Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your feelings about the ending of Friendship is Magic?

adorylovestwilight

I personally don’t like it too much, but I like to imagine that they will make a return as their old forms in G5 somewhere in the series. I understand that this is supposed to be a new generation where the old characters are assumably dead, but they must make some sort of a- flashback, or like where Sunny can communicate with them through the dead or IDK!! Just something where they can make an appearance as they were so iconic and important!!! I think the book that they opened and closed in the beginning and end of the show could be opened again by Sunny or present day Twilight in her normal form because I literally hate how Twilight was like huge like Celestia in the end of the show. So yea, I hope someday they either make a continuation of the series, or continue it in the g5!

• Brohoof 1

@adorylovestwilight

Since this thread is discussing the end of Friendship is Magic, it will be moved to FiM Canon Discussion. While you have made it clear that G5 can be brought up, FiM Canon Discussion is still the appropriate area.

• 2 weeks later...

In retrospect, I have mixed feelings about it overall. I can't say that I was the biggest fan of Twilight or Spike's design and also the confirmation that Twilight will definitely outlive her friends. I thought the song was good though.

Nothing is perfect, but for what FiM has been (a cartoon show aimed at very young people) the ending was really amazing. Yes, I would also have some open question which hasn't been addressed, some things I might have wished differently but this doesn't change the fact that the ending was really good for me. This goes for both the the final climax of season 9 and the outlook in the FiM future.

Yes, Im also sadness by the idea that Twilight will at least live much longer than her friends. FiM never really told us all these details though at the same time it still part of this world. In fact there are more some heartbreaking moments in FiM. Therefore this doesnt take anything away from me.

I loved how the finished the whole show with a song and the closes literally the book.

• Brohoof 2