Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Let's Talk 'One Piece' / Enthusiasts Unite

Venomous

Lowkey- that I just came to realize after finally catching up to the manga but still half way through the anime is… I slightly kinda enjoy the live action one piece better. 
IMG_7927.thumb.jpeg.a418f1e6c4b6dd3f1ae9fb535af5f043.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong, the story pacing was a lot better in live action than the anime due to not having  so much of the “extra dreadful drag scenes”  in the anime. Maybe I’m getting too old for this type of anime that drags with nonsense and prefer the pacing to be  “get to the point now” in a anime nowadays.  I also appreciate a more serious tone and more screen time for other side characters for their development beside the trio (Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy) in the live action. Especially not overly sexualizing my girl Nami! Hopefully the live action keeps the same momentum for the season 2. 

• Brohoof 1

TBD! I think it's because a lot of the newer anime are not dragging.  Take for example Demon Slayer, they're just not wasting time and keep it moving, which is actually better for us as we age, lol :) I'm hoping the live action keeps the same momentum going into season 2 as well.  With actors like Jamie Lee Curtis and others possibly jumping in, it should only get better I think :)

• Excited 1

On 2023-10-20 at 8:35 PM, Robert S. S. Gordon said:

TBD! I think it's because a lot of the newer anime are not dragging.  Take for example Demon Slayer, they're just not wasting time and keep it moving, which is actually better for us as we age, lol :) I'm hoping the live action keeps the same momentum going into season 2 as well.  With actors like Jamie Lee Curtis and others possibly jumping in, it should only get better I think :)

That sounds encouraging then if the anime decided to change the pacing because man, it was plainly hard to watch. And I would feel bad skipping and fast forwarding it. That’s why I picked up the manga since it easier to speed read. But I’m more of a anime than a manga reader in general so if the anime itself is getting better with the story pacing than I shall continue! Right now I’m starting Maineford arc.

• 5 weeks later...