Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 cancelled for G4 reboot?

StitchandMLPlover

I sure hope not. If you go through the trouble of making something new - you better stick to it and follow through with it. It'd be a huge let down to see G5 abandoned for a reboot that'd only likely mess up G4. G4 was convoluted as is. Let it rest.

• Brohoof 3

Lol good April fools video.
I've kinda accepted G5 for what it is. I'm not too up to date with it and hasn't interested me enough, but at least satisfied with the direction it's going.
G4 is G4 and nothing should re-boot that series

It's not a stupid idea, it just depends on which direction it would go. To be honest, a reboot could do right what G4 did wrong, let's face it - G4 had its flaws. There's no reason to make it sacred. The scenario we have in G5 would definitely fit better in the G4 dimension. I personally don't like the intertwining of technology and fantasy. At least in this case.

For me, the biggest problem with the G5 is that it just isn't there. I'm not surprised people don't like it and want G4 back if all we have is 8-9 episodes and a movie - for 3-4 years... and the prospect that the new chapter will only bring 6-7 new episodes after a year of waiting. There's still TyT but omg, this is more of an antidote for G4 fans, even though there are a lot of great episode ideas but they are wasted on like 5 minute shorts... It's too short a time to feel the atmosphere of the episode. THIS IS THE WORST. That's why many people call it gags. Also TyT can't overtake MyM too much.

In G5 I also notice that not everyone can find something for themselves there at this moment. G4 had funny Pinkie, confident Dash, smart Twilight, shy Flutter, helpful Applejack or Rarity type...  In G5, the characters are not so different, they do not have such divergent goals etc. I bet you know what I mean. But it's not the characters' fault. They just didn't have enough time. Mane6 would also sound lazy if they only had a few episodes to show off. Check this out - Athlete, Fashion Designer, Animal Caretaker, Farmer and "Student-Teacher"... They had dozens of episodes... and a nice fandom. G5 had little space, so the fandom is also smaller. It feels different when you watch a movie that has one part than a series that lasts 15 years. You relate to the characters differently and they have a different value to you.

It's been so long. I think it's safe to say that the G5 is weak. You can fool yourself and wait for the next chapters, but in truth, see what G4 has done in this time and where G5 is.

A reboot would be a huge risk. A lot of people would be disgusted by the changes to their characters or the world, others would have different expectations of where it would go. It could be suicide. It could be much worse... or better. I think the best decision would be to make a decent G5 series with 3-4 seasons that have 20-30 episodes each. 2D. Don't get me wrong, the 3D animation is great, I really enjoyed the movie and both chapters (except the first one), but if the cost is such a low pulse... then I'd rather have more frequent and well done 2D.

One thing is for sure. Money is important... and as long as there is money in the G5, so will the G5. Certainly, the gains will not be as large as in the previous generation ... so this generation will be shorter. There will always be money, but goals for large corporations are too. I think a lot of the today results are still from the G4. And yeah... it was 1st April. :ButtercupLaugh:

• 2 months later...
On 2023-04-05 at 7:21 PM, nataalya said:

It's not a stupid idea, it just depends on which direction it would go. To be honest, a reboot could do right what G4 did wrong, let's face it - G4 had its flaws. There's no reason to make it sacred. The scenario we have in G5 would definitely fit better in the G4 dimension. I personally don't like the intertwining of technology and fantasy. At least in this case.

For me, the biggest problem with the G5 is that it just isn't there. I'm not surprised people don't like it and want G4 back if all we have is 8-9 episodes and a movie - for 3-4 years... and the prospect that the new chapter will only bring 6-7 new episodes after a year of waiting. There's still TyT but omg, this is more of an antidote for G4 fans, even though there are a lot of great episode ideas but they are wasted on like 5 minute shorts... It's too short a time to feel the atmosphere of the episode. THIS IS THE WORST. That's why many people call it gags. Also TyT can't overtake MyM too much.

In G5 I also notice that not everyone can find something for themselves there at this moment. G4 had funny Pinkie, confident Dash, smart Twilight, shy Flutter, helpful Applejack or Rarity type...  In G5, the characters are not so different, they do not have such divergent goals etc. I bet you know what I mean. But it's not the characters' fault. They just didn't have enough time. Mane6 would also sound lazy if they only had a few episodes to show off. Check this out - Athlete, Fashion Designer, Animal Caretaker, Farmer and "Student-Teacher"... They had dozens of episodes... and a nice fandom. G5 had little space, so the fandom is also smaller. It feels different when you watch a movie that has one part than a series that lasts 15 years. You relate to the characters differently and they have a different value to you.

It's been so long. I think it's safe to say that the G5 is weak. You can fool yourself and wait for the next chapters, but in truth, see what G4 has done in this time and where G5 is.

A reboot would be a huge risk. A lot of people would be disgusted by the changes to their characters or the world, others would have different expectations of where it would go. It could be suicide. It could be much worse... or better. I think the best decision would be to make a decent G5 series with 3-4 seasons that have 20-30 episodes each. 2D. Don't get me wrong, the 3D animation is great, I really enjoyed the movie and both chapters (except the first one), but if the cost is such a low pulse... then I'd rather have more frequent and well done 2D.

One thing is for sure. Money is important... and as long as there is money in the G5, so will the G5. Certainly, the gains will not be as large as in the previous generation ... so this generation will be shorter. There will always be money, but goals for large corporations are too. I think a lot of the today results are still from the G4. And yeah... it was 1st April. :ButtercupLaugh:

Everybody knows G4 has flaws and G5 has even more. If G5 could increase length, slow down and hit more emotional beats it would work much better like the scene where Misty redeems herself. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...