Immortality of an Alicorn

TheElementOfCreavity

I was making up some angsty characters and made up an Alicorn who waged war against another Alicorn but lost, she knew that despite her excuses, she would be punished, however, the Male Alicorn she waged war against took it too far. She had killed his brother so he tore off her horn and wings, then began to gaslight her into believing she was now a lowly earth pony(I don’t  actually think earth ponies are lowly), my question is: Would she still be immortal or not?(Reminder: he only tore off her wings and horn, didn’t actually transform her back to normal)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't see any reason why her immortality would be removed, but we're talking about magical (supernatural?) creatures so maybe? We can look at the Constantine movie when the angle Gabriel's wings were torn off and they became mortal. Or we have the television series Lucifer where "Lucy" cut off his own wings and was still immortal. 

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Otaku-sempai said:

I don't see any reason why her immortality would be removed, but we're talking about magical (supernaturel?) creatures so maybe? We can look at the Constantine movie when the angle Gabriel's wings were torn off and they became mortal. Or we have the television series Lucifer where "Lucy" cut off his own wings and was still immortal. 

Ok so, you helped me a lot. I now know she’s still immortal but I’ll make it that she believes she’s a real earth pony due to the mental damage and believes she’ll die with everyone else(Makes it so dramatic since she has a mortal Pegasus lover)

• Brohoof 1

Wait til she finds out she doesn't age as he gets older over the years.

Seriously though, I was gonna say it depends on how you want the loss to work. Though personally I'd imagine she'd still have broken stumps of a horn and wings left, unless that alicorn went far enough as to grind them down too. I'd imagine scars would be left behind though, as it sounds like she suffered a brutal removal, since the alicorn male 'tore' her wings and horn off. She might have magical outbursts too, as you mentioned he hadn't removed the magic, just the horn and wings. She'd likely be able to manipulate clouds too, if she somehow accidentally found that out.

But honestly it's up to you how everything will still work for her.

• Brohoof 1

Come and check out my shop! Hope you'll stop on by!       

10-15-24.MLPForumSigBannerforCommissionShop.png.c84f172a912d6d258d427e499aa187d0.png

3 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Wait til she finds out she doesn't age as he gets older over the years.

Seriously though, I was gonna say it depends on how you want the loss to work. Though personally I'd imagine she'd still have broken stumps of a horn and wings left, unless that alicorn went far enough as to grind them down too. I'd imagine scars would be left behind though, as it sounds like she suffered a brutal removal, since the alicorn male 'tore' her wings and horn off. She might have magical outbursts too, as you mentioned he hadn't removed the magic, just the horn and wings. She'd likely be able to manipulate clouds too, if she somehow accidentally found that out.

But honestly it's up to you how everything will still work for her.

Thanks! I feel like her Pegasus lover would help her along the way as he’s her rock and he’s dedicated to help her get better, he would naturally get hurt in the process but he’s logical and loyal. I suppose some scars would be left over, he did grind down what was left of her horn and tried to tear off her wings without killing her, so there’s two tiny stumps left where the wings used to be

• Brohoof 2

39 minutes ago, TheElementOfCreavity said:

Thanks! I feel like her Pegasus lover would help her along the way as he’s her rock and he’s dedicated to help her get better, he would naturally get hurt in the process but he’s logical and loyal. I suppose some scars would be left over, he did grind down what was left of her horn and tried to tear off her wings without killing her, so there’s two tiny stumps left where the wings used to be

I can only imagine she tries to hide them, not having any idea what they are.

• Brohoof 1

10-15-24.MLPForumSigBannerforCommissionShop.png.c84f172a912d6d258d427e499aa187d0.png

13 minutes ago, TheElementOfCreavity said:

You are so helpful, thank you so much 

You're welcome! Would love to see a picture of the characters eventually!

• Brohoof 2

I think she'd get to stay immortal, just in a weakened state like Luna when she came back from banishment.

23 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

She'd likely be able to manipulate clouds too, if she somehow accidentally found that out.

That's a really good idea,,, and I'm dismayed that I've never explored it. She counld fall from some great height and safely catch herself on a cloud, much to her own and everyone else's surprise.

There was this character concept that I built on from a role play, and it's been so long that I can't remember all of what was who's idea, but there was a nation with a ruling Pegasus class and an enslaved Earth pony Class. The ruler had two daughters but one felt sympathy for the slaves, so she also had her wings torn off and was effectively banished. She would go on to lead a rebellion that wouldn't be successful but cause enough chaos to begin the nation's spiraling descent.

• Brohoof 3

26 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

I think she'd get to stay immortal, just in a weakened state like Luna when she came back from banishment.

That's a really good idea,,, and I'm dismayed that I've never explored it. She counld fall from some great height and safely catch herself on a cloud, much to her own and everyone else's surprise.

There was this character concept that I built on from a role play, and it's been so long that I can't remember all of what was who's idea, but there was a nation with a ruling Pegasus class and an enslaved Earth pony Class. The ruler had two daughters but one felt sympathy for the slaves, so she also had her wings torn off and was effectively banished. She would go on to lead a rebellion that wouldn't be successful but cause enough chaos to begin the nation's spiraling descent.

The concept sounds amazing! My concept was that the Alicorn allowed their selfish desires to blind them

• Brohoof 1

If it's in your own fannon you can sorta do whatever you want. Fan fictions are filled with all sorts of takes on Alicorns. Sometimes they're immortal, sometimes they're just long lives, sometimes they're gods, sometimes they're just magical beings. It should only be limited by your imagination. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Lucky Star 216 said:

If it's in your own fannon you can sorta do whatever you want. Fan fictions are filled with all sorts of takes on Alicorns. Sometimes they're immortal, sometimes they're just long lives, sometimes they're gods, sometimes they're just magical beings. It should only be limited by your imagination. 

All great points and this is what makes fanfics/AUs (alternate universes, if anyone is unsure what AU means) great. I only made those suggestions as it seemed like the OP was wishing to keep it lore accurate to the show.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

All great points and this is what makes fanfics/AUs (alternate universes, if anyone is unsure what AU means) great. I only made those suggestions as it seemed like the OP was wishing to keep it lore accurate to the show.

I, um, wasn't responding to anything you said. I didn't read any of the replies before I made my own. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Star 216 said:

I, um, wasn't responding to anything you said. I didn't read any of the replies before I made my own. 

Ah, sorry about that! I didn't realize.

• Brohoof 1