Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is art?

Cadence Sparkle

(edited)

I know this may not be the best place to put this, but regardless it seems appropriate and if the mods disagree, they'll move it.

Anyways, people's opinion of art is different. When I say art your first thought may be painting, music etc. When I hear art I think ANYTHING a person has done that 1. took time 2. you worked hard on. Sure there is "better" art but that's why we even have this section. To help people get better now people can't get better with comments like "good". And any overviews, should be just randomly commented not "inbox me for an overview, lol" I mean if an someone REALLY want's to know how good/bad their art is ok, but not for everyone. Come on guys, we can give better feedback AT LEAST as long as this if not longer! Sorry i i'm overreacting to things it's just art is my real passion and sometimes I think people are drifting more twards the modern "auto-tuned" world where you don't need to work as hard as you used to. I will leave you with 2 links, one to my YouTube (art-ness) and one to a slightly comedic song that kinda symbolizes how I feel right now. OH and PS: too long don't read is not a valid excuse.

My YouTube

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Eo9pU1q8sy8

Edited by Cadence Sparkle

Yeah there is saying something is good and bad and giving reason's for why.

Maybe someone should make a guide for this?

However, as a artist I did love it when people just said "Wow awesome nice picture" because it makes you feel good that people appreciate your work.

(edited)

As an artist, there is nothing more satisfying than people telling you that they love your work. It makes you feel like your hard work is being appreciated. Even simple brohoofs are enough to make me smile.

Critique is very important though. You never improve if people don't point out your flaws.

But there is also a fine line between Critiquing and being a jerk.

If you wan't to point out something you don't like about my work, GREAT! I would love to hear it. Just keep in mind I don't just pull these drawings out of my ass. I work hard on them, and I have feelings.

Edited by Eljordo