Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2 sides of bronys!?!

DarX7

I watched the bronycon streams, and was like aww, those people are awsome and friendly.

And saw a lot of nice pictures on Deviantart, and read some nice stories.

But I sadly found the "dark" side of it on google image search (never ever search for ponies with safe search off), and on Fimfic. Eww. how could someone draw/write something like this? How can they do something to such an innocent show ?

I'm terribly shocked, and amazed in the same time.

Whats your opinion on the fanbase ?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Don't like, don't look at. Love and tolerate. Everypony should have the right to write and do things that they enjoy and not be judged unfairly by people who simply don't understand it from their angle, as long as it's not harmful to others.

That's about it :3 The fanbase is awesome, for the most part. Something that sadly cannot be said about many.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 5

Don't love and tolerate, just walk away and forget they even exists Posted Image

There is a dark side for almost everything in this world, this fandom included. Protesting about it won't change anything.

• Brohoof 9

*Sigh*

Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?

Oh wait, if you don't understand something, it is automatically horrible and evil.

• Brohoof 10

What makes people fearful is a lack of understanding...

Actually, that's not entirely true. For me anyway. I love stars, constellations and what-not, but once I found out about all the science to do with space, I found it a lot more frightening. The same with large enclosed spaces, heights, spiders and bugs. The more I learned, the more fearful I became.

But generally, it's the lack of understanding that sends people to be fearful...

• Brohoof 3

I kinda find love&tolerate everything too extreme. You just simply can't do that to everything. And there are certain ethical things going wrong about this fandom, but thats just my opinion that I gathered over the past 3-4 months.

• Brohoof 2

What necessarily makes it unethical and evil?

BECUASMEDX ITS PONIES AND I DONT UNDERSTAND IT AND ITS NOT TO MY TASTE SO NO ONE CAN ENJOY IT!!!@!@!@!@
  • Brohoof 3

I kinda find love&tolerate everything too extreme. You just simply can't do that to everything. And there are certain ethical things going wrong about this fandom, but thats just my opinion that I gathered over the past 3-4 months.

Well, we tent to overprice this motto a bit, but I still follow it. I think that it means that one should love and tolerate people despite their flaws, or things that we think are flaws. You are not encouraged to love clopfics. It is about loving humanity, considering the good parts of people and not letting yourself be blinded by their bad sides.

On topic : Myself, I don't really like either grimdarks or clopfics, but well, they don't hurt me in any way, I can easily avoid them, so I remain calm about them. The thing I would mind would be if someone would put a brutal grimdark picture in their signature. I watched cupcakes by accident, and would not like to be reminded of it :/. But well, I can walk my own path, and I should let the others walk their own. (actually I pretty much think that the last sentence I used can also be applyed to religions, but that's just my opinion.)

• Brohoof 4

Ah, now I can see the situation. I can imagine how seeing seemingly pure and innocent things presented in such a manner could be perceived as VERY startling to someone who may not have seen these things before. Is there anyone who can say, they are not frightened when they see a snake or spider drawing near which may or may not be venomous? You just don't know if that thing wants to kill you or not, if it is violent or anything, you don't know its intention. If you don't educate yourself, then you won't ever know. Perhaps that is a poor example, but it makes sense to me.

Unless you already know about it, which is a different thing entirely.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

r34 is disgusting (for me at least). Also I can not understand why would someone do something like that for such an innocent show.

Try to make me understand. I just simply don't see why. :S

As for being late? Yes. I saw ponies all across the net since 2010, but havent bothered with it in any way back then.

I get that you should try to tolerate people, and love them, but there are always the cruel exceptions.

I terribly hate some people because what they done to me in the past, and I don't see if I can ever forgive them.

I try to look positively for new people I met, but there is just this thing tingling in my mind telling me from past experiences not to.

Edited by DarX7
  • Brohoof 2

Ah, now I can see the situation. I can imagine how seeing seemingly pure and innocent things presented in such a manner could be perceived as VERY startling to someone who may not have seen these things before. Is there anyone who can say, they are not frightened when they see a snake or spider drawing near which may or may not be venomous? You just don't know if that thing wants to kill you or not, if it is violent or anything, you don't know its intention. If you don't educate yourself, then you won't ever know. Perhaps that is a poor example, but it makes sense to me.

Unless you already know about it, which is a different thing entirely.

You just simply can't do that to everything. And there are certain ethical things going wrong about this fandom, but thats just my opinion that I gathered over the past 3-4 months.

He said he has known for months.

r34 is disgusting (for me at least). Also I can not understand why would someone do something like that for such an innocent show.

As for being late? Yes. I saw ponies all across the net since 2010, but havent bothered with it in any way back then.

Why does anyone do anything to pleasure themselves?

To feel good.

Do you get a jolly from pain? If you do, ok. If not, are you going to judge people who do?

Same for r34.

Don't like it, leave it alone.

• Brohoof 4

I wouldn't count either the cloppers or grimdark fiction as the "dark" side of bronydom.

If anything I consider the intolerant people as such.

• Brohoof 14

We all are different. While some of us like innocence, some do not, and some do R34 not because they don't like innocecne but because they take sex as an outcome of love. While I may not agree with this, I should tolerate them to do whatever they do. You do not have to understand the others, you have to tolerate the others.

(edited)

I wouldn't count either the cloppers or grimdark fiction as the "dark" side of bronydom.

If anything I consider the intolerant people as such.

Posted Image

I could not agree anymore, my rock friend.

Edited by Crona
  • Brohoof 2

Nothing is innocent on the internet. Its all fair play. Besides, the whole "Oh its so pure and made for children!" thing just doesnt work. Ever.

People have fetishes...Oh, what? Expecting more than that? Well, that's it.

Every one is different and everyone likes different things. If you cant understand that then there doesn't seem like much hope.

Well, that it looks like this fandom is not for me.

I kinda now understand why, but ...

I try to be more tolerant, but I just simply can't do it for everything.

i can live with it , but I really dont like it.

Also I think i should stop, before I get an early ban.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very sorry that you have seen these things, but why are you even on Google Images?

I myself am disgusted by these images, but I know how to avoid them. I think as long as it's posted in some corner of the internet, where the people who don't want to see it can't and those who do can if they want to, then I have no problem with it, because I don't see it.

I'm sorry that you have had to see such things, but just take this as advice to learn from your mistakes and be careful on the interwebs next time.

• Brohoof 2

lolwut?

You wont get banned for just discussing a subject.

Now, if you go and start insulting errbody and dey momma's, then you might have a problem on your hands.

Besides, everything is still civil up in hur.

And what pray tell would you be banned for?

Just because there's a part of the fandom that you don't like doesn't mean you should leave.

Otherwise couldn't we say the same thing about life?

• Brohoof 1