Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Laughter, the fool, and Pinkie Pie...

Reiki Knight 13

Here we come to discuss the element of laughter and the silly filly pony who makes us all laugh our human tails off Pi- what you say human beings never had tails?

That's because she IS that good with the laughter. Any way pinkie pie.

Ah yes Pinkie the Archetype we come to know as the Fool.

Now, we tend to think of the fool as pure stupidity only and while certainly the fool is a some strange archetype it does have a profound usage in our daily life.

The fool reminds us to keep a song and dance in our hearts and to not take things too seriously.

In a bit of irony when used correctly the energy of this archetype can even help one obtain cast and powerful wisdom by helping one to disconnect from the struggles of life.

This is one of the key concepts in understanding "nothing" within.

The idea of understanding how you are but a drop of water in the vast ocean of existence and thus the idea that you exist at all as an independent of this ocean is not true.

Hard to really fathom when you attempt to look at it straight on and so this is where element of laughter and the Archetype of the fool can help us to understand it a bit better.

I have with me a little book called "the little Zen companion" which is full of neat little quotes regarding the teaching and understanding of Zen.

I thought it would be helpful to quote a few of the more funny parts of this book to further illustrate my point.

"In The beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few." ~ Shunryu Suzuki

"Before a person studies Zen mountains are mountains and Waters are Waters; after a first glimpse into the truth of zen mountains are no longer mountains and Waters are not Waters; after enlightenment mountains are once again mountains and Waters are once again Waters." (General zen saying)

Various actual famous zen master answers to students asking the question "what is Buddha?"

"3 pounds of flax seed" ~ Tung-shan

"Dried s*** stick." ~Yun-men

"This very mind" Ma-Tsu

"Not mind, not Buddha" Ma-Tsu

"What is not the Buddha?" ~Nan-yang Hui-chung

"The cat is climbing up the post." ~pa-chiao Hui-ch'ing

"I never knew him." Nan-yang Hui-ch'ing

"Wait until there is one , for then I will tell you." 

Nan-yang Hui-ch'ing

And one last zen saying.

"Knock on the sky and listen to the sound."

I have hundreds and hundreds of pages of all these and more in my book and I'm sure you probably Google search millions more where these came from but I just wished to share a few to get the point across.

This is purpose of the element of laughter to bring about deeper understanding of existence, wisdom of heart and so forth.

At first everything quoted seems like complete and utter nonsense but when you meditate on it and clear your mind you begin to understand what it is they are really getting at.

Also, it serves to prove trolling has been around LONG before we developed the Internet...

Great, we get what laughter and why the fool in general is important finally we can focus on Pi- 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤😪😪😪😪😪😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Huh, wha- I'm awake, I said I'm aw- 😴😴😴😴

Okay, it's time to get snerious and talk about Pinkie Pie.

The pony who brings us laughter and joy in our lives as ponies.

She sees you when your sleeping she knows when you're awake...

Oh sorry that's Santa Clause my bad...

Okay for realzies this time.

Pinkie Pie loves her role as the fool.

She brings laughter and joy to all of hers friends and family throughout Equestria.

Going from party to party and even when she's not attending some major events she's constantly helping the saddened or down hearted find spirit again.

Think of what Twilight was like in the very first episode of MLP:FIM deadly serious, face buried in her books and barely wanting to even socialize beyond the barest of minimal amounts.

Even when her BEST friends at the time tried to get her to go to another friends party she refused, even Spike her own protege couldn't get her to unwind and relax.

She was basically a stick in the mud "by the numbers" pony.

Then she met Pinkie who helped her to understand laughter and put the smile on her face and joy in her heart.

What happened to Twilight when she stopped being so serious and started to actually enjoy her life? She started finding the real answers to the questions of life, her friends started to enjoy being around her more.

She stopped so negative about life and because of that she was eventually able to become the Princess of Friendship.

If she had never met Pinkie none of that would been possible.

You see Twilight had the KNOWLEDGE of a princess well before season one BUT she lacked the WISDOM for it.

If she had never met Pinkie she never would have either. Pinkie gave her a gift she never would have found in all the books in all the universes. 

Some things are understood not on paper but in life itself.

That is the wisdom of Pinkie Pie and the lesson of laughter.

I hope you all enjoyed this.