Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Recording software?

Bow Heart

I've been looking for some recording software to record what's onscreen on my computer, preferably software that can hook up to a mic as well. I don't really know what to look for, as I'm just going to do some let's plays. It'd really help if it could be free and without any viruses too. Can someone please link if they know of some?

If anything, thank you for taking the time to read :)

The best and light weight I have used all these years is fraps, It hardly ever effects my FPS in a game when I am playing. It can take inputs from the mic if you want but it might need some configuring.

The best and light weight I have used all these years is fraps, It hardly ever effects my FPS in a game when I am playing. It can take inputs from the mic if you want but it might need some configuring.

I use Fraps as well. I tend to record mic audio in Audacity though, as Fraps' mic recording isn't the best quality.

I've heard of fraps before but I have no idea if it needs downloaded or if it comes with the computer. Configuring shouldn't be a problem. If it helps, I'm using a HP laptop and it has a webcam/mic built in, which is dandy and all but it doesn't record what's onscreen.

Okie dokie, I found fraps lol. I feel kinda stupid. I didn't know it had it's own site *sigh* I need to learn how to google things without being paranoid of viruses.

Thanks everyone :)

Mods can close this thread if they want :3

I used to use Hypercam 2 and with my video card it worked quite well. But ever since I started using Linux as my OS I've had to use a crappier freakin' recording thing. -_-

• 2 weeks later...