This is GDO29Anagram speaking.

Ganaram Inukshuk

This is GDO29Anagram of deviantART and SC4Devotion speaking. I'm, clearly, just another brony. But enough of the obvious things. Time to explain myself deeper.

First, the interwebs, or more specific, its influence. The first online community was deviantART and that was back in January 2009. I was more interested in other things at the time because, well, MLP-FiM didn't exist at the time. Happy Tree Friends was what I was interested at the time. The moment I joined deviantART for the HTF community was when I started a second life of my own: My Internet Life.

Next thing that got me interested was a game called Simcity 4. It's a bit of a relic of a game, but it still has an active fanbase and modding community. It was in April-May 2010 that I got active in THAT community. At that point, I now had another facet to my Internet life: HTF and SC4.

But, as you know, things aren't constant. Quoting Ben Franklin, the only two certainties are death and taxes. If there should ever be a third certainty, it's change. It was the second half of 2011 that things started to change drastically.

At that point, I had already graduated high school (wow, interesting...) and began college. Two things, almost simultaneously, began to take hold of me: Minecraft and Ponies. Minecraft came first, and it was out of curiosity. Ponies came next. At first it was just me watching people blow stuff up in Minecraft, and people making YouTubePoops of ponies. Actually, it was because of a YTP that made me a brony. I refuse to tell what it is because it isn't appropriate for work.

August 2008 was when I actually got in interested in HTF, and I joined the dA community in January 2009. Summer 2009 was when I got interested in SC4, and I became active in that community the following year. Minecraft got to me in the summer of 2011, with Ponies finally getting to me by August. Now you know the basic story of my past three years of Internet life.

Now, what am I? A brony, Minecrafter, SC4 modder, a NAMite (That's the term given to people who are a part of a certain SC4 modding team), and Inkscape artist. Yes, I am an artist. In fact, most of my Internet life was revolved around fanart. Not only that, but trying, failing, and succeeding at becoming one MANY communities. But unlike most people who just jump right in, I tend to lurk around a bit, usually out of shyness or out of observation.

Now for the next part: Integrating myself into a new community. I have already told a brief history of myself, but I haven't fully introduced myself yet. Who's the person with this odd history?

The name's GDO29Anagram. That's a name that I've retained for many years, and has changed very little. I've given myself an Internet name: Ganaram Inukshuk. That's what many people refer to me throughout the communities I've been a part of.

Does this person (me) have an actual tangible appearance? Yes, but in lieu of an actual picture of myself or my ponysona, I'll describe my pony self: A light-grey pegasus stallion with a dark-grey mane, glasses, a black jacket and blue eyes, with a cutie mark consisting of four blue triangles, two of them arranged in a trapezoid, the other arranged in a right triangle, both of which are arranged in a pentagon, with the gaps between every triangle forming a downward-pointing arrow. (I'm actually gonna leave that as a riddle for you guys to try to solve, if you dare to solve it.)

I should be able to find my way around, because that's what lurking is for anyway, but feel free to drop off any words of advice on where I should go from here, because there's always something new, even with my three years of Internet experience. These days, I'm usually found on deviantART, Simtropolis, and SC4Devotion. I plan to add MLPForums to that list.

As of the art aspect, most of the things I draw, though very little, is usually focused around my pony self, a companion by the name of Gem, the main ponies from the show itself (And I do enjoy the show, it's just hard to find a convenient time to watch), and crossing over back into Happy Tree Friends.

See ya. :)

• Brohoof 3

a0AgWVX.png

<>

Welcome to the forum - it's always nice to see new faces around here, especially ones that seem to share my love for creating giant blocks of text. ;)

Truthfully, I don't think you're likely to need much in the way of advice, this community is extremely welcoming and easy to slip into, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I look forward to seeing you stick around!

Welcome to the forums, G9!

Awesome to get such an interesting person pony here at MLPforums. And I must say, yuor intro is THE best so far. I really liked how honest it was and long.

And I can't wait to see your drawings and especially of your ponysona - Gem. :P

Edited by Freckle

shiet got srs guise

Sorry for the delayed reply. It tends to take me a while to conjure up one.

Looks to me that I'll have an enjoyable time here. (Yay.) I do have a plan for where to go from here. As mentioned, I have my ponysona (Ganaram, not Gem) and his companion (Gem, a really close friend of Ganaram), but I have at least two other characters.

With that said, I did find some animation software last night: Synfig Studio. I should be able to use that in conjunction with Inkscape to achieve the very thing that I once thought was unattainable. I just need to figure out how to operate it... :blink:

A little more stuff I forgot to mention: My drawings are almost all vector, and it's been that way for two years. I took a digital design class while I was in high school and was fascinated by the Adobe programs (Fireworks, Photoshop, and Flash). This was also at the time when HTF was still at the top of my interest. After looking up vector drawing programs, I stumbled upon Inkscape and went on from there.

a0AgWVX.png

<>