Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your opinion on my little pony before you watched friendship is magic?

jacibobsthebrony

I only noticed it as something weird popping up on funnyjunk, which I no longer like that much. I decided to look it up on know your meme and check out all the weird pony stuff people were posting. I decided after a while to watch the first episode, and force myself though the first five. I did have moments where I was like... "WTF am I doing?" but alot of them were too good to pass up.

I became hooked after I finished the first season and the rest is history. I actually only really love maybe six or seven episodes, and dislike only three or four.

Fun fact: Season 2 started the same week as my class graduation, which was the same week of the DADT repeal becoming effective. Coincidence?

I only noticed it as something weird popping up on funnyjunk, which I no longer like that much. I decided to look it up on know your meme and check out all the weird pony stuff ponies were posting. I decided after a while to watch the first episode, and force myself though the first five. I did have moments where I was like... "WTF am I doing?" but alot of them were too good to pass up.

I became hooked after I finished the first season and the rest is history. I actually only really love maybe six or seven episodes, and dislike only three or four.

Fun fact: Season 2 started the same week as my class graduation, which was the same week of the DADT repeal becoming effective. Coincidence?

Wow, people still go on FunnyJunk? That quite honestly surprises me. I didn't think anyone went there anymore.

Wow, people still go on FunnyJunk? That quite honestly surprises me. I didn't think anyone went there anymore.

I go back once in a blue moon for nostalgic reasons. Once I went and it was flooded with Last Airbender shit...

Sweet avatar BTW.

I go back once in a blue moon for nostalgic reasons. Once I went and it was flooded with Last Airbender shit...

Sweet avatar BTW.

Thanks. It's the only 150x150 pic I have. I have much better pics, but they are usually around 800+xsomething.

I was in LOVE with the toys when they were *new* :D Then when I heard there was a TV show filled with the characters I knew ad loved, I kinda just got carried away with life and forgot about MLP...but sometime last year I saw a YouTube video of Derpy crying, and I was deeply moved :P

Ever since then i have been a proud Pegasister :D however, it seems that the merchandise and toys have been downgraded, how I wish had kept that purple pony I got when I was five...

Well... I did watch the first My little pony series back then did not like it as much but my little sis watched it so I would till my shows would start right after she got done watching it. I did not like it but I would say its where it first started and now its gotten even better. An improvement to my thumb! :lol:

I didn't even know Mlp:fim exsisted. I thought it was the same series that started in the 80s. When my brony friends on my mc server first started talking about only 2 seasons I got very confused. Then upon discovery I made the common assumption it was for little girls and I automatically disliked it.

I didn't really care much about it. I didn't even know it was on or how large the fandom was. I didn't watch much tv back then so yeah. But I kept on watching just to see what it was about. (thank Fluttershy for giving me cutegasms) Then yeah. I was a fan.

I didn't mind the original series very much as there were far worse offenders to masculinity at the time. Though people tend to smack talk G2 & 3, I won't without at least giving it a fighting chance.

I hated it. I just did. Many people said I looked girly talked girly and rumors went about saying that I liked my little pony. That's when I started hating it. This was when I was about 5 or 6. My mum used to joke about with me saying hey son do you want me to buy you a my little pony collection for christmas whenever a my little pony tv advert came on. Then I discovered the new show and now I actually want the my little pony collection for christmas. :)

I never really bothered with MLP or anything till my friend StaryKrow drew a lot of ponies in our art class then he talked me into watching the show when he said lauren faust made it :|

Fosters..home..FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS

Srs? I thought it would be like G3. Aka the single most horrible thing ever created.

Then my Dad asked me to watch an episode. I did. BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE (lol jk I love it)! Cause I didn't really need another thing to get addicted to. I'm already a gaming addict.

But whatever, I'm now a brony for life.

I actually didn't know the My Little Pony TV show really existed, but I heard somethings about it, but not enough to make a real opinion on the show. Really, I didn't really care whether it was for boys or girls, if it is a good show well what the heck? I am actually glad that I began watching it.

I really didn't think anything of it when I was younger. I was aware the show exist but I never saw it on tv and always thought the toys to look really creepy. New it was ment for little girls so never really cared at all until the last few years when the internet went ablaze with ponies and I had to check out what all the fuss was about.

I didn´t had an opinion about my little pony friendship is magic. But i knew it was popular. (thanks to the internet) Luckily here in Germany aired a marathon on the TV and i thougt to myself, give it a try. After that i became brony.

My friend sent me a link via Gchat of the first episode, and I was hooked right away.

As for my opinion on it, I was fairly confused. The thought of a little girl's show being sent to me by a friend wasn't exactly normal. I hadn't known of the fanbase before that, so I had no idea what was going on.

I was indifferent. My little sister used to watch g 3 and I seen an episode or two and assumed FiM was just like that.

Until I heard Pinkie Pie's Smile song then it all changed....

I just couldn't understand what the appeal was.

So I often just said whatever to it, im not watching it.

However once a day of boredom kicked in I decided Id watched it.

From then on I understood why so many liked it.

At first I just kind of ignored it since the whole MLP franchise before FiM wasn't very good. Then I started seeing the ponies more on the internet, and I thought they seemed pretty cute, at least compared to the ponies in the older generations. After a while I decided to try watching it; I thought that since a bunch of adults watch a show made for little girls, it's probably good quality.