Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Our last goodybes (Preview)

Finesthour

(edited)

I was thinking of a fic a moment ago about a dream I had last night.

What if we died right now, but we were able to have communication with our loved ones?

What would we say? What would we do?

Well, this inspired me to write a fic about just a thing.

I am just putting up this small piece to see if anyone is interested.

Don't read if you don't want a spoiler on the fic.

I awoke with a start. Sweat covered my pink coat, which put a pungent odor into the air. My chest was rising and falling with such a great force that if Gummy was on my chest, he’d be sick by now. I raised myself off of whatever surface I was on and scanned my surroundings. My mouth fell open due to the surprise of what I saw.

Somehow, I had found myself sleeping in the Everfree forest. The dark foliage around me was lit up by the moonlight, which allowed me to partly see. My vision was still hazy due to being groggy, but I could feel myself coming to my senses. I let myself stay perfectly still, mind my chest, and just relax for a moment. As I had hoped, the fierce movement of my chest began to slow, and my body heat returned to normal. My coat still felt sticky from the sweat, but I could live through it. I had been to plenty parties where I had gotten sweaty before, so it is not such a big deal. I giggled to myself softly as I thought of this one party where I had gotten soo messed up on candy that I passed out. It kind of felt like it does now, actually.

My mind was lit up with a shocking revelation that brought a smile to my face. Yes, that’s it! I had only partied last night and got messed up, and crashed in the forest. I giggled to myself again, happy to find an answer. I am so silly sometimes! After my giggles found their way out of my system, I looked out into the forest once more. I looked out into the darkness, and felt a low hum of fear within myself. I looked down to the ground and closed my eyes. The thought that was going through my mind was,

“I told the girls that they could laugh at the ghosties to make their fears disappear to help them... I never thought I would have to face the darkness alone.” I looked up into the darkness of the forest once more, readying every nerve in my system. “I have to do this.” I thought again. My breathing became erratic due to the fear racing through my body, which caused my hooves to begin walking on their own. Within seconds, I was in the very darkness that caused all my fears of the dark to come alive. I had my eyes closed once I reached the dark shadows under the leaves of the trees. My mind raced, but I began to think of every happy thought I could muster.

“Twilight... Rarity... Dashie.. AppleJack... Fluttershy.. parties... candy.. Gummy... they’re all waiting for me back home..” My head then suddenly shot up at what I had said to myself. “They were all waiting for me”. I suddenly felt very selfish. What if my friends were looking for me!? I was probably worrying them sick!

This was enough to cause my confidence to skyrocket, as I began to run through the shadows to find myself back to Ponyville.

Edited by Crona the Critic
  • Brohoof 4