Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pretty angry about xbox hard drives!

FALCON PUNCH

So I got the xbox 360 slim when it first came out but only got the 4g model this then required me to get a hard drive for the console problem was it was not being sold in Britain yet and i needed that hard drive so I got the hard drive and when i got it it looked a bit fishy (the box did) It looked genuine but only today I found out it was fake! I had the 1st halo that did not work on it and i thought it was a fluke but today I bought counter strike for xbox and it did not work and it turns out it was fake. that pissed me of

How do you survive with 4 gigs? o_O

Anyway, that sucks. I always buy used 60gig ones but I don't have a slim. I don't know what to tell ya, bud :/

I used to own a 360, but it went red ring. This happened three times and I gave up and sold everything, opting for a PS3. No troubles there.

As for the hardrives....I remember buying a nice big one so I could get some DLC for COD and Rockband to play on. I can't take my 360 so I use another persons system, go on the internet and proceed to download it. I was pretty happy; we both had some fun playing a lot of the songs I just got and shooting in the new maps.

Well I go to use it on my 360 and it won't work. It took me a full two weeks to find out it will ONLY WORK on the originally downloaded 360.

Really?

Are you serious?!

The PS3 at least allows you to put your data on three different systems, and if you subtract a contracted system from those three you can put it on another one immediately!

• Brohoof 2

I used to own a 360, but it went red ring. This happened three times and I gave up and sold everything, opting for a PS3. No troubles there.

As for the hardrives....I remember buying a nice big one so I could get some DLC for COD and Rockband to play on. I can't take my 360 so I use another persons system, go on the internet and proceed to download it. I was pretty happy; we both had some fun playing a lot of the songs I just got and shooting in the new maps.

Well I go to use it on my 360 and it won't work. It took me a full two weeks to find out it will ONLY WORK on the originally downloaded 360.

Really?

Are you serious?!

The PS3 at least allows you to put your data on three different systems, and if you subtract a contracted system from those three you can put it on another one immediately!

Yeah xbox kind of sucks... when mine stopped working completeley I bought a ps3 and I am happy. also just yesterday I strapped my xbox 360 motherboard to a tree and unloade on it with a paintball gun, I then proceeded to repeatedly striking it with a machete... and let me tell you, it felt good to finally give that piece of junk what was coming to it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah xbox kind of sucks... when mine stopped working completeley I bought a ps3 and I am happy. also just yesterday I strapped my xbox 360 motherboard to a tree and unloade on it with a paintball gun, I then proceeded to repeatedly striking it with a machete... and let me tell you, it felt good to finally give that piece of junk what was coming to it.

The only good to come out of the 360 was that push on the other two systems to out perform it; competition breeds innovation.

I can't believe people like the 360 though. The best thing on it is probably that nice looking internet, but you have to PAY to use it. And pay again for certain games like that COD MW3 game. PS3 and Wii? Nope, nothing.

People argue that the 360 has first dibs on DLC for many games. That's because they need it to compete with the stronger DLC market that Sony and Nintendo has. THEY both have a DLC market that spans their previous generations - PS1, PS2 to the Nintendo, Super Nintendo and the N64.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

How do you survive with 4 gigs? o_O

Anyway, that sucks. I always buy used 60gig ones but I don't have a slim. I don't know what to tell ya, bud :/

weeeel i had a only one game that was halo reach that only takes up about 2g i think?

The new halo 4 needs 8g just for the multiplayer 0_0

Really?

Are you serious?!

hmm...

I want to get a PS3 but it wouldn't really be necessary for me at the moment although i do want some of the classics for ps3

The only good to come out of the 360 was that push on the other two systems to out perform it; competition breeds innovation.

I can't believe people like the 360 though. The best thing on it is probably that nice looking internet, but you have to PAY to use it. And pay again for certain games like that COD MW3 game. PS3 and Wii? Nope, nothing.

People argue that the 360 has first dibs on DLC for many games. That's because they need it to compete with the stronger DLC market that Sony and Nintendo has. THEY both have a DLC market that spans their previous generations - PS1, PS2 to the Nintendo, Super Nintendo and the N64.

Not going to start a argument but people on the xbox 360 (like me) don't mind paying for there Internet.

weeeel i had a only one game that was halo reach that only takes up about 2g i think?

The new halo 4 needs 8g just for the multiplayer 0_0

hmm...

I want to get a PS3 but it wouldn't really be necessary for me at the moment although i do want some of the classics for ps3

Not going to start a argument but people on the xbox 360 (like me) don't mind paying for there Internet.

Well, neither did I. But when it first came out you had to buy the adapter which is around $50-100 and then the monthly payment which is $15. That's well over a hundred a month JUST to play a game with some people online. That's disregarding that Microsoft was going to allow game subscriptions to happen as well (thankfully got canned, as far as I can recall)

The WiiU is about to come out soon from what I'm hearing,and the PS3 is getting a lot of stuff to come out, like Legend of Dragoon and Persona 3. I'm happy on the 28 PS Vita is FINALLY updating to use PSX games, very happy there.

The only games I miss on the 360 is Halo 3 (I still prefer #2 though), Prey and Left 4 Dead, but that's really it.

Well, neither did I. But when it first came out you had to buy the adapter which is around $50-100 and then the monthly payment which is $15. That's well over a hundred a month JUST to play a game with some people online. That's disregarding that Microsoft was going to allow game subscriptions to happen as well (thankfully got canned, as far as I can recall)

The WiiU is about to come out soon from what I'm hearing,and the PS3 is getting a lot of stuff to come out, like Legend of Dragoon and Persona 3. I'm happy on the 28 PS Vita is FINALLY updating to use PSX games, very happy there.

The only games I miss on the 360 is Halo 3 (I still prefer #2 though), Prey and Left 4 Dead, but that's really it.

wow thats allot of money now it is just £5 a month so i just pay up but i do hate the MS point thing

wow thats allot of money now it is just £5 a month so i just pay up but i do hate the MS point thing

Oh, they lowered it to $10? Still, for people that's still a lot. Think on this; you just bought a game which more than likely cost you about $30-60 depending on used or not. You then have to pay to play with your friends AGAIN. That sucks a lot.

Oh, on the HD thing for you, get something much bigger. Most people have a tendency on forgetting games will upload information on it, but more than what is stated.

Here's an example - Say you have a game that requires you to upload about 1.5 gigs on you HD. That's fine, it's just enough for you. But then once you have your game connected to the internet it then asks you to upload patches. Although not as big, it is still more data that needs uploading. This is not to mention game saves and DLC (if you so decide it) Plus the profile data that needs saving as well. A 4 GB HD just isn't big enough at all, it's only good for really small games on the early 360 or for a single game to play from today such as Left 4 Dead 2, maybe you can get away with two of them.

Really?

Are you serious?!

Okay, how did you get the red ring THREE times? I've had an 360 for YEARS, and it has never had ANY of the four stages of the red ring of death.

@OP: How did you end up with a 4 GB console? Mine is one of the cheapest models, and it has 50GB.

And this, good sir, is why you never ever get a 4gigabyte harddrive. Ever.

also, I never knew they made a Counter Strike for Xbox.

Don't i have you as a friend on xbox live or something is it celestial heaven? and yeah counter strike yeahhhh

Oh, they lowered it to $10? Still, for people that's still a lot. Think on this; you just bought a game which more than likely cost you about $30-60 depending on used or not. You then have to pay to play with your friends AGAIN. That sucks a lot.

Oh, on the HD thing for you, get something much bigger. Most people have a tendency on forgetting games will upload information on it, but more than what is stated.

Here's an example - Say you have a game that requires you to upload about 1.5 gigs on you HD. That's fine, it's just enough for you. But then once you have your game connected to the internet it then asks you to upload patches. Although not as big, it is still more data that needs uploading. This is not to mention game saves and DLC (if you so decide it) Plus the profile data that needs saving as well. A 4 GB HD just isn't big enough at all, it's only good for really small games on the early 360 or for a single game to play from today such as Left 4 Dead 2, maybe you can get away with two of them.

The 'fake' hard drive i have is fine it looks the same but you just cant do things that say you need a hard drive so it like a big usb stick

Okay, how did you get the red ring THREE times? I've had an 360 for YEARS, and it has never had ANY of the four stages of the red ring of death.

@OP: How did you end up with a 4 GB console? Mine is one of the cheapest models, and it has 50GB.

It was on the release date for the xbox 360 slim and it was cheaper so that was cool.

But dose your xbox freeze alot mine dose it and i dont know if thats a sign of something.

Don't i have you as a friend on xbox live or something is it celestial heaven? and yeah counter strike yeahhhh

The 'fake' hard drive i have is fine it looks the same but you just cant do things that say you need a hard drive so it like a big usb stick

It was on the release date for the xbox 360 slim and it was cheaper so that was cool.

But dose your xbox freeze alot mine dose it and i dont know if thats a sign of something.

Mine doesn't freeze at all. Seriously. It works perfectly fine. None of those issues everyone rants and raves about.

Mine doesn't freeze at all. Seriously. It works perfectly fine. None of those issues everyone rants and raves about.

Now i think about it it must be the disk because it only ever freezes on black ops but it only happened about 5 times

I still have my older generation xbox 360 (the white one.)

Lately it has been causing me problems with the disc drive.

I really think the disc laser is pooping out on me.

It doesn't read a couple of my games unless I keep opening and closing the disc tray about 20 or so times.

I get so mad sometimes that I just want to smash it to pieces.

I don't have any money to purchase the new xbox 360's, so once this xbox dies, I will have no choice but to save up every piece of money I earn.

Oh and that's why you don't buy xbox products from 3rd party sellers. If you don't know their business that well, it's not wise to buy those types of things from them.

• Brohoof 1

Now i think about it it must be the disk because it only ever freezes on black ops but it only happened about 5 times

I think 360s were specially designed to hate the Call Of Duty franchise. It's in their contract, y'know.

I've never had issues for my Xbox. It is the slim though that might be why. I think that your Fake HDD might be the Problem. Do you have the Original or Slim. If it's the Slim then It doesn't work cause it is a bootleg: the smallest one they have for it is 250 GB's

Edited by CrazyClay

The names Haven. Celestial Haven. *Insert Bond theme here*

But, yes, you do. We never got to play Battlefield 3 together now that I think of it.

And ive only had problems with my Xbox when my mom decided to get a used one from McKays...Which is a book store that just so happens to pawn and trade electronics. All my old white ones messed up, but my beloved Gears of War 3 edition one hasn't failed me yet. :wub:

Edited by Kirby
  • Brohoof 1

It doesn't read a couple of my games unless I keep opening and closing the disc tray about 20 or so times.

I don't have any money to purchase the new xbox 360's, so once this xbox dies, I will have no choice but to save up every piece of money I earn.

I have the same old model Xbox 360 and all the same problems. >.>

It takes more effort to get the disc to be read than it does to actually complete any task in the actual game itself. :angry:

• Brohoof 1

Oh and that's why you don't buy xbox products from 3rd party sellers. If you don't know their business that well, it's not wise to buy those types of things from them.

Wait I think there is a solution to your xbox problem you can but external dvd drives for the 360 for about £15 - $25

I think 360s were specially designed to hate the Call Of Duty franchise. It's in their contract, y'know.

Actually the call of duty franchise was always made on the 360 and just ported over to the ps3 so the ps3 version has more bugs

post-3637-0-62620900-1345167993.jpg

I have the same old model Xbox 360 and all the same problems. >.>

It takes more effort to get the disc to be read than it does to actually complete any task in the actual game itself. :angry:

Exactly. It takes more frustration and determination to get that #$%& disc to get read rather than enjoying the game and having fun. :/

I've never had issues for my Xbox. It is the slim though that might be why. I think that your Fake HDD might be the Problem. Do you have the Original or Slim. If it's the Slim then It doesn't work cause it is a bootleg: the smallest one they have for it is 250 GB's

I have the slim but it no real problem it just i would like to play some classics like counter strike

Wait I think there is a solution to your xbox problem you can but external dvd drives for the 360 for about £15 - $25

Actually the call of duty franchise was always made on the 360 and just ported over to the ps3 so the ps3 version has more bugs

I only have a 20GB hard drive that came with the original Xbox 360's at the time. I rather just buy a brand new xbox 360 than to just keep performing maintenance on the one that keeps giving me trouble.
  • Brohoof 1

Exactly. It takes more frustration and determination to get that #$%& disc to get read rather than enjoying the game and having fun. :/

Yup!

Also, for me the disc drive button is broken (meaning I can only open it through on-screen options) and the Xbox usually requires a nice smack to get it to open. Which is obviously not something I wanna do to my Xbox. :/

• Brohoof 1