Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My encounter with a troll.

Sierraman

Yes, sorry about that, This all happened today, and I was typing as fast as i could, i appreciate your constructive criticism, though. Curse you, proper grammer.

"grammar", sorry i had too ^^

but anyways about the trolls, meh i just ignore them completely, even if someone decided to beat me or something i'd take it like a man, (even though with 10years of martial arts i could kill him easily enough) but what is best about this is... it can be taken to court... He is putting you down for your love of a show... so i can make money off of him ^^ totally worth being hit.

All your doing is watching a tv show. Doing so will not affect your sexuality or chance of "getting laid" also a real friend wouldnt freak out about you liking a show either in my opinion. Your the same person you were when you didnt tell people you were one so why should they think different of you when you are.

Keep you head held high and your grades up and things will work out

I don't mean to play devil's advocate here but you're kind of inviting someone to comment and mock you thereafter by posting that kind of status. Calling him a "troll" is a lazy application of the term, have to be honest with you.

I can imagine that precious few on your Facebook care enough about your hobbies to warrant your "outing yourself" as a member of a certain fandom. It doesn't really make any sense to me why you'd do as much and expect NOT to get picked on.

Your other error, besides posting about it at all, was simply posting a text post about it. This invites your less Internet literate friends to do their own searches and develop their own thoughts about the fandom... which, for the average person, are usually inflammatory.

What confuses me is how you peg this regular guy as a troll for forming pretty regular thoughts about something he isn't educated about. It's not a big deal. It's especially not big enough a deal to warrant complaining to us about this guy like he committed some gregarious offense. Our fandom is pretty vulnerable to abuse and misunderstanding. You have to deal with it, face the facts. It doesn't make everyone who makes an awry comment a bad guy but you're going to get plenty of those types of comments with this kind of hobby.

P.S. ; mentioning his sexuality doesn't make your case any stronger. If anything, it's kind of childish. You can simply love crotch dachshund and be just as manly as any other guy in your mannerisms. His being gay has no bearing on this context.

So far, I've not really encountered much about it, then again, only a small group of my friends even know. Most of these friends have been just fine with it. I've even posted on fb about it on a few occasions and there's not really been any negativity. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Even in a class I was in where a brony did a presentation to the class about bronies; there was no negativity whatsoever.

Edited by TheEngineer
  • Brohoof 1

I read things like this, and I feel sad that people get attacked for what they like.

I also feel lucky to have friends on facebook and other sites that know about me liking MLP and don't bring it up to be made fun of or say things to me about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to take a minute to point out why everything that guy said was incorrect, but imbecility of that magnitude should be self-evident.

This is probably going to sound harsh when that's not my intent, but I really don't understand why people such as yourself consider guys like that to be your friends. People abuse you, they take advantage of your forbearance; they'll destroy your reputation and credibility with any who will listen, and you'll still try to curry some kind of favor with them by lying to yourselves about who you are, and in so doing you make yourself doubly miserable when you could leave these people behind and find far more enjoyment by yourself. The lonliness may hurt (though in your case you seem to have a few brony friends), but it hurts far less than killing yourself on the inside and becoming a groupie for people who will never respect you and always deride you for never being able to live up to their standards of what's cool. And I'm not just talking about situations involving MLP. This goes for all areas of life. I guarantee that you'll regret looking back over your life when you're old and seeing that other people lived it for you. Put a stop to that right now.

Don't delete your statuses; remove the offending individuals. Put that status update back, wait for him to complain, then give him the brush off.

what do you guys think i should do?

Subscribe to the school of not giving a fuck. That's the easiest way to handle jackasses like that one. While I've never made a Facebook post about me being a brony, I do publicly announce it by wearing a few shirts. Nobody ever seems to have anything to say to me. So, yeah, stop giving a shit, do your thing and ignore the haters.

Oh, if I were you, I'd defriend that guy and never associate with him again. Really, you don't want to hang around someone so narrow-minded anyway.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

i only shower beause i want to be clean, i don't give a shit about what other people think of me. But tha is no troll, he probably just had a chat with other people who hate bronies and they gave him the steriotypical type of brony and knew you were one so started insulting you. Or he got paid.