Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There's something about this new generation...

DiscordPerson

It has really big shoes to fit. It's not that bad, just not as good. But I can't put my finger on what exactly si missing. To me, it is the mythological gravitas of the Sisters and of the world.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

G5 wants to benefit from its connections with Friendship is Magic but the showrunners don't want to spend the time on world-building, maintaining a consistent continuity or character development. That said, the most well-developed character is Misty who wasn't even one of the original Mane 5. 

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • Brohoof 1

Worldbuilding seems to be the most apparent, looks like it even affected the soundtrack, as we keep hearing the same leitmotifs over and over again (in MyM it was even more obvious) and the same characters singing, the complete opposite of what it was in FiM to my perception.

It’s the world building. I’m unsure of my stance on G5’s world building honestly. I wanna say FiM had over 9 seasons and almost a decade to build up its world. So, maybe it’s not 100% fair to compare G4’s 9 seasons of lore and world building to G5’s one movie and single seasons of MYM and TYT. Especially when the first season of FiM itself didn’t exactly go super in-depth with the world building and lore when compared to the later seasons.

But you also have other shows that are able to build worlds and lore that blow G5 out of the water in only a single season… So, is it really fair to give G5 that excuse? Am I being biased? Am I overthinking this children’s cartoon? I dunno. At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter I guess.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know I guess my heart is still with G4.  It just seems so weird to move on to new people places and music. I mean, it went from Winter wrap up to that villain song in make your mark. 

• Brohoof 2