usually do.”

“Honestly, that sounds like a good idea, sis.” Silver agreed. “I think I’ll be doing the same too, that’ll give our samurai friends a chance to get some much-needed rest.”

@GeneralDirection

"I could easily stay up as long as any of you. No need to worry about me." Samurai says confidently.
Fukami turns to Ayla. "You know, your style of music is really festinating. We can play just about any genre of music, but Ryugane really loves that style. Sometimes Denki too, when he's all frayed that is. Those are fellow samurai who protect different parts of Japone."

@Samurai Oni

“Ah, ok then.” Silver replies. “Well, was there anything you wanted to see or do while we’re still here?” He asked both of the samurai.

Ayla smiled at Fukami’s words. “Thank you! I’m glad you like it. Maybe we can meet Ryugane and Denki while we’re back in Japone.”

“Plus all your other friends, too!” Charlotte chimed in.

@Samurai Oni

Silver looks to the others and shrugs. “I don’t think there’s anything we had in mind, I believe you’ve more or less seen everything there is to see here. You and Fukami are free to do as you wish for the rest of the night. Charlotte and I are going to head home and do some drawing until bed. You should find that the guest house is well-stocked with food from the gardens you saw earlier, so feel free to eat as much as you want. Perhaps we should all meet at the blacksmith in the morning, how does that sound?” He asks.

Ayla and Charlotte nod in agreement.

@GeneralDirection

The two warriors nod in agreement and follow Silver and the rest.
After being lead to the guest house, the two of them thank Silver for everything and wish everyone a Goodnight. It really is big enough for two.

Tomorrow will bring a new day.

(Sorry. Wasn't really sure what else to reply with.)

@Samurai Oni

(No problem, was just wanting to move time forward.)

Silver wakes up, happy to not have had some strange dream troubling him this time. He stretches a bit and grabs his saddlebag before leaving his room. Downstairs, Charlotte is already making breakfast, some pancakes, eggs, and toast.

“Tastes wonderful as always, sis!” He exclaims as he grabs a plate of food and digs in.

“Thanks!” She says with a smile. “I made extra for our samurai friends, could you go let them know that they’re invited?” She asked.

“Sure thing!” He agreed before heading out the door. A short trot down the path would bring him to the front door of the guest house. He knocked on the door and waited for one of his friends to answer.

@GeneralDirection

The guest house door opens to show Fukami, who has a towel wrapped around his neck. "Ohayo, Silver-san! You look energetic this morning. I just finished getting cleaned and ready for the day. Have you had breakfast yet?" Fukami begins, inviting Silver inside if he wants. "Samurai isn't here. He woke up before me to go on an early-morning nature run before breakfast, but he'll be back any--"

Fukami is cut off when he hears the sounds of approaching hoofsetps. "Ah! There he is! Samurai-san, did you enjoy your run?" Fukami asks. However, Samurai looks a little panicked. He waves his hooves, inviting his friends to listen closely. And yet, when he talks, not a sound comes out. "Eh?" Fukami says, a little dumbfounded.

@Samurai Oni

“Well, actually, Charlotte decided to make breakfast this morning, and we wanted to invite you both over.” Silver announced, walking inside the guest house. “Morning, Samurai!” He greeted cheerfully, but his cheerfulness soon turned to concern as he too noticed that his friend was trying to talk, but he wasn’t making any noise when he did so. “Uhh, are you ok, my friend?” He asks Samurai.

@GeneralDirection

Samurai starts making gestures with his hoof, still trying to talk and not succeeding. "Is this really the best time for charades?" Fukami asks. Samurai makes a number of gestures. He points to the forest, he does a walking gesture, he points the ground and makes a wavy gesture, he pretends to have a drink, and finally he points back to himself and his sudden inability to talk. "...I'll be honest, I was never very good at this game. What do you think, Silver-san?"

@Samurai Oni

At first, Silver is just as confused as Fukami is, until a thought hits him. “Oh, wait a minute. Samurai, you didn’t drink from the Stream of Silence, did you?” He asks, though based on Samurai’s actions, he was pretty certain of what had happened. “You wouldn’t know what that is because I never told either of your about it. For that, I’m sorry. The thought never crossed my mind.” He admits with a sigh.

@GeneralDirection

Samurai goes wide-eyed with wonder. "You're right, Silver-san. I've never heard of that before. And based on Samurai's surprised expression, I'd say even he didn't know. But if there is some kind of magical stream that can take away your voice, is there a way to undo it?" Fukami asks.

@Samurai Oni

Silver nods his head, perking up a bit. “Yes, we had this issue some time ago. Thankfully, somepony found a cure, and we made sure to stash plenty of away in case this happened again. We have some back at our house, so when you’re ready, we can head over there. Also, Samurai, I don’t believe you heard my offer earlier, but Charlotte has made breakfast and we wanted to invite you both over. It’s totally up to you, you can stay and eat with us, or do your own thing after we get you the cure.” He suggests.

@Samurai Oni

Silver smiles and returns the hug. “Yes, it won’t take very long, we’re pretty close to the guest house.”

Since their house was just a few houses down the path from the guest house, the three friends would get there in no time. Silver used his magic to open the front door and led them into the kitchen where Charlotte had just finished putting breakfast out on the table.

“Please, take a seat, my friends.” He says to the two unicorns. “I will be back with the cure in a moment.”

“Hey guys!” Charlotte greeted happily. “Glad you decided to come have breakfast with us! I’ve made pancakes, eggs, and toast.” She smiled as she sat down and helped herself to the food that had been placed in the middle of the table. “Did you both sleep well?” She asked.

@GeneralDirection

The two ponies follow their kirin friend. Charlotte would now get to see Fukami au naturale just like Samurai since he decided not to wear his traditional Japonies outfit today. They take their seats at the table. Samurai happily tries to answer Charlotte, but that ain't happening. Shame. "Yes we did, thank you for asking, Charlotte-hime. Hope you did too. And don't worry about Samurai, he just drank from the forbidden stream and now he needs a cure." Fukami covers for Samurai right away.

@Samurai Oni

“Oh.” Charlotte blinks in surprise. “I’m so sorry, we should have told you! I just forgot in all the excitement of having guests and with everything that happened today.” She admits with an unhappy expression. “At least we have a cure…”

As she says this, Silver comes back into the kitchen and joins them at the table. He then places a small bowl in front of Samurai with his magic.

“Eat this.” He instructed Samurai. “It’s crushed dried petals from the foal’s breath flower. You’ll be back to talking in no time.” He says with a smile.

@GeneralDirection

Samurai is about to try and respond, but a bowl is placed in front of him. He begins to eat, doesn't quite like the flavor, but finished the bowl regardless. Then he looks around, waiting for something to happen.

Fukami leans in, curious. "...Well, Samurai? Did it work?" Fukami asks.

Samurai coughs and clears his throat. "Ichi, ni, san, shi~ Swingin', swingin' nippone forever! Kikkake wa omae no egao. Furueruzo haato! Moetsukiru hodo hiito! Utsumukazu ni ikiru tame ni. 🎵 ...YATTA! My voice is restored!" Samurai tests himself, opens up with a song of some kind, and then happily celebrates the return of his voice.

@Samurai Oni

Both Charlotte and Silver clop their hooves in excitement.

“Yay! I have no idea what you’re singing but you sound happy, so I’ll take it as a win.” Charlotte says with a giggle.  

“This happens every now and then. Because we don’t get visitors often, we tend to forget about it, as the rest of us know to avoid that stream.” Silver explains. "I really should make a bit of a display in the museum about it so that guests can learn about it without myself or somepony else having to tell them. But for now, please dig in and enjoy breakfast, my friends!” He says before helping himself to some food.

@Samurai Oni

Charlotte blinks. “Oh, I’ve never learned a new language before. Sounds like it’d be really hard. I’m not much of an academic, it’d probably take me a long time to master it.”

“Sorry, I thought I mentioned what we were having earlier.” Silver says to Fukami. “My sister made us pancakes, eggs, and toast. All locally grown ingredients, of course. It’s a pretty normal breakfast for us, but it’s good and filling, and that’s what’s important.”

@Samurai Oni

Silver shook his head. “Not at all, my friend. Us kirin are a patient and kind bunch. There’s no doubt in my mind that it took him a while to forge that tool for you, so if anything, he probably appreciated having the extra time. Don’t worry, take your time, and enjoy your meal.”

“So, why don’t you two tell us about the lands you rule over and stuff?” Charlotte asked curiously. “Well, I guess my brother already knows, but I don’t yet!”

@GeneralDirection

Samurai nods and does so.

"We aren't rulers. We're soldiers, and we protect different parts of Japone. But we can join forces, when it's necessary." Fukami says. "There are 8 major regions. I protect the Kanto region. Ryugane protects Chugoku. Denki protects Tohoku. Asahi protects Hokkaido." Samurai begins. "That's right. Meanwhile, I protect Shukoku, which barely needs protecting. Gotaro protects Chubu. Mizuko protects Kyushu. And lastly, the Kansai reason is protected not by samurai warriors like us, but by the shogunate." Fukami goes on to explain. "...If a samurai is like a soldier or a knight, then consider a shogun like a high ranking general. They are 2nd only to the ruler of Japone, the Empress." Samurai explains even further.