Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's Get It Started!

Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch (aka DJ PON-3) is ready to rip up this joint! Posted Image

If you're from the 3DS Forums, I'm SonofMrPeanut. That's actually where all this started for me. I began seeing pony avatars and meme images, but I chalked that up to it being some ironic 4chan thing. Turns out I was only half right, but that was enough.

Going into summer (May), I had to see what the real appeal was. After a couple of episodes, I was distracted by Adventure Time and E3. After that, I got right back on my horse (wordplay, gotta love it) and finished Season 1 on Thursday, July 7th during my stay in San Francisco with Party of One and Best Night Ever. Upon finishing, it happened. I realized this show was amazing, I snapped and burst into laughter over the fact. I suddenly had a hunger for more, so I began reading the thread and eventually went to check Equestria Daily and Everypony Radio on a daily basis. Within the week, I was already listening to Bronyville to get outside opinions. Unlike any show I'd ever watched before, I just had to find other viewers. Since no one in my summer program knew of it, and there really wasn't a good time to show them, the internet was all I had. What sealed my fate was the unprecedented amount of creativity in the fan community. There were simply amazing fanfics, the visual art always had me coming back for the next Drawfriend article, and most of all....da musiks! I'm a singer, and I'm absolutely floored by what's been churned up on a regular basis. I would've never thought of myself watching MLP or listening to Eurobeat, but look at me now! My horizons have opened. Posted Image

I've been lost in the magic of friendship ever since. I just bought my first bit of pony swag, a coloring book with 30 stickers, last saturday at the OC Bronies meetup.

My favorite of the Mane 6 is Pinkie Pie, no question. I'm consistently the oddball in most every group of friends I've had, so I can relate. Just show any of them the show, and they'll probably associate me directly with her. Vinyl is best unicorn, though, so there you go.

With the opening of the forums, let me be the first to say...

post-4-0-55330600-1317629382_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 5

How could one of the longest and best-written intros sink right to the bottom of the Welcoming Plaza? :o

It's great to see you here, SonofMrPeanut/Vinyl Scratch. It's cool to hear everypony's story about how they got into the show. Congrats on already having bought a colouring book - I've still yet to splurge any cash on pony merchandise myself. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I do...

• Brohoof 2

Hey! You got Vinyl as your name! Sweet!

*cough* this is Fghik on the 3dsforums ... :P *cough*

I can't really relate to any of the mane6 characters; but I think Rarity is the best.

• Brohoof 1

Great introduction. :) Hai SonofMrPeanut, It's so awesome to have you here. :3

I would've never thought of myself watching MLP or listening to Eurobeat, but look at me now! My horizons have opened.

I could say the exact same thing! :D

• 3 months later...