What was your opinion on my little pony before you watched friendship is magic?

jacibobsthebrony

I had no idea they had remade the show at all! :derp:  I was snowed in my trailer and just thought to rewatch all the 80's mlp for something to do.  I kinda tripped and hit my knee on it when I saw links to a new MLP: Fim.  I started to watch it and found I really liked it! :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 2

I always found them REALLY cute! Like, I saw these characters in player-created stories for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I never saw something so cute and colorful before!!

At the time, there were many, many animators on YouTube and I tried to look up what this pony stuff is about. But I only saw weird and violent animations about the ponies. So...I thought that this pony-stuff is just one of these animation series one of the YouTubers came up with. :ButtercupLaugh: I thought these weird animations are all there is to it and I was disappointed and didn't like it at all... I mean...it was so weird! Why are the 3D models and characters I saw in the horror game so cute and beautiful, when the "actual" animation series on YouTube is so completely different?!? :wau:

But then I was looking for "something new" in 2019 and I discovered Friendship is Magic. The real thing! :fluttershy: And I immediately fell in love with it. And the characters looked exactly like the 3D models I saw. :) I could have become a brony a decade ago. But I only knew about these weird YouTube animations and I was scared away and never looked for more of it... :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I think the period of time when I was aware of MLPFIM but was not a fan was rather short; I would guess a maximum of about a month. I thought at least the majority of those who claimed to enjoy MLPFIM was more doing it to troll people who were not in on the joke, so to speak. I suppose this was true to an extent in the early days when 4chan users used MLPFIM as a means to troll others.

my-little-pony-przyjazn-to-magia-mods-ar

I do not think I ever hated MLPFIM. I always at least considered the art style to be visually pleasing. One of the earliest images about the show I remember is someone's signature image of Fluttershy holding her breath, but it was edited so that appeared as if she was eating the image.

maxresdefault.jpg

Relatively speaking, there hardly any fan-made content of MLP:FIM at the time -- mid-2011 -- so they had no or very little role in convincing me that the praises for the show were genuine.

• Brohoof 2