Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01: EP65 - Misty Moves In

DivineMist1000

I wonder if Misty moving to the Brighthouse will be covered in MyM (reintroduced of course, to not let the audience of that series confused), I think it's unlikely as the stories of these ltaest episodes are meant to take place after Chapter 6, I think that's a important event so it could be another hint on TyT taking the lead.

So much goodness packed into just four and a half minutes! :izzy-shine: I know Misty episodes are always great, but still. I like how despite how much I like Misty, I still find her torment to make for comedy gold. Funny to see Alphabittle putting marshmallows in tea too, and the ending, like I expected, was highly endearing. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

I know that I may rag on TYT a bit, but this episode? It was perfect, absolutely perfect. I won't lie, it made me tear up a bit when Misty went back to the Brighthouse and thought that the others hated her and then they left behind the projector that showed that Misty really did fit in. I really relate to that. Misty episodes are always the best in TYT and MYM, I've noticed that. Misty and her father having a conversation over tea is excellent. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

Gotta love my favourite NPC Hitch, especially when he cameos even less than an actual supporting character.  Still, this is a solid enough episode for what it's trying to do, and I think it may actually be one of my favourites, further reinforcing that Misty is the most dynamic character of the group. 

The episode is clearly trying to establish an annoying switch for Sunny, though her worst crime is accidentally having her smoothie explode on Misty, and going along with the other fillies in crowding Misty.  I suppose she would need more personality to be as annoying as the others once their annoying switch is flipped, but an attempt was made.  Also, if push comes to shove, it's impossible for any of the others to be more annoying than Izzy, though Pipp sure did her best here.  Actually, Zipp could have been worse, considering previous annoying switch episodes.  Pipp, and especially Izzy were carrying the team on this one. 

Still, here's a prime example of an episode that probably could have been as strong as a decent FiM episode had it not been five minutes, but it does its best with the time it has.