Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New PC

Lost

great build, i must say i'm a little jelly haha :D hope it serves you well for years to come!

LOL, "Years"

Chances are i'll be changing parts out within the next year :P

I have already had one problem with it, for some reason my Norton was causing a problem which made my tcpip.sys fail, causing a bluescreen. Disabled norton and it seems to be running fine :P

The first build problem i encountered (and the second and third) were from putting the motherboard in too early, after i finished putting it back in for the final time i felt very derpy like.

post-7214-0-87838500-1345864134.jpg

haha all in a learning experience :P

Norton's pretty bloated and glitchy though, how about uninstalling it and using Microsoft Security Essentials instead? The memory footprint is really low and it does a decent enough job of halting viruses and such.

• Brohoof 1

haha all in a learning experience :P

Norton's pretty bloated and glitchy though, how about uninstalling it and using Microsoft Security Essentials instead? The memory footprint is really low and it does a decent enough job of halting viruses and such.

Scroll up to the spec list, 16gb of RAM. Memory = no issue :P

I know what you mean though, i am completely aware of the bazillions of issues that Norton tends to have although i have always used Norton, so has my father and he even uses it in his business, and neither of us have had a single problem, i'm probably going to figure out a solution tomorrow, for now i'm just running it unprotected and being safe with my browsing.

Woo, congrats on the build. ;) good to hear it went successfully!

As for anti virus, I don't know much cause I'm a Linux nerd but I've heard good things about avg as well. Can anypony confirm or deny this?

As for anti virus, I don't know much cause I'm a Linux nerd but I've heard good things about avg as well. Can anypony confirm or deny this?

Well AVG 'just works', but that's about it. It doesn't have any particularly impressive features and uses up a moderate amount of memory.

It used to be good, but now its been outclassed by about everything else. If it needs to be free, Microsoft Security Essentials is the best right now.

Well AVG 'just works', but that's about it. It doesn't have any particularly impressive features and uses up a moderate amount of memory.

It used to be good, but now its been outclassed by about everything else. If it needs to be free, Microsoft Security Essentials is the best right now.

Alright, good to know. Haven't had to use any of that stuff in years, so I suppose the reason I thought of AVG is because it used to be much more prominent.