Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lonstecation

As we all know, Pinkie Pie is the pony with the most cartoonish behavior in Equestria. We all know that she can bounce up and down, sometimes in a ball shape, she can break into pieces, she can make balloons and stuff appear out of nowhere, her tail shakes whenever something is about to fall from the sky, and her mane becomes straight whenever she is sad. But why is that?

1915072726_PinkiePiebreakingintopieces.thumb.jpg.2432966379886d6095804757829aac39.jpg

1738243321_PinkiePiepuffingup.png.d3bf03def9c10f4b618111e9ad52040f.png

Some of us might say: "She’s just Pinkie Pie. She can do whatever she wants. She doesn’t need no stinkin’ logic." Well yes, it appears that Pinkie is the only one who can do all those crazy stuff. However, what if I told you that this is actually not true?

In the episode The Gift of Maud Pie, there is a scene in which Rarity imitates Pinkie Pie: she starts talking faster, jumping up and down, and then she becomes like a ball and bounces around. This means Pinkie Pie isn’t the only one who can do all those crazy stuff. Rarity can too. And I am pretty sure all other ponies in Equestria can do the same.

2055354014_RarityimitatingPinkiePie.gif.33d6263a62a854d3257119ff497af9a4.gif

The big question is: how is that possible? And this is where my headcanon comes into place.

We all know that there is magic in Equestria. Basically, Equestria is a land that stays alive thanks to its physics and its magic. And every creature in Equestria has their own magic: draconequi have chaotic magic, changelings have shapeshifting magic, centaurs have the magic absorbing feature, and of course, ponies have their own magic too. Earth ponies have strength magic, unicorns have horn magic, and pegasi have flight magic.

However, who said that horn magic, strength and flight is the only magic a pony can have? Nopony said that there isn’t room for more magic.

Basically, my explanation about Pinkie’s cartoonish behavior is magic. She is an earth pony, so she has earth pony strength, but she also has cartoonish magic, which allows her to break into pieces, bounce around etc. However, this only explains how does Pinkie’s behavior work. That doesn’t explain how come that Rarity and other ponies can do the same.

Well, what if Pinkie isn’t the only pony in Equestria who has cartoonish magic? What if everypony in Equestria has cartoonish magic? Sure, that explains how can Rarity imitate Pinkie like that, but that doesn’t explain how come that we haven’t seen anypony else act just like Pinkie Pie.

Simple explanation: ponies have the cartoonish magic, but they just don’t use it. You see, when you have something, you don’t need to keep using that thing every second of your life to show that you have it. In this case, ponies don’t need to use their cartoonish magic to show that they have it. They can keep it with them, just not use it.

But that would lead into other questions: if everypony has cartoonish magic and they can use it whenever they want, how come that we have only seen Pinkie Pie use it so often on camera? Why don’t other ponies use it too? Wouldn’t it make their life easier?

Well, here comes another logical explanation for this headcanon: maybe this cartoonish magic needs something that triggers it – something only Pinkie has, and something Rarity had when she did that demonstration.

So, what makes Pinkie Pie so special? To answer this question, we don’t need to go too deep into Pinkie’s abilities. The simple answer to this question is just one word: knowledge.

You see, a pony does have their own unique abilities. But this is not something easy to work with. A pony also has their own information in their brain, or better said, their own knowledge. This means although everypony in Equestria has cartoonish abilities, Pinkie is the only pony who knows how to trigger them and use them properly. Rarity also has cartoonish abilities, just like everypony else, however she doesn’t know how to show them off and use them properly.

Or perhaps Pinkie is the only pony who uses her cartoonish behavior on camera because that’s just her personality? Well, that works too! Pinkie’s hyper personality might be what triggered her hyper behavior. When her hyper behavior was triggered, it has been manifested through cartoonish magic. Yeah, that works too, and it makes more sense! Because when Rarity imitated Pinkie, she had to switch from her fancy behavior to a hyper behavior. This hyper behavior is what gave Rarity cartoonish abilities. And since Pinkie is the only hyper pony that we see so often, this explains why other ponies that aren’t so hyperactive don’t show off the same cartoonish abilities.

Now, it’s time to test this theory. To begin with, is there another hyperactive pony in Equestria? Well yes, there is: Cheese Sandwich! And this pony has cartoonish behavior, just like Pinkie Pie!

In conclusion, Pinkie Pie’s cartoonish behavior is triggered by cartoonish magic, which is something everypony in Equestria has, but only ponies that have the same personality as Pinkie Pie can trigger this magic. Basically, that’s my theory.

What do you, guys, think? Do you have another theory, or do you agree with mine? Is there something you disagree with? Something that I got wrong? Something you didn’t understand? Say anything you have to say!

928462766_PinkiePie.png.0b149e02d5a4dd5afcdb1a9db2cff7cc.png

Edited by LCpony417
  • Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, LCpony417 said:

As we all know, Pinkie Pie is the pony with the most cartoonish behavior in Equestria. We all know that she can bounce up and down, sometimes in a ball shape, she can break into pieces, she can make balloons and stuff appear out of nowhere, her tail shakes whenever something is about to fall from the sky, and her mane becomes straight whenever she is sad. But why is that?

1915072726_PinkiePiebreakingintopieces.thumb.jpg.2432966379886d6095804757829aac39.jpg

1738243321_PinkiePiepuffingup.png.d3bf03def9c10f4b618111e9ad52040f.png

Some of us might just say: "She’s just Pinkie Pie. She can do whatever she wants. She doesn’t need no stinkin’ logic." Well yes, it appears that Pinkie is the only one who can do all those crazy stuff. However, what if I told you that this is actually not true?

In the episode The Gift of the Maud Pie, there is a scene in which Rarity imitates Pinkie Pie: she starts talking faster, jumping up and down, and then she becomes like a ball and bounces around. This means Pinkie Pie isn’t the only one who can do all those crazy stuff. Rarity can too. And I am pretty sure all other ponies in Equestria can do the same.

2055354014_RarityimitatingPinkiePie.gif.33d6263a62a854d3257119ff497af9a4.gif

The big question is: how is that possible? And this is where my headcanon comes into place.

We all know that there is magic in Equestria. Basically, Equestria is a land that stays alive thanks to its physics and its magic. And every creature in Equestria has their own magic: draconequusi have chaotic magic, changelings have shapeshifting magic, centaurs have the magic absorbing feature, and of course, ponies have their own magic too. Earth ponies have strength magic, unicorns have horn magic, and pegasi have flight magic.

However, who said that horn magic, strength and flight is the only magic a pony can have? Nopony said that there isn’t room for more magic.

Basically, my explanation about Pinkie’s cartoonish behavior is magic. She is an earth pony, so she has earth pony strength, but she also has cartoonish magic, which allows her to break into pieces, bounce around etc. However, this only explains how does Pinkie’s behavior work. That doesn’t explain how come that Rarity and other ponies can do the same.

Well, what if Pinkie isn’t the only pony in Equestria who has cartoonish magic? What if everypony in Equestria has cartoonish magic? Sure, that explains how can Rarity imitate Pinkie like that, but that doesn’t explain how come that we haven’t seen anypony else act just like Pinkie Pie.

Simple explanation: ponies have the cartoonish magic, but they just don’t use it. You see, when you have something, you don’t need to keep using that thing every second of your life to show that you have it. In this case, ponies don’t need to use their cartoonish magic to show that they have it. They can keep it with them, just not use it.

But that would lead into other questions: if everypony has cartoonish magic and they can use it whenever they want, how come that we have only seen Pinkie Pie use it so often on camera? Why don’t other ponies use it too? Wouldn’t it make their life easier?

Well, here comes another logical explanation for this headcanon: maybe this cartoonish magic needs something that triggers it – something only Pinkie has, and something Rarity had when she did that demonstration.

So, what makes Pinkie Pie so special? To answer this question, we don’t need to go too deep into Pinkie’s abilities. The simple answer to this question is just one word: knowledge.

You see, a pony does have their own unique abilities. But this is not something easy to work with. A pony also has their own information in their brain, or better said, their own knowledge. This means although everypony in Equestria has cartoonish abilities, Pinkie is the only pony who knows how to trigger them and use them properly. Rarity also has cartoonish abilities, just like everypony else, however she doesn’t know how to show them off and use them properly.

Or perhaps Pinkie is the only pony who uses her cartoonish behavior on camera because that’s just her personality? Well, that works too! Pinkie’s hyper personality might be what triggered her hyper behavior. When her hyper behavior was triggered, it has been manifested through cartoonish magic. Yeah, that works too, and it makes more sense! Because when Rarity imitated Pinkie, she had to switch from her fancy behavior to a hyper behavior. This hyper behavior is what gave Rarity cartoonish abilities. And since Pinkie is the only hyper pony that we see so often, this explains why other ponies that aren’t so hyperactive don’t show off the same cartoonish abilities.

Now, it’s time to test this theory. To begin with, is there another hyperactive pony in Equestria? Well yes, there is: Cheese Sandwich! And this pony has cartoonish behavior, just like Pinkie Pie!

In conclusion, Pinkie Pie’s cartoonish behavior is triggered by cartoonish magic, which is something everypony in Equestria has, but only ponies that have the same personality as Pinkie Pie can trigger this magic. Basically, that’s my theory.

What do you, guys, think? Do you have another theory, or do you agree with mine? Is there something you disagree with? Something that I got wrong? Something you didn’t understand? Say anything you have to say!

928462766_PinkiePie.png.0b149e02d5a4dd5afcdb1a9db2cff7cc.png

Wow, this is a really cool theory, I never thought of it like this!

I like where you're going with this- perhaps it's another example of how all ponies are magic (duh), and earth ponies can have different enhanced abilities; the most obvious of course being strength, and this could be, too. This would mean that unicorns and pegasi would have those plus magic/flight, yeah?

Perhaps, then, this could be a defense mechanism- to avoid injury, this "rubber hose" magic would let them do so? 

If this could be a form of earth pony magic, then it really expands what could be something an earth pony could do, too! I feel like G5 expands on this a lot more, but g4 not so much, so

Although it's just Animation Being Animation in reality, I really like this! It's fun and I'd like to see it used in fan stuff :P

I liked the theory that she has some type of inherent chaos magic because of when she touches Grogars bell in the future, this somehow impacted her personality/"magical abilities throughout their entire timeline, yeah the body twitches and tail fluttering might be considered "cartoonish" but being psychic is a talent that I believe transcends "being cartoony", she has unnatural speed, she defies physics and does other things that you would definitely consider "cartoony" especially considering the fact we are talking about a character from a cartoon, but I think it's mostly about having a character that represents elements of slapstick comedy bc a lot of the things she says is VERY simple... A lot of the things she does don't make any sense, but Pinkie seemingly "KNEW" what parasprites were when even thousands of years old Princess Celestia didn't know what they were, she seemed to know EXACTLY what Twilight was talking about when she was attempting to use a magic book and some make shift supplies to build a portal to another world.. Pinkie isn't "dumb" she just doesn't prioritize "common sense" she defies it actually, she doesn't live bound to the same laws of physics as other ponies, bc she doesn't acknowledge herself having these limits, it's how she can trot off to "presumably" to some random town to get supplies for a scrapbook while with the apples that are in the middle of nowhere. Also Pinkie is definitely an Apple, the beginning of Pinkie Apple Pie, and the end, they even have some visual similarities between Goldy and Pinkie. I don't think Rarity has special unknown talents but you never know, I believe she restricts herself bc of her couth and her personal convictions that lead her to be more of a "canterlot personality", seeing as in small towns like Ponyville, nopony actually wears clothing but the Mayor. How could she have such a thriving career in a community where nopony where's clothes? I mean Rarity when possessed/manipulated by Discords magic is seen lugging around a boulder for the better half of the two parter, she has the capabilities, obviously she's been keeping up with Pinkie Pie and Applejack and Rainbow Dash all these years anytime there is a conflict.. so in theory maybe Rarity knows the "art of being ridiculous" and merely holds herself back, because of how seriously she takes her self image. She's made a lot of big concessions putting her reputation/public perception on the line, it's just maybe this "cartoony magic" is kind of useless? I mean aside from Pinkie posing as Mare Do Well and saving a bunch of construction workers, and tricking Trixie into thinking it's some kind of secret magic that lets her play 10 instruments, but going with your theory, who's to say it isn't some kind of magic? But in their reality none of these things help shoot rainbow lasers at evil baddies lol

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Cherrychip said:

Wow, this is a really cool theory, I never thought of it like this!

I like where you're going with this- perhaps it's another example of how all ponies are magic (duh), and earth ponies can have different enhanced abilities; the most obvious of course being strength, and this could be, too. This would mean that unicorns and pegasi would have those plus magic/flight, yeah?

Perhaps, then, this could be a defense mechanism- to avoid injury, this "rubber hose" magic would let them do so? 

If this could be a form of earth pony magic, then it really expands what could be something an earth pony could do, too! I feel like G5 expands on this a lot more, but g4 not so much, so

Although it's just Animation Being Animation in reality, I really like this! It's fun and I'd like to see it used in fan stuff :P

Thanks for the opinion! But what I meant to say isn't that only earth ponies have cartoonish magic. I was talking about all types of ponies. In fact, Rarity is a unicorn, not an earth pony, which means earth ponies aren't the only ponies open to this.

BTW I was thinking that other abilities ponies have, like singing for exemple, also work with Equestrian magic. But here, I only talked about Pinkie Pie's cartoonish abilities being powered by magic. So, yeah!

Thanks for the response BTW.

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

I liked the theory that she has some type of inherent chaos magic because of when she touches Grogars bell in the future, this somehow impacted her personality/"magical abilities throughout their entire timeline, yeah the body twitches and tail fluttering might be considered "cartoonish" but being psychic is a talent that I believe transcends "being cartoony", she has unnatural speed, she defies physics and does other things that you would definitely consider "cartoony" especially considering the fact we are talking about a character from a cartoon, but I think it's mostly about having a character that represents elements of slapstick comedy bc a lot of the things she says is VERY simple... A lot of the things she does don't make any sense, but Pinkie seemingly "KNEW" what parasprites were when even thousands of years old Princess Celestia didn't know what they were, she seemed to know EXACTLY what Twilight was talking about when she was attempting to use a magic book and some make shift supplies to build a portal to another world.. Pinkie isn't "dumb" she just doesn't prioritize "common sense" she defies it actually, she doesn't live bound to the same laws of physics as other ponies, bc she doesn't acknowledge herself having these limits, it's how she can trot off to "presumably" to some random town to get supplies for a scrapbook while with the apples that are in the middle of nowhere. Also Pinkie is definitely an Apple, the beginning of Pinkie Apple Pie, and the end, they even have some visual similarities between Goldy and Pinkie. I don't think Rarity has special unknown talents but you never know, I believe she restricts herself bc of her couth and her personal convictions that lead her to be more of a "canterlot personality", seeing as in small towns like Ponyville, nopony actually wears clothing but the Mayor. How could she have such a thriving career in a community where nopony where's clothes? I mean Rarity when possessed/manipulated by Discords magic is seen lugging around a boulder for the better half of the two parter, she has the capabilities, obviously she's been keeping up with Pinkie Pie and Applejack and Rainbow Dash all these years anytime there is a conflict.. so in theory maybe Rarity knows the "art of being ridiculous" and merely holds herself back, because of how seriously she takes her self image. She's made a lot of big concessions putting her reputation/public perception on the line, it's just maybe this "cartoony magic" is kind of useless? I mean aside from Pinkie posing as Mare Do Well and saving a bunch of construction workers, and tricking Trixie into thinking it's some kind of secret magic that lets her play 10 instruments, but going with your theory, who's to say it isn't some kind of magic? But in their reality none of these things help shoot rainbow lasers at evil baddies lol

Very good point! But I like to think that Pinkie knowing about the parasprites and understanding Twilight's explanation about the portal to the human world is just Pinkie's crazy memory, which also has to do with her cartoonish magic. In fact, check this out! According to that, Pinkie Pie has a very interesting memory. She knows everypony in Ponyville and many other things. Basically, Pinkie's unimaginable brain might just be one of her cartoonish manifestations. Also, of course, this cartoonish behavior might just be pointless, because it's mostly used just as a secondary effect to make the show look better, and it has pretty much nothing to do with the story. But still, it needed an explanation. Which is why I needed to point it out.

But I also like your addition to my theory!

• Brohoof 1