Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zipp toy reveals new MYM special.

CastletonSnob

"Bridlewoodstock"? This could be a really fun special!

No way can I look at this without thinking of Rainbow Rocks. :Tempest: Zipp is the perfect character from the Mane 5 to make a rock star. It fits her personality well and complements her pop star sister. I would've hoped we'd be getting news about the next batch of MYM episodes as opposed to a special through a toy first, but what the heck. I do quite like the idea of a Rainbow Rocks-style G5 special. 

• Brohoof 1

About the part of the article that speculated about resolving the arc with Opaline and Misty:  I'm not sure G-5 is going to actually do that---not until G-5 has its own finale, that is.

I mean, it feels like Opaline was designed to be an ongoing series-long villain.  There's still that's plenty mysterious about her:  just what is a Fire Alicorn?  How does a Fire Alicorn differ from other types of alicorns?  What other types of alicorns are there, anyway?  Why is Opaline the only one we've seen?  Why does Opaline have these ideas that alicorns should be worshipped and feared by other ponies when (a) the only alicorns we saw in G-4 didn't have that attitude at all, and (b) the kinds of conditions necessary to become an alicorn preclude that kind of evil?

I figure that, if G-5 were paced with the intention of revealing these kinds of answers and resolving these kinds of plots, then we'd have gotten a few answers to these questions, by now.  As it is, we've gotten no answers, so my feeling is that the writers (a) haven't decided on the answers to these questions, themselves, and (b) are intentionally creating a static status-quo universe conducive to episodic adventures, rather than the dynamic story-driven world we got in G-4.

We may never get these answers unless they're planning on a finale for G-5's stories.

• Brohoof 1