Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New My Little Pony Series About The Background Characters?

Woofey

I feel that A LOT of the popular side/background characters should get atleast their own episodes, but not a whole season. It's not that it'd be bad, I'd like for them to be featured A LOT, but it'd turn away from the actualy main 6. I'd love to see Vinyl Scratch get some sort of invitation to be the musician of a very Big event, or the Grand Galloping Gala, but it isn't how she thought it would turn out because soon after getting the invitation, she would be informed something like "and don't bring any of that, 'Boom Boom' non sense would you?". It'd be the toughest musical preformance she'd have to make but she executes it perfectly and the Gala goes fine until some event happens, the main six fight off the evil and she plays fitting music where the monster can't resist dancing too. Everyone's saved, the main six and the crowd thanks her for her and her music. I don't know, I can't write something I didn't originally create but it'd be cool to see the main six as background characters in their episodes.

It would be cool if they had short little seres, like episodes that last maybe 10 to 15 min online, but I feel like we the Bronies are doing a great job with them. I feel that fan-fics, animation, and other stuff that we are doing is great. So I don't think they need one.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

A completely new show? No. They are Background characters after all, and a new series about them is kinda excessive. I know they at least deserve their own episodes though. Would like to see that.

• Brohoof 1

If people couldn't handle a minute of characterization from a single pony, it probably goes without saying they won't take the idea very kindly. It's not that it's a bad idea, it's just people wouldn't know how to handle it in a mature way.

While it is an interesting concept, it may not turn out as well as we would all like to imagine. There are so many different interpretations of how the background ponies behave and what their personalities are like that no matter how they were handled many of the fans would be left disappointed. One of the reasons that the background ponies can become so popular within the fandom is because their personalities are undefined, so that if you run across an interpretation of your favorite background pony that you don't like or agree with you can disregard it and use your favorite interpretation of said pony. In this sense the lack of a defined personality can protect them. It's the same problem as if Hasbro started shipping ponies, you'd love the couples you agreed with and be annoyed/disappointed with the ones you didn't.

TL:DR Might be cool, would inevitably upset fans. Might reduce popularity of background ponies.

• Brohoof 1

It seems like a good idea, but in reality, I actually wouldn't like that. G4 already has a set of six main characters, it shouldn't really have a side series about different characters that are just used in backgrounds in the main series. They're really only meant for fans to shape their personalities. But I'm all for single episodes featuring some of the characters like Vinyl.

• Brohoof 3

Wow, those are all very great reasons guys. and ur all probably right about not having a full series, but a few episodes or more involvment.

No, I dont think so.

If they get an episode, I think it has to be more then one. Not a derpy episode, not a lyra episode, but a derpy/lyra/Vinyl/other background character episode. But I dont think they need an episode, I do think that background characters need to talk more!

Not necisarily a new series, but give them all a large part in a special or episode. Like have one episode where dr. whooves intertwines with the main characters in some whacky adventure, same with derpy and other favorites :)

Well, a whole new series devoted to them would be a bit extreme, but I reckon they should at least get an episode each. This would let them get some backstory, but that could also be a bad thing. It would probably crush some people's fanfictions. If they were to make some background pony episodes, they would need to do them pretty soon.

An episode or two would be good to further explore the background characters.... But to make a whole series about them? I seriously doubt it would happen.... Whilst I would love to see more Derpy :wub: and Vinyl Scratch in later episodes I doubt that a full series will be made about them.... I guess its up to the Brony community to provide more background and adventures for the less important characters in the show ;) ....